Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Jeff0370 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lightbulb

As many of you have already said, flaxseed oil, and/or crushed flaxseed (where you get more overall benefits), has served me very well. I also use AST's Proflex 750 which is absolutely awesome. I have had surgeries on both knees about 12 years ago, as well as have given this supplement to a relative who has severe back issues and report incredible results. Also, believe it or not, I make sure I take a tablespoon of honey with one of my meal replacements (AST's NYTro Pro 40 - Strawberry) as it has been known to help recovery in joints and muscle. Also, being a Linus Pauling follower, I megadose Vitamin C. Very good for connective tissue.

theq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    it has got be glucosamine sulphate 1000mg a day should suffice

Registered User Only The Strong's Avatar
    Only The Strong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've heard good things about ProFlex 750.

Interdum modo elabitur... brumbartcheto's Avatar
    brumbartcheto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brumbartcheto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brumbartcheto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brumbartcheto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brumbartcheto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brumbartcheto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brumbartcheto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brumbartcheto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brumbartcheto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brumbartcheto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brumbartcheto is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by InFa_ReD
    It's the only supplement that I will actually buy from GNC is their TRIFLEX product.

each caplet contains:

Glucosamine_HCI @ 500mg
    Chondrotin Sulfate_Na @ 400mg
    MSM @ 300mg
    Same here ...
    Veni, vidi, vici.

slipknot9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slipknot9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slipknot9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slipknot9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slipknot9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slipknot9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slipknot9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slipknot9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slipknot9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) slipknot9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    walgreens glucosamin + MSM. 1g total, helped me get through my pain. Bad thing is too big and roughf to swallow so i gotta chew it, it taste terrible, good thing is it heals me lol.

TDK216 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDK216 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDK216 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDK216 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDK216 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDK216 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDK216 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDK216 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDK216 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDK216 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDK216 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by bbbd
    TKE JOINT BOOST. 1 capsule three times daily with food. Just look what it has in it, no other product can match it!!

Amount Per Serving: (3 capsules)
    Glucosamine Sulfate: 1500mg
    Purified Shark Cartilage: 1200mg
    (Naturally containing chondroitin sulfate)
    MSM (Methyl-sulfonyl-methane): 450mg
    I think I've found what I'm going to buy, this seems to be the best one, price and quantity of ingredients.
    Although I may be young compared to most people with joint problems I have tendonitis(sp?) in my right arm from baseball by my elbow and I started having problems with my left shoulder lately when doing Military Press. Although when I do Arnold Press it doesn't hurt, but I need to change it up a bit.
    Last edited by TDK216; 02-04-2004 at 04:05 PM.

thatkoreanguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yo, GNC worker here. you guys gotta try out our effervecent mega joint with an effervecent deliviery system of glucosamine and condroitin with some creatine in the mix too. comes in orange. it's yummy and helps you lift even more. and btw, triflex chews taste nasty but I get them for free, so kudo's to that. lol.

Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Why the hell would you want to put creatine in a joint supp? Just to jack the price up a little I am guessing?

Oh, and letting people know you work at GNC is like asking to be gang raped.

klash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have used glucosamine/chondroitin with not much help but it was better than nothing...

I second what Jeff0370 does. Megadosing vitamin c did wonders for my joints. I take at least 3,000mg of Ester-C daily. It worked so well I stopped pouring my money into glucosamine & chondroitin. Since vitamin c helps with the absorption of calcium I also take calcium with it.

thatkoreanguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    whoa, watch out on the vitamin c. more than 2000mg's of the stuff can give you diarhea. for some people, they can tolerate up to 5000mg's but yeah, watch out. good joints may be good but not if you only use them to sit on the toilet because you have the runs.

harrisjl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) harrisjl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) harrisjl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) harrisjl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) harrisjl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) harrisjl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) harrisjl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) harrisjl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) harrisjl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) harrisjl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) harrisjl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    glucosamine/chondroitin worked wonders for my ankles and knees. Not that I was in a lot of pain but they used to creak bad and now they don't.
    NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!

screw everybody but the canes and the oil ;)

hHh657 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hHh657 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hHh657 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hHh657 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hHh657 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hHh657 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hHh657 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hHh657 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hHh657 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hHh657 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hHh657 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Thumbs up Flax

Flax seed oil caps.
    Stay Strong!

Anbreena has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Nature's Blend-- 1,500 glucosamine, 1,200 chondroitin per three capsules. Plus six grams of MSM, three grams of C, one package of Knox unlfavored gelatin, and three caps capsules of Organic Flax 1,000 per day.

I'm a dancer. My knees get all the stress. I am also a small woman. A man might need a different dosage.

scubavanja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scubavanja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scubavanja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scubavanja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scubavanja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scubavanja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scubavanja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scubavanja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scubavanja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scubavanja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scubavanja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have just started taking a supplement with Glucosamine and chondroitin. How long before I notice it working??? I am not working out at all now and getting smaller by the second, so I really need some good advice.

WannabMr.O will become famous soon enough. (+50) WannabMr.O will become famous soon enough. (+50) WannabMr.O will become famous soon enough. (+50) WannabMr.O will become famous soon enough. (+50) WannabMr.O will become famous soon enough. (+50) WannabMr.O will become famous soon enough. (+50) WannabMr.O will become famous soon enough. (+50) WannabMr.O will become famous soon enough. (+50) WannabMr.O will become famous soon enough. (+50) WannabMr.O will become famous soon enough. (+50) WannabMr.O will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up

ON glucosamine plus CSA and flax oil really helped my knees

samueljrusso is on a distinguished road. (+10) samueljrusso is on a distinguished road. (+10) samueljrusso is on a distinguished road. (+10) samueljrusso is on a distinguished road. (+10) samueljrusso is on a distinguished road. (+10) samueljrusso is on a distinguished road. (+10) samueljrusso is on a distinguished road. (+10) samueljrusso is on a distinguished road. (+10) samueljrusso is on a distinguished road. (+10) samueljrusso is on a distinguished road. (+10) samueljrusso is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Butter24cf
    I have a bone spur in my ankle, strained cartialge and inflamation within the area. I also have knee pain and shoulder tightness. I am looking to help regenrate some cartilage within my ankle and knee. WHat should i get ?
    i had some knee and shoulder pain and i used TKE joint boost
    it has glucosamine, chondroitin and msm
    it worked great- no more pain
    now im trying to single out whether it was the glucosamine, chondroitin or msm or all of them so i can just take the necessary ones because joint boost is pretty expensive

Sumantek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sodium Hyaluronate-local injection.
    along with the cheapest glucosamine/chondroitin/msm I can find, because it's all the same so why would I pay more?

Tine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Flex-a-min kolmplex from Natural Wealth. It helps me recover after ACL surgery. One capsule contains 500mg glucosamine, 400mg chondroitin, 167mg vitamine C,... I have to take 4 per day!

d-sac40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d-sac40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d-sac40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d-sac40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d-sac40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d-sac40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d-sac40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d-sac40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d-sac40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d-sac40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d-sac40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i dont know lolloskjlkfkbb

PunchtheBoss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I work in a drug store, and heard wonderful things from the old ladies with joint problems about this product called FluidJoint. Some said they had tried Glucosamine and Chondroitin and it didnt really work for them, while others had only tried FluidJoint. ALL of the them love it, and come in to buy it regularly. I've had tender knees for years now, because of years of basketball, so I bought a bottle. I've only had it for like 4 days now, and it says to wait 7 to see any effect, so we'll see. The active ingredient is MicroNutrient-2-Immunoglobin-IgG-Antibodies, and it comes in chewable 1000mg tablets that you take 2 in the morning and 2 at night. It is a patented ingredient according to the bottle so it will probably only be found by this company (made by PatentHealth,LLC) and it claims to be more effective than glucosamine. It's rather expensive though, like 25 bucks for 60 tablets (15 days), so if it's not a miracle I probably wont buy it again. I thought it was better than trying glucosamine because glucosamine says to take it for 4-6 weeks for results, so I wouldnt have to wait around.

wmte has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Best on the market

What makes Procosamine II better?
    A powerful, unique blend of glucosamine sulfate, vitamin C, silicon, manganese, and curcuminoids from turmeric make Procosamine II the most effective natural blend available. Procosamine II contains an unmatched 2000 mg of highly potent glucosamine sulfate per daily serving to promote optimal joint health and full joint mobility. In a recent finding by the University Liege in Belgium, 212 patients with knee osteoarthritis who took either 1500 mg of glucosamine sulfate or a placebo on a daily basis over a three-year period, found that the glucosamine treatment stopped deterioration and significantly improved or reduced symptoms.1 In addition, Procosamine II also contains curcuminoids from turmeric extract. Studies show that curcuminoids have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant activities 2,3 that can help provide effective joint support.
    William Edwards

wmte has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

How long

Originally Posted by scubavanja
    I have just started taking a supplement with Glucosamine and chondroitin. How long before I notice it working??? I am not working out at all now and getting smaller by the second, so I really need some good advice.
    You should notice something within a few days.
    William Edwards

Wizry11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wizry11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wizry11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wizry11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wizry11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wizry11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wizry11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wizry11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wizry11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wizry11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wizry11 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    im currently taking Optimum MSM Plus Glucosamine . . . should i take chondroitin as well?? i take 2 caps daily each has 1000mg msm and 500mg Gluco . . .
    Last edited by Wizry11; 10-30-2004 at 09:49 PM.

listen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) listen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) listen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) listen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) listen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) listen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) listen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) listen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) listen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) listen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) listen is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Wrist Pain

I had wrist pains for a long time until I started taking MSM/Glutamine. I took this for around 3 months and now I never have problems. I couldnt even do push-ups before it hurt so bad. I think I just use the generic wal-mart brand.

pat arnold in training superset's Avatar
    superset will become famous soon enough. (+50) superset will become famous soon enough. (+50) superset will become famous soon enough. (+50) superset will become famous soon enough. (+50) superset will become famous soon enough. (+50) superset will become famous soon enough. (+50) superset will become famous soon enough. (+50) superset will become famous soon enough. (+50) superset will become famous soon enough. (+50) superset will become famous soon enough. (+50) superset will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    jointex is great for my shoulder-gloucosamine, chondroitin, and boron

GLG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by PunchtheBoss
    I work in a drug store, and heard wonderful things from the old ladies with joint problems about this product called FluidJoint. Some said they had tried Glucosamine and Chondroitin and it didnt really work for them, while others had only tried FluidJoint.
    <p>
    I switched from glucosamine/chondroitin product to FluidJoint. Works at least as good. Wal-Mart carries if or $19.99 a bottle.

Registered User Maki Riddington's Avatar
    Maki Riddington is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maki Riddington is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maki Riddington is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maki Riddington is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maki Riddington is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maki Riddington is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maki Riddington is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maki Riddington is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maki Riddington is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maki Riddington is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maki Riddington is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Extreme Training Support
    Last edited by RippedUp; 11-09-2004 at 01:59 AM.
    Wannabebig Editor
    www.wannabebig.com

M.R. Personal Training
    www.mrpersonaltraining.ca

TACP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have to go with Beverly's Joint Care stacked with Brandenburg Nutrition's Microlactin.

Living in a vacuum sucks forgot password's Avatar
    forgot password is a jewel in the rough. (+500) forgot password is a jewel in the rough. (+500) forgot password is a jewel in the rough. (+500) forgot password is a jewel in the rough. (+500) forgot password is a jewel in the rough. (+500) forgot password is a jewel in the rough. (+500) forgot password is a jewel in the rough. (+500) forgot password is a jewel in the rough. (+500) forgot password is a jewel in the rough. (+500) forgot password is a jewel in the rough. (+500) forgot password is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    glucosamine cause its cheap and proven effective

no chondroitin since when tested many products didn't contain it in the right amounts or at all(its the more expensive ingredient) and i've yet to see a study that studies chondroitin all by itself, its always w/glucosamine so the benefits could be coming from just glucosamine

msm isn't that great either cause it's a molecule that isn't very stable and breaks down too easily

capsaicin is good for pain relief but takes about 4 weeks to work and will burn for the first week

Living in a vacuum sucks forgot password's Avatar
    forgot password is a jewel in the rough. (+500) forgot password is a jewel in the rough. (+500) forgot password is a jewel in the rough. (+500) forgot password is a jewel in the rough. (+500) forgot password is a jewel in the rough. (+500) forgot password is a jewel in the rough. (+500) forgot password is a jewel in the rough. (+500) forgot password is a jewel in the rough. (+500) forgot password is a jewel in the rough. (+500) forgot password is a jewel in the rough. (+500) forgot password is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    oh and the effective dose for glucosamine is 1500mg a day