Phokus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Phokus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Phokus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Phokus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Phokus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Phokus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Phokus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Phokus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Phokus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Phokus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Phokus will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Anyone know how much fat george foreman grills cut out of meat?

I have a grill very similar to the george foreman grill. I buy ground beef (12% fat or less) in bulk from costco and use it to make burgers all the time. After i'm done cooking (5 minutes), there's quite a bit of liquid in the 'fat catching tray', but i don't know how much is fat, and how much is water/juice. Does anyone know how effective these grills are at cutting the fat out?

Skyles is a complete loser! (-2000) Skyles is a complete loser! (-2000) Skyles is a complete loser! (-2000) Skyles is a complete loser! (-2000) Skyles is a complete loser! (-2000) Skyles is a complete loser! (-2000) Skyles is a complete loser! (-2000) Skyles is a complete loser! (-2000) Skyles is a complete loser! (-2000) Skyles is a complete loser! (-2000) Skyles is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Hi,

Here's a quote from an intersting article that I found:

" Foreman claims his method cuts the fat, but researchers at the Good Housekeeping Institute compared the fat in a hamburger cooked on a Foreman Grill to hamburgers cooked on a broiler and a skillet. The results? No significant difference in fat amounts. Most of the drippings are simply meat juice and water.

When done, the Foreman hamburgers did look appealing, but did they taste better than the others? Three Natick firemen served as taste experts. One thought they tasted the same, and the other two preferred the gas-grilled burgers.

Though George Foreman sells his grill as a healthy alternative, we couldn't find any real evidence of that. And when we talked to George Foreman's people, they admitted that they make no specific claims about fat reduction. "

I hope this helps clear that Geroge Foreman Myth, by the way
    I have one too.

:-)

mr_moto_civic is a name known to all. (+5000) mr_moto_civic is a name known to all. (+5000) mr_moto_civic is a name known to all. (+5000) mr_moto_civic is a name known to all. (+5000) mr_moto_civic is a name known to all. (+5000) mr_moto_civic is a name known to all. (+5000) mr_moto_civic is a name known to all. (+5000) mr_moto_civic is a name known to all. (+5000) mr_moto_civic is a name known to all. (+5000) mr_moto_civic is a name known to all. (+5000) mr_moto_civic is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm not so sure that most of the droppings are meat juice and water. When I'm finished cooking on my Foreman Grill, I pour the drip tray contents into an empty soup can. After a few hours the gunk solidifies and turns white... that tells me it's friggin' grease.

dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    no doubt that there is some grease that will come out. However, don't forget, that you have to put on an oil or something to make sure it doesn't stick
    USPlabs Representative. Alpha Manlet.

Deadlift: 525 lbs at 164 lb body weight. No straps. 3.2 x bw.
    Squat: 260 lbs x 15 reps to parallel at 164 body weight. No belt. No wraps.
    Dumbbell Bench Press: 100 lb dumbbells x 14 reps at 164 lb body weight.

Mbaboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mbaboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    No, I put them on all the time without anything for non-sticking. I do agree though that its no less fat than grilling it. But it is A LOT more convenient.

Eman9998 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eman9998 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eman9998 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eman9998 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eman9998 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eman9998 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eman9998 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eman9998 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eman9998 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eman9998 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eman9998 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I would stick to grilling on the BBQ. put some wood chips in the pan of the grill and you have a nice smoked flavoured burger, or what ever you cook..

i love lobster on the grill.....

darn now im hungery

Registered User The Brotherhood's Avatar
    The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Some fat IS lost, but this isnt unique to the george foreman design or their stupid "claims".

the juice WILL have some fat, a couple of grams at most, and if the juice is removed, some fat will leave too, but not enough to warrant much of a fat reduction.
    Miscer

mudzereli has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mudzereli has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mudzereli has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mudzereli has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mudzereli has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mudzereli has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mudzereli has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mudzereli has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mudzereli has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mudzereli has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mudzereli has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    the foreman still rocks because you can cook chicken breasts in 7 minutes