Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    stefanh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by NaturaLPumP
    Im gonna guess you never tried posing on stage depleted and dehydrated. Everyone just seems to think you stand on stage and flex your arms, maybe beat on your chest a little bit. Well youve got a 1000 things going through your head when your up there. And as far as a ' real sport ' requiring natural ability and stamina, for f**k sake just go to an amauter body building event and you will see all kinds of different skill levels.

I never said that bodybuilders definitivelys should NOT be wieved as athletes, but there should, again in my opinion, be more factors than muscularity, carb depleting and dehydration. personally I don't think that bb'ers are more athletic than NBA, nfl and Nhl players for instance, because of the fact that they have a lot more than just muscularity. If muscle is the only criteria for being an athlete, then markus ruhl is the bigest athlete in the world, does that seem right ?

tehhaxorr will become famous soon enough. (+50) tehhaxorr will become famous soon enough. (+50) tehhaxorr will become famous soon enough. (+50) tehhaxorr will become famous soon enough. (+50) tehhaxorr will become famous soon enough. (+50) tehhaxorr will become famous soon enough. (+50) tehhaxorr will become famous soon enough. (+50) tehhaxorr will become famous soon enough. (+50) tehhaxorr will become famous soon enough. (+50) tehhaxorr will become famous soon enough. (+50) tehhaxorr will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SolarPanelThrower
    When you think about this stuff, why can't you just do what regular people do, like go to dictionary.com, look up the word athlete, and have your answer in less than 10 seconds ?
    Give this man a medal, he has the picture.

mcdelio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcdelio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcdelio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcdelio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcdelio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcdelio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcdelio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcdelio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcdelio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcdelio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcdelio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    athlete
    One entry found for athlete.

Main Entry: ath·lete
    Pronunciation: 'ath-"lEt, ÷'a-th&-"lEt
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Middle English, from Latin athleta, from Greek athlEtEs, from athlein to contend for a prize, from athlon prize, contest
    : a person who is trained or skilled in exercises, sports, or games requiring physical strength, agility, or stamina

Now I am not saying that bodybuilders are animals or even classified as close, but what I heard on the news this week really set me off. They were talking about the horse races and they actually stated that most of the animals (horses) were top atheletes. and they should be treated that way ??
    Yeah Right !

You train an animal to do what you want it to do. whether it's a horse , monkey or rat, etc.

mcdelio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcdelio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcdelio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcdelio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcdelio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcdelio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcdelio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcdelio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcdelio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcdelio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mcdelio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sorry I got side tracked. I think we are atheletes (my opinion though)

suineg_g has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) suineg_g has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) suineg_g has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) suineg_g has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) suineg_g has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) suineg_g has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) suineg_g has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) suineg_g has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) suineg_g has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) suineg_g has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) suineg_g has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I can't believe this is even a question. I have been an athlete all my life. I've had national and international records in the 4x100 and triple jump, I was a 10 teen's 100m sprinter in high school. I've been member of the National swim teamand badminton teakwon do...........anyways i say that to say this.

All the sports that ive been involved in over the years none has taken the kind of dedication and attention to detail like bodybuilding does. I'm going for my pro card in 6 days and ive never had the intensity and focus that i have had to maintain now in any other sport. So I do consider competitive bodybuilders athletes and very dedicated ones at that.

Registered User italionstallion's Avatar
    italionstallion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italionstallion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italionstallion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italionstallion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italionstallion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italionstallion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italionstallion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italionstallion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italionstallion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italionstallion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italionstallion is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I definitely think bodybuilders are athletes.

But, IMO, the tougher question to answer is, is bodybuilding a sport?
    M.O.B.

Eat, Drink and be Merry.. jayvee's Avatar
    jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i believe any person who has to engage in intense physical exercises to get them to a state of performing and competing against others in competition is an athlete.

Eat, Drink and be Merry.. jayvee's Avatar
    jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by stefanh
    My personal opinion is this : The definition of an athlete should contain they're physical shape, muscle mass too of course, BUT also they're ability to run, do vertical jumps and stamina. Kobe Bryant for example is not even near Dexter Jackson in terms of muscularity, but I guarantee you he has better stamina, runs faster, jumps higher. Shouldn't that be taken in to consideration ?
    this makes little sense. kobe isnt near dexter in muscularity, and dexter isnt near kobe in terms of stamina, running and jumping. fine. but why the heck do you think they are doing the sports they are then? its all about maximising thier genetic potential for the sport or activity they are doing. why would dexter need those things? why would kobe need dexters muscularity? i garuntee tiger woods has better hand eye coordination than either. you see what im getting at? athhletes can be considered as such due to a variety of factors which enable them to compete in thier specific sport or activity.

tightheadprop will become famous soon enough. (+50) tightheadprop will become famous soon enough. (+50) tightheadprop will become famous soon enough. (+50) tightheadprop will become famous soon enough. (+50) tightheadprop will become famous soon enough. (+50) tightheadprop will become famous soon enough. (+50) tightheadprop will become famous soon enough. (+50) tightheadprop will become famous soon enough. (+50) tightheadprop will become famous soon enough. (+50) tightheadprop will become famous soon enough. (+50) tightheadprop will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    BB's are not athletes, period.
    http://www.lirugby.com

Atheism (n): What makes sense.

Deleted1147 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deleted1147 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deleted1147 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deleted1147 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deleted1147 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deleted1147 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deleted1147 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deleted1147 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deleted1147 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deleted1147 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deleted1147 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Everyone's saying, oh, it's incredibly hard, it's the lifestyle, if you competed, you would know....etc

Well no offense, that's good and dandy, but none of that stuff has anything to do with the definition of an athlete. It doesn't matter how hard it is to do it. It's hard to paint the Mona Lisa, is Da Vinci an athlete? Is a nutritionist an athlete because he follows a diet?

Don't get me wrong, what everyone is saying is perfectly correct, it is damn near one of the hardest and most competitive sports in the world, and requires lifestyle like dedication. HOWEVER, none of those things have absolutely anything to do with being an "athlete". My point being, a person who eats McDonald's all day, doesn't go to the gym, but can run a 4.1 40, bench 350 lbs., and can run a 5 minute mile is much more of an athlete than someone who trains hard, adheres to a strict diet, and has all the dedication in the world but can't bend over to tie his own shoes.
    Last edited by xjmox14x; 05-28-2006 at 06:39 PM.

NaturalForLife is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaturalForLife is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaturalForLife is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaturalForLife is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaturalForLife is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaturalForLife is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaturalForLife is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaturalForLife is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaturalForLife is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaturalForLife is on a distinguished road. (+10) NaturalForLife is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Bodybuilders are competitors, not athletes. Bodybuilding is not a sport, it's a competition. Bodybuilders have as much dedication in their endeavors as athletes in baseball, football, basketball, track, etc., but competitions are purely subjective (meaning there is no standard for judging a winner which is invariable, like you have in football, baseball, basketball, etc), which renders bodybuilding as nothing more than a buffed up beauty pageant.

Now, there's nothing wrong with that at all, it's just the way it is.

tehhaxorr will become famous soon enough. (+50) tehhaxorr will become famous soon enough. (+50) tehhaxorr will become famous soon enough. (+50) tehhaxorr will become famous soon enough. (+50) tehhaxorr will become famous soon enough. (+50) tehhaxorr will become famous soon enough. (+50) tehhaxorr will become famous soon enough. (+50) tehhaxorr will become famous soon enough. (+50) tehhaxorr will become famous soon enough. (+50) tehhaxorr will become famous soon enough. (+50) tehhaxorr will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    An athlete has to be a person.

Greek God has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Greek God has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Greek God has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Greek God has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Greek God has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Greek God has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Greek God has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Greek God has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Greek God has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Greek God has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Greek God has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by suineg_g
    I can't believe this is even a question. I have been an athlete all my life. I've had national and international records in the 4x100 and triple jump, I was a 10 teen's 100m sprinter in high school. I've been member of the National swim teamand badminton teakwon do...........anyways i say that to say this.

All the sports that ive been involved in over the years none has taken the kind of dedication and attention to detail like bodybuilding does. I'm going for my pro card in 6 days and ive never had the intensity and focus that i have had to maintain now in any other sport. So I do consider competitive bodybuilders athletes and very dedicated ones at that.
    Nice fing post
    Started:
    Height-5'.9 1/2"
    Weight-165
    Body fat%-16

Forum Register:
    Height-5'.9 1/2"
    Weight-182
    Bodyfat %-11

Currently:
    Height:Same
    Weight:189
    Bodyfat%:Same

Arnold is the Man

the terminator is not very helpful. (-500) the terminator is not very helpful. (-500) the terminator is not very helpful. (-500) the terminator is not very helpful. (-500) the terminator is not very helpful. (-500) the terminator is not very helpful. (-500) the terminator is not very helpful. (-500) the terminator is not very helpful. (-500) the terminator is not very helpful. (-500) the terminator is not very helpful. (-500) the terminator is not very helpful. (-500)

Smile

theres also a difference to what type of bodybuilder you are,a natural or ifbb guy,for instance all this talk about not being able to run may apply to certain ifbb guys,but most likely a natural bber will be in top shape and can run a mile with ease.
    but every bodybuilder is an athlete,like i said when they do there CARDIO and WEIGHT TRAINING.
    i dont think the contest part is a sport,but i have only competed in smaller bodybuilding competitions.
    so ya i might change my opinion about that if i am lucky and good enough to compete someday in larger bodybuilding competitions with elite bodybuilders<best in the world>.

Clark Lambert has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clark Lambert has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clark Lambert has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clark Lambert has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clark Lambert has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clark Lambert has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clark Lambert has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clark Lambert has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clark Lambert has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clark Lambert has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clark Lambert has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bodybuilders are all athletes. I have no problem with them being called that because it takes massive amounts of athletisism to reach that level of professional competition.
    If you lift 10 pound weights and power walk everyday your doing something athletic... your not a complete athlete or professional... but it's on the right track.
    But Is Bodybuilding a sport?
    Hmmmm... thats much more subjective.
    The womens fitness competition is definately a sport... but as for standing onstage flexing and being judged based on the way you look... hmmm... thats a fine line. I tend to say no.
    It really isn't any different than a beauty pageant... in fact I'd say the Ms. universe pageant qualifies as a sport if the Mr. Olympia does.
    Even if you take the posing round and consider it "sport" then the winner of the posing round should be the ourtright winner solely based on it being the only athletic part of a competition.
    Just because these guys stand around and flex in compulsery poses and can reach levels of exhaustion does not mean they are competing on even playing feilds or doing anything athletic. if that was the case... we could take any human being on earth.. hell, even children... plop them on a stage and tell them to flex and pose and call them athletes.
    if flexing is a sport, than jerking off in the morning makes me an athlete too... and if any of you can do it in under a minute then we have a true competition because I can chuff one out in less than 60 secs.

Clark Lambert has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clark Lambert has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clark Lambert has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clark Lambert has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clark Lambert has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clark Lambert has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clark Lambert has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clark Lambert has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clark Lambert has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clark Lambert has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clark Lambert has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by stefanh
    My personal opinion is this : The definition of an athlete should contain they're physical shape, muscle mass too of course, BUT also they're ability to run, do vertical jumps and stamina. Kobe Bryant for example is not even near Dexter Jackson in terms of muscularity, but I guarantee you he has better stamina, runs faster, jumps higher. Shouldn't that be taken in to consideration ?
    No... your statement is absurd.
    Terry Fox could not run. He hobbled on one leg across Canada.. doing a Marathon every single day for 8 months. He couldn't run, sprint, jump or leap... and he was a greater athlete than most humans could dream of being.
    Sit down and watch the Par-olympic games and tell me the people with disabilities are not athletes.
    by your reasoning any person in a wheelchair cannot be an athlete.
    Lets see you sit in a wheelchair and sprint the way athletic racers do.
    Are Archers not athletes?
    Are they not in the Olympics?
    Rowers don't jump or run and yet rowing is measured as the single most physically demanding athletic sport any human can undertake.
    Chess players need an amazing amount of stamina.. so do people who make their profesion as "living statues"... gues they are athletes huh?

I have stamina when I fhuck my girlfriend... sometimes we even jump, run, sprint and leap while doing it... guess I'm an athlete.
    Last edited by Clark Lambert; 05-29-2006 at 12:33 AM.

Deleted1147 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deleted1147 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deleted1147 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deleted1147 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deleted1147 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deleted1147 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deleted1147 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deleted1147 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deleted1147 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deleted1147 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Deleted1147 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Clark Lambert
    Bodybuilders are all athletes. I have no problem with them being called that because it takes massive amounts of athletisism to reach that level of professional competition.
    If you lift 10 pound weights and power walk everyday your doing something athletic... your not a complete athlete or professional... but it's on the right track.
    But Is Bodybuilding a sport?
    Hmmmm... thats much more subjective.
    The womens fitness competition is definately a sport... but as for standing onstage flexing and being judged based on the way you look... hmmm... thats a fine line. I tend to say no.
    It really isn't any different than a beauty pageant... in fact I'd say the Ms. universe pageant qualifies as a sport if the Mr. Olympia does.
    Even if you take the posing round and consider it "sport" then the winner of the posing round should be the ourtright winner solely based on it being the only athletic part of a competition.
    Just because these guys stand around and flex in compulsery poses and can reach levels of exhaustion does not mean they are competing on even playing feilds or doing anything athletic. if that was the case... we could take any human being on earth.. hell, even children... plop them on a stage and tell them to flex and pose and call them athletes.
    if flexing is a sport, than jerking off in the morning makes me an athlete too... and if any of you can do it in under a minute then we have a true competition because I can chuff one out in less than 60 secs.
    There's a major difference between someone who is somewhat athletic, and a true athlete

Originally Posted by Clark Lambert
    No... your statement is absurd.
    Terry Fox could not run. He hobbled on one leg across Canada.. doing a Marathon every single day for 8 months. He couldn't run, sprint, jump or leap... and he was a greater athlete than most humans could dream of being.
    Sit down and watch the Par-olympic games and tell me the people with disabilities are not athletes.
    by your reasoning any person in a wheelchair cannot be an athlete.
    Lets see you sit in a wheelchair and sprint the way athletic racers do.
    Are Archers not athletes?
    Are they not in the Olympics?
    Rowers don't jump or run and yet rowing is measured as the single most physically demanding athletic sport any human can undertake.
    Chess players need an amazing amount of stamina.. so do people who make their profesion as "living statues"... gues they are athletes huh?

I have stamina when I fhuck my girlfriend... sometimes we even jump, run, sprint and leap while doing it... guess I'm an athlete.
    I'm sure you're a sexual beast, however, I never stated that bb'ers are not athletes, but this question, no matter how many arguments for you can always find arguments against it, because where are you gonna find specific criterias for what an athlete is, I guess people will have to decide for themselves. And yes of course par-olympics competitors are amazing athletes, moreso than probably any other.

Originally Posted by jayvee
    this makes little sense. kobe isnt near dexter in muscularity, and dexter isnt near kobe in terms of stamina, running and jumping. fine. but why the heck do you think they are doing the sports they are then? its all about maximising thier genetic potential for the sport or activity they are doing. why would dexter need those things? why would kobe need dexters muscularity? i garuntee tiger woods has better hand eye coordination than either. you see what im getting at? athhletes can be considered as such due to a variety of factors which enable them to compete in thier specific sport or activity.
    Yeah you're right, I admit being wrong.

This is the same thing as determine what's considered a "sport" and what is not. Some people say that golf is not, because of limited physical drain, in lack for a better word, some say it is because of the mental awareness that you must have, so in conclusion, when I reflect on my previous posts, I guess I'll have to admit that I don't know for sure, because no matter how many reasons you can find for not calling bb'ers athletes, you could probably find just as many reasons to call them athletes.

JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JNo20 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Semantics. Who honestly cares and why does it honestly matter. Whether or not bodybuilding is or isn't a sport isn't going to affect me or the way I train one way or the other.
    Meet PRs @220
    Squat: 675, (8-22-2008)
    Bench: 455, (8-22-2008)
    Deadlift: 611, (3-29-2008)
    Total: 1735, (8-22-2008)

pgb2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pgb2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pgb2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pgb2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pgb2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pgb2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pgb2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pgb2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pgb2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pgb2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pgb2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I think this debatable question would be in the top ten on the agenda of the Couch Potatos of America Society meeting.
    Last edited by pgb2006; 05-31-2006 at 10:03 AM.

HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Pro Bob Chick
    It never ceases to amaze me why this question is important to anyone...but, It comes up every 3 days or so....

You'll also see a very clear cut line...those who have "TALKED THE TALKED"(competed) absolutely think it's a sport and that BBers are athletes...

Those who have never "WALKED THE WALK"...look at it as a mere "beauty contest" etc. and downgrade it, passing it off as just a competition without athletic merit...

coincidence?

definitly agree with bob........i think that bodybuilders are without question athletes but also to a certain degree Showmen. more so then other sports especially with todays style with the likes of melvin anthony or king kamali and such. not that it really matters.
    although i think you can say that a truly good bodybuilder pretty much needs power and strength, to build muscle....and other stuff such as extreme muscular coordination and control, as in holding a pose correctly and displaying your body to the best possible presentation.
    Last edited by HomerJ.Simpson; 05-31-2006 at 10:14 AM.

_Bladen_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Bladen_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Bladen_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Bladen_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Bladen_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Bladen_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Bladen_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Bladen_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Bladen_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Bladen_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Bladen_ is just really nice. (+1000)
    Bodybuilders are the single hardest working athlete in the world period. We don't have a true off season sure our meals get bigger and the weights go up and size comes on but we are always pushing ourselves physically.

Taking Care of Business ChuckBird's Avatar
    ChuckBird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckBird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckBird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckBird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckBird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckBird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckBird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckBird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckBird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckBird has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckBird has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Angry

I think a lot of people in this thread think unless some sort of ball isn't involved then it's not a sport. Be it baseBALL, footBALL, or basketBALL.

I've been there or stage posing for the judges for 30 minutes straight because they just can't decide. So we would have to through the poses over and over again. You sweat buckets under those lights. You're dehydrated and cramping up, feeling like your going to puke. And believe it or not it's all worth it when the COMPETITION is over and you get the trophy. We are athletes and deserve the respect of any other SPORT.

So if you guys think you have to play with balls to make it a sport, why don't you go play with your own.

BODYBUILDER889 is just really nice. (+1000) BODYBUILDER889 is just really nice. (+1000) BODYBUILDER889 is just really nice. (+1000) BODYBUILDER889 is just really nice. (+1000) BODYBUILDER889 is just really nice. (+1000) BODYBUILDER889 is just really nice. (+1000) BODYBUILDER889 is just really nice. (+1000) BODYBUILDER889 is just really nice. (+1000) BODYBUILDER889 is just really nice. (+1000) BODYBUILDER889 is just really nice. (+1000) BODYBUILDER889 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ChuckBird
    I think a lot of people in this thread think unless some sort of ball isn't involved then it's not a sport. Be it baseBALL, footBALL, or basketBALL.

I've been there or stage posing for the judges for 30 minutes straight because they just can't decide. So we would have to through the poses over and over again. You sweat buckets under those lights. You're dehydrated and cramping up, feeling like your going to puke. And believe it or not it's all worth it when the COMPETITION is over and you get the trophy. We are athletes and deserve the respect of any other SPORT.

So if you guys think you have to play with balls to make it a sport, why don't you go play with your own.
    BUMP!

Unregistered User NoNameNecessary's Avatar
    NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Bodybuilders are athletes. The dedication and time this "sport" requires is far greater than any sport. Although being on stage is no more than a beauty pageant, the work that goes into those moments is what makes bodybuilders athletes.

Perhaps you could look at many pros and claim that they are not athletes. To an extent, I would agree. Many use performance enhancing supplements (not referring to creatine) and simply have great genetics (although they still work hard). The bodybuilders you do not see in the magazines, i.e. Layne Norton, are the ones who are the athletes...the ones that put everything into bodybuilding, not just half-ass it and hope the drugs/genetics do it for them.

However, regardless of whether or not you agree with my stance, you cannot deny that bodybuilding takes more dedication than any other sport/competition.
    Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails.
    -Proverbs 19:21

Anji will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anji will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anji will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anji will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anji will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anji will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anji will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anji will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anji will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anji will become famous soon enough. (+50) Anji will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    …maybe the only 24/7 athletes in the f*cking Universe

FaceTheFacts will become famous soon enough. (+50) FaceTheFacts will become famous soon enough. (+50) FaceTheFacts will become famous soon enough. (+50) FaceTheFacts will become famous soon enough. (+50) FaceTheFacts will become famous soon enough. (+50) FaceTheFacts will become famous soon enough. (+50) FaceTheFacts will become famous soon enough. (+50) FaceTheFacts will become famous soon enough. (+50) FaceTheFacts will become famous soon enough. (+50) FaceTheFacts will become famous soon enough. (+50) FaceTheFacts will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Define athlete, could they run 2 miles non stop I think not.

Insane01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Insane01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Insane01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Insane01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Insane01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Insane01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Insane01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Insane01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Insane01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Insane01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Insane01 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by _Bladen_
    Bodybuilders are the single hardest working athlete in the world period. We don't have a true off season sure our meals get bigger and the weights go up and size comes on but we are always pushing ourselves physically.
    I don't know bro! A true MMA fighter trains like crazy. Unfortunatley I am involved in both and feel like I am falling apart.
    "I just can't get over putting anything in my ass"

Semper Fi