Page 101 of 325 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 201 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,030 of 9749
    decafchicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) decafchicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) decafchicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) decafchicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) decafchicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) decafchicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) decafchicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) decafchicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) decafchicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) decafchicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) decafchicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    7's rugby set to be a sport in 2016 sweeeeeeeeeet

swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by toad1 View Post
    man up and get those 20reps done, youl enjoy it once you complete it, stick with it there is no point doing a program for a week or 2 gota do atleast a month to get the benefits and to see if it works.

first thing that comes to mind for the pins and needles is that your griping the bar way to tight, also i don't really have the bar on my shoulders when squating, i rest it on my 'prop lump'/ that ridge thing you get. and the way your holding the bar may not be right for you try either widening your grip or narrowing it, id try narrower first. also if it helps i have my ring fingers on the rings feels a bit tight for squats but its how i pretty much grip for everything.

and if you can do 3x8 @ 40kgs you can do 20 @ 40kgs so mayb start there.

for plyos we do jumps for height(skiping) 5x5, bounds for length(lunge running) 5x3, and standing long jumps 5x3 and some other failing over stuff can't really explain it but its all to do with that first step and not going back onto you're heel.

also i'm so hoping we hit the scrum machine, i hope we do around the 50-80scrum mark but i'll be lucky if we do a total of 20 with all the different combos so ill mayb get 7 hits. if we do scrums which we desparetly need to.
    The 'prop lump' is more commonly known as your traps, or upper trapezius. Makes a nice little shelf for you to put the bar on.

Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by swolepatrole View Post
    The 'prop lump' is more commonly known as your traps, or upper trapezius. Makes a nice little shelf for you to put the bar on.
    he was referring to a lump that forms on front row players which is very common. its like on one of the spinal lumps because of the impact and pressure generated there in scrums

Location: edinburgh, scotland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Bignik92 View Post
    he was referring to a lump that forms on front row players which is very common. its like on one of the spinal lumps because of the impact and pressure generated there in scrums
    your both right.

swolepatrole has what i meant buy the ridge thing, and nik your right bout my prop lump. although right now 'my lump' is just sorta grated suburnt skin can't wait till it builds back up again ive never actually understood what it was and how it happens but apparently its better to have one than not, or so my colts coach told me.
    people ask me how to train, and i answer "i look at what you do and then i do the exact oposite"

if your family was captured and you were told you needed to put 100 pounds onto your max squat within two months or your family would be executed, would you squat once per week? Something tells me that you'd start squatting every day

pman65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pman65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pman65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pman65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pman65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pman65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pman65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pman65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pman65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pman65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pman65 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    so i was wondering if anyone could sum the basics of rugby for me. I'm going to play this fall for a club at college and it should be fun. reps to whoever helps!
    ~I Rape Back~

June - 280
    July - 251
    August - ??

Frannycakes is a name known to all. (+5000) Frannycakes is a name known to all. (+5000) Frannycakes is a name known to all. (+5000) Frannycakes is a name known to all. (+5000) Frannycakes is a name known to all. (+5000) Frannycakes is a name known to all. (+5000) Frannycakes is a name known to all. (+5000) Frannycakes is a name known to all. (+5000) Frannycakes is a name known to all. (+5000) Frannycakes is a name known to all. (+5000) Frannycakes is a name known to all. (+5000)
    So today we had our first practice of the season... I got blisters on the inside of my arches, even though I've already worn the same pair of boots for a season, anybody know why this is? This will be my 5th year playing, I've never had this problem before (when I played football, too). Are my feet just not used to them? I've been running and lifting all summer.

Plus they're metal studs (adidas), I'm probably going to get a molded pair soon anyways.
    ★cVc★

swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by toad1 View Post
    your both right.

swolepatrole has what i meant buy the ridge thing, and nik your right bout my prop lump. although right now 'my lump' is just sorta grated suburnt skin can't wait till it builds back up again ive never actually understood what it was and how it happens but apparently its better to have one than not, or so my colts coach told me.
    Check this out, involving the prop lump...cool read.

http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/art...?artid=2577523

decafchicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) decafchicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) decafchicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) decafchicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) decafchicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) decafchicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) decafchicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) decafchicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) decafchicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) decafchicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) decafchicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by pman65 View Post
    so i was wondering if anyone could sum the basics of rugby for me. I'm going to play this fall for a club at college and it should be fun. reps to whoever helps!
    First figure out if you're going play a back or forward. After that there's only so much we can tell you, experience/skill is a huge part of rugby.

Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Bignik92 View Post
    gym owner says its cos of poor blood circulation in my arms :/ jus prevents me doing high squat reps cos arms go dead and its dangerous lol

btw are you the second row or ginger guy in prof pic?
    I am afraid to say that i am the ginger guy with the very 'legal' fore arm. Picture was taken 3/4 years ago when i was at my heaviest. Think i should propbably update it. Have to try and find another playing photo or maybe a contrast photo of my weight loss and muscle gain....

hmmm goood point did not really think about poor blood circulation. Could be a reason!!
    OFFICIAL RUGBY THREAD http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107034291
    MY TEAM: www.walcotrugby.co.uk

"Pain is Temporary, Pride is Forever!!"

Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Will87 View Post
    I am afraid to say that i am the ginger guy with the very 'legal' fore arm. Picture was taken 3/4 years ago when i was at my heaviest. Think i should propbably update it. Have to try and find another playing photo or maybe a contrast photo of my weight loss and muscle gain....

hmmm goood point did not really think about poor blood circulation. Could be a reason!!
    for some reason i always associate ginger players with rugby league :P

yer my mum has poor blood circulation so its probably that.

Also does anyone have any rotator cuff rehab type excercises mine is incredibly painful :/

Originally Posted by pman65 View Post
    need to know if your playing league or union.

Location: edinburgh, scotland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Check this out, involving the prop lump...cool read.

http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/art...?artid=2577523
    was interesting that it was manily loseheads who got it and not tightheads. thankfully mine isnt a bad as that guys that thing was huge.

also i miss my access to journals, they are one of the few bits of reading i like doing.
    people ask me how to train, and i answer "i look at what you do and then i do the exact oposite"

if your family was captured and you were told you needed to put 100 pounds onto your max squat within two months or your family would be executed, would you squat once per week? Something tells me that you'd start squatting every day

Rugger w/ a throwing prob xxtwistedxx's Avatar
    xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    aight i gotta question for you forwards. gonna need a new pair of shoes pretty soon. got a nice pair of firm ground cleats but i need some soft ground spikes as well. i tried the canterbury rampages but the things are just too damn heavy. feel like im running in water with sand underneath. plus the spikes are huge! (3/4")

so any ideas? need a lightweight boot and preferably something with spikes under 1/2". and usually my foot runs 13 regular or 12wide.

thanks

jwest529 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jwest529 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jwest529 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jwest529 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jwest529 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jwest529 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jwest529 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jwest529 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jwest529 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jwest529 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jwest529 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    hey guys, just wondering if anyone has came back from ACL surgery or has known someone who has and returned to rugby. I am just getting back into things and am looking forward to my first training in september. was just wondering if anyone had any tips for me

thanks
    Buffalo Bills, Buffalo Sabres, WVU, Red Sox, Orlando Magic
    ~ Misc Rugby Crew ~
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126249503

That's how you get ants. BobisMighty's Avatar
    BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by xxtwistedxx View Post
    aight i gotta question for you forwards. gonna need a new pair of shoes pretty soon. got a nice pair of firm ground cleats but i need some soft ground spikes as well. i tried the canterbury rampages but the things are just too damn heavy. feel like im running in water with sand underneath. plus the spikes are huge! (3/4")

so any ideas? need a lightweight boot and preferably something with spikes under 1/2". and usually my foot runs 13 regular or 12wide.

thanks
    i like the gilbert shimmy highs, don't get the mids though, they'll rub the back of your ankle raw. the vengeance is nice too. check rugby imports, they go on sale there every now and then
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125605233

World Rugby S&C Level 1 coach.

DejaVudoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) DejaVudoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) DejaVudoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) DejaVudoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) DejaVudoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) DejaVudoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) DejaVudoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) DejaVudoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) DejaVudoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) DejaVudoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) DejaVudoo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Anyone wanna fill me in on this guy's deal? I don't have access to international rugby that much here in Canada so it's hard to keep up, but my roommates are hardcore fanatics and show me this vid. They say he's suppose to be the next beast to hit rugby (if he hasn't already).

ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Right guys. Season starts early September, I'm on a 10 day rugby camp from the 22nd August, and am currently following no routine as I had to stop the 5-3-1 rep scheme I had just started after going on holiday and having no facilities. Between now and the season (and maybe even during the season) what should I go for weight training wise to make me that bit better?

Originally Posted by DejaVudoo View Post
    Anyone wanna fill me in on this guy's deal? I don't have access to international rugby that much here in Canada so it's hard to keep up, but my roommates are hardcore fanatics and show me this vid. They say he's suppose to be the next beast to hit rugby (if he hasn't already).

yer hes good

thanks
    I should be getting a new pair of adidas World Cups soon. I'm a sucker for kangaroo leather lol. I dont know if you want soccer shoes though, you play forward i'm assuming.

kinguima has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello!
    I want to no what are the best exercises that i can do in gym to improve the kick power?

thanks
    get footy boots they are always the best and cheaper. dont bother with rugby boots they are more expensive, i always find they fall apart real quick, hardened toe caps are crap your toes hardly get stood on anyway unless u jus stand around, high ankles reduce agility asnd speed imo and like you said are heavy feeling.

jus get a nice pair of cheap adidas or nike footy boots and use rugby stoods instead, get leather ones though and not those plastic fancy ones.

with the size of them i have wide feet so i always jus get the size up from what id get in a pair of shoes

Originally Posted by kinguima View Post
    Hello!
    I want to no what are the best exercises that i can do in gym to improve the kick power?
    kick power is all in technique, practise practise practise

Schlek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Holy ****... dont believe everything you read on the internet. Nobody should be getting any kind of technical coaching points from anyone (especially the OP) who has posted in this thread.

I wasnt even going to post but damn.. there are a lot of kids that read this stuff. Get your advice from people who have years of experience in the game (Beyond playing in HS, whether coaching or playing). The internet is not the ideal place to be reading about the finer points of this sport.

Nick S.
    "You are either growing or you are dying, there isn't any third direction"

wizard_of_aus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wizard_of_aus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wizard_of_aus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wizard_of_aus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wizard_of_aus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wizard_of_aus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wizard_of_aus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wizard_of_aus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wizard_of_aus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wizard_of_aus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wizard_of_aus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    "Spies power cleans 135kg. He dead lifts 240kg. He bench presses 165kg. Only mildly impressed? Wait, here are some more. He is able to do pull-ups with a 50kg weight between his legs. He can launch his 108kg body 1.4m onto a raised platform, sprints for 835m before slowing on a repeated sprint-ability test and has a body-fat percentage of 6.5." - Pierre's Wiki page.

What a machine.

monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by wizard_of_aus View Post
    "Spies power cleans 135kg. He dead lifts 240kg. He bench presses 165kg. Only mildly impressed? Wait, here are some more. He is able to do pull-ups with a 50kg weight between his legs. He can launch his 108kg body 1.4m onto a raised platform, sprints for 835m before slowing on a repeated sprint-ability test and has a body-fat percentage of 6.5." - Pierre's Wiki page.

What a machine.
    and runs a 10.8 second 100m at ~110kg's (from memory)

Serious athlete, not the most complete player (yet) but you couldn't ask for much more of a physical platform to work with hahah.
    Official Rugby training thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107034291

What's holding him back as far as his skills?

BIGMAC3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIGMAC3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIGMAC3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIGMAC3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIGMAC3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIGMAC3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIGMAC3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIGMAC3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIGMAC3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIGMAC3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIGMAC3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yeah hes a beast... well not as beastly as Beast Mtwarira... but still.

Only 3 years of international rugby so hes not the most experianced of players, hes only going to improve.

BIGMAC3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIGMAC3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIGMAC3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIGMAC3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIGMAC3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIGMAC3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIGMAC3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIGMAC3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIGMAC3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIGMAC3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BIGMAC3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

thanks
    Adidas Flankers are the way to go.

ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ElWilson has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    What's holding him back as far as his skills?
    Not great in the tight, wouldn't do great on a soft, muddy pitch in the middle of Wales with lots of tight forward play.

MiKeOnE29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MiKeOnE29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MiKeOnE29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MiKeOnE29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MiKeOnE29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MiKeOnE29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MiKeOnE29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MiKeOnE29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MiKeOnE29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MiKeOnE29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MiKeOnE29 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm a huge fan of spies but he did f-all against the lions
    ☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆

Page 101 of 325 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 201 ... LastLast