Thread: Oatmeal Powder

LabAnimal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LabAnimal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LabAnimal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LabAnimal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LabAnimal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LabAnimal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LabAnimal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LabAnimal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LabAnimal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LabAnimal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LabAnimal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Oatmeal Powder

Anyone have thoughts and sources for oatmeal powder. I need something that will mix well in a shaker when I am at work. Thanks for the help.

Resident Canadian master_no_name's Avatar
    master_no_name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) master_no_name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) master_no_name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) master_no_name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) master_no_name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) master_no_name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) master_no_name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) master_no_name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) master_no_name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) master_no_name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) master_no_name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by LabAnimal View Post
    Anyone have thoughts and sources for oatmeal powder. I need something that will mix well in a shaker when I am at work. Thanks for the help.
    Sources... blending your own thenigh tbefore in a blender...

Altough im not sure how well it would mix in a shaker. Try it, but you could also just bring some and eat the oatmeal on the side, provided your employer does not mind..
    Negged by BPP!

alles_gut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) alles_gut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) alles_gut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) alles_gut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) alles_gut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) alles_gut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) alles_gut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) alles_gut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) alles_gut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) alles_gut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) alles_gut is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    As master_no_name said, buy some oat flakes and blend them alone in the blender till you get a fine powder. I have done this many times and it shakes perfectly when you need a good fast meal. Just make sure that you do not shake it with water and wait with drinking for hours because it will taste like ****, shake then drink asap.

You can also add some whey to enhance the flavour (plane oats with water tastes like dirty water, you do get used and immune after some years) and mix shake with milk instead of water.

It is recommended to shake oat powder with milk if you are adding whey so that the milk can slow the absorption of whey, because when whey is taken with water and thus its absorption is not slowed down and if there is no need for fast proteins in the body at the same time whey turns into some crap (I can not remember what it turns into now, glucose or something like that, read some article) and it is "wasted".

Whey with water only after workout and after waking up because you want it absorbed fast then.

Hope I helped more then confused.

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    take regular oats or quick oats, grind them in a coffee grinder... bring them with you to work in a baggie along with your whey.. pop it in a shaker and chug

LabAnimal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LabAnimal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LabAnimal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LabAnimal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LabAnimal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LabAnimal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LabAnimal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LabAnimal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LabAnimal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LabAnimal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LabAnimal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Why didn't I think of this. Thanks for the help.

Macc44 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Macc44 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Macc44 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Macc44 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Macc44 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Macc44 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Macc44 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Macc44 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Macc44 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Macc44 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Macc44 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    ive tried blending it, but its still too chunky

mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Ground oats in a whey shake is my breakfast every day. A lot faster than cooking the oats.

Don't run out of juice Bakers Man's Avatar
    Bakers Man is a name known to all. (+5000) Bakers Man is a name known to all. (+5000) Bakers Man is a name known to all. (+5000) Bakers Man is a name known to all. (+5000) Bakers Man is a name known to all. (+5000) Bakers Man is a name known to all. (+5000) Bakers Man is a name known to all. (+5000) Bakers Man is a name known to all. (+5000) Bakers Man is a name known to all. (+5000) Bakers Man is a name known to all. (+5000) Bakers Man is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Oat bran ?

alaskaboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alaskaboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alaskaboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alaskaboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alaskaboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alaskaboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alaskaboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alaskaboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alaskaboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alaskaboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alaskaboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Macc44 View Post
    Use a coffee/spice grinder.
    There is a skinny man inside me screaming to get out, but I can usually shut him up with some bacon.

mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Macc44 View Post
    I use one of these

hockeyplaya13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeyplaya13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeyplaya13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeyplaya13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeyplaya13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeyplaya13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeyplaya13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeyplaya13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeyplaya13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeyplaya13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hockeyplaya13 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by mobikwa View Post
    I use one of these
    Yesssss. I have one of those and its amazing. Perfect for this topic

thankschub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thankschub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thankschub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thankschub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Arrowhead Mills organic oat flour from vitacost. Sorry, can't post link.

J-Cubed is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Cubed is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Cubed is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Cubed is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Cubed is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Cubed is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Cubed is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Cubed is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Cubed is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Cubed is a name known to all. (+5000) J-Cubed is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by mobikwa View Post
    I use one of these
    This is what I use to turn my oats into more of a powder. Just toss a cup of oats in there and blend it and it'll be a pretty fine powder.
    [A]lpha [B]eard [C]rew
    300+ Bench Crew
    IRB 9k+
    ~Polish Strength Genetics~