zhelxer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

results from working out..

I'm 21, 5'10'' and around 145lbs..I started to workout like 8 months ago and I'm trying hard to bulk as I could, but the results didn't turns out that fast. Anyway I need comments from you guys based on my pics...

my biceps are my weakest point and I have hard times to train it up, any good biceps workout that really effective?
    Attached Images

Sthrngunz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you have the same problem i use to have, my chest and back exploded but the arms weren't happening. just a gen rule of thumb, make a whole day on arms, not a chest, tri and back, bi thing. do supersets w/ them too.
    -It's better to sweat in peace, than to bleed in war.

Travis71902 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Travis71902 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Travis71902 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Travis71902 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Travis71902 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Travis71902 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Travis71902 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Travis71902 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Travis71902 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Travis71902 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Travis71902 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Wow, your concerned with your biceps?! Gimme a fukin break. Hard to tell from the one pic but I bet your back, quads, hams, lats, tris, etc all need more work than your biceps. Why dont you focus on squats and deadlifting, and benching and rows. Increase those lifts and your arms will increase. Maybe try eating too! For 8 months of lifting it doesn't look like youve done much. If I come off as a dick, good, but understand that what I'm saying is right. You dont need a day dedicated to arms for fuks sake! Find a good beginner routine thats focuses on core lifts, compound lifts...not fukin curls. At your level, you need almost no direct arm work to increase size and you sure as hell dont need to have direct arm work as a focus. And yeas I know exaxlty what its like, I started at 6' and 135lbs, WAYYY skinnier than you at 5'10" 145lbs.

Sthrngunz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Travis71902
    Wow, your concerned with your biceps?! Gimme a fukin break. Hard to tell from the one pic but I bet your back, quads, hams, lats, tris, etc all need more work than your biceps. Why dont you focus on squats and deadlifting, and benching and rows. Increase those lifts and your arms will increase. Maybe try eating too! For 8 months of lifting it doesn't look like youve done much. If I come off as a dick, good, but understand that what I'm saying is right. You dont need a day dedicated to arms for fuks sake! Find a good beginner routine thats focuses on core lifts, compound lifts...not fukin curls. At your level, you need almost no direct arm work to increase size and you sure as hell dont need to have direct arm work as a focus. And yeas I know exaxlty what its like, I started at 6' and 135lbs, WAYYY skinnier than you at 5'10" 145lbs.
    i started at 133 and im 171 now w/ the same bf so im not talkn through my azz.
    -It's better to sweat in peace, than to bleed in war.

fishonwheelon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fishonwheelon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeah i dont really see why people act like pricks on these forums when someones obviously coming on here with a positive attitude looking for direction from others who know a bit more than he does. it's not a competition who has the most knowledge, just help people out and keep these forums cool.

fb902350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fb902350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fb902350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fb902350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fb902350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fb902350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fb902350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fb902350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fb902350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fb902350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fb902350 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Sthrngunz
    you have the same problem i use to have, my chest and back exploded but the arms weren't happening. just a gen rule of thumb, make a whole day on arms, not a chest, tri and back, bi thing. do supersets w/ them too.
    Yeah, I see what you're saying, I was also the same.
    However my solution was quite different. I tried giving a full session to bi's and tri's (seperately), but it just didn't work for me.
    What did work, was when I got strong enough to do a decent set of pullups/chinups. As soon as started doing these (as well as dips) my arms began to really grow, and in no-time I was shoving on a 45 plate to my pullups/chinups & dips. 3x8 one session, 3x5 the next session, then 3x15 the next session. altering the weight to compensate.

So I half agree with this post. Though I reckon its important to hit your arms, I reckon doing them as part of Dips & pullups/chinups is an essential part of your workout. and you won't have to hit them much more. possibly only a set of curls & tricep extensions at first to stimulate your arm growth.

The only thing you have to worry about is what day to put them into. (If you do a bodypart per day routine). Dips on arms day, or chest day and pullups/chinups on arms day or back day? your call.
    W8isGR8: If you don't squat, the terrorists win.

Milos Sarcev: Partial rep, Partial development.