Silver Tounge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Silver Tounge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Silver Tounge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Silver Tounge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Silver Tounge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

pulled hip flexor: few questions

Hey guys, long time reader, first time poster. i already searched these boards and didn't find anything helpful.

Last week after leg day i noticed a sharp pain in my right leg (the next day actually). it hurts when i stand up from sitting for a while, or when i lift my leg up to put on shoes. i believe its a pulled or irritated hip flexor muscle (maybe Illacus or psoas major for you anatomy buffs). its where my right leg connects to my hip.

After extra long stretching, warm up on the stair climber, and some high-rep leg extensions, i tried to do my warm up sets for squats (ass to grass). i had a really sharp, almost delibating pain and had to call off leg day.

has anyone had this problem?
    would extra stretching or more hip flexor work (leg lifts) be beneficial?
    should i let it rest altogether?

hvit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hvit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hvit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hvit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hvit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hvit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hvit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hvit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hvit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hvit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hvit is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I actually used to get this from playing football, I highly doubt it's pulled, just irritated or strained.

I suggest you RICE it, Rest, Ice, Compress, Elevate, and stretch it out really well.
    Let me live deep while I live; let me know the rich juices of red meat and battle when the blue blades flame and crimson, and I am content. - Conan