Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100)

my pre-during-post workout drink, cutting

Currently i mix 66 g of optinum whey with 20 g of dextrose, 30 g of maltodextrin, 10 g of creatine and 10 g of glutamine, sip 1/2 during warmups, then 1/2 immediatly post workout. Usually takes me 40 minutes to train.

I'm cutting, how's that sound?
    Any input appreciated

Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100)
    bump? anyone?

coreman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would save it all for post workout. There is no need for drinking it during....especially with your session only being 40 minutes. I would only take 5g creatine with this drink. Take the other 5g one hour after your post workout shake. The 66g protein looks a bit excessive too but I don't know anything about your stats or protein requirements. Looks fine otherwise. The 50g total of simple sugars should be fine but again is dictated by bodyweight.

5' 7 1/2" 168
    9% bf
    2100 cal a day
    320 gram of protein

Originally posted by Meni
    5' 7 1/2" 168
    9% bf
    2100 cal a day
    320 gram of protein
    For a cut, take in 0.5g simple sugar per kilogram of bodyweight. For you that would be roughly 40g split evenly between dextrose and maltodextrin. If you go a little overboard here it's ok. If it were any other time of the day then there would be a problem.

For the protein, try this. Take in no more than 50g in your post workout shake. Thirty minutes later take in another ~40g protein along with an equal amount of mid-range GI carbs. One hour after this take in another ~40g protein along with another small portion of mid-range GI carbs.

To sum it up, you should consume 1/3 of your total daily caloric intake within the three hours immediately following training. This should come from approximately 33% of your total daily protein intake and 45% of your total daily carb intake. Consume no fats during this period.

malto considered mid range?
    i usually eat green beans, chick peas for carbs (good fiber)

Malto is still considered a simple sugar so only use it post workout. Examples of carbs to eat within that three hour window would be a baked potato, steamed white rice or pasta. These are upper midrange carbs only to be used in this three hour period. They're more on the simple sugar side but not as easily digested as dextrose, malto, glycerol, etc.

If you need other carbs in your diet then focus on either complex carbs such as oats, brown rice and sweet potatoes in the morning. Continue eating your fibrous carbs in the evening time as your body will be winding down.

well i'm low carb so 30 to 50 grams a day bro
    hmmm
    might be tuff

Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Meni...stick with the pre/during/post routine, splitting it up roughly half and half. I would suggest that the protein be dropped to 30 to 40g total and about 40 to 50g total carbs (1:1 malto:dextrose). Follow up your post workout shake with a solid-food meal of protein and carbs about an hour or so afterwards. The carb choice should be a moderate glycemic/insulinemic carb.

Maltodextrin isn't a simple carb, by consideration of the molecular structure...but the simple vs. complex debate is useless, anyhow. The fact of the matter is the body's physiological response (glycemic and insulinemic) to maltodextrin, and that's why it's needed in the time around exercise.

Core-mania...sounds like solid advice. Very familiar. Cribbsy's Anabolic Nutrient Timing...have you had excellent success with this?
    Unstoppable Confidence

thanks

You're right on Timbo. Actually yes, I've had very good success using 'Cribbsy's' nutrient timing advice. When you think about it, it makes perfect sense too.

Meni, you might should have mentioned low carb earlier. I mean you're taking in your 30-50 all in one portion for post workout. That's the best time to get them in though. Good luck with the cut.