Closed Thread
Page 1 of 573 1 2 3 11 51 101 501 ... LastLast
    twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000)

Smile Tara's Contest Prep - Because Anyone can be Skinny!

Hi everyone. I'm new to the board, but not to fitness. Over the past few years, I have lost 60 pounds, but I went a little too far. I am 5'7, 9% bodyfat, and 115 pounds. I would like to get to 14% bodyfat and 125 pounds. My health is being affected by my low body fat and weight. I have been lifting for a long time and have been following the Body for Life principles. Any thoughts, tips, or suggestions on my diet and exercise are appreciated. I drink WAY too much diet pop and I also use a lot of sweeteners like stevia and calorie free syrups b/c I have severe sweet cravings. I just started taking UDO's oil today to get more good fat. Here are stats and stuff for today:

weight:115
    biceps:9
    chest:32
    waist:25
    hips:34
    thigh:19

meal 1: pancake of 1/2 c. oats, 1/2 c egg beaters and 1/2 scoop protein
    meal 2: Myoplex Lite shake
    meal 3: Max and Erma's: chicken salad w/ mandarin oranges and low fat tex mex dressing
    meal 4:Myoplex Lite shake
    meal 5: 6 egg whites, whole wheat wrap, 1 TBSP of this weird peanut butter i found w/ only 50 cal and 1 g of fat per TBSP, spinach salad w/ random veggies topped w/ mustard and a little low carb ketchup
    meal 6: Myoplex carb sense shake, 1 c. strawberries, a little sugar free pudding mix, 1 TBSP UDO's oil

UBWO-chest, shoulders, back, bi, tri
    I do a pyramid technique as outlined in body for life
    reps of 12,10,8, and 6 with increasing weights, lower, another set of 12 and then 12 reps of another exercise of that muscle group

bench/flys
    shoulder press/anterior raises
    tbar rows/pullups
    rope pressdowns/dips
    bi curls/hammer curls

15 min. ab set: plank, pushups, ball transfer, crunches

I look forward to tweaking and improving my program with your help to reach my goals! Tomorrow is cardio day!

sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000) sherdi is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hello and Welcome!

Starting a journal is a great way to accomplish goals! I have no doubt that you will do it too!

As for your diet, I can see that you could improve it a tad. I would be limiting the shakes to only possibly before and after working out....eating real food is going to help you have more energy, feel healthy, and will help your muscles. I would suggest that you try to incorporate more lean meats, complex carbs, and veggies into the mix. Also don't be afraid of fat. You need good fat for health and wellbeing.

I would also recommend you increase your carbs...So you could just increase them a tad in each meal (for example have 2/3 cup of oats in your first meal or add a serving of fruit) so that you are having a good healthy balance. The best carbs are ones that are found in nature. So things like brown rice, sweet potato, wholegrains like barley, oats, wheat, also beans are a great energy source and low gi too. Fruit is also another great option for you. Fruit like apples, pears, oranges, bananas, pineapple, etc are all great.

To increase your fats, opt for things like fish oil suppliments (tablets - you could take up to 6 per day split out in your meals), raw nuts like almonds and walnuts, natural peanut butter (I wouldn't use that other one, unless it's only just peanuts but I don't think it would be with that low fat content), olive oil, avocado, whole eggs, fatty fish like salmon, sardines, trout, etc. I would try to aim for a little in every meal (except pre-post workout).

After working out it is really important that you give the body what it needs. So that means a good supply of protein and carbs (no fat added to this meal). Protein powder with skim milk, banana, or other fruit, and a little complex carbs like oats is a great option. Don't be afraid of dairy either....Things like fatfree milk, yogurt and cottage cheese are all healthy additions to your meals and are high in protein and/or carbs.

As for your routine? What is your current split? How much cardio are you doing. If you are wanting to increase your body fat and muscle you might need to lower the intensity of your cardio as well. Don't stop lifting heavy though as that will help with building muscle!

Good luck!

twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Well, today is going pretty well.

Weight:117

meal 1: ***E protein yogurt/fat free yogurt
    cardio: 20 min. running/40 min. elliptical
    meal 2: my oatmeal pancake
    meal 3:6 egg whites/apple
    meal 4: turkey burger/whole wheat wrap/spinach salad/1 TBSP UDOs oil
    meal 5:Myoplex Lite shake

Going out to eat with my parents here shortly. Planning on a big chicken salad.Can't really have any carbs there, though, b/c no whole wheat bread. Maybe I'll eat 1/2 of a potato or something.

If I'm hungry later, I will have cottage cheese and some berries. How is this looking? I usually do cardio on an empty stomach, but I felt a little sick this morning.

Weighed in today at 115.8..Kind of a relaxing day today. I did a 45 minute kick butt ab class at the gym, then I had to run off for my first wedding dress fitting. The wedding is in 5 weeks!!! Since I'm following Body for Life, today was my free day. I've been trying to eat mostly clean even on those days, though, b/c I just feel better. Meals went like this today:

1: oatmeal pancake and a little fat free reddi whip
    2: High protein Greek yogurt w/ 1/2 c. berries
    3: grilled chicken salad and 2 rolls (they weren't wheat! :-(
    4: Myoplex Lite shake
    5: whole wheat wrap/1 c. egg beaters/spinach/lettuce topped w/ some ketchup (I know I'm weird) and 1 TBSP UDOs oil

I feel a little guilty about the rolls and I know that ketchup is bad, but I love it so much! Also, I need to cut back on the diet pop.

'Robics Rock Star!! KickBoxQueen's Avatar
    KickBoxQueen is on a distinguished road. (+10) KickBoxQueen is on a distinguished road. (+10) KickBoxQueen is on a distinguished road. (+10) KickBoxQueen is on a distinguished road. (+10) KickBoxQueen is on a distinguished road. (+10) KickBoxQueen is on a distinguished road. (+10) KickBoxQueen is on a distinguished road. (+10) KickBoxQueen is on a distinguished road. (+10) KickBoxQueen is on a distinguished road. (+10) KickBoxQueen is on a distinguished road. (+10) KickBoxQueen is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hello and welcome to the boards!

Just an idea for the pancakes, Terracotta posted a recipe for blueberry syrup... might be a fun exchange for the reddi-whip... yes a bit more calories, but also more antioxidants and fiber as well. You can find the recipe for it in the recipes thread. I use it often... its delicious!

Thanks for the hint on the syrup! I usually don't use any syrup, but it was free day, and I wanted some Reddi Wip! Happy Mother's Day everyone! By the way, pictures of me are at bodyforlife-tracker.com under musiclvr. Over the past few years, I have lost 60 pounds. My whole family is obese, and I do NOT want to be there again! Here's today:

Meal 1: pancake (no reddi wip today!) w/ 1 TBSP UDO's oil
    gym:

LBWO
    3X12 smith squats (100 lbs) superset w/ 1 min. wall sit
    2X12 1 leg extensions (30 lbs) s.s. w/ 12 10lb. step ups
    1X12 2 leg extension (60 lbs)
    3X12 Leg curls (50 lbs) s.s. w/ walking lunges
    3X12 smith lunges (70 lbs) s.s w/ 12 35lb plie squats

I'd love some input on this. Until today, I have been following the Body for Life pyramidding principles, but I'm thinking of going to a different split. This was more of what I was doing when I was working w/ a personal trainer. She had me on a split of Lower body 2X a week, chest/shoulders/abs one day and back/bi/tris one day
    1 hr. step aerobics class

meal 2: apple/ high protein yogurt and Betagen
    meal 3: whole wheat wrap/1 c. egg beaters/ spinach/romaine salad w/ tomato, mushrooms and onions, topped w/ a little sugar free ketchup
    Be back later for the rest of the day. Going to visit my mommy!

I'm back! Meal 4 today was a Myoplex Lite shake
    meal 5- sweet potato/chicken breast (palm size...ounces?)/can of no salt green beans

fitday says around 1500 calories so far

Meal 6 will be either cottage cheese, fruit and almonds or a Myoplex Original shake which should bring me up to about 1800 for the day.

Tomorrow is early morning cardio, which I usually do on an empty stomach. I also take a boot camp class in the evening.

Spent the evening picking out wedding music. I'm a music teacher, so that's lots of fun for me!

Yucky, rainy, cold day here in Ohio! This morning was cardio. I was up at 5AM and starving, so I had an ounce of almonds before I hit the gym. Today, I did 20 minutes on the treadmill of HIIT. I did 2min at 6, then went a min. at 6.5, 7.2,8, and 8.5, and finished with a min. at 9.5. I then did 40 min at level 7 on the elliptical, going 1 min. moderate and 1 min. high intensity. Meals for today as follows:

preworkout: 1 ounce almonds
    meal 1: pancake (1/2 c oats, 1/2 c. egg beaters, 1 scoop protein) w/ 1 TBSP UDOs oil
    meal 2: 1 c. cottage cheese, strawberries
    meal 3:whole wheat wrap, spinach salad, chicken breast
    meal 4: Myoplex Lite shake

That's it so far. Heading out in a little bit for a Boot Camp class at the gym. I wish someone would comment on my workout or diet....:-( Nobody loves me! Even my dog is mad, b/c i don't want to take him for a walk b/c it's nasty!! Oh, did I tell you guys I have pictures at bodyforlife-tracker.com under musiclvr? I always forget what I've posted before!

Why, yes, I did tell you that! Also, weighed in today at 112.8! That's not good for me at 5'8! I have LOST weight since adding in the fats and eating more calories? What's with that?

'Robics Rock Star!! KickBoxQueen's Avatar
    KickBoxQueen is on a distinguished road. (+10) KickBoxQueen is on a distinguished road. (+10) KickBoxQueen is on a distinguished road. (+10) KickBoxQueen is on a distinguished road. (+10) KickBoxQueen is on a distinguished road. (+10) KickBoxQueen is on a distinguished road. (+10) KickBoxQueen is on a distinguished road. (+10) KickBoxQueen is on a distinguished road. (+10) KickBoxQueen is on a distinguished road. (+10) KickBoxQueen is on a distinguished road. (+10) KickBoxQueen is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by twinnett
    I wish someone would comment on my workout or diet....:-( Nobody loves me!
    Sherri have you some great advice about your diet!! She knows her stuff, so that's great info there.

Here's my two cents.... People may have varying opinions on this, but I'm not a fan of premade shakes. I much prefer to make them myself so I know what is in them and don't have to worry about possible additives, etc. Do you have whey protein powder? I have a post-workout shake of whey protein powder, lowfat milk, a banana, and some berries made in a blender. It's a great mix of protein and carbs to refuel the muscles. I also think, in my opinion, that whey protein shakes are most beneficial as your post workout meal. Unless you're really in a bind for time or something, having a shake post workout and replacing your meal 4 with real food may be beneficial.

What is your daily caloric intake? Most of the women here use www.fitday.com to record their food. It is then easy to cut and paste the nutritional information from there to here. It took me a while to get into it because I put a lot of "custom foods" into my profile, but now it is so easy to record what I ate and not have to worry about adding up my end of the day totals. You will also find that your macros... the ratio of protein, carbs, and fat in your diet can affect your results greatly.... another reason why I love www.fitday.com, it calculates that for you as well! I would be interested to see what those macros are for you!

As for your workouts, I'd prefer to leave that part to someone else... I'm still learning a lot in that area.

I'll check back on you.

Thanks! I do have protein powder, but no time to make a shake postworkout, b/c I'm headed off to work and I have to eat in my car! Is there a benefit to "real" food for meal 4 rather than a shake? I do use fitday. Before I added the fats and calories, I was around 1500-1600 calories, with only about 15% coming from fat and around 50% from protein. I have gone up around 1800, w/ around 20% from fat with the added UDOs oil. Do most of you eat before working out as well as afterwards? Also, do you count supplements when you add foods to fitday?

Thanks Ashla! I love them too! Weighed in today at 114.6 ( I know...throw away the scale, b/c it freaks me out that I gained 2 pounds in a day!)
    I decided to have something before working out this morning

5AM 1 scoop Designer Whey (90 cal) and yogurt (80 cal)

7:30 AM pancake (1/2 c. oats, 1/2 c egg beaters, 1 scoop whey) drizzled w/ 1 TBSP UDOs oil (425 w/ the oil)

9:45 AM 1 oz almonds/chicken/5 strawberries (300 cal)

12:15 PM 6 hardboiled egg whites/apple/ spinach,lettuce w/ tomato,mushrooms,onions (300 cal?)

3:30 PM 3/4 c. fat free cottage cheese/ small banana (200 cal)

7PM low carb wheat tortilla/turkey burger/salad like at lunch w/ 2 TBSP sugar free low carb ketcup (300 cal?)

This comes out around 1700 calories and I have one meal left to go. Not sure what to have as a last meal. I feel like I'm eating too much and adding calories too fast. It's so hard!!

Workout today: UBWO

Bench press: Bar (45lbs) + 2.5X12,7.5X10, 10X8, 15X6, 5X12 (weights are on both sides, like a 5 on each side of the bar)
    Chest flys: 15X12

Shoulder press: 15 X12, 22X10 (these were weighted bars), 15 lb DBsX8, 20X6, 10 lbX12
    Anterior raise: 10X10

TBar rows: 10X12, 12.5X10, 17.5X8, 20X6, 10X12
    Assisted pullups: 60X12

Tricep pushdowns w/ straight bar: 30X12, 40X10, 50X8, 60X6, 30X12
    Assisted Dips: 40X12

Hammerstrength bi curls: 25X12, 30X10, 35X8, 37.5X6, 25X12
    hammer curls: 12X12

Power crunch: 10X12, 15X10, 20X8, 25X6, 10X12
    crunches to failure on ball

Tomorrow morning is cardio. I've been doing BFL lifting, but I'm thinking of changing it up. I need some sort of structure. Without that or my trainer that I had to give up, I'm sort of lost!

Thanks! Got in 2000 calories yesterday, by having a Myoplex Original for my 6th meal. Weigh in this morning was 115.6. Up ANOTHER pound! I just don't want to gain back things too fast, and end up with a high body fat. Anyway,can't write much now. I'm off to the gym for cardio. Contemplating whether I should eat before cardio or not.......hmmmm

Decided not to eat before cardio this morning. :-) Gotta hurry, cuz I have choir practice soon, but here's today's nutrition

meal 1: my big pancake ( same every day) w/ 1 TBSP UDO's oil
    meal 2: 3/4 c. cottage cheese/ fat free yogurt
    meal 3: apple/big salad/soy burger
    meal 4: Myoplex Lite
    meal 5: whole wheat tortilla/.5 c. egg beaters/1 tsp. nat. PB/ big salad
    meal 6: ? not sure yet

Only had about 1350 calories today, so meal 6 will be pretty substantial. Not sure what to have.

Did 1 hr. of cardio intervals today on treadmill and elliptical.

Tomorrow's plan is Lower body. Should I have something to eat before that?

Back from choir now. Just had my last meal of the day. I had 2 scoops of Designer Whey protein w/ some frozen strawberries.Tomorrow is lower body day. I'm still doing the whole Body for Life thing, but I'm thinking of changing my workouts. When I was working with a trainer, I was doing legs twice a week, chest/shoulders/abs once and back/bi/tris once. I miss my trainer! I feel so lost without her and like I'm not doing stuff the right way or lifting enough or doing the right amount of reps and sets. It's all so confusing!!! I'm also confused about what I should be eating pre and post workout. Here's the plan for tomorrow:

preworkout: 1 scoop of protein and fat free yogurt
    meal 1: big pancake and scoop of betagen
    meal 2: ***E greek yogurt and strawberries
    meal 3: tuna fish/salad/whole wheat wrap/UDOs oil
    meal 4: Myoplex Lite
    meal 5: yam/chicken/broccoli
    meal 6: cottage cheese/apple/natural PB ( I get a kind called Naturally More. It's great! 170 cal for 2 TBSP, 11 g. fat, low sugar and it has flax seeds and omega 3 acids. It tastes good too!)

One problem I've been having is acne. I'm 25, not 16! I'm getting married next month, and I have a pizza face! I'm wondering if it's the birth control they put me on to try to get my period back. Whatever it is, it's annoying!!

emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10) emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10) emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10) emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10) emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10) emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10) emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10) emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10) emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10) emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10) emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you are trying to gain weight, why are you doing cardio?
    What is your lifting split?

emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10) emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10) emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10) emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10) emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10) emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10) emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10) emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10) emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10) emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10) emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Oh, and I would suggest an upper/lower split. Work each muscle twice a week, heavy weights/low reps. Minimal cardio, if any.

I know I know about the cardio. It's like I have these 2 competing voices in my head (I'm really not crazy! I swear!) One says, but Tara you need to gain weight. Stop doing so much cardio and lift more! The other voice says, but you'll gain weight too fast if you stop cardio. I'm going to try cutting down next week to 3 sessions of 20 min. intervals instead of the hour long workouts. I know I'm training for 2 conflicting goals, which isn't good. With a history of extreme weight fluctuations and disordered eating, it seems like I can't find a happy medium. I'm working at it though! I was doing cardio every single day!

Good for you for cutting down.

Cardio really is just going to inhibit your goals. Remember that it gets in the way of muscle building. Your gain will come through your DIET. If you gain too fast that is what you should change.

What are your macro breakdowns for all your food? What is a typical pre and post workout meal?

I think I might be getting too much protein and not enough carbs. Before I added the UDO's Oil to my diet, my breakdown was about 50% protein, 35%carbs, and 15% fat. The past week since I've added the oil, it's around 20% fat, 35%carbs, and 45% protein. I should probably up the carbs. I was eating around 1600 calories, but I have been trying to get between 1800 and 2000 calories this week. Here's how today went.

preworkout shake of 1 scoop whey protein and yogurt
    Lower body workout:

hack squat: 5 sets of reps (12,10,8,6,12) wt (per side)
    Leg extension: 12 reps at 75 lbs

smith lunges: same reps and sets: (per side)25,35,45,50,35
    Ball roll ins (15) superset w/ walking lunges: 2 sets

Calf raise: 3X12 at 40 pounds per side
    Plie squat: 3X12 w/ 35 pound dumbell

10 min. of ab work (side bends, plank, crunches, hollow body hold)

Meal 1 (after workout)
    Betagen
    pancake of 1/2 c oats, 1/2 c. egg beaters, 1 scoop protein
    1 TBSP UDO's oil

meal 2(9:45AM)
    High protein yogurt/strawberries/7 almonds

meal 3(12)
    tuna/ whole wheat wrap/spinach, tomatoes, peppers

meal 4 (4:30)
    Myoplex Original

I've had around 1200 calories so far. This seems like so much to me. Last week, I would have had around 900 calories at this point in the day. Maybe I should stop measuring and counting calories? It's hard b/c I'm a bit (ok a lot) obsessive!

Can't sleep! Ahhh...have a workout in 3 hours! I've decided that my goal is to get certified in personal training and also to compete in a figure competition. I'm not sure about how to find one or go about doing anything for it. If anyone could give me any advice on either of these goals, I would be ever so grateful!!
    Friday mornings are usually an hour of cardio, but I am NOT doing it. I've decided to split up weight training and do Chest, back, calves one day, arms and shoulders another, and legs twice a week w/ abs 4 times a week. I'm going to limit cardio to 3 20 min. HIIT sessions. I'm really hoping this will up the muscle growth! Plan for, well I guess it would be today, is as follows:

2:30AM...try to sleep!
    5AM scoop protein/yogurt or berries
    5:30 AM- Bis/Tris/Shoulders...HIIT cardio if time
    7:30AM- .5 c. oats, .5 c egg beaters, scoop protein and Betagen w/ 1 TBSP UDOs Essential Oil
    10AM-3/4 c. cottage cheese/ apple
    12-tuna/wheat wrap/spinach and tomato
    3:30-tuna/yogurt or whey and yogurt or banana
    6:30-chicken/yam or oatmeal/broccoli
    9-cottage cheese/Nat. PB/yogurt or fruit

This weekend is so busy. I'm a music teacher and our band is competing Saturday, then choir practice, then a wedding. Sunday, fiancee and I meet w/ our sponser couple, then choir concert.

Did I tell you all I'm getting married on June 17th? That's why I'm getting a little psycho! 4 weeks to go and sooooo much to do!!! I want to look really awesome in my bikini on the beach! My abs are not looking so hot now, even though I'm like 9 or 10 percent bodyfat. How can that be? What can I do in 4 weeks to look muscular (aka not bony) w/ a 6 pack?

Well, I slept last night! Hooray! Had trouble getting on the boards yesterday. Picked out my wedding cake. It's so pretty! Meals yesterday were good and calories were good too. Got up to 1900! Go bulking! Weighed in today at 114.2 on my new Tanita scale with athlete mode...ooohh....ahhh..bodyfat said 9.1, which is pretty low, but who knows how accurate those things are.

I have made some pretty big decisions. I've decided to get certified as a personal trainer, and I've decided to enter a figure competition. I know I have a lot of work to do, but I'm really excited and REALLY nervous!

Any of you that actually reading my daily blathering, I would love some help and advice if you have any experience! I'm not sure between the two dates which would be better for me. One is in Sept and one beginning of November. I have ALOT of muscle to gain. Just confused about when to start preparing, how to train, what to eat. There's SO much info out there, but I'm looking forward to it!

Meals yesterday:

protein w/ yogurt and UDOs pre workout
    protein pancake
    apple/cottage cheese
    tuna/wheat wrap/salad
    Myoplex
    egg beaters/wrap/tons of veggies
    myoplex w/ a few strawberries

Training

Shoulder Press (12x3@50), Lat raises(12X3@12), rear delt machine 12X3@55, upright rows 12X3 w. 27 lb bar

Bicep curls( 3X12 27 lb bar),hammer curls (3X12 w/ 12 lb wts)

tricep rope pressdowns (3X12 40), weighted dips

I did min. sprints between sets

I feel really wimpy next to all of you guys. When you put, say 215 for leg press, is that total weight or per side...same thing w/ squats and lunges. I would appreciate ANY input on workouts and eating! I have been doing BFL style of upper/ lower and only weight training 3 X a week.

if you want some advice, i would rework your plan. if you do chest/back one day and arms/shoulders another, technically you are working your arms twice as much as your larger back and chest, since the arms are also worked when you do chest/back. Its better to do something like an upper/lower split or a full body workout.

If you want to gain muscle, carbs are your friend.

Thanks. I was doing an upper/lower split, but I noticed that many of you split it up more. Would that be better for muscle building then say, chest/shoulders/abs one day and back/bi/tri another w/ legs twice? That's what the trainer had me doing before I had to stop with her and started doing Body for Life. It seems like you can't get in enough exercises with an upper/ lower split. Confusing and I need to figure it out by tomorrow morning!

Just went to the worst wedding reception in the world. The DJ sent everyone packing. He was awful!

Oh today's meals:

protein pancake(oats,eggs,whey)
    whey and yogurt shake
    tuna/broccoli/apple
    myoplex orig. w/ berries
    salad/chicken/sweet peppers/bite of icing at wedding

Still hungry, but it's 10:30, so I probably shouldn't eat anything.

Had a light day today. Did 20 min. HIIT cardio on the elliptical and 15 min. of abs

Happy Sunday! It's actually a beautiful day for once here in Ohio. Got to the gym this morning and here's what I did:

Assissted Pull ups: 3X12@ 60 lbs

Lat Pull downs: 3X12@60, 52.5 and 52.5

Seated Row: 3X12 @30,35, and 40

Barbell curls w/ weighted bar (not sure how much)
    15w/bar,12 bar+2.5s,10 bar +5s, 8 bar +7.5s, 12 w/ bar
    Rope bi curls
    12@20, 10@30, 8@40, 6@50

French Curls
    sets of 15,12,10,8, and 12 w/ 10s,12.5s,15s,17.5s and 10s
    Assisted Dips
    sets of 12,10,8, and 6 @ 50, 45, 40, and 35

1 hour step aerobics class w/ 10 min. of abs

Nutrition so far today:

Preworkout: pancake w/ .5 c. oats, 2 egg whites, 1/4 c. cottage cheese and 1/2 scoop protein powder; UDO's oil; 1 serving Betagen

Postworkout: Betagen, 1 scoop whey protein and 1 c. berries

Whole wheat wrap/1 c. egg beaters/spinach, lettuce, 1/2 tomato/mushrooms

Now I need a nap!

Good evening everyone! Just got back from my choir concert. It went really well, but I'll miss singing over the summer. I'll be working on my personal training certification though and building some muscle! It's so hard to change mindsets. I've been on a cardio cardio, limit calories/ fat kick for so long to shed this weight. I'm having a hard time adjusting. Battling back from an eating disorder makes it hard too.

Rest of today:

meal 4: 2 scoops whey and apple shake

meal 5: tortilla/ chicken breast/broccoli/spinach/tomato

meal 6: 1 c. cottage cheese/ .25 c. raw pumpkin/.25 c Kashi cereal/ 1tsp natural PB

calories around 1700 today. Need to get those up and still only 30% carbs.

Well, I'm off to bed. I have chest/ shoulders/abs planned for the morning. 5AM comes EARLY!!! What do you all eat before your workouts in the morning?

Happy Monday! This is usually the day where I would start off with an hour of cardio, but that has been hurting my goals, so I did chest/shoulders and abs. Here was my workout

smith machine chest press 3X12 w/ 25 lb plates
    incline chest press 3X12 25s, then down to 15s
    cable crossovers 3X12 w/ 20 lb plates

bar shoulder press 3X12 w/ 27 lb bar
    lat. raises w/ 10 lb db
    anterior raise w/ 7 lb db
    db shoulder press w/ 10s

ball crunchX20
    1 leg vupsX30
    leg lowers X15
    side plank 1 min.
    plank 1 min
    repeated this sequence 3 times

I am taking a boot camp class at the gym tonight w/ cardio and strength intervals. Very fast paced and fun.

Nutrition:

Preworkout: whey/yogurt/UDOs/betagen
    Post workout: whey/banana/PB/betagen

.5 c cottage cheese
    5 strawberries

apple/chicken/salad/broccoli

spinach/tomato/mushroom salad
    .5 c. oats, 2 egg whites,1/4 c. cottage cheese,1/2 scoop whey into a pancake

after bootcamp, plan on a protein shake, maybe w/ fruit

Weighed in at 116.4 today, so weight is up a little. Tomorrow is leg day!!

Had a great Boot camp, followed by a Myoplex Original shake w/ a few strawberries. I found myself hungry again, which I guess is good. Hopefully, that metabolism is humming! I just had some cottage cheese w/ kashi cereal and peanut butter. Very yummy combination! Got my calories up to 2100 today, which is around the range where I probably should be.

Meeting with my new wedding florist tomorrow. There's SOO much to do for this wedding! I'm so excited to get my personal training info in the mail! It should be coming soon! There's a trainer at the gym that also wants to do a figure competition. I'm just not sure if i have the body type or a pretty enough face for figure. I have pics at bodyforlife-tracker.com under musiclvr.

Tomorrow's workout plan is lower body:

squats
    leg extensions
    leg press
    lunges
    leg curl
    deadlifts
    calf raises

I'll go back later for a HIIT cardio session.I just wish I could afford a trainer. I'm one of those people who likes to have a program. I feel like I'm not doing the right things to optimize my muscle building. Everyone on here seems to be able to lift so much! I feel like such a weakling. I just hope as I add weight, that my strength will increase as well.

Meal plan for tomorrow is:

whey/yogurt
    myoplex lite
    blueberries w/ greek yogurt
    wrap w/ chicken/ salad/UDOs
    oatmeal pancake
    apple/turkey burger/carrots
    cottage cheese/pumpkin or yogurt/peanut butter

Not sure what I should do differently. I"m so confused!!!

Can't sleep! I've been up since 2:30 or 3 and didn't go to bed until almost 11. I have decided between 3 possible competitions. They are Sept. 16th, Oct. 14th and Nov. 14th. It gives me plenty of time, but I guess right now I should be bulking right?