Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by OKCDUDE
    im fixin to start some bjj I have a wrestle/boxing background I would really like to try some mma events in the next 1-2 years I would be a heavy weight im 285 6'4 alot on the heavyweight guys seem to be slow and slightly retarded. lol I think I would have a chance which is what everybody thinks when they start out I guess. I would love to fight tim silvia I cant stand that dude
    I think when you get up that high in weight guys are a lot more sloppy, slow, and don't have as good of technique. I think that's why arlovski is so dominant, he's a huge dude but he's got no fat and he can move like a smaller guy. If your that size and have decent technique and can move relativley quickly I would think you would do well in amateur fights at least, but you need a lot more experience before you think about going pro.

18 inch fatcepts! Back Double Biceps18's Avatar
    Back Double Biceps18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Back Double Biceps18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Back Double Biceps18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Back Double Biceps18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Back Double Biceps18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Back Double Biceps18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Back Double Biceps18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Back Double Biceps18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Back Double Biceps18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Back Double Biceps18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Back Double Biceps18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hey guys, back from the long weekend. Ready to talk some more MMA/UFC! So just out of curiosity, who will be ordering the Royce vs. Hughes PPV this saturday? I definitly am, I have ordered the last 3 and love them. Had a buddy come over last time, and now a bunch of the guys are coming over since everyone is home from school finally. Should be a good night of beers and fighting.

Also anyone ever take anything along the lines of kick boxing or muay thai? I really wouldn't mind getting involved in one of those.

-RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Biceps18
    Hey guys, back from the long weekend. Ready to talk some more MMA/UFC! So just out of curiosity, who will be ordering the Royce vs. Hughes PPV this saturday? I definitly am, I have ordered the last 3 and love them. Had a buddy come over last time, and now a bunch of the guys are coming over since everyone is home from school finally. Should be a good night of beers and fighting.

Also anyone ever take anything along the lines of kick boxing or muay thai? I really wouldn't mind getting involved in one of those.
    kickboxing u have to be incredibly fit to do, but u find if ur good at it u excel in MMA quickly (with having other foundation skills from other martial arts btw tho..) - look at brandon vera, hes excelled in the HW division quickly, and hes fighting @ UFC 60 against Alessio (?) Silva. I would start with something basica like judo or jiu jitsu, then build ur skills and move onto another martial art like boxing or wrestling/muay thai, go for it

TN_WORKOUT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TN_WORKOUT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TN_WORKOUT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TN_WORKOUT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TN_WORKOUT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TN_WORKOUT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TN_WORKOUT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TN_WORKOUT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TN_WORKOUT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TN_WORKOUT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TN_WORKOUT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Red face

Where do you live? I want to be at your house on Saturday. :-) I don't have the ability to order PPV at this time.

I'm sticking with Hughes.

Also, the Ultimate Fighter with Tait and Josh...I was not impressed. In the 205lb class, they'd get smoked by almost anybody I've ever seen.

bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'm predicting one of two things will happen. Either A. hughs will take him down at the beginning of each round, and it will be a battle of gracie trying to submit from his back or hughs trying to gnp or trying to submit from top... or B. Hughs will decide to take away gracies biggest advantage (bjj obviously) by keeping it on the feet and striking. I don't believe that gracie has the ability to take matt down because of matt's strength and phenominal wrestling, so if it goes to the ground matt's gonna be the one on top.

OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I can hardly wait its like christmas for me.
    I KNOW VIOLENCE ISN'T THE ANSWER
    I GOT IT WRONG ON PURPOSE

veritas vos liberabit NumberTwentyTwo's Avatar
    NumberTwentyTwo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NumberTwentyTwo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NumberTwentyTwo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NumberTwentyTwo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NumberTwentyTwo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NumberTwentyTwo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NumberTwentyTwo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NumberTwentyTwo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NumberTwentyTwo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NumberTwentyTwo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NumberTwentyTwo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    im ordering it saturday

how much you guys think it will be???

ive got a wrestling back ground, working on boxing right now, and hope to do some form of mma sometime soon. dont know that i wanna do it professionally or ameturly tho....just wanna be able to kick ass in a fight if it happens

as far as gracie hughes....its tough. i think hughes will get gracie on the ground but gracie is so slick when on the ground. i think itl be gracie by submission

Originally Posted by NumberTwentyTwo
    im ordering it saturday

how much you guys think it will be???

ive got a wrestling back ground, working on boxing right now, and hope to do some form of mma sometime soon. dont know that i wanna do it professionally or ameturly tho....just wanna be able to kick ass in a fight if it happens

as far as gracie hughes....its tough. i think hughes will get gracie on the ground but gracie is so slick when on the ground. i think itl be gracie by submission
    Wrestling and boxing is all you will need to kick ass if you get in a fight. Chances are whoever you get in a street brawl with isn't a trained mma fighter or anything. I've won all my fights with nothing but wrestling. It's incredibly easy to take down someone with no training, especialy if they are off balance from trying to hit you. Then you just sit on top of them and pound their face in because most people have absolutly no idea what to do on the ground.

OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by bjjwraslter7
    Wrestling and boxing is all you will need to kick ass if you get in a fight. Chances are whoever you get in a street brawl with isn't a trained mma fighter or anything. I've won all my fights with nothing but wrestling. It's incredibly easy to take down someone with no training, especialy if they are off balance from trying to hit you. Then you just sit on top of them and pound their face in because most people have absolutly no idea what to do on the ground.
    x2 smae background as me and I have been in many fights the average person doesnt have a clue what to do in a fight they just swing
    I KNOW VIOLENCE ISN'T THE ANSWER
    I GOT IT WRONG ON PURPOSE

-RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    id love to see gracie submit hughes, would also shed a little light on the WW div, i think st pierre will beat hughes anyway. ive already seen the pre fight talks, matt says he will try and KO royce, royce wants to in his own words "get him in a submission hold, choke him out and send him home"

Originally Posted by OKCDUDE
    x2 smae background as me and I have been in many fights the average person doesnt have a clue what to do in a fight they just swing
    That's what makes them so easy to take down. As soon as they start swinging lower your level and shoot they will practicaly take themselves down for you. That's why strikers have such a hard time against grapplers, as soon as they throw a punch the grappler goes right under it and gets there legs. My friends always use to argue with me about how wrestling isn't good for fighting because they would just keep backing up and swinging when I tried to grab them, and I kept trying to explain it didn't work like that. That's why I love that mma is so mainstream now, after seeing a few fights they have deffinitly changed their opinion.

I don't like greco roman wrestling and judo that much because of that. They don't do any shooting which is the easiest way to take someone down in a fight. Even if you shoot and don't get the takedown you at least closed the gap and have your hands on them so you can work other stuff.

Cocktail is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cocktail is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cocktail is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cocktail is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cocktail is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cocktail is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cocktail is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cocktail is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cocktail is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cocktail is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cocktail is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I need something to do this summer. So Im going to look for a place that offers MMA.

If you find a place that is mma what do they normally show you? BJJ and boxing?

joelz54_99 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joelz54_99 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joelz54_99 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joelz54_99 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joelz54_99 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joelz54_99 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joelz54_99 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joelz54_99 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joelz54_99 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joelz54_99 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) joelz54_99 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Its a hard one(Gracie v. Hughes) but I am going to say Hughes because of Gracie's age.
    "my job title is douchebag"- some planet fitness thread

NumberTwentyTwo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NumberTwentyTwo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NumberTwentyTwo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NumberTwentyTwo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NumberTwentyTwo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NumberTwentyTwo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NumberTwentyTwo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NumberTwentyTwo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NumberTwentyTwo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NumberTwentyTwo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NumberTwentyTwo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Cocktail
    I need something to do this summer. So Im going to look for a place that offers MMA.

i dont think there are any mma places in my area. i wonder what the next best place to find would be.....jui jitzo, boxing, phillipean martial arts, ect

Originally Posted by Cocktail

A mix of muay thai, boxing, wrestling, and bjj.

Cocktail is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cocktail is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cocktail is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cocktail is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cocktail is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cocktail is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cocktail is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cocktail is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cocktail is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cocktail is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cocktail is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    A mix of muay thai, boxing, wrestling, and bjj.
    Awsome.

bonethug187 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bonethug187 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bonethug187 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bonethug187 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bonethug187 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bonethug187 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bonethug187 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bonethug187 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bonethug187 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bonethug187 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bonethug187 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    aah the wonders of british tv. free on bravo, albeit on sunday night instead of early early sunday morning which actually works out better for me, just as long as i stay clear of cocktail's thread.
    ///M3

Originally Posted by bonethug187
    aah the wonders of british tv. free on bravo, albeit on sunday night instead of early early sunday morning which actually works out better for me, just as long as i stay clear of cocktail's thread.
    HAHAHA

Everyone is getting quiet, thats not goood.

Hows Everyone doing...Hows the workouts coming?

Wheyhem. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheyhem. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheyhem. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheyhem. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheyhem. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheyhem. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheyhem. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheyhem. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheyhem. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheyhem. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheyhem. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    cant wait till sunday, i dont know why but i think royce is gonna get hughes back and make him tap like bj did and trig nearly did
    ;$-BMB;$-

18 inch fatcepts! Back Double Biceps18's Avatar
    Back Double Biceps18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Back Double Biceps18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Back Double Biceps18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Back Double Biceps18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Back Double Biceps18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Back Double Biceps18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Back Double Biceps18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Back Double Biceps18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Back Double Biceps18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Back Double Biceps18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Back Double Biceps18 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Definitly getting excited. Also lets not forget that we got TUF on tonight. "Short Fuse" Ed Herman finally gets to show us all what he has against Danny. Should be an interesting fight and we'll see if Ed lives up to all his talking.

To answer a post a few posts up, the PPV is around $40.00, atleast thats what it was for the last three I ordered.

Cocktail that's awesome your going to get into some MMA this summer. I would seriously love to do some sort of kickboxing, but I'm cutting now and my energy is pretty low and with work starting in a week I don't think I'll have the time/energy for it. Maybe is September. Only 18lbs left on this cut so we'll see what happens haha.

TUF tonight though boys!

Definitly getting excited. Also lets not forget that we got TUF on tonight. "Short Fuse" Ed Herman finally gets to show us all what he has against Danny. Should be an interesting fight and we'll see if Ed lives up to all his talking.

To answer a post a few posts up, the PPV is around $40.00, atleast thats what it was for the last three I ordered.

Cocktail that's awesome your going to get into some MMA this summer. I would seriously love to do some sort of kickboxing, but I'm cutting now and my energy is pretty low and with work starting in a week I don't think I'll have the time/energy for it. Maybe is September. Only 18lbs left on this cut so we'll see what happens haha.

TUF tonight though boys!
    I feel ya brotha. I am cutting as well and I have about 20-30lbs to go. So its going to be hard but I figured that some mma would help me lose fat faster.

You guys should go to the ufc website and click on payperview and vote on who you thinks gonna win the fights. Hughs is favored 60.5 to 39.5 against gracie. The funny one is jeremy horn, he's got 91.7% of the votes for his fight lol. Diego is also heavily favored at 88.5% of the votes.

Most of the fights have may not be broadcast under them. That fukin pisses me off so much when I'm looking forward to see a fight and I pay money and then they don't show it. They should show every fight especialy when your paying 40 damn bucks to see them.

You guys should go to the ufc website and click on payperview and vote on who you thinks gonna win the fights. Hughs is favored 60.5 to 39.5 against gracie. The funny one is jeremy horn, he's got 91.7% of the votes for his fight lol. Diego is also heavily favored at 88.5% of the votes.
    the majority at sherdog has gracie winning

Originally Posted by NumberTwentyTwo
    the majority at sherdog has gracie winning
    Doesn't suprise me they have different results, they are much more knowledgable about mma. Most of the people voting on the ufc site are probably just average people that like to watch the fights.

LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm excited to see the fight between Ed and Danny tonight.

I've seen all the episodes thus far, and to my recollection they've barely shown Danny doing anything. That would lead me to believe that he's not that good, but we'll see.
    In 1945, Adolf Hilter died and went to Hell. Satan asked, "why are you in Hell?" He replied, "I am responsible for the massacre of millions" Satan said, "well done, sit to the right of my throne." In 1953, Joseph Stalin died and went to Hell. Satan asked, "why are you in Hell?" He replied "I killed millions to stay in power" Satan said "good, sit to my left" 2010, Ronnie James Dio died and went to Hell, Satan asked, "why are you in Hell?" Dio replied, "Bitch, get the fuk off my throne!"

Originally Posted by LatsMakeTheMan

I've seen all the episodes thus far, and to my recollection they've barely shown Danny doing anything. That would lead me to believe that he's not that good, but we'll see.
    Dito. I cannot wait.

lolerskatez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lolerskatez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lolerskatez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lolerskatez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lolerskatez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lolerskatez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lolerskatez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lolerskatez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lolerskatez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lolerskatez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lolerskatez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by LatsMakeTheMan

I think the reason they havent shown danny much also is because hes just a normal guy. Its the same with josh.

I reckon Ed will win, although it would be great to see him loose after boasting as to how great and good looking he is.

Out of hughes and gracie, im not sure, im really no expert in MMA. On that internet video of royce didnt look that great with his striking as various people have mentioned. Hopefully i can avoid seeing the results until sunday night when i can watch it.