Page 13 of 325 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast
    hates you, probably. PotKettleBlack's Avatar
    PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by N10CT View Post
    Yeah Chin-up.

Although rugby players are a fairly weak bunch in the gym, even at the top, I don't think those standards are too high for a player outside of colts. I struggle on a few, but they are not extreme.

The rep ones are good as it causes one to focus on multiple strength qualities at once. The are not hard ie 10 reps with abut 70% 1RM or 15 reps with 50%, but they make sure you don't focus only on getting the maxes up.
    Hmm, I don't necessarily agree with the statement you've made, but okay. And yes, the high reps exercises are good for not focussing just on max lifts, but seriously, doing chin-ups with my bodyweight is hard... Lol. I've been weight training for a couple of years, but I still struggle.
    BRB' Projectile Vomitin'

Alpha Beard Crew!

Sean_Jmu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean_Jmu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean_Jmu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean_Jmu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean_Jmu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean_Jmu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean_Jmu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean_Jmu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean_Jmu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean_Jmu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean_Jmu will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by scootcologne View Post
    I can accept all....but what about rippa rugby?
    kids who play rippa rugby get such a fright when they play full contact, someone runs at them and they step out the way and dont put a shoulder in and get ran over like a truck

also kids running with the ball never break a tackle because

bad for the physical aspect of the game, will improve passing out of the tackle but Id rather see one smash line break than 8 phases of basketball

rugby121 is just really nice. (+1000) rugby121 is just really nice. (+1000) rugby121 is just really nice. (+1000) rugby121 is just really nice. (+1000) rugby121 is just really nice. (+1000) rugby121 is just really nice. (+1000) rugby121 is just really nice. (+1000) rugby121 is just really nice. (+1000) rugby121 is just really nice. (+1000) rugby121 is just really nice. (+1000) rugby121 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Sean_Jmu View Post
    anybody watching the conclusion to the premiership this weekend?

I got tickets to the final and would love a sale v wasps final

could be exciting, leicester could still sneak in and so could london irish
    Iv got my tickets sorted! Im hoping for a wasps-bath final myself.
    "Think before you type you stupid mother ****er"

Tallguy is still a weak douchbag as of 7th July 2011. "I held my poo in so i get more nutrients out of my muffin pwo" Never forget!

PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by rugby121 View Post
    Iv got my tickets sorted! Im hoping for a wasps-bath final myself.
    I think that's the final right there, with Bath winning. They're just on fire at the moment.
    BRB' Projectile Vomitin'

Alpha Beard Crew!

N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10) N10CT is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Snowman723 View Post
    NZ Academy of Sport does the same type of thing

Honestly I can't see it really being that beneficial, sure if I had that kind of money to throw around i'd do it just to see what there teaching and all...

But there not going to make you a superstar overnight like they claim
    The actual coaching isn't to bad $$$ wise it's the other stuff. But what would be great for players from countries like US/canada would be 6 weeks coaching and assessment etc at a level you could never find at home, add the fact you would be playing with players alot better than you, which unless you are so bad you ring everyone down, will improve you.

tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Will87 View Post
    Just trying to work on a preseason training program. It will mainly be Olly lifts to get a good strenght platform.

What do people think to:

4 weights sessions a week and then a dedicated Core- so swizz ball session

OR

5 Smaller weight sessions but have some swizz ball work at the start also including it when doing seated shoulder press also bench press!?

Along with this i will be doing 2 rowing sessions from the Concept Rower Plan.

What you all think? I will post a proper plan up soon. Im going to go hard for the next 3 weeks and then have a week off (due to work commitments).

Do people think that amount of training could be over training?
    Over training really depends on the person, if you have a high training capacity you should be fine, the only way to really find out is to suck it and see, if you are worried about overtraining then start with 3 sessions and add in the 4th if you are feeling good. I'm saying this assuming not all 4/5 sessions will be maximum effort type stuff.

As regards to the swiss ball my opinion is if you are doing lots of olympic lifts then holding a heavy bar over your head will do more than anything you can do on a swiss ball. I would however do heavy ab work such as side bends and standing ab work on a cable stack.
    Weak in the gym, weak in the kitchen.

5-3-1 Spreadsheet I've made, feel free to use it http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yxnn0dtrw3j

Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by tomahawk1984 View Post
    Over training really depends on the person, if you have a high training capacity you should be fine, the only way to really find out is to suck it and see, if you are worried about overtraining then start with 3 sessions and add in the 4th if you are feeling good. I'm saying this assuming not all 4/5 sessions will be maximum effort type stuff.

As regards to the swiss ball my opinion is if you are doing lots of olympic lifts then holding a heavy bar over your head will do more than anything you can do on a swiss ball. I would however do heavy ab work such as side bends and standing ab work on a cable stack.
    Cheers for the response. Im jsut working on the work out now so i will post it up when it is done. It will be 3 - 4 sets heavy and then a fast set..... i know it sounds wiered but i find that this helps me the best and i get good gains and strength. I think i may keep it to 4 weight sessions, 3 will be olly lifts and one will be strongman training (done at the rugby club) I may change another one for sandbag training but i am unsure yet.

With regards to the core sesson i may keep it on a seperate day because i like to do shoulder rehab that day while doing my core work.

As i said above i think i will do 3-4 heavy and then a slight variation to that exersice as fast 1 set 15 reps!! I dont know why but i seem to find this works well along with

3 heavy sessions and then a speed session! I started off like this but thne to get more gym time i brought the speed and the heavy together so it like shocks the muscle after you have done some heavy lifts. It does mean that not all my lifts are max but this is why i start with a different exercise each time.

I will post the plan up over the next few days!
    OFFICIAL RUGBY THREAD http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107034291
    MY TEAM: www.walcotrugby.co.uk

"Pain is Temporary, Pride is Forever!!"

Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Oh and in my opion BATH v WASAP's final......BATH to win!

Zee Deveel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zee Deveel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zee Deveel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zee Deveel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zee Deveel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zee Deveel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zee Deveel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zee Deveel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zee Deveel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zee Deveel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zee Deveel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Agreed, Bath v Wasps final... Wasps to win.

I'd like Sale to do it, but I don't think they will.
    Estimated 1RM According to BB.com:

Military Press: 131 lb (59.5 kg)
    Bench:193.0 lb (87.7 kg)
    Squat: 242 lb (110.0 kg)
    Deadlift:274 lb (124.5 kg)

Goal: Bulking to 14 stone (196 pounds)

Originally Posted by Zee Deveel View Post
    Agreed, Bath v Wasps final... Wasps to win.

I'd like Sale to do it, but I don't think they will.

I gotta stick to the roots..... BATH to win!!

Should we start a little rep betting for teams in the finals? all the people who get it wrong then have to rep the winners?

ill sort it out now!

EDIT: Lets wait till the leauge places are determined first!!

Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Anyone check the Hurricanes - Force game? David Pocock is a ****in monster. And he's my age...goddamn.
    Friendship b/w women:
    A woman doesn't come home one night. The next day she tells her husband she slept over at a girlfriend's place. Her husband calls 10 of her best friends. None know anything about it.

Friendship b/w men:
    A man doesn't come home one night. The next day he tells his wife he slept over at a friend's place. His wife calls 10 of the husband's best friends. 8 of them confirm he slept over, the other 2 claim he's still there.

Sean_Jmu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean_Jmu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean_Jmu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean_Jmu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean_Jmu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean_Jmu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean_Jmu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean_Jmu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean_Jmu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean_Jmu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sean_Jmu will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I cant see it being a wasps bath final, isnt it more likely a wasps v bath semi??

I would think gloucester would win being at home, wasps win and sale win

Id like to think wasps would turn bath over at home and would like to see sale, easpecially with mcalister, chabal and the other show stoppers they have winning too

ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Dom_88 View Post
    Anyone check the Hurricanes - Force game? David Pocock is a ****in monster. And he's my age...goddamn.
    yes what a game!

Pocock is my favourite player in the super14 along with nick williams(blues no. 8) they both are great players

Currently eating

If it stays the way it is at the moment it will be:

Gloucester (home) v Sale
    Bath (home) v Wasps

Personally i think the only position that will change will be sale, either stay in the play offs or go out. Bath only need a point to stay in second place..... it will be interesting though!!

Zee Deveel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zee Deveel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zee Deveel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zee Deveel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zee Deveel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zee Deveel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zee Deveel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zee Deveel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zee Deveel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zee Deveel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zee Deveel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What about James O'Connor playing for the Force? 17!

JuiceLT is on a distinguished road. (+10) JuiceLT is on a distinguished road. (+10) JuiceLT is on a distinguished road. (+10) JuiceLT is on a distinguished road. (+10) JuiceLT is on a distinguished road. (+10) JuiceLT is on a distinguished road. (+10) JuiceLT is on a distinguished road. (+10) JuiceLT is on a distinguished road. (+10) JuiceLT is on a distinguished road. (+10) JuiceLT is on a distinguished road. (+10) JuiceLT is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well... I'm trying to speed up and maintain my muscle mass.

My program is:

Monday: Chest back, supersetted
    Bench press: 5x5
    decline bench press: 4x5
    incline dumbell press: 4x5
    Incline flyes: 4x6-8
    lat pull down: 5x5
    barbell row: 4x5
    Cable row: 4x5
    wide grip row: 4x5

After this, I have rugby practice, plyometrics included.

Tuesday: Bis tris, supersetted
    preacher curl: 5x5
    incline curl:4x5
    Hammer curl: 4x5
    Skullcrusher: 5x5
    decline close grip bench press: 4x5
    single arm dumbell extension: 4x5

Wednesday: Legs and shoulders
    Power cleans: 4x5
    Power snatches: 4x5
    Squats: 5x5

I then have a game each friday

Sunday: Sprints

10 yards x3
    20 yards x3
    30 yards x3
    40 yards x3

What do you guys think?

Im a bit stubbed on how long of a break i should take between sprints and also should I keep low repititions to be more explosive and strong on all lifts?

Hmm. I think Bath to win the Prem, as I've stated before... But I just wish my local team were capable of staying in the damn thing. Leeds, obviously. We're too good for Division One, but not good enough for the step up. There needs to be some form of middle league created or some shiz like that.
    BRB' Projectile Vomitin'

Alpha Beard Crew!

Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ruga buga View Post
    yes what a game!

Pocock is my favourite player in the super14 along with nick williams(blues no. 8) they both are great players
    Williams is the flyhalf for the Blues. My fave super14 players have gotta be Jean De Villiers and Chavhanga

Originally Posted by JuiceLT View Post

My program is:

10 yards x3
    20 yards x3
    30 yards x3
    40 yards x3

What do you guys think?

Im a bit stubbed on how long of a break i should take between sprints and also should I keep low repititions to be more explosive and strong on all lifts?
    Try an upper/lower split. There's no reason for a full arms day when you play a sport.
    Friendship b/w women:
    A woman doesn't come home one night. The next day she tells her husband she slept over at a girlfriend's place. Her husband calls 10 of her best friends. None know anything about it.

Friendship b/w men:
    A man doesn't come home one night. The next day he tells his wife he slept over at a friend's place. His wife calls 10 of the husband's best friends. 8 of them confirm he slept over, the other 2 claim he's still there.

ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ruga buga has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    no NICK WILLIAMS is blues 8th man, you are thinking of williams the flyhalf of the highlanders, sorry but you are wrong here ...

Currently eating

Originally Posted by ruga buga View Post
    no NICK WILLIAMS is blues 8th man, you are thinking of williams the flyhalf of the highlanders, sorry but you are wrong here ...
    Lol my bad. I realised this watching the game.
    Friendship b/w women:

Friendship b/w men:

Williams is the flyhalf for the Blues.
    Nah that's Nick Evans.

tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomahawk1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JuiceLT View Post

My program is:

10 yards x3
    20 yards x3
    30 yards x3
    40 yards x3

What do you guys think?

Try an upper/lower split. There's no reason for a full arms day when you play a sport.
    If you are trying to maintain mass and not put any on you could possibly get away with a 2 day split. I like the Wednesday session but the Monday one looks too long. If I was going to do a split like this I'd rotate excercises every 2-3 weeks. You could then do some bi/tris at the end and have Tuesday off.

5-3-1 Spreadsheet I've made, feel free to use it http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yxnn0dtrw3j

Triple6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Triple6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Triple6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Triple6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Triple6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Triple6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Triple6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Triple6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Triple6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Triple6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Triple6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    last 20minutes of the Reds v Crusaders was awesome...
    *** Misc Cigar Crew ***
    AUS39 The King

Argh.. It's gonna be a ****ing Wasps, Leicester final again isn't it!

Originally Posted by Zee Deveel View Post
    Argh.. It's gonna be a ****ing Wasps, Leicester final again isn't it!
    No... I still expect Bath to come through.
    BRB' Projectile Vomitin'

Alpha Beard Crew!

Originally Posted by Triple6 View Post
    last 20minutes of the Reds v Crusaders was awesome...
    it sure was, that reds lost, thought they were gonna pull it off

Currently eating

monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000)
    the 4th position on the log is really looking shaky for the super 14

how did everyoen go this past weekend?

my ****en team lost like 20-12 to a team we should have beaten. We scored at the start of the 2nd half to get the lead 12-10 and they stepped up the intensity and outplayed us the rest of the match.
    Hurts more than previous weeks where we have lost by huge margins
    Official Rugby training thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107034291

What do you guys think?

I will be doing each set once a week plus kettle bell training? Probs doing 4 sets 5-8 reps....

WORK OUT A

Front Squats
    Bent Over Rows
    Good Mornings
    Shoulder Press
    Decline Press
    Upright Row

WORK OUT B:

Deads
    Bench
    Clean & Jerk
    Lat Pull Down
    Tri Throw
    Lat Rise- Front & Side

WORK OUT C:

Up Right Row
    Shoulder Press
    Spilt Squats
    Good Mornings
    Dumbell Press

Will be doing 2 rowing sessions a week and then on a tue or thurs i will be doing kettle bell and strong man training. What do you guys think? Wil this be good for presean training and adding bulk/ strength?

Originally Posted by Will87 View Post
    What do you guys think?

I will be doing each set once a week plus kettle bell training? Probs doing 4 sets 5-8 reps....

WORK OUT A

Front Squats
    Bent Over Rows
    Good Mornings
    Shoulder Press
    Decline Press
    Upright Row

WORK OUT B:

Deads
    Bench
    Clean & Jerk
    Lat Pull Down
    Tri Throw
    Lat Rise- Front & Side

WORK OUT C:

Up Right Row
    Shoulder Press
    Spilt Squats
    Good Mornings
    Dumbell Press

Will be doing 2 rowing sessions a week and then on a tue or thurs i will be doing kettle bell and strong man training. What do you guys think? Wil this be good for presean training and adding bulk/ strength?
    Thats a lot of volume. If you eat enough there is no way you won't grow on a programme like this as long as you can recover properly.

One thing I would say is keep an eye on your shoulders, especially your front delts. Movements like all types of bench presses and squats hit them indirectly. Strong man training will also work them. And if you hurt your shoulders then you can't do anything.

That was what i was thinking.....im struggling with shoulders because my right keeps dislocating and i need to work on my back and rear shoulders to get them stronger so im having a seperate day for that. Do you think i should change it a little then?

well the training at the moment is looking like this:

Week One:

Mon Gym A (Lunch)
    Tues Row (lunch) Kettle Bells (pm)
    Wed Gym B (am)
    Thurs Row (lunch) Sand Bag (pm)
    Fri Core (pm)
    Sat Gym C
    Sun REST

Week Two (Due to being away with work on sat n sun cant train, maybe a quick run)

Mon Gym A (Lunch)
    Tues Row (lunch) Kettle Bells (pm)
    Wed Gym B (am)
    Thurs Row (lunch) Sand Bag (pm)
    Fri Core (pm)
    Sat Run
    Sun REST

Tom - what work out do you do? Also what do you think?

I will be eating a large amount of food and also hopefully recovering sometimes lol. I may consider buying ultimate guide to weights training for rugby./
    Last edited by Will87; 05-11-2008 at 02:25 PM.