Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Talking CKD Calculator for Dummies, by Man2kx

Basically, in the spirit of giving back to the Keto community, I made something that will make all of your lives easier, especially towards the Keto newbies. I understand many people don't "get" how to plan their diet for Keto. Well, I figured it out all for you! Well, at least the calculator I made did !

This calculator will:
    -Determine your BMR, your BMR+Activity, and your Targeted Diet BMR.
    -Set up all your fat, protein, and carbs for Keto.
    -Will tell you the ideal ammount of F/P/C to eat each meal, based on how many meals you choose.
    -Will subtract your protein shake from your daily meal calories.
    -Be able to adjust all your F/P/C ratios because standard doesn't work for everyone!
    -Will give you a line up of what F/P/C ammounts to eat during your carb up! No more confusion!
    -Do all of the above in 8 simple questions!
    -It does all the nitty gritty work from (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=36497), or the Step by Step Keto Diet Plan!, posted by Blindfaith.
    [and makes me feel like I'm doing an infomercial ]

Directions: Change the blue colored numbers only (1) thru (8)!

Step (1): Enter your age, self explanitory.

Step (2): Enter your weight, preferably naked .

Step (3): Enter your height in added inches, for example if you are 5'10", do not enter 5' 10"!!! Enter "70" which happens to be 5' 10" in inches only!

Step (4): Activity rating. This is a little tricky, enter:
    1.0 if you are sedentary (no physical activity, eat sleep and sh*t )
    1.2 if you have a desk job and perform no physical activity.
    1.4 if you have a desk job and perform some physical activity (above average walking).
    1.6 if you have a non-physical job, and perform activities during the day as well as a daily workout routine. "Most of you are here."
    1.8 if you have a physical job and do a daily workout session, or have a non physical job and perform 2 daily workout sessions.
    2.0 if you have a physical job and daily hard training.
    Of course you can be in between any of these, and you are the sole judge of your activity level. Answer honestly or you won't get your desired results. I.e., you may train every day, but that doesn't mean you're at 1.6. Perhaps you are sedentary minus the daily training. You could be at a 1.5 or 1.55, for example. As long as you enter a value between 1.0 and 2.0 you're good.

Step (5): Enter what you would like to do, bulk or cut. Enter "0.8" to do a cut at 20% below maintenance calories. Enter "1.2" to do a bulk at 20% above maintenance calories. If you would like to do a maintenance diet, enter "1.0". If you really, really, really want to go further than 20%, you can change it. I assume you guys understand a little basic math. If not, don't be shy and I'll clarify.

Step (6): Enter your total post workout (PWO) shake calories.
    If your shake has 25g of protein, and you add 10g of dextrose (carbs), your shake comes out to [(25g P x 4 cal/g) + (10g C x 4 cal/g)] = 140 calories.
    Remember:
    Fat: 9 calories per gram.
    Protein: 4 calories per gram.
    Carbs: 4 calories per gram.

Now you do the math on your shake.

Step (7): Enter your preferred meals per day.
    I suggest smaller, more frequent meals. I recommend you choose at least 4, and no more than 8. 6 is always a safe bet.

Step (8): Adjust your P/F/C intake percent.
    The standard 65F/30P/5C usually does well for everyone. In calculating all your variables and you don't feel you are getting enough protein, adjust it accordingly.
    Also, as the diet progresses, you may have to adjust your percentages as follows:
    -If you feel low on energy, up your fat intake a little bit and reduce protein intake a little bit.
    -If you feel that your recovery time is slow, increase your protein a little bit, and lower your fat a little bit.
    -If you feel you are unable to concentrate, are losing focus, or feeling lightheaded, up your carbohydrate intake a minor amount, and reduce where ever else you feel able to.

MAKE SURE that all your percentages add up to 100%. This calculator isn't error proof, so if you spoof, it's your poop (Haha I like that rhyme)! You obviously won't have an acurate diet if you have 65F/50P/10C. That just doesn't add up to 100%, dummy. By the way that's an extreme example.

After the 8 steps,
    Click the tab at the bottom for Men or Women, and get your results. Then cheer because I spent hours making your life easier to figure out your diet in a matter of seconds!

I think my job is done here, hope you all benefit from this and thrive on your diet! If you have any questions, my sticky might cover most of them. Check it out: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=639169. Try to keep your questions to the discussion board and avoid sending me PMs, this way, everyone learns.

If you have any input on it, let me know. A "thanks" never hurts either ;-).
    Attached Files
    *****/*****
    Obsession with nutrition starts here.

Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Arrow Also... about Step 6...

I forgot to say that the reason why I ask for your PWO shake calories is to properly set up your meals so that X calories are set aside when dividing the daily contents.

So, for example, if your target diet BMR is 2150 calories, and your PWO shake is 150 calories, your meals will be designed around 2000 calories (2150-150=2000) since your PWO shake is not a meal, since your "regular" meals are planned with fat. If you consider it a meal without fat, simply reduce your normal "Meals per Day" value by 1, and you can count your shake as a meal if you want.

It's helpful for providing less headaches so you don't have to guess where you put your PWO shake in all the variables .
    *****/*****

JustinKim943 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustinKim943 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustinKim943 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustinKim943 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustinKim943 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustinKim943 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustinKim943 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustinKim943 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustinKim943 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustinKim943 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustinKim943 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    wow, u are truly amazing! This is a sticky material!
    Non-Rep Coalition? "Bias Free Since 2003"

skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i'm impressed that it even works on linux
    I've gained and lost over 100lbs more times than any man alive should. Do as I say and not as I do.

Iceman85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iceman85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iceman85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iceman85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iceman85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iceman85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iceman85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iceman85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iceman85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iceman85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iceman85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    EDIT: Nevermind its answered about.

Great tool though Man2kx...Glad to see my diet is around where the calculator says it should be.
    Last edited by Iceman85; 05-07-2006 at 10:26 AM.

chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Nice job.

Registered User PoppaReydechino's Avatar
    PoppaReydechino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You are the man!
    Commencing Body Transformation via CKD and lifting: 5/7/2006

Height: 67.5"

Weight:
    5/7/2006 250lbs

BF:

5/7/2006 approx. 29-34%

Tips, Comments, Suport highly welcomed!

Ripsaw3689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ripsaw3689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I love you....seriously
    "Walk in to this world, with your head up high!" - Deftones

I'm glad you guys like it! Nothing shows your appreciation more than a thanks!
    *****/*****

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I just had a go at it, and found it very interesting. It's certainly a great place to start for anyone who doesn't know their maintenance cals. However, I've one quibble: it doesn't seem to differenciate between people who are muscular and who are fat! It allowed me more calories than I know I can eat, and right now, I'm showing the effects of a couple of weeks down the country eating junk.

Is there any way to perhaps use waist size as a bodyfat estimate?
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

LiftStrong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Eileen
    Is there any way to perhaps use waist size as a bodyfat estimate?
    Why would you want to do that? A terribly inaccuate way to do that type guess-timate.

Good job Man2kx. Overall a nice tool to have.
    "Start working to fulfill your dream or else someday, someone will put you to work to fulfill their dream." - Author Unknown

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It's not accurate, but someone with a waist of 30 inches will have much lower bodyfat than someone of the same weight with a 40 inch waist. Working off total body weight only will give far too many calories to someone who is just fat.

It's not accurate, but someone with a waist of 30 inches will have much lower bodyfat than someone of the same weight with a 40 inch waist. Working off total body weight only will give far too many calories to someone who is just fat.
    Yeah, I do have plans for making a much accurate version of this calculator. I did realize when doing it, but there are many other factors that I need to take into consideration to do so.

I'll call that one a "Basic" version, and the next one I make will be the "Advanced" version, where you will need to know waist, wrist, etc.
    *****/*****

gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    What would you say about a friendlier web based version of your calculator?

I could implement the logic from the excel sheet in php and let you add further explanations if needed. We would also need a page to host it (maybe on the c-k-d site?).

Let me know if you're interested

Originally Posted by Man2kx
    Yeah, I do have plans for making a much accurate version of this calculator. I did realize when doing it, but there are many other factors that I need to take into consideration to do so.

I'll call that one a "Basic" version, and the next one I make will be the "Advanced" version, where you will need to know waist, wrist, etc.
    Cool, that would be great.

I tell myself that I'm designed to survive a nuclear winter, I can go all day on three peanuts, but it's a damn nuisance when I'm working out maintenance calories.

Cool, that would be great.

I tell myself that I'm designed to survive a nuclear winter, I can go all day on three peanuts, but it's a damn nuisance when I'm working out maintenance calories.
    I understand how annoying it is all the time. I made myself a Carb Cycling calculator that I use. While I didn't use advanced methods that I would like to, I adjust the activity level as needed to get my desired range. You could do the same on this but that's still guessing, so it defeats the purpose a little bit.

I'll start on one that will ask for all the factors in the "Basic" one I posted here, but also ask for waist and wrist (and perhaps a little more) to get a little bit more accurate calculations.

This calculator isn't too far off, but I can make it more accurate.
    *****/*****

Originally Posted by gabster21
    What would you say about a friendlier web based version of your calculator?

I could implement the logic from the excel sheet in php and let you add further explanations if needed. We would also need a page to host it (maybe on the c-k-d site?).

Let me know if you're interested
    Yea, I'm interested in that man. But hold off on doing it just yet, I'm going to make an "Advanced" version that will be much more accurate. While this is a little accurate, it could be even more accurate, to the point of no guessing.

As far as hosting, I own and administer a couple sites, so it's not an issue.
    *****/*****

dgm08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    wow, this is going to help plan a bulking diet for me so easily

gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gabster21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yea, I'm interested in that man. But hold off on doing it just yet, I'm going to make an "Advanced" version that will be much more accurate. While this is a little accurate, it could be even more accurate, to the point of no guessing.

As far as hosting, I own and administer a couple sites, so it's not an issue.
    Cool, I'm looking forward to the advanced version. It won't take me long to port it to php, I think it would benifit everyone and decrease the number of "Please critique my diet" posts, lol

Gabster.

Cool, I'm looking forward to the advanced version. It won't take me long to port it to php, I think it would benifit everyone and decrease the number of "Please critique my diet" posts, lol

Gabster.
    Yea, it would to an extent, but then you're going to get people asking if their food choices are cool.

Oh wells.
    *****/*****

ThomasJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThomasJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThomasJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThomasJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThomasJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThomasJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThomasJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I cant get the calculator to work. When I try to change the info nothing happens. I just cant type anything or change the height, weight, etc.

For example, I click on the weight and it highlights the number but then I cant type or delete what is already there.
    http://gprime.net/flash.php/thepitbullproblem

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?nobsl

Gabster.
    Don't think anything will change that!

Originally Posted by ThomasJ
    I cant get the calculator to work. When I try to change the info nothing happens. I just cant type anything or change the height, weight, etc.

For example, I click on the weight and it highlights the number but then I cant type or delete what is already there.
    I designed this to work with Microsoft Excel. Are you using Excel viewer, a free online spreadsheet viewer?
    *****/*****

eddied27 is just really nice. (+1000) eddied27 is just really nice. (+1000) eddied27 is just really nice. (+1000) eddied27 is just really nice. (+1000) eddied27 is just really nice. (+1000) eddied27 is just really nice. (+1000) eddied27 is just really nice. (+1000) eddied27 is just really nice. (+1000) eddied27 is just really nice. (+1000) eddied27 is just really nice. (+1000) eddied27 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Man2kx....thanks for the helpful calculator on both CKD here and for Carb Cycling in another thread.

I was reading your thoughts about TCD in another thread and wondered if you might indulge us (me...asking selfishly ) with the same kind of calculator for that type of plan. I'd understand if you chose not to given you didn't seem to big a fan of TCD.

Just thought I'd ask. Whatever you decide, thanks for the two other calcs.

Ed
    Thy will, not mine, be done.....

"Absolutely no reason to stop any routine you are making good progress on. The only magic bullet is progression over the LONG-TERM"
    Iron Addict (RIP)

"Hey! You can rest when you're dead!" ironwill2008

Originally Posted by eddied27
    Man2kx....thanks for the helpful calculator on both CKD here and for Carb Cycling in another thread.

I was reading your thoughts about TCD in another thread and wondered if you might indulge us (me...asking selfishly ) with the same kind of calculator for that type of plan. I'd understand if you chose not to given you didn't seem to big a fan of TCD.

Just thought I'd ask. Whatever you decide, thanks for the two other calcs.

Ed
    Hey, I'm actually kind of flattered .

I don't necessarily dislike TCD, I've found carb cycling to be far more effective for those two main reasons I posted in that thread you are referring to. I've actually found it to be the most effective diet I've ever come across.

Anyways, I'm refining this calculator, I'm refining the carb cycling calculator (because it's super buggy, I never planned to release it), and I don't mind making a TCD calculator either.

In all actuality, I am thinking about making a super universal calculator, which will offer CKD, TKD, TCD, CC, and 40/40/20 (with alterable ratios).

However, unfortunately I'm going on vacation for about a week, so you won't see anything for a little while (sorry!).

But, before I release a universal calculator, I will make an alteration to this CKD calculator, to the CC calculator, and then proceed to make a universal one. Expect the universal one in 3-5 weeks, I'm going to spend alot of time making sure it's near flawless and as acurate as possible. I'm a busy guy, I'm actually in the process of opening my 4th business, so I'm doing my best!

By the way, thanks for the thanks.
    *****/*****

ThomasJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThomasJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThomasJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThomasJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThomasJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThomasJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThomasJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I designed this to work with Microsoft Excel. Are you using Excel viewer, a free online spreadsheet viewer?
    Yes, that must be the problem. I do not have Microsoft Excel. Thanks for the help.

I was wondering if anybody could help me out by using my numbers on the calculator for me. I dont have Excel. I will post my info if sombody is willing to do it for me. Thanks

Originally Posted by ThomasJ
    I was wondering if anybody could help me out by using my numbers on the calculator for me. I dont have Excel. I will post my info if sombody is willing to do it for me. Thanks
    Sure, post away bud.

BTW, I'm back from vacation guys! I'm sun burnt badly but it was sooo worth it.
    *****/*****

aggierugger08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aggierugger08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aggierugger08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aggierugger08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

so

should i really be eating this many calories on a cutting diet? 2610? would it be ok to eat less then that?

Sure, post away bud.
    Step (1): Enter your age, 26

Step (2): Enter your weight, 210lbs

Step (3): Enter your height in added inches, 70.5

Step (4): Activity rating. 1.6

Step (5): Enter what you would like to do, 0.8

Step (6): Enter your total post workout (PWO) shake calories. 390

Step (7): Enter your preferred meals per day. 5

Step (8): Adjust your P/F/C intake percent. 65F/30P/5C