Xiomara has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs down Saggy butt due to weight loss

The only place I gain & lose weight is my butt. I lost a little weight there & my butt has sagged alot. I just started working out again, & i always ate healthy.

Due to the extra skin I now have there, it looks dimply too. I can hide it with a good lotion though, but I want it tight again.

My question is can the dimply apprearance go away even though I have extra skin?

I'm so frustrated over the extra skin that i'm thinking of having a booty tuck.

r-asp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r-asp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r-asp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r-asp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r-asp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r-asp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r-asp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r-asp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Not really sure about the skin condition, but did you lose weight really fast? You may have lost weight but at the same time loss muscle tone as well. So bump the protein up, give the squats and lunges a go for the toned glute!

Originally Posted by r-asp
    Not really sure about the skin condition, but did you lose weight really fast? You may have lost weight but at the same time loss muscle tone as well. So bump the protein up, give the squats and lunges a go for the toned glute!
    thx for the tip.

i think i did lose muscle too, i have none. i haven't worked out in a while. just started again.

Another question.

Should I do cardio first or weights?

I usually do cardio first, then end with weights. I do cardio 5-6days a week. Weights 3 days a week.

r-asp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r-asp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r-asp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r-asp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r-asp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r-asp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r-asp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r-asp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do cardio last! After your weight training. On days your not weight training try to perform cardio on a empty stomach, e.g. in the mornings prior to breakfast.

Originally Posted by r-asp
    cardio on a empty stomach, e.g. in the mornings prior to breakfast.
    what's the benefit to that?

RoadPrincess Biker Mamma rayteresa4's Avatar
    rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Xiomara
    what's the benefit to that?
    I am going to jump in here - you burn fat your body is already storing rather than working to burn what you have just eaten.

I have a similar problem with the saggy look only mine is in the chest...since I have lost almost 10% body fat, my chest - as my daughter says has become small and wrinkly...what happened mom - she says. Kind of funny actually. They look almost like mud flaps. But a price I will pay to win at competition. If you have good skin, over time it should tighten back up a little too. Good luck.
    rayteresa4
    INBF Promotor/Director/Competitor
    www.unitedfitness.org - Wa. State Contest Information

34 - mother of 2
    5'7"
    Goal
    120-125lb for Comp.
    6-8% BF

With A Shield About Me - ALL Things Are Possible
    Blinders on, Eyes Forward, Running ALL the WAY to the END!

Originally Posted by rayteresa4
    I am going to jump in here - you burn fat your body is already storing rather than working to burn what you have just eaten.

I have a similar problem with the saggy look only mine is in the chest...since I have lost almost 10% body fat, my chest - as my daughter says has become small and wrinkly...what happened mom - she says. Kind of funny actually. They look almost like mud flaps. But a price I will pay to win at competition. If you have good skin, over time it should tighten back up a little too. Good luck.
    Got it, thx.

I rather have a saggy chest then have a saggy butt. At least with saggy chest you can get implants or a lift.

What about in the afternoon? When I get home from work, I eat dinner then go to the gym. I get home around 5:30-6, eat and leave. Is it okay to do that?

I read somewhere that it's best to eat after but then again it's bad to eat too late, past 6.

gella has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gella has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gella has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gella has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gella has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gella has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gella has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gella has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gella has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gella has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Butt is much easier to take care of then breasts

Heavy squats, heavy walking lunges, lots of water, build some muscle there and you going to be fine, but breasts can be only faked, which makes me sad,
    Whatever nature gave me, Thank you, The rest I'll make myself :)
    ________
    Female
    5'3"
    January 2003 - 166 lb
    January 2006 -117 lb
    January 2010- 156 (starting over)

rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    What about in the afternoon? When I get home from work, I eat dinner then go to the gym. I get home around 5:30-6, eat and leave. Is it okay to do that?

I read somewhere that it's best to eat after but then again it's bad to eat too late, past 6.
    Again your body will be working to burn what you have juste aten rather than fat that it is storing. I go workout, and then come home and eat...usually around 6:30 to 7 p.m. When I eat that late, I usually only eat a salad with chicken or turkey on it...nothing too heavy. I also have a protien drink if I have done weights...if I do cardio only, then no protien drink unless I need itto increae my numbers forthe day.

Up to you and every body is different, but if you are eating healthy, and nothing too heavy for diner, you should be ok since you are boosting your metabolism by working out anyway. Maybe increase the weights in the afternoon/evening to boost the metabolism just a touch more if you are worried about it. Just my two cents worth.
    rayteresa4

34 - mother of 2
    5'7"
    Goal
    120-125lb for Comp.
    6-8% BF

Originally Posted by gella
    Butt is much easier to take care of then breasts

Heavy squats, heavy walking lunges, lots of water, build some muscle there and you going to be fine, but breasts can be only faked, which makes me sad,

I agree - the butt is a lot easier and cheaper to fix than the chest. I have not fixed the chest yet, but am contimplating it since I am used to a healthy looking one. But will se what happens after competition.
    rayteresa4

34 - mother of 2
    5'7"
    Goal
    120-125lb for Comp.
    6-8% BF

Its not necessarily bad to eat after 6. Depending on your metabolism leave a good time gap for digestion, maybe 3hours? What is important is your total calorie consumption for that day. Effectively burning fat whilst holding onto muscle means eating many smalls meals through out the day, keeping the metabolism constantly revving preventing the potential for fat storage.

As for cardio, its most ideal if you perform it after your workout session, when your glycogen reserves are most depleted. After your workout take your protein shake. It'll probably be 8-9 when you get home? By the time your ready for bed it would have already been 3-4 hours since your last meal so you should be fine.

I get home from the gym around 8, so i'm good having my dinner that late? I go to bed around 10 or 11.

Is it good to have protein shakes twice a day?

I have it in the morning as a meal replacement sometimes. Snack two hours later (almonds, fruits), then lunch. When I get home around 5:30-6 dinner, but now i'm gonna eat later when I get home from the gym.

Sorry for all the silly questions.

I get home from the gym around 8, so i'm good having my dinner that late? I go to bed around 10 or 11.

Is it good to have protein shakes twice a day?

I have it in the morning as a meal replacement sometimes. Snack two hours later (almonds, fruits), then lunch. When I get home around 5:30-6 dinner, but now i'm gonna eat later when I get home from the gym.

Sorry for all the silly questions.
    Protein shakes is just food really. You could eat a small meal prior to workout, then another small one post-workout. That way you prevent yourself from stuffing after training.

Thx Rasp, you've been helpful. :O)

I went today w/o dinner and I felt like I was gonna faint, lol. Not enough energy. I'm gonna do the small dinner before and small dinner or protein shake after. Thanks alot.