Page 7 of 325 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 107 ... LastLast
    tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You could use a cable machine using an ankle attachment.
    Weak in the gym, weak in the kitchen.

5-3-1 Spreadsheet I've made, feel free to use it http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yxnn0dtrw3j

ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by tomahawk1984 View Post
    I remember being confused by it all when I first started playing, and I haven't met anyone yet who wasn't surprised by how tiring it is when you first play. Take comfort in the fact a game of rugby will always tire you out (unless you play out in the backs and pose all game).
    pm'ed and repped

Currently eating

monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000)
    AH

ok

So our schools 1st/2nd XV are playing tomorrow. Against one of the top schools in the state...we are not even nearly at the top. We dont even play in the same competition as the top schools in our city.

Anyway, I got a call from the coach (they are away on a team camp, which I couldnt attend even though i was asked - i assumed I wouldnt be playing because of this) and they need me to play tomorrow for our 2nds and possibly 1sts (dont know yet whether Ill be coming off the bench or reserving)!!!!!

Now, Im incredibly comfortable in say, a 3rds team (we have 7 teams in our opens). My abilities, aggresion and strength give me comfort in knowing I can run through people, make tackles, hit the rucks etc and dominate to a certain degree.

However, when it comes to 2nds (and most definitely, definitely 1sts) Im going to be so far out of my comfort zone its not funny. Fitness aside (im just going to have to will my body through the pain/exhaustion) how do you guys cope and deal with a game thats coming up, where you KNOW you are in for a serious ****ing challenge. I mean this other school...its going to be like men against boys.

I take it, just to not let doubt enter my mind? Go out there, really really fired up? dont take a backward step and just continually pump myself up? How do you guys deal with HUGE games where you know you could get seriously ****ing smashed by some absolute man of a child.

Oh btw, Im a hooker. They need me to play prop (I can, played about 2 seasons of prop...but I have only done 10 minutes of scrummaging work during our pre-season).

Oh and Ruggabugga, add Bigger,Faster,Stronger to the programs in the first page. Im gonna use that in the next offseason, looks great for football/rugby.
    Official Rugby training thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107034291

Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by monatu View Post
    AH

ok

So our schools 1st/2nd XV are playing tomorrow. Against one of the top schools in the state...we are not even nearly at the top. We dont even play in the same competition as the top schools in our city.

Anyway, I got a call from the coach (they are away on a team camp, which I couldnt attend even though i was asked - i assumed I wouldnt be playing because of this) and they need me to play tomorrow for our 2nds and possibly 1sts (dont know yet whether Ill be coming off the bench or reserving)!!!!!

Now, Im incredibly comfortable in say, a 3rds team (we have 7 teams in our opens). My abilities, aggresion and strength give me comfort in knowing I can run through people, make tackles, hit the rucks etc and dominate to a certain degree.

However, when it comes to 2nds (and most definitely, definitely 1sts) Im going to be so far out of my comfort zone its not funny. Fitness aside (im just going to have to will my body through the pain/exhaustion) how do you guys cope and deal with a game thats coming up, where you KNOW you are in for a serious ****ing challenge. I mean this other school...its going to be like men against boys.

I take it, just to not let doubt enter my mind? Go out there, really really fired up? dont take a backward step and just continually pump myself up? How do you guys deal with HUGE games where you know you could get seriously ****ing smashed by some absolute man of a child.

Oh btw, Im a hooker. They need me to play prop (I can, played about 2 seasons of prop...but I have only done 10 minutes of scrummaging work during our pre-season).

Oh and Ruggabugga, add Bigger,Faster,Stronger to the programs in the first page. Im gonna use that in the next offseason, looks great for football/rugby.
    Good luck with that, they are putting you in a very hard situation but the coach wouldnt do it unless he thinks you can or he wants to see you play at that top level.

With regars to playing prop.... make sure you beat your man in the scrums. Thats all you can do. As some one said above these days it is all about doing your first job first. If you are a prop them scrumming is your main aim and then line out work. Rucks, tackles and running lines are your secondary jobs on the field.

When i was captain of my team last weekend, we were playing a team taht put 40points on us at the start of the season... i got everyone to concetrate on thier own game and beating thier opposite man. Go in to the game knowing that you are in for a tough ride but your opposite number is in for an even bigger tough ride because you are going to make his life hell and your going to out play him.

Don't go in scared and jsut try your best that is all the coach can ask for.

Remember "Pain is temporary, Pride is forever"

Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Monatu - just pm'd you!

Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I remember being confused by it all when I first started playing, and I haven't met anyone yet who wasn't surprised by how tiring it is when you first play. Take comfort in the fact a game of rugby will always tire you out (unless you play out in the backs and pose all game).
    Lol negged

Just playin, I play in the backs, and worse yet I'm a winger lol. People hate us But I don't choose where I play lol.
    Friendship b/w women:
    A woman doesn't come home one night. The next day she tells her husband she slept over at a girlfriend's place. Her husband calls 10 of her best friends. None know anything about it.

Friendship b/w men:
    A man doesn't come home one night. The next day he tells his wife he slept over at a friend's place. His wife calls 10 of the husband's best friends. 8 of them confirm he slept over, the other 2 claim he's still there.

You could use a cable machine using an ankle attachment.
    Good Call i was going to suggest that or Reisistor bands? At training we use a variation of them or cable machines to do hip or leg swings.

In regard to the Martin Johnson fact- read that in the paper, its very interesting to know. i was quite surprised but it is totally understandable. If they are training all the time on grass/hard ground the last thing they want to do is spend even more time on it!

I dont like the rower but im starting to get in to it alot more. Interval training on a rowing machine is a killer but it feels GOOD afterwards.

monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000)
    thanks for that will87

will help me get my head right for the game tomorrow.
    Official Rugby training thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107034291

thanks for that will87

will help me get my head right for the game tomorrow.
    Thats what we are here for. im noticing that there are alot of front row forwards in our thread... all good.

Seriosuly though, dont worry about tomorrow. that is the last thing you want to do is go in worrying.. what if this, what if that! jsut go in fun guns blazing and as i said your coach would have not put you there unless he thinks you can do it.

Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    AH

ok

Good luck man! Let us know how it went. Big games against massively better teams always get me fired up, just cause its an opportunity to really test yourself, and if you give it everything you always come out of the game knowing something about yourself you didn't before.

Edit: Also I tried out one of the conditioning drills that someone posted earlier... the one where you jog the touches and sprint the try lines. It recommended doing this for 20 minutes, and I ABSOLUTELY bombed I couodn't manage much longer than 5 minutes, maybe because I had to do it on a small football pitch and so the lines were a little bit shorter than normal, but I think mainly cause I'm unfit. I then spent ages practicing passing and kicking, doing some short sprints to get the ball back. But I'm pissed off that I'm this unfit. Anyone got any ideas on how to progress to being able to do the drill I'm talking? I'll ask my coach next time I see him as well, but that wont be until wednesday unless we arrange a game for sunday and I don't wanna wait that long to start!
    Last edited by Dickyw; 04-18-2008 at 08:33 AM. Reason: Didn't want to double post

ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    AH

ok

ok i will look into it, don't know much about it but will do some reading. tell me what your results were

Currently eating

Sandbag Training

Has anyone tried sandbag training? Im thinking about trying it over the summer. I am doing kettle bag training on a tuesday and im thinking about making my own sandbag (around 40kg) and doing some throws, cleans, squats, swings with it. What do people think?
    OFFICIAL RUGBY THREAD http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107034291
    MY TEAM: www.walcotrugby.co.uk

"Pain is Temporary, Pride is Forever!!"

Originally Posted by Will87 View Post
    Has anyone tried sandbag training? Im thinking about trying it over the summer. I am doing kettle bag training on a tuesday and im thinking about making my own sandbag (around 40kg) and doing some throws, cleans, squats, swings with it. What do people think?
    sounds like a good idea, i have experimented with a sandbag before, didn't get that far though...

Currently eating

Cool well i think im going to give it a try, jsut at once a week to start with but we will see how it goes. I think it will only cost abotu ?15 to make one but it wil be very helpful. I have heard some good results from them.

Trying to work out when i can start preseaon training. Think i am going to take 4 or 5 weeks off running and jsut stick to weights to get bigger but doubt taht will happen due to last match of the league tomorrow, then charity match on the 27thm then off to play in poland 2nd may for a while then the touch season starts. Think i may give it a miss these days.

When do people finish rugby for the season then?

Also any one fancy a little rep betting on England vs The Baba's? could start a thread in the betting section?

safe money is on england

we got smashed by the way. lost like 45-0. Our forwards were just completely and utterly dominated in the scrums/ruck/mauls/tackle and they easily had 80% of possesion. our 1st XV won though, which was a complete shock - a couple of ther 1sts were almost crying after the game.

Cool well i think im going to give it a try, jsut at once a week to start with but we will see how it goes. I think it will only cost abotu ?15 to make one but it wil be very helpful. I have heard some good results from them.

Trying to work out when i can start preseaon training. Think i am going to take 4 or 5 weeks off running and jsut stick to weights to get bigger but doubt taht will happen due to last match of the league tomorrow, then charity match on the 27thm then off to play in poland 2nd may for a while then the touch season starts. Think i may give it a miss these days.

When do people finish rugby for the season then?

Also any one fancy a little rep betting on England vs The Baba's? could start a thread in the betting section?
    im up for it,im up for england. post a link here if there is a thread

Currently eating

Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dickyw has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Has the Baba team been announced? Bit early I guess, but like any ideas who might be playing? I might be going to Twickenham to see it, depending on if some mates can get there too.

KieMoxie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KieMoxie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KieMoxie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KieMoxie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KieMoxie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KieMoxie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KieMoxie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KieMoxie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KieMoxie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So we played on a horrible pitch today... we had FIVE ankle injuries come out two of which look to be season ending . The field is an absolute joke and it really irritates me that football teams/ players get access to great fields... while most other sports are thrown to crap here in the USA. Not to mention a prop speared a downed player of ours and caused a neck injury(dunno outcome yet) and myself and another EMT ended up holding c spine until the ambulance showed up. Not a good day for our team I believe our team will be pursuing a writeup and some sort of action against the ref.
    Last edited by KieMoxie; 04-19-2008 at 04:14 PM.

tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Another message on that rowing pdf.

I can't send attachements on here and the file is too large (>12MB) to send to some email accounts like yahoo and hotmail.

So in a stroke of genius I have sent up an email account that is large enough, and sent it to that account.

Anyone who is interested in the pdf PM me and I'll give you the account and password.

I was thinking this could be a place to put any pdf's, workout information or anything of general interest.

Anyone who has already PM'd me will be sent the details.
    Weak in the gym, weak in the kitchen.

5-3-1 Spreadsheet I've made, feel free to use it http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yxnn0dtrw3j

Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Snowman723 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Another message on that rowing pdf.

I can't send attachements on here and the file is too large (>12MB) to send to some email accounts like yahoo and hotmail.

So in a stroke of genius I have sent up an email account that is large enough, and sent it to that account.

Anyone who is interested in the pdf PM me and I'll give you the account and password.

I was thinking this could be a place to put any pdf's, workout information or anything of general interest.

Anyone who has already PM'd me will be sent the details.
    http://www.concept2.co.uk/docs/train...ning_guide.pdf

You're welcome.....
    Position: Number 8 & Lock
    Height: 6'4
    Weight: 105kg

"Rugby players are born and made into Athletes"
    Welsh Proverb

so irritated, we just lost our first game of the seaspn against our biggest rivals 24-0, it was such an embarrasment, our backline are absolutley shocking omg! AAAAAAAAAAH

Currently eating

Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ruga buga View Post
    so irritated, we just lost our first game of the seaspn against our biggest rivals 24-0, it was such an embarrasment, our backline are absolutley shocking omg! AAAAAAAAAAH
    Use it as motivation for training during the week and show up to the next game with a vengeance.
    Friendship b/w women:
    A woman doesn't come home one night. The next day she tells her husband she slept over at a girlfriend's place. Her husband calls 10 of her best friends. None know anything about it.

Friendship b/w men:
    A man doesn't come home one night. The next day he tells his wife he slept over at a friend's place. His wife calls 10 of the husband's best friends. 8 of them confirm he slept over, the other 2 claim he's still there.

i am, going to gym just now, can feel big things coming

Currently eating

So just recovering from a big night out. We won our last game of the season!! We stopped anothr team getting promotion this year. They had to beat us by 10points to get promotion but we scrapped a win 13-11. I scored the only try for our team which felt amazing to win the game with it. we completely lost the reff in the second half and it was pens after pens to them and they had two in front the post about 25m's out in the last min to win the game but the fly half scuffed them both. Pissing it down all game which was brilliant lots of scrums... LOVE IT

with regards to the eng vs baba, havent started a thread yet. I will do it when the baba's announce their team. I have got a rough idea who is in it though.

How did other people get on this weekend?

How did other people get on this weekend?
    got smashed 45-0 on saturday arvo

their forwards just absolutely ran through us in the rucks. They had easily 80% possesion and I don't think we ever had more than 2 phases until they turned it over. They were also dominant in the scrums. Our forwards were just too small (normally isnt a huge problem for our school, as our fitness and speed evens things out - but today they just physically destroyed us)

We had 3-4 injuries as well. And they had a 30 man squad, so by the end of the last 3rd (we played 3 20 minute thirds, as were still in trials) we were absolutely ****ed and they were fresh.

Our firsts won though(I play 2nds, we have 6 teams)...some of their players were crying at the end of the 1sts game though - they think our school are a bunch of pussies and I think they are whole heartedly ashamed they lost.

We won our last game of the season!!
    is your season over already Will? Ours (Australia, South Africa, NZ) is just kicking off! :P

is your season over already Will? Ours (Australia, South Africa, NZ) is just kicking off! :P
    south african? we just played our first in-season game this weekend

Currently eating

yeh
    thats what i meant, Southern Hemisphere is only just starting
    im in australia btw

ah i see. southern hemisphere rugby ftw!

Currently eating

Yep season is over, sun september to April/May. We have got a charity match next week and then a few combinations matches but that is only one game. Now it is in to the touch or 7's/10's which i may not bother just hit the gym 5 times a week.

Off to Poland in 2weeks which is going to be amazing, but yes the season is sadly over.

Edit: Forgot to say i play in England.
    Last edited by Will87; 04-20-2008 at 06:07 AM.