Thread: My Grocery List

PBiddy412 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My Grocery List

Hey all,

Just sharing my grocery list. Tell me if there is anything bad here.

Loaf Ezekiel Bread
    Fiber One Cereal
    Quaker Oats
    Uncle Bens Brown Rice
    Little Barn Noodles
    Natural Chunky PB
    Starkist Tuna in Water
    2% Reduced Fat Milk
    Lowfat Cottage Cheese
    Boneless Skinless Chicken Tenderloins
    Omega 3 Eggs
    Sliced Roasted Turkey Breast Skinless and Boneless
    Apples
    Bananas
    Broccoli
    Cauliflower
    Cucumbers
    Tomotoes
    Green Peppers
    Romaine Lettuce

I think thats everything. Let me know. The noodles are homemade. Had 2.5g of fat, 6g Protien, 23g Carb, and 220 Calories. I hope they aren't bad.

gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'd let you cook me dinner! One question though: Where's the beef?

The only thing I'd change is spending the extra for omega-3 eggs. From some things I've read, polyunsaturated fats break down at high temperatures anyway, so it's only useful to eat them raw. However, I don't know what that temperature is or whether it applies to omega-3 or just omega-6, so don't take my word for it.
    The only other reason to get those eggs is because the chickens are raised more ethically.
    Never waste an egg yolk

"Breakfast is the most important meal of the morning." -Homer Simpson

"Here's my theory: The better someone's genetics are, the more of a dumb**** he is." -Alan Aragon

Good point on the beef. I figured I had enough protein with the tuna and turkey. As for the Omega 3 eggs. I just saw Omega 3 and was like thats awsome. I didn't know about it dissapearing at certain temperatures. I don't think I could eat them raw :S. Be disgusting probably lol.

bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by PBiddy412
    Hey all,

Just sharing my grocery list. Tell me if there is anything bad here.

Loaf Ezekiel Bread
    Fiber One Cereal
    Quaker Oats
    Uncle Bens Brown Rice
    Little Barn Noodles
    Natural Chunky PB
    Starkist Tuna in Water
    2% Reduced Fat Milk
    Lowfat Cottage Cheese
    Boneless Skinless Chicken Tenderloins
    Omega 3 Eggs
    Sliced Roasted Turkey Breast Skinless and Boneless
    Apples
    Bananas
    Broccoli
    Cauliflower
    Cucumbers
    Tomotoes
    Green Peppers
    Romaine Lettuce

I think thats everything. Let me know. The noodles are homemade. Had 2.5g of fat, 6g Protien, 23g Carb, and 220 Calories. I hope they aren't bad.
    Looks awesome to me. I wouldn't be able to go a week without beef though, lol. But I guess you dont "need" it if you don't want it. However if you like eating beef id definatly recommend getting some as the saturated fats are good in your diet at small amounts.

I don't think you need to waste the money on the omega eggs. The amount of omega 3 in them im pretty sure is minimal, probably less than 1 gram per 2 eggs. The omega 6 in them isn't needed as most of us get too much omega-6 anyway in comparison to our omega-3. You would be better off adding some flaxseed oil to your list and taking 1 or 2 spoons full a day, probably as much omega 3 in just 1 spoonful as the entire dozen eggs.

I would also add some more berries / fruits. I usually pick up strawberries and blueberries frozen. The berries are great for shakes and are also good antioxidants with lots of fiber. Then again with a grocery list like this you probably don't have to supplement with shakes.

As for fruits I love grapefruits, oranges, grapes, pears, its all good. But if your gonna eats lots of apples and bananas and take your multivitamin then you don't really need to worry yourself too much.

Noodles are probably fine by the way. Whole wheat would be prefered but you're allowed to eat a few things you like. Noodles isn't an unhealthy choice by any means.

Good Job!

Edit: get some spinach for your salads. Use romaine and spinach together as spinach has vitamin K in it. Most multis (mine included) don't have any vit K and its food sources are scarce. Brocolli and Spinach are the only ways I get it, and I doubt you will eat brocolli every single day. :P
    Last edited by eLJaKo; 06-02-2006 at 07:58 AM.

I grew up on Broccolli so I could eat it everyday . Raw too. Its one of those abnormal things I can do. I was that weird kid that would eat everyones broccolli lol. I love that stuff! As for putting together meals. This is what I am trying to start off with. I didn't use everything such as quaker oats as I might use those instead of cereal in the mornings. I'm trying to get started here and this is best I came up with. I'm sure it can be better. I also weigh 210 lbs. I am going to pick up some whey today at GNC. So that will be added in there.

Breakfast:

2 Omega 3 Eggs - 140 Calories
    2 Cup Fiber One - 240 Calories
    1 Cup 2% Red. Fat Milk - 130 Calories
    1 Banana - 90 Calories

Total Calories - 600 Calories

Brunch:

2 Slice Ezekiel - 160 Calories
    2 Slice Turkey - 180 Calories (Guess) Could be totally wrong!
    1 Apple - 55 Calories

Total Calories - 395 Calories

Lunch:

6 Pieces Chicken Tenderloins - 165 Calories
    5.2 oz Broccoli - 50 Calories
    3.5 oz Cauliflower - 25 Calories
    3.6 oz Cucumber - 16 Calories
    1 Green Pepper - 24 Calories
    6 oz Romain Lettuce - 28 Calories
    Basalmic Vinegarette - 90 Calories

Total Calories - 398

Lunch/Dinner:

1/2 Cup Brown Rice - 340 Calories
    6 OZ Tuna - 180 Calories

Total Calories - 520

Dinner:

1 Cup Cottage Cheese - 180 Calories
    1 Slice Ezekiel Bread - 80 Calories
    2 TBSP Natural Chunky PB - 210 Calories

Total Calories - 470

Overal Calories - 2363

Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Looks pretty good. If I could, I'd ditch the deli meat, but, if you're not eating it by the ton, I doubt it matters a lot....(the deli meat here has corn syrup in it, though....)

Everybody else: stop fricken talking about fricken beef: I haven't had it since April, and that was the first time in 2.5 years. (misses steak)....
    "Every woman should have four pets in her life: a mink in her closet; a jaguar in
    her garage; a tiger in her bed; and a jackass who pays for everything." ~Paris Hilton~

The "diet" industry is the only business in the world that succeeds by failure.

bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by TricepGirl
    Looks pretty good. If I could, I'd ditch the deli meat, but, if you're not eating it by the ton, I doubt it matters a lot....(the deli meat here has corn syrup in it, though....)

Everybody else: stop fricken talking about fricken beef: I haven't had it since April, and that was the first time in 2.5 years. (misses steak)....
    corn syrup in deli meat ewwww...I have turkey breast in the fridge now, forget the brand name but it tastes like you just took the turkey out of the oven. Only like 80g sodium per 25g too, about 300 per serving but still not bad, 0.5fat, 6 protein and 0 carbs...

briantech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) briantech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) briantech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) briantech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) briantech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) briantech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    beef sucks. even lean beef has a ton of saturated fat.

turkey, chicken, tuna, salmon are much better choices.

gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymgrown is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by briantech
    beef sucks. even lean beef has a ton of saturated fat.
    *sigh*
    Have an open mind about saturated fat. http://www.forum.bodybuilding.com/sh...d.php?t=799093
    Never waste an egg yolk

"Breakfast is the most important meal of the morning." -Homer Simpson

"Here's my theory: The better someone's genetics are, the more of a dumb**** he is." -Alan Aragon

So basically a small amount of saturated is good from what I am understanding. I like a good steak every once in awhile and a nice round cut is always good to me.

I also forgot to mention the ingredients of the noodles. It is Duram semolina flour and fress eggs. Thats all it is. The is no salt, coloring, or preservatives added.

As for Vitamin K, isn't it in the bananas also or is it minute to not even care?

Thanks,
    Patrick

bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Looks good but beef fukkin rules
    Hero worship is unhealthy and cucklike

R. Belmonte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) R. Belmonte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I'm another with the opinion that saturated fat and meat are very healthy and should be part of a normal diet. If you can afford it, I'd suggest buying bulk from a local supplier that raises grass fed cattle, sheep, etc. Check Eat Wild ( http://www.eatwild.com/ ) and LocalHarvest ( http://www.localharvest.org/ ) and see if there are any good farms in your area. The supermarket beef won't kill you, but it's not quite as nutritious

One poster above suggested more fruit and I agree with that. Besides apples and bananas, other common supermarket fruits are oranges, grapes, kiwis, grapefruit, plums, mangoes, pineapple, lemons, and limes. Frozen berries like blueberries, raspberries, cherries, strawberries, blackberries, and cranberries can usually be found. Dried fruit in moderation is also good like prunes, apricots, dates, figs, and raisins.

I'd add a little more veggies to your grocery list. Cabbage, avocadoes, brussel sprouts, onions, olives, garlic, asparagus, celery, carrots, green peas, zucchini, beets, spinach, kale, yams, and those bags of mixed salad greens are some examples.

Peanut butter is okay. Perhaps try almond butter and macadamia butter. Bulk almonds, walnuts, macadamias, hazelnuts, cashews, etc are also great. Some of those nuts are bloody expensive, though!

A few other foods to think about adding to your list:

Dairy (cream, cultured butter, raw cheese, whole milk, plain whole yogurt). If you can get these items from an organic grass fed dairy, all the better.

Extra virgin olive oil. I'm guessing your balsamic vinaigrette has soybean oil instead of olive oil. It's usually better to make your own salad dressings, because soybean oil isn't that healthy.

Extra virgin coconut oil. Great for cooking and snacking.

Felt like updating on this thread because it kind of pertained to everything. I took the advice and got some blackberries since I love them to death. As for the post before this, can I order online? I wasn't sure on the first site recommeneded but it looked like you could on the second site.

I been underway on my diet sticking to my meals above. So far, been a succesful 3 days. My parents tried giving me this cake with bananas and strawberries in it, its called princess cake. I about flipped on them and said you know I am dieting and stuff and you don't need to be showing me that crap. I hate temptations so I flipped. Its my way of avoiding things I don't need! I also went lifting on Monday and did decline bench and amazingly benched 265 on it. I haven't lifted in three years and at that time I maxed out on regular bench at 275. I don't know how my decline would be that high for not lifting in so long!?

Thats my update so far. Thanks all for the help and advice. Much appreciated.