Thread: pullup form

FJ and G is on a distinguished road. (+10) FJ and G is on a distinguished road. (+10) FJ and G is on a distinguished road. (+10) FJ and G is on a distinguished road. (+10) FJ and G is on a distinguished road. (+10) FJ and G is on a distinguished road. (+10) FJ and G is on a distinguished road. (+10) FJ and G is on a distinguished road. (+10) FJ and G is on a distinguished road. (+10) FJ and G is on a distinguished road. (+10) FJ and G is on a distinguished road. (+10)

pullup form

I do the overhand pullups about shoulder width apart and try to go from flat bottom to chin above bar, no kipping (kipping is swinging the body)

Towards the end, I do partials until failure (total of 4 sets, often supersetted with bentover BB rows)

Is there a better way or am I doing these OK?

(used to do these 2 X week but now do them on upper back day 1x only)
    Last edited by FJ and G; 07-15-2006 at 02:04 PM.

45BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) 45BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) 45BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) 45BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) 45BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) 45BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) 45BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) 45BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) 45BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) 45BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) 45BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't like going to the chest as it bothers my shoulder a tad but I am able to go a halfway between the chin and the chest. You may want to go a bit further than the chin. As long as your not sticking your neck out like a turtle to clear the bar, your overall your form sounds good because you say your not 'kipping'. You could vary your grip a bit but againt that depends on how other parts of the body respond to such a change.