LuckyDay007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LuckyDay007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LuckyDay007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LuckyDay007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LuckyDay007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LuckyDay007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LuckyDay007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LuckyDay007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LuckyDay007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LuckyDay007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LuckyDay007 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Animal Pak users

When do u guys take ur pack/packs

morning, night, pre-workout, post workout

im trying to figure out when the best time to take it would be

CinciBoy23 is just really nice. (+1000) CinciBoy23 is just really nice. (+1000) CinciBoy23 is just really nice. (+1000) CinciBoy23 is just really nice. (+1000) CinciBoy23 is just really nice. (+1000) CinciBoy23 is just really nice. (+1000) CinciBoy23 is just really nice. (+1000) CinciBoy23 is just really nice. (+1000) CinciBoy23 is just really nice. (+1000) CinciBoy23 is just really nice. (+1000) CinciBoy23 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think alot of people take their multivitamin in the morning.
    I ain't straight outta compton, I'm straight out the trailer

cincinnati bengals fan. WHOOOO DEEYYYY

Big B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Once or Twice a day(depending on how big/advanced you are) I usually take mine morning after a meal and at night after my 2nd to last meal(Last meals a casein shake and IMO to light to take a multi on).

ldog101191 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i take my animal pak in the moring, if i forget to take it i will take it after training.

Mr Phillips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I take mine first thing in the morning and about 10mins after my pre-workout meal!

xmdsys is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) xmdsys is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) xmdsys is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) xmdsys is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) xmdsys is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) xmdsys is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) xmdsys is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) xmdsys is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) xmdsys is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) xmdsys is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) xmdsys is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    On my off day I take it about 20 min. after I eat lunch and on my gym days I take it close to 30 min. after my pre-workout meal.

i want to lift elephants Chunk Tiger's Avatar
    Chunk Tiger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chunk Tiger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chunk Tiger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chunk Tiger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chunk Tiger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chunk Tiger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chunk Tiger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chunk Tiger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chunk Tiger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chunk Tiger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chunk Tiger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    When I get to work, which is about an hour after I get back from the gym (when I eat my oats). I eat my protein when I get home from the gym.
    Rippetoe Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1033961

WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Animal Pak contains too much vitamin A. 5000IU per pack is a lot. taking 2 packs a day like some people do can lead to hypervitaminosis A, which is not nice. it can cause osteoporosis. and considering a lot of you supplement with fish oil and eat lots of vitamin-rich foods, you can easily do yourself damage.
    and you don't need 10* the RDA of vitamins. megadoses are completely unnecessary. do you honestly think your body is using all the stuff in the Pak? you need more than the average person, but not that much. try Reflex Nexgen; that contains enough.
    i'd also recommend staying away from NOW ADAM, because it also contains too much vit. A.
    Last edited by WCC; 06-07-2006 at 01:38 PM.

OrdoAbchao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OrdoAbchao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OrdoAbchao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OrdoAbchao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OrdoAbchao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OrdoAbchao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OrdoAbchao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OrdoAbchao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OrdoAbchao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OrdoAbchao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OrdoAbchao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by WCC
    Animal Pak contains too much vitamin A. 5000IU per pack is a lot. taking 2 packs a day like some people do can lead to hypervitaminosis A, which is not nice. it can cause osteoporosis. and considering a lot of you supplement with fish oil and eat lots of vitamin-rich foods, you can easily do yourself damage.
    and you don't need 10* the RDA of vitamins. megadoses are completely unnecessary. do you honestly think your body is using all the stuff in the Pak? you need more than the average person, but not that much. try Reflex Nexgen; that contains enough.
    i'd also recommend staying away from NOW ADAM, because it also contains too much vit. A.
    Your body doesn't absorb all of the vitamins. Anyways, I take it 30 mins after the my pre-work out meal as it says on the instructions.

nrellas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nrellas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nrellas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nrellas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nrellas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nrellas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nrellas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nrellas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nrellas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nrellas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nrellas has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by OrdoAbchao
    Your body doesn't absorb all of the vitamins. Anyways, I take it 30 mins after the my pre-work out meal as it says on the instructions.

You just proved his point, saying that if you dont absorb all of them why take more then you need?
    Max Bench-2 F-18's (Need to retest)
    Max Squat-1.25 story home(Need to retest cause of injury havnt squated)
    Max Dead-18 Wheeler (Need to retest, its been a while)
    Max Curl- Hell of a lot more then Ronnie (But i need to retest)

Ill update these when I "retest them"

...Cause you all care so much about my "Online Stats"

OrdoAbchao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OrdoAbchao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OrdoAbchao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OrdoAbchao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OrdoAbchao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OrdoAbchao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OrdoAbchao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OrdoAbchao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OrdoAbchao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OrdoAbchao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OrdoAbchao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by nrellas
    You just proved his point, saying that if you dont absorb all of them why take more then you need?
    Sorry, I worded it wrong. There is no multi out their that is 100% absorbable. Meaning, you are not truly getting 5000% of the daily value.

WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WCC has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by OrdoAbchao
    Sorry, I worded it wrong. There is no multi out their that is 100% absorbable. Meaning, you are not truly getting 5000% of the daily value.
    yeah, not all of it gets absorbed. that's why your piss goes bright yellow when you take any multi.
    but taking in too much vitamin A is very dangerous. you can't just take in 10 times the RDA and then say 'it's OK; my body won't absorb it all'. arctic explorers have died from eating polar bear liver; they had no food on them, so they killed a polar bear and ate its liver. they died from vitamin A poisoning.
    you're not going to die from taking 2 packs of Animal Pak daily, but it's definately not advisable. i read once that taking 9900IU of vit A can really increase your chances of developing bone problems.
    even 5000IU, the amount you get from 1 pack, is a lot. they've reduced the RDA for vitamin A to 3000IU now.
    Vitamin A is one vitamin you should be careful with. you can consume lots of B, C and D vitamins - the chances of overdosing on these are very slim, especially vitamin D. i don't think there have been any cases of illness caused by hypervitaminosis D. i'm not sure about vitamin E, but i don't think it's that dangerous to go higher than recommended.
    i've also seen lots of people on here claiming to take 6g of fish oil daily, on top of their multivitamin. fish oil contains a lot of vitamin A, especially if it's from the liver. i take 550mg cod liver oil daily, and it contains 100% RDA of vitamin A. those of you who also take an antioxidant should be careful.

LuckyDay007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LuckyDay007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LuckyDay007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LuckyDay007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LuckyDay007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LuckyDay007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LuckyDay007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LuckyDay007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LuckyDay007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LuckyDay007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LuckyDay007 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    people have been taking animal pak for years and year and years...forever
    if it was really that bad wouldn't there be a recall or something i can't even find any reported instances where animal pak hurt someones health, even though you make a fine point i think ur pushing it a lil

but feel free to show me something to prove me wrong

Originally Posted by LuckyDay007
    people have been taking animal pak for years and year and years...forever
    if it was really that bad wouldn't there be a recall or something i can't even find any reported instances where animal pak hurt someones health, even though you make a fine point i think ur pushing it a lil

but feel free to show me something to prove me wrong
    here's an article on hypervitaminosis A:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypervitaminosis_A
    9335IU for a 14-18 y/o and 10,000IU for a 19+ y/o are the 'Daily Tolerable Upper Levels'; this means you shouldn't go over this much.
    a serving of Animal Pak is 2 paks, according to supp websites. this gives you 9900IU.
    http://altmedicine.about.com/cs/govt...aminAToxic.htm
    ^^according to this article, studies had been done which showed that women who consumed 9900IU daily were 48% more likely to sustain a hip fracture than women who consumed less than 4125IU daily.

1 pack will contain around 5000IU. cod liver oil and other fish oils also contain a lot of vitamin A. we eat a lot of food containing vit A; don't forget that we eat a lot more than the average person, and probably more clean and healthy too. people on this forum eat a lot of vitamin rich foods.

i'd personally stay away from Animal Pak. NOW ADAM is better. it contains 10,000IU of vitamin A, but this is in the form of beta carotene, which is a precursor to vit A. precursors are not associated with hypervitaminosis A; overdosing on a pro-vitamin A is very unlikely, because your body will only convert what it needs and throw away the rest. hypervitaminosis is associated with retinol, not precursors to it.

it's not just the short term effect you should worry about - overdosing on vitamin A daily at a yound age will increase your chances of developing osteoporosis and other bone conditions when you're older.
    this seems the case with many supplements - people take something, notice no immediate sides, and think it's safe. this happens a lot with teen steroid and PH users.

it might be a good idea to calculate approximately your daily vitamin A intake.

JustinMarquez is not very helpful. (-500) JustinMarquez is not very helpful. (-500) JustinMarquez is not very helpful. (-500) JustinMarquez is not very helpful. (-500) JustinMarquez is not very helpful. (-500) JustinMarquez is not very helpful. (-500) JustinMarquez is not very helpful. (-500) JustinMarquez is not very helpful. (-500) JustinMarquez is not very helpful. (-500) JustinMarquez is not very helpful. (-500) JustinMarquez is not very helpful. (-500)
    30 minutes after my pre-workout meal, right before I hit the gym. I like to pretend they will make me extra strong in the gym. Doing it that way has a psychological effect on me and makes me think I can lift more weight.

i think you should take a multivitamin after a workout. this is the most important time to take it. same with a fast absorbing protein. whey post workout is more important than pre workout. same with vitamins. your muscles need an immediate source of food to start repair.

bodybuilder_22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodybuilder_22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodybuilder_22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodybuilder_22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodybuilder_22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodybuilder_22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodybuilder_22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodybuilder_22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodybuilder_22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodybuilder_22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bodybuilder_22 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i take the M Stak before my workout, regular Pak after my workout.

webbdman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) webbdman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    have to say i take them in the morning as they make me feel a lil sick but thats mainly due to the size of the tablets i take and the fact im not great at swallowing. wouldnt want to take them before or after a session in fear of being more sick than usual.
    Train hard , train smart. Eat hard , eat smart.

Bubblecum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

i Take mine in the morning with my breakfast. I know it says 30 min. after meal on the can, but on their homepage the often recommend it being taken with och directly after a meal. Also this is what you do with most other vits. so I do so.

And also worth mentioning, since there was a discussion about A vitamin. 66% of the A-vits in the Pak are as beta carotene. So risk of overdose is probably quite small.

Registered User The Brotherhood's Avatar
    The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I Used to/ am still taking Animal Pak in the mornings after my pre-w/o meal, but this is my last tin, im shifting to AST Multi-Pro, and going to save me a huge bunch of money, imo the pak is good if theyre sponsoring you your getting it free or your a richass person, but for a tiny *possible* boost over other multivits id rather save my money and buy AST Multi Pro.

3 months supply AST = 15$

3 months suppl Animal Pak = Approx 80-100$
    Miscer

jstone28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jstone28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jstone28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jstone28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jstone28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jstone28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation

Originally Posted by LuckyDay007
    When do u guys take ur pack/packs

morning, night, pre-workout, post workout

im trying to figure out when the best time to take it would be
    I take my pak post workout cause i train first thing in the morning....i take it with my post workout whole meal.

Abers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Abers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Abers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i usually take my multis in the morning but its also beneficial to take it after a workout

Abers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Abers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Abers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i usually take my multis in the morning but its also beneficial to take it after a workout

pimpgoose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pimpgoose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pimpgoose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pimpgoose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pimpgoose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pimpgoose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pimpgoose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pimpgoose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pimpgoose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pimpgoose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pimpgoose has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i normally take one animal pak in the morning and one right after a workout
    "There are no home runs and touchdowns in our world. What I can promise you is pain, struggle, rage and true beauty."

Jon0415 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jon0415 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jon0415 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jon0415 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jon0415 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jon0415 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jon0415 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jon0415 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jon0415 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jon0415 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jon0415 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i take my animal pak after breakfast. Usually somewhere along with my protein shake pre-workout

jeffharding will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeffharding will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeffharding will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeffharding will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeffharding will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeffharding will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeffharding will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeffharding will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeffharding will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeffharding will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeffharding will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If one pak a day, then with your preworkout meal. If 2 then one with breakfast and one with preworkout meal (depending on when you workout).
    The Mind-Muscle Connection

www.Mind-Muscle.com

Your Transformation Starts Here

bodydynamics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodydynamics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodydynamics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodydynamics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodydynamics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodydynamics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodydynamics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodydynamics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodydynamics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodydynamics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodydynamics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i take animal pak until i feel less full after eating breakfast, because i train in the morning. on my off days i just take a GNC multi that is enhanced w/ amino acids. animal pak makes me piss almost a neon yellow color, does it do this to anyone else?

SWIFT. SILENT. DEADLY. FORCE RECON's Avatar
    FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FORCE RECON has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Talking try taking all 11 @ the same time!

Hahaha......i tried taking all 11 in one swallow two days ago......lol.....i was bored, and one of my friends was over, and i was like "hey man, i've never tried taking all 11 at one time before"........it took me two swallows.......i failed.......anyways i usually take mine 20-30 minutes after breakfast, which is my pre-workout meal........love this multi.
    United States Marine Corps: RECON

It's God's job to forgive Bin Laden. It's our job to arrange the meeting.

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

the big al has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) the big al has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) the big al has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) the big al has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) the big al has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) the big al has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) the big al has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) the big al has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) the big al has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) the big al has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) the big al has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    take it when u wake up and after training

the big al has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) the big al has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) the big al has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) the big al has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) the big al has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) the big al has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) the big al has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) the big al has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) the big al has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) the big al has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) the big al has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by bodydynamics
    i take animal pak until i feel less full after eating breakfast, because i train in the morning. on my off days i just take a GNC multi that is enhanced w/ amino acids. animal pak makes me piss almost a neon yellow color, does it do this to anyone else?
    it does that to everybody cause of the overload of b vitamins in it