Registered User wreckin machine's Avatar
    wreckin machine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

carbs were my setback?

I've been stuck at the same weight, strength for about a year. I've tried all sorts of training and after finally looking over it all, I hope its been my post workoput nutrition. I'd usually have a glass of o.j, 3 eggs, and 2 pieces of bread (plus 40 gr protien in a shake) Now after reading, it seems I'm far lagging. I weigh 285, so how many carbs do I need Right after the workout and how many do I need an hour later. I hear so many different stories. Do you guys believe this has been my problem?
    She hates me.......like others ........FRANKENSTIEN

Cardinal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cardinal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cardinal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cardinal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cardinal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cardinal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cardinal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cardinal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cardinal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cardinal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cardinal has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If you have stayed at the same weight for a year, then total calories are your problem. Eat more food daily until the scale starts moving in the direction you want it to. Postworkout nutrition is a small but important part of total nutrition. If you are looking for a range of carbs after intense workout maybe try .4 or .5 grams/lb bodyweight high glycemic carbs + somewhere around 30-50 grams whey. Mix whey and a 50/50 mix maltodextrin/dextrose with water. Drink.

Unless you are at a lean 285, might I suggest cutting first before bulking up again. If you are lean, disregard and congrats. It is hard for me to judge b/c I don't know much about you from your post.

You say you have tried all sorts of training over the last year and noticed little strength gain. Have you tried Westside Barbell training? My guess is you are simply overtraining based on many factors.

1) You may not be eating enough
    2) You might not have had 8 hrs + sleep/night all year
    3) Near 100 percent chance your weight routine itself is too high in volume/intensity to allow for proper recovery. Post your workout in the workout section if you think you might be overdoing it.
    Our kind has never been seen before.
    And when the last of us are gone,
    We will never be seen again.
    Because there is a secret behind our creation,
    And secrets like this only come around once.

pounder will become famous soon enough. (+50) pounder will become famous soon enough. (+50) pounder will become famous soon enough. (+50) pounder will become famous soon enough. (+50) pounder will become famous soon enough. (+50) pounder will become famous soon enough. (+50) pounder will become famous soon enough. (+50) pounder will become famous soon enough. (+50) pounder will become famous soon enough. (+50) pounder will become famous soon enough. (+50) pounder will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeah, it's hard to tell what might be your problem. Maybe post an overview of your diet - how many meals a day - how many g of protein and all that.

For me, my biggest problem was taking in enough protein. For bulking, I have to take in something like 400g of protein a day, or I just don't gain. I agree on the overtraining/sleep too.

Another thing you might consider is just taking in as many calories and as much protein as possible and quit trying to make it clean. Get strong, fat and disgusting and then cut back down.

Registered User wreckin machine's Avatar
    wreckin machine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the reply. I am trying to lose weight now. By no means am I a lean 285, not fat, the typical "bouncer" look. I'm 6'2. I take in 300 grams total a day of protien, sleep 7-8 hrs a day, and my typical chest workout is incline 3x8, dumbell 3x8, flys 3x8 and flat bench 3x8. I tried higher volume, I tried low volume hit, (5 sets total) and nothing. I train very hard and believe in the core lifts. My deadlift is 515x8 but been like that for 2 years. I'm ready to give up as I feel I have good genetics, just cant figure out what the problem is. I wanna hire mikw francios as a personal consultant to push me through this
    She hates me.......like others ........FRANKENSTIEN