Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000) the_fake_webmaster is a name known to all. (+5000)

WEEK SEVENTY-TWO :: How Are Bodybuilding And Powerlifting Similar And Different?

* Note: How can I win? Answer all questions in the order that they are asked.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

TOPIC: How Are Bodybuilding And Powerlifting Similar And Different?

For the week of: April 13th - April 19th
    Wednesday @ Midnight Is The Final Cut (Mountain Time, US & Canada).

-------------------------------------------------------------

Bodybuilding and powerlifting are very similar, but then again, they are also very different. Sure both involve moving weights, but are completely different sports. There is a major difference in the body of a bodybuilder and a powerlifter.

How are bodybuilding and powerlifting both similar and different? How is the training similar and different?

What are the benefits of both?

Is there any hostility between powerlifters and bodybuilders?

Do you incorporate powerlifting into your bodybuilding routine? How so and why?

BONUS QUESTION: What do you prefer; bodybuilding or powerlifting? Why?

-------------------------------------------------------------

Don't discuss any other topic in this section. ONLY discuss the question above.

The best response will get $75 in credit to use in our online store! The other good responses will be used in an article on the main Bodybuilding.com site, with the poster's forum name listed by it. Become famous!

Thanks,
    Will
    Webmaster
    Bodybuilding.com
    twitter.com/i_am_the_goat

JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000)
    I keep telling myself to wait, but I'll go first, since I really love this topic.
    Attached Files

mark prater 123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mark prater 123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mark prater 123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mark prater 123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mark prater 123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mark prater 123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mark prater 123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mark prater 123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mark prater 123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mark prater 123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mark prater 123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JC-orginalbdass
    I keep telling myself to wait, but I'll go first, since I really love this topic.
    wow very good jc. good luck with that one =)

zdcisme123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zdcisme123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zdcisme123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zdcisme123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zdcisme123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zdcisme123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zdcisme123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zdcisme123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zdcisme123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zdcisme123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zdcisme123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

My Answers :)

Q:How are bodybuilding and powerlifting both similar and different? How is the training similar and different?

A: Bodybuilding and powerlifting are both put in the same category of lifestyles when looked at it from the eyes of someone outside the sport, but to the people of the sports, they know it is very different. To "them" its both about lifting weights to become more powerful and physically fit than the average man by as much as possible, to us it might be a little more like this...

Similarities- Both of the sports obviously involve putting up weights to achieve more strength and size, ultimately to become the most dominant person in the sport they are involved. They both have to change up their diets and monitor every single thing they eat to get the desired effect to their physique, whether it be size or strength. In my eyes, and a lot of others, that fairly much sums up the similarities.

Differences- To start it off, the sport of bodybuilding is all about who looks like they can lift the most weights whereas powerlifting is who CAN lift the most weights in the three main lifts ( squat, deadlift, and benchpress). To achieve these two different goals, someone on the outside might think that you do pretty much the same thing, lift a lot of weight. That is right in the fact that both bodybuilders and powerlifters lift weights, but the way they do it and the way they supplement that lifting is A LOT different.

If you are bodybuilding you might be found in the gym 3-5 times a week lifting for up to an hour and a half at weights that are slightly lower than they could lift for a 8 reps max so they can rep more around the range of 12-14, thus building up more mass while really not putting on as much strength as they could by doing more weight for less reps as powerlifters do. Powerlifters keep their rep range in the 3-6 range with longer rest so they are able to lift more weights and become stronger. Also bodybuilders go through a phase of bulking and cutting where they manipulate their caloric intake and cardiovascular training depending on the phase.

Bulking they add more calories so they are able to put on a lot of weight but they watch their fats and carbs so they don't put on too much fat. The reason that putting fat on is so important to them is because when they go into their pre-contest cutting phase, they want to be able to easily get the fat off their frames without losing any or very little muscle mass. When they are going into competition they want to have as little body fat as physically possible in order to show off their muscularity without any interference from body fat. After all, its all about how the judges see you.

Powerlifting on the other hand, the athletes are not judged at all on how they look, just on how much they can lift, so they tend to let their fats and carb intake go high because it will build more muscle. That's why they appear to be "fat". Although they seem to just let themselves go, in truth they monitor what they eat just as much as a bodybuilder does, they argue that they do even more. People who powerlift have to get all those carbs and fats and proteins, they do not want their weight to go up off fat too much or their weight class will go up and they will have to be competing against other people who might have less fat and more muscle. That would make competing a lot more difficult. As you can see, both really do have to manipulate their nutrition to get the desired effects.

Q:What are the benefits of both?

A: The benefits of both these sports is controversial. If you are a bodybuilder who lifts and eats naturally (without any form of steroids) than your nutrition and exercise are ultimately making your heart and body better. On the other side, cutting your body fat a lot to very low amounts can be dangerous to your health. It truly depends on what you are using as supplementation. It can be really healthy, or really detrimental to your health.

Powerlifting is similar, its all about what you are taking in to your body. Lifting weights, when done properly is never going to be bad for you. The only way that will happen is if you are using incorrect form and lifting weights that could injure yourself. Also it could depend on what you consider good health... If you think being able to run 20 miles without falling apart is a good measurement of fitness, then they are not really what you are looking for. But if you want a non-obese person who has a healthy heart and regularly watches their food intake and exercises, Bodybuilders and powerlifters are the epitome of health.

Q: Is there any hostility between powerlifters and bodybuilders?

A: I have never really been in the situation where it is powerlifter against bodybuilder in real life so I could not tell you. Both have goals that set them apart from everyone else in this world so they have a lot to relate about. On the other hand, I have seen a lot of online arguments about which is more important, how much you look like you can benchpress, or how much you CAN benchpress. Kind of depends on the situation.

Q: Do you incorporate powerlifting into your bodybuilding routine? How so and why?

A: Yes I am a strong believer in training like a powerlifter and eating like a bodybuilder. Of course half the time I train like a bodybuilder because its necessary if you want to tone and define your muscularity. But to switch up your routine its really a great idea. The way I usually incorporate the powerlifting routines is that every couple of months I will switch to it to shock my body into new growth, and to blast through plateaus. Powerlifting can definitely put on some major mass to your body in a short amount of time. If really demanding but the strength results are mind blowing.

So now you are wondering, well why does it matter how much you are gaining strength wise, all that matters is how much it looks like you can lift. Well when you go back to your bodybuilding routine, you are able to lift a lot more weights for your old exercises, which will shock your muscles into even more growth! The cycle goes on and on and I have never hit a plateau for very long with this and I am always gaining more strength and size!

A: Although there are many awesome benefits to powerlifting (being able to pretty much take down whoever you want at any time) I will always say that I am a bodybuilder. When a person bodybuilds, their physique is constantly getting better and when they walk around with your shirt off , the bodybuilder is always going to get more looks for the ladies than the powerlifter, even if he can kick everyone's butt! When a person is bodybuilding, they can see strength gains AND size gains that can push them through lifting and life in general with the added incentives of boosting their self esteem. Also you just cannot beat the rush of being on stage, win or lose.

ZDCisme123
    Last edited by zdcisme123; 04-16-2006 at 09:07 AM.
    Word up.

zdcisme123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zdcisme123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zdcisme123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zdcisme123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zdcisme123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zdcisme123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zdcisme123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zdcisme123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zdcisme123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zdcisme123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zdcisme123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    sorry i cant make mine fancy like everyone with the cool bullets and the colored titles. I dont have microsoft office. But if we are just going on info i guess it doesnt matter?
    Word up.

mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    How Are Bodybuilding And Powerlifting Similar And Different?

Intro

Bodybuilding and powerlifting are very similar, but very different as well. Both sports involve moving heavy iron, but the goals of the two sports are completely different.

Bodybuilders focus primarily on building muscle, losing fat, contest preparation, or simply maintaining size and strength. Powerlifters direct their attention to getting as strong as possible on the core lifts such as the deadlift, squat, and bench press.

How are bodybuilding and powerlifting both similar and different? How is the training similar and different?

Comparing bodybuilding and powerlifting is like comparing apples and oranges, but believe it or not, the two share several similarities.

When the word "bodybuilding" comes to mind, I immediately think commitment. A bodybuilder must utilize cardio, weight training, supplementation, proper recovery, and diet to fully meet his or her goals.

When the word "powerlifting" comes to mind, I immediately think of big burly men pushing heavy weight and devouring all sorts of food -- whether it be healthy or not.

With that being said, let's take a look at the similarities and differences between bodybuilding and powerlifting.

Similarities
    • Both bodybuilders and powerlifters go through a "peaking phase." This peaking phase for a bodybuilder entails that the trainee starts a "bulking" program -- where he or she eats well over caloric maintainance levels (all clean foods of course) and lifts with gut wrenching intensity.

This peaking phase is not a lifestyle, but more like a job. The main goal here for the bodybuilder is to gain as much muscle as possible!

The peaking phase for a powerlifter entails that the trainee focuses extensively on bringing up the core lifts and conditioning. During this time period, the trainee eats enormous amounts of food and lifts with gut wrenching intensity -- just as the bodybuilder does in the off season when on a "bulking" program.

• Both bodybuilders and powerlifters incorporate the principle of experimentation into their regimens. It's imperative to discover what works for you and what doesn't. For bodybuilding purposes, it's important to experiment with your nutrition and training.

• Both bodybuilders and powerlifters also incorporate the idea of sleep and recovery. Think about it -- both types of trainees are breaking down muscle fibers on a constant basis. Therefore, recovery and recuperation is key to attaining your goals.

• Both bodybuilding and powerlifting take quite a bit of mental preparation. For bodybuilders, this includes having the mental capacity to keep going and never giving up when you're practically running on an empty tank -- just 2 weeks out of a bodybuilding contest. For powerlifters, this means having the mindset to nail that 650 pound deadlift -- no matter what!

• Bodybuilders incorporate the same lifts which powerlifters perform, but use a different rep range. Bodybuilders use the bench press and squat and even the deadlift!

Differences
    • Bodybuilders train for pure size, where as powerlifters train for brute strength. Training for the powerlifter implies training in a very low rep range -- 2-4 reps and many singles is the crux of the powerlifter's routine. These reps are completed with maximal poundage and extremely long rest periods.

• Bodybuilders are more concerned with diet and concerned with appearance than powerlifters. A powerlifter clearly doesn't care about appearance, as the main goal in the sport of powerlifting is to move as much weight as possible. Proper diet either makes or breaks a bodybuilder's appearance, and that is why it is imperative for bodybuilders to make smart food choices!

• Have you ever seen a powerlifter do cardio? I didn't think so. Bodybuilders focus not only on strength training and diet, but on cardio as well. When losing fat or preparing for a contest are the goals of the trainee, cardio is absolutely key for bodybuilders!

• Bodybuilders train with "the big 3," but also train with compound movements and isolation exercises -- something powerlifters fail to do. Don't get me wrong, powerlifters do train every body part, they just do it in a different manner. They focus on full body lifts rather than several accessory lifts to target the muscles.
    Last edited by mivi320; 04-16-2006 at 04:07 PM.

mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mivi320 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What are the benefits of both?

Both powerlifting and bodybuilding have their benefits. For example, both sports teach the trainee the importance of discipline and dedication. You have to have the perseverance to hit that big squat or place within the top 3 competitors in your weight class. You have to possess the dedication to commit yourself day in and day out!

One of the biggest benefits of bodybuilding is the fact that it improves your appearance significantly. As a result, you will have more confidence and be much happier with yourself! Not to mention the fact that you'll now be attracting the opposite sex!

One of the biggest benefits of powerlifting is the fact that you will develop a much better connection with your body, as you will test your limits day in and day out of the gym by attempting heavy weights -- never second guessing yourself! As a powerlifter, you will also develop a greater sense of self confidence and perseverance!

Is there any hostility between powerlifters and bodybuilders?

Yes.

Somtimes bodybuilders often rip on powerlifters for being "overweight" and "fat." Powerlifters often rip on bodybuilders as being "pretty boys."

However, the fact of the matter is that powerlifters who diet down to take up bodybuilding often come out looking the best. Bodybuilders such as Ronnie Coleman and Johnnie Jackson were former powerlifters and just look at their physiques!

In the grand scheme of things, it is the writer's opinion that the hostility isn't as severe as it was a couple years ago. I think both sides have learned to respect each other. After all, we all share the same passion -- lifting weights!

Personally, I have a new found respect for powerlifters after I became good friends with a powerlifter who has competed locally and attends the same gym as I do. After seeing this guy train and place 1st in several local powerlifting competitions, I developed a new found respect for guys like him!

Do you incorporate powerlifting into your bodybuilding routine? How so and why?

Yes.

I incorporate the "big 3" into my bodybuilding routine and train in the low rep ranges from time to time. Doing so has enabled me to get the best of both worlds and develop my strength levels. With my increased strength levels, I also increased my mass and size as well!

I also use bench presses with chains and bands from time to time -- a typical powerlifting training method. Doing so has allowed me to create more resistance and amplify my training!

I also do box squats whenever I hit a plateau on my "bodybuilding squats" - which consist of me squatting way below parallel. Doing so has allowed me to break my plateau and has also generated some new growth in my lower body!

I truly feel as if all bodybuilders should incorporate some powerlifting methods and "the big 3" into their routines -- regardless of his or her goals. They will allow you to shock your body into growth and conclusively increase your strength, which opens the door for some wicked size gains!

What do you prefer; bodybuilding or powerlifting? Why?

Powerbuilding.

I like to describe my training style as a cross between powerlifting and bodybuilding. My main goal is training for size, but I love going into the gym and pounding out low reps with some heavy weights!

I train for brute strength (in the 2-5 rep range) on all of the core lifts and this has allowed me to increase size and strength. I got the idea of training this way from Bodybuilding.com's very own Derek Charlebois, as he uses this same method of training!

So all in all, I prefer powerbuilding as I like training for size, but have a passion for attacking some heavy weights and testing my limits!

Live life to the fullest,

Mike
    Last edited by mivi320; 04-16-2006 at 04:08 PM.

CinciBoy23 is just really nice. (+1000) CinciBoy23 is just really nice. (+1000) CinciBoy23 is just really nice. (+1000) CinciBoy23 is just really nice. (+1000) CinciBoy23 is just really nice. (+1000) CinciBoy23 is just really nice. (+1000) CinciBoy23 is just really nice. (+1000) CinciBoy23 is just really nice. (+1000) CinciBoy23 is just really nice. (+1000) CinciBoy23 is just really nice. (+1000) CinciBoy23 is just really nice. (+1000)

Smile

Here is my response.

Thanks for reading
    Attached Files
    Last edited by CinciBoy23; 04-18-2006 at 11:12 AM.
    I ain't straight outta compton, I'm straight out the trailer

cincinnati bengals fan. WHOOOO DEEYYYY

Powerlifting, Football BakesPimpRB23's Avatar
    BakesPimpRB23 is not very helpful. (-500) BakesPimpRB23 is not very helpful. (-500) BakesPimpRB23 is not very helpful. (-500) BakesPimpRB23 is not very helpful. (-500) BakesPimpRB23 is not very helpful. (-500) BakesPimpRB23 is not very helpful. (-500) BakesPimpRB23 is not very helpful. (-500) BakesPimpRB23 is not very helpful. (-500) BakesPimpRB23 is not very helpful. (-500) BakesPimpRB23 is not very helpful. (-500) BakesPimpRB23 is not very helpful. (-500)
    most powerlifters cut before a competition too... you either cut or do a quick bulk... if you are less than 5 pounds below the next weight class than you normally stay and if you are more than 5 pounds under the weight class above you then you try to cut to the lower weight class while trying to lose little if any strength... when its all said and done though, most good powerlifters that aren't in the unlimited weight class will cut down one weight class

JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by BakesPimpRB23
    most powerlifters cut before a competition too... you either cut or do a quick bulk... if you are less than 5 pounds below the next weight class than you normally stay and if you are more than 5 pounds under the weight class above you then you try to cut to the lower weight class while trying to lose little if any strength... when its all said and done though, most good powerlifters that aren't in the unlimited weight class will cut down one weight class
    That's not necessarily true. I know many powerlifters who perfer to lift in certain classes, not always the class below them. But, there is some body weight manipulation that goes on, you're correct.

Aussie LTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aussie LTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aussie LTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aussie LTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aussie LTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aussie LTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aussie LTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aussie LTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aussie LTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aussie LTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aussie LTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i disagree with mivis comment that powerlifters always end up looking better than bodybuilders when they cut down.

Sure, powerlifters end up with a more hulky look, but they don't have better physiques.

I guarentee if u put a cut-powerlifter on stage next to a cut-bodybuilder, the powerlifter would have little chance of winning.

Aussie LTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aussie LTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aussie LTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aussie LTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aussie LTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aussie LTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aussie LTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aussie LTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aussie LTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aussie LTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aussie LTD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by zdcisme123
    sorry i cant make mine fancy like everyone with the cool bullets and the colored titles. I dont have microsoft office. But if we are just going on info i guess it doesnt matter?

Fancy colors AND a bullet
    Last edited by Aussie LTD; 04-19-2006 at 07:51 AM.

for some reason the edit option wasnt there anymore?

Q:How are bodybuilding and powerlifting both similar and different? How is the training similar and different?
    • A: Bodybuilding and powerlifting are both put in the same category of lifestyles when looked at it from the eyes of someone outside the sport, but to the people of the sports, they know it is very different. To "them" its both about lifting weights to become more powerful and physically fit than the average man by as much as possible, to us it might be a little more like this...

Similarities- Both of the sports obviously involve putting up weights to achieve more strength and size, ultimately to become the most dominant person in the sport they are involved. They both have to change up their diets and monitor every single thing they eat to get the desired effect to their physique, whether it be size or strength. In my eyes, and a lot of others, that fairly much sums up the similarities.

Differences- To start it off, the sport of bodybuilding is all about who looks like they can lift the most weights whereas powerlifting is who CAN lift the most weights in the three main lifts ( squat, deadlift, and benchpress). To achieve these two different goals, someone on the outside might think that you do pretty much the same thing, lift a lot of weight. That is right in the fact that both bodybuilders and powerlifters lift weights, but the way they do it and the way they supplement that lifting is A LOT different.

If you are bodybuilding you might be found in the gym 3-5 times a week lifting for up to an hour and a half at weights that are slightly lower than they could lift for a 8 reps max so they can rep more around the range of 12-14, thus building up more mass while really not putting on as much strength as they could by doing more weight for less reps as powerlifters do. Powerlifters keep their rep range in the 3-6 range with longer rest so they are able to lift more weights and become stronger. Also bodybuilders go through a phase of bulking and cutting where they manipulate their caloric intake and cardiovascular training depending on the phase.

Bulking they add more calories so they are able to put on a lot of weight but they watch their fats and carbs so they don't put on too much fat. The reason that putting fat on is so important to them is because when they go into their pre-contest cutting phase, they want to be able to easily get the fat off their frames without losing any or very little muscle mass. When they are going into competition they want to have as little body fat as physically possible in order to show off their muscularity without any interference from body fat. After all, its all about how the judges see you.

Powerlifting on the other hand, the athletes are not judged at all on how they look, just on how much they can lift, so they tend to let their fats and carb intake go high because it will build more muscle. That's why they appear to be "fat". Although they seem to just let themselves go, in truth they monitor what they eat just as much as a bodybuilder does, they argue that they do even more. People who powerlift have to get all those carbs and fats and proteins, they do not want their weight to go up off fat too much or their weight class will go up and they will have to be competing against other people who might have less fat and more muscle. That would make competing a lot more difficult. As you can see, both really do have to manipulate their nutrition to get the desired effects.

Q:What are the benefits of both?

A: The benefits of both these sports is controversial. If you are a bodybuilder who lifts and eats naturally (without any form of steroids) than your nutrition and exercise are ultimately making your heart and body better. On the other side, cutting your body fat a lot to very low amounts can be dangerous to your health. It truly depends on what you are using as supplementation. It can be really healthy, or really detrimental to your health.

Powerlifting is similar, its all about what you are taking in to your body. Lifting weights, when done properly is never going to be bad for you. The only way that will happen is if you are using incorrect form and lifting weights that could injure yourself. Also it could depend on what you consider good health... If you think being able to run 20 miles without falling apart is a good measurement of fitness, then they are not really what you are looking for. But if you want a non-obese person who has a healthy heart and regularly watches their food intake and exercises, Bodybuilders and powerlifters are the epitome of health.

Q: Is there any hostility between powerlifters and bodybuilders?

A: I have never really been in the situation where it is powerlifter against bodybuilder in real life so I could not tell you. Both have goals that set them apart from everyone else in this world so they have a lot to relate about. On the other hand, I have seen a lot of online arguments about which is more important, how much you look like you can benchpress, or how much you CAN benchpress. Kind of depends on the situation.

Q: Do you incorporate powerlifting into your bodybuilding routine? How so and why?

A: Yes I am a strong believer in training like a powerlifter and eating like a bodybuilder. Of course half the time I train like a bodybuilder because its necessary if you want to tone and define your muscularity. But to switch up your routine its really a great idea. The way I usually incorporate the powerlifting routines is that every couple of months I will switch to it to shock my body into new growth, and to blast through plateaus. Powerlifting can definitely put on some major mass to your body in a short amount of time. If really demanding but the strength results are mind blowing.

So now you are wondering, well why does it matter how much you are gaining strength wise, all that matters is how much it looks like you can lift. Well when you go back to your bodybuilding routine, you are able to lift a lot more weights for your old exercises, which will shock your muscles into even more growth! The cycle goes on and on and I have never hit a plateau for very long with this and I am always gaining more strength and size!

A: Although there are many awesome benefits to powerlifting (being able to pretty much take down whoever you want at any time) I will always say that I am a bodybuilder. When a person bodybuilds, their physique is constantly getting better and when they walk around with your shirt off , the bodybuilder is always going to get more looks for the ladies than the powerlifter, even if he can kick everyone's butt! When a person is bodybuilding, they can see strength gains AND size gains that can push them through lifting and life in general with the added incentives of boosting their self esteem. Also you just cannot beat the rush of being on stage, win or lose.

ZDCisme123
    Word up.

thats the best i could get it lol still better than before..
    Word up.

thats the best i could get it lol still better than before..
    you might wanna delete your first one

ok like you know how it says "edit" well its there on all my posts except that one.. its not even there...

thats how it shows up...
    Attached Images
    Last edited by zdcisme123; 04-19-2006 at 01:41 PM.
    Word up.

ok like you know how it says "edit" well its there on all my posts except that one.. its not even there...

thats how it shows up...
    oh yea... i dont think u can after one day of posting... i wouldn't worry about it too much. That sort isn't life or death
    Last edited by Aussie LTD; 04-19-2006 at 01:46 PM.

crazythunder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crazythunder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crazythunder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crazythunder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crazythunder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crazythunder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crazythunder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crazythunder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if you think cut powerlifters can't compete, you might want to think again.
    Attached Images

so its officailly over? How do we find out who wins?
    Word up.

so its officailly over? How do we find out who wins?
    It takes a couple of days or so.
    Also-bullets and fancy stuff do not make a difference. The articles are judges on content.
    Hang tight.

oh alrighty thanks
    Word up.

How did I not even place?

how do you know?
    Word up.

Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Cheers

The Winners:

1. mivi320 View Profile
    2. CinciBoy23 View Profile
    3. zdcisme123 View Profile

Prizes:
    1st place - 75 in store credit.
    2nd place - 50 in store credit.
    3rd place - 25 in store credit.

Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Stonecoldtruth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by JC-orginalbdass
    How did I not even place?
    Review Of Other Articles
    Or "Why Wasn't Mine Picked?"

JC-orginalbdass

Pro's

* Generally well written and nice flowing conversational style.

Con's

* Some of the paragraphs would have been more readable if broken down into two or more sections.

Comments: An informative and interesting read. Some fine tuning on the delivery side may make this writer a tough contender in future efforts.

Making the work more pleasant to read and having something to set your submission apart from the pack sometimes help an article chance of being accepted.

Read your work out loud. If you pause in the middle of a paragraph, ask yourself if you are "changing gears". If you are pausing to shift subjects, another paragraph is usually a good idea.

When you are deciding what you would like you purchase from the store with the credits you won, you include shipping right? That may be a stupid question but i had to make sure

EDIT:// nevermind
    Last edited by zdcisme123; 04-22-2006 at 08:36 AM.
    Word up.

KPOW1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KPOW1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KPOW1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KPOW1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KPOW1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KPOW1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KPOW1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KPOW1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KPOW1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KPOW1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KPOW1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Body Building and Power Lifting are quite similar...they are both garbage, and have no benefits. The only way to get a workout is by Olympic Weightlifting, and building functional muscle

Arratoportupt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

unspecific

virtualcazinoz com]casino casinolasvegass com]casinos playatonlinecasinos com]casino casinoonlinebrazil com]cassino onlinecasino3 nl]online casinos playatonlinecasinos com/casino-games html]pokies

Insiplensig has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Insiplensig has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Insiplensig has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Insiplensig has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Insiplensig has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Insiplensig has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Insiplensig has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Insiplensig has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Insiplensig has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Insiplensig has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Insiplensig has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

******** no prescription online pharmacy

********noprescriptiononlinepharmacy name/]******** no prescription online pharmacy
    ********noprescriptiononlinepharmacy name/ ******** no prescription online pharmacy

Insiplensig has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Insiplensig has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Insiplensig has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Insiplensig has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Insiplensig has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Insiplensig has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Insiplensig has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Insiplensig has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Insiplensig has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Insiplensig has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Insiplensig has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

******** no prescription online pharmacy

********noprescriptiononlinepharmacy name/]******** no prescription online pharmacy
    ********noprescriptiononlinepharmacy name/ ******** no prescription online pharmacy