forumname05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) forumname05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) forumname05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) forumname05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) forumname05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) forumname05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) forumname05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) forumname05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) forumname05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) forumname05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) forumname05 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Critique my workout and also help me build some nice abs!

Alright guys...so I just started getting into this and have been really motivated and love working out.

I'm a cop in the NYPD and workout on my meal break in our gym in my precint.
    I've been using a 3 day routine (detailed below) but sometimes I only get to workout twice because of the hectic job, etc.
    I'm thinking of getting a bench so I can workout at home.
    Unfortunately because of the job It's also tough to eat very well, but I definitly try my very best. I cannot always have 6 meals a day, or bring food in, have the protein shakes as a meal replacement, etc.

Could you guys possibly critique my workout below?
    Also, could you help me build some killer abs and get rid of the very tiny 'belly' (if you can even call it a belly) and get that nice six pack???
    Would a fatloss pill aid this?
    I've heard flaxseed oil, fish oil???

I don't want to lose weight/size...I want to get bigger and more cut and have an awesome built physique

I'm 23 about 5'10" roughly 155-160...I do not know my body fat %
    What's the best way to find that out?

Please bear with me as I'm pretty new to all of this...

Here's my workout:
    I do 1 light warm-up set of 12 reps and then 3 work sets of 8 reps each (usually down to 6 on the last set)

-Day A
    Bench Press
    Squats
    Chins
    Military Press
    Close-grip bench
    Leg raisers + incline bench situps

-Day B
    Incline Press
    Calf-raisers
    Bent Legged deadlift
    Lateral Raises
    Close Grip chins
    Leg Raisers + hanging Leg Raisers

I rotate the days each week...one week I'll do A, B, A the next I'll do B, A, B with one rest day between each.
    Basically I workout Wed, Fri, Sun

Here are my current supplements:
    I'm currently taking GNC Mega Men sport in the morning w/ an ON Protein shake.
    Immediately after my workout I take another ON Protein Shake

I currently have a tub of XCEED and HP's CEE but haven't started using them yet. My plan is to take the XCEED 1/2 hr before working out and then mixing in a serving of the HP CEE into my post workout ON Protein Shake immediately following my workout.

Also, where is the best place to lookup excersises to make sure I'm doing them all correctly?
    Stupid as it may sound, but "chins" are chin-ups, correct?

Thanks a ton!
    Last edited by forumname05; 04-25-2006 at 06:59 PM.

zaarour7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zaarour7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You cant gain muscle and lose fat at the same time unless there mostly noob gains. Yes chins are chin-ups.

forumname05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) forumname05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) forumname05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) forumname05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) forumname05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) forumname05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) forumname05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) forumname05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) forumname05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) forumname05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) forumname05 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    So I couldn't get bigger and get leaner/cut at the same time?
    I thought I could still get 'bigger' and bring my body fat % down at the same time???

So...can anyone else critique my routine and shed some light on getting some killer abs???