T h E o R e M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T h E o R e M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T h E o R e M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T h E o R e M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T h E o R e M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T h E o R e M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T h E o R e M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T h E o R e M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T h E o R e M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T h E o R e M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T h E o R e M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

***Is Caffeine GOOD or BAD?***

the reason i ask is im currently cutting and goin to start using thermal rage but upon doin some internet research i found that it can had some bad effects as well...although this is just one site that listed these effects i found other ones from BB.com. Thermals dosing is 250mg up to 2 times per day, which is pretty high...nothing over 200mg per day is usually recommended. due to its stress and cortisol raising issues. im just trying to figure out whether this is something to avoid even if its only for a non long term cutting cycle.
    of course most of these sources are some what biased against caffiene, so id like to see what you guys think.

comments appreciated

Caffeine and Your Body

If you need additional motivation, keep in mind the following health problems that can be exacerbated by caffeine.

* Cardiovascular Problems: Caffeine increases your heart rate, elevates your blood pressure, and can contribute to the development of heart disease. Both decaf and regular coffee increase your cholesterol and homocysteine, the biochemical that science has linked to increased risk for heart attack. Caffeine is also linked to coronary vasospasms, the cause for 20% of all fatal heart attacks which kill otherwise perfectly healthy people.
    * Stress: Caffeine stimulates the excretion of stress hormones which can produce increased levels of anxiety, irritability, muscular tension and pain, indigestion, insomnia, and decreased immunity. Increased levels of stress from caffeine can keep you from being able to make healthy responses to the normal daily stress everyone is subjected to in their lives.
    * Blood Sugar Swings: Diabetics and hypoglycemics should avoid caffeine because it stimulates a temporary surge in blood sugar which is then followed by an overproduction of insulin that causes a blood sugar crash within hours. If you're trying to loose weight, this rollercoaster will actually cause weight gain since insulin's message to the body is to store excess sugar as fat and the appetite becomes increased once the blood sugar is low.
    * Gastrointestinal Problems: Many people experience a burning sensation in their stomach after drinking coffee because coffee increases the secretion of hydrochloric acid leading to an increased risk for ulcers. Coffee, including decaf, reduces the pressure on the valve between the eso****us and the stomach so that the highly acidic contents of the stomach pass up to the eso****us leading to heartburn and gastro-eso****eal reflux disease. With our culture's high consumption of coffee, its no wonder the best selling over-the-counter drugs are the so-called antacids.
    * Nutritional Deficiencies: Caffeine inhibits the absorption of some nutrients and causes the urinary excretion of calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron and trace minerals, all essential elements necessary for good health.
    * Male Health Problems: Dr. Milton Krisiloff, M.D. has found that in the majority of cases, men can significantly reduce their risk for urinary and prostate problems by making dietary changes that include eliminating coffee and caffeine.
    * Female Health Problems: Fibrocystic breast disease, PMS, osteoporosis, infertility problems, miscarriage, low birth weight infants, and menopausal problems such as hot flashes are all exacerbated by caffeine consumption. Women on birth control pills are particularly at risk since they have a decreased ability to detoxify caffeine.
    * Adrenal Exhaustion: Caffeine consumption leads to eventual adrenal exhaustion that can leave you vulnerable to a variety of health disorders related to inflammation, autoimmunity, depression and other mood imbalances.
    * Aging: Many people find in their forties that they can no longer tolerate the same level of caffeine consumption as they could in their twenties and thirties. The production of DHEA, melatonin, and other vital hormones start to decline and caffeine speeds up that downhill drop. Conversely, cortisol, a stress hormone, increases in productions as we age and caffeine increases cortisol levels in the blood for up to 18 hours. Caffeine dehydrates the body and contributes to the aging of the skin and kidneys. It has been shown to inhibit DNA repair and slow the ability of the liver to detoxify foreign toxins.

~REF:http://chetday.com/caffeineeffects.htm
    Last edited by T h E o R e M; 05-16-2006 at 04:45 PM.

MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000)
    Wait, did you say 250 X 2?

That's 500mg.

Not so good.

All I can say is don't take caff. before sleeping as it will cause ringing in your ears.

When I take 200mg+ I usually have a good day but crash badly at night and sleep longer than I should.
    Keto Diet:
    Start - June 13th - 198 lbs (~??% bf)
    November 06, 2009 - 168 lbs (14% bf)

Almost 4 weeks into Bulk:
    December 04, 2009 - 180 lbs @ 17%
    December 12, 2009 - 184 lbs

T h E o R e M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T h E o R e M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T h E o R e M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T h E o R e M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T h E o R e M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T h E o R e M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T h E o R e M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T h E o R e M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T h E o R e M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T h E o R e M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T h E o R e M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MuZI
    Wait, did you say 250 X 2?

That's 500mg.

Not so good.

All I can say is don't take caff. before sleeping as it will cause ringing in your ears.

When I take 200mg+ I usually have a good day but crash badly at night and sleep longer than I should.
    yea 500mg daily.

each capsule of THERMAL RAGE is 250mg. they say 1 in the morning and one before workout or 6-8 hours later.

i realize thats alot, i guess ill just Take one PRE-cardio etc. or in the morning.

samos1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) samos1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) samos1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) samos1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) samos1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) samos1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) samos1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) samos1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) samos1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) samos1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) samos1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I often wonder for what dose of caffeine this is applicable to. I've used thermo/stims (usually only whilst cutting due to lack of calories) and have seen good results.. though I never venture over 500mg in a day, usually 200-350. While gaining/maintaining, I'll still have one or two coffees, simply because I enjoy them. Amongst those negatives, I've also read of antioxidant properties of coffee so is it a double edged sword? When does one cross the line with over consumption?

myPecsRbigger is a jewel in the rough. (+500) myPecsRbigger is a jewel in the rough. (+500) myPecsRbigger is a jewel in the rough. (+500) myPecsRbigger is a jewel in the rough. (+500) myPecsRbigger is a jewel in the rough. (+500) myPecsRbigger is a jewel in the rough. (+500) myPecsRbigger is a jewel in the rough. (+500) myPecsRbigger is a jewel in the rough. (+500) myPecsRbigger is a jewel in the rough. (+500) myPecsRbigger is a jewel in the rough. (+500) myPecsRbigger is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    take amp instead of just caffine, amp does have caffine in it but it has another stimulant in it thats very clean and jitterless and i dont crash on it. altho alot of people say you crash from it but i think its bs, they dont know what a methamphetamine crash feels like which is what a real crash is.
    PHD in bro science

Originally Posted by samos1
    I often wonder for what dose of caffeine this is applicable to. I've used thermo/stims (usually only whilst cutting due to lack of calories) and have seen good results.. though I never venture over 500mg in a day, usually 200-350. While gaining/maintaining, I'll still have one or two coffees, simply because I enjoy them. Amongst those negatives, I've also read of antioxidant properties of coffee so is it a double edged sword? When does one cross the line with over consumption?

what thermos have your used?

can you send me any of those links to show any good benefits to health with caffiene?

Talking

bump

brucethejuice has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) brucethejuice has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) brucethejuice has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) brucethejuice has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) brucethejuice has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) brucethejuice has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) brucethejuice has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) brucethejuice has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) brucethejuice has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) brucethejuice has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) brucethejuice has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    It is good for cutting personally I don't think you can beat the E/C stack for a fat burning stack. But that is just me I like to be jacked up for about 12 hours a day.
    SI03 Board Rep
    I am the american dream

MY SwoleN log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=706143

naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I like caffiene, personally when cutting I have taken 200mg 3X per day no problem, I especially like it pre workout
    Free Agent

Instagram.com/naturalguy2.0

Bosli has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Caffiene is also somewhat of a diuretic and it makes you lose water out of your body faster. Loss of water means less nutrition to muscles anyway you put it. I reccomend staying away from all stimulants except meth. hehe

samos1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) samos1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) samos1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) samos1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) samos1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) samos1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) samos1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) samos1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) samos1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) samos1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) samos1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I can't find the links, but I've read on numerous occasions. I'm not saying it's good. For me, it has its place.. definitely aids whilst cutting. I agree with a lot of the stuff however, but I think there is a line when it comes to caffeine. How much is acceptable, and how much is too much? I think if you're taking in 500-600mg in spurts of 4-6 weeks then laying off to the occasional coffee, you should be safe. Provided you're eating correctly, taking your fish oil & training hard. Put it this way, we're way above those office workers taking in 12 cups of coffee & sedentary all day.