RiPPEDTiDE is just really nice. (+1000) RiPPEDTiDE is just really nice. (+1000) RiPPEDTiDE is just really nice. (+1000) RiPPEDTiDE is just really nice. (+1000) RiPPEDTiDE is just really nice. (+1000) RiPPEDTiDE is just really nice. (+1000) RiPPEDTiDE is just really nice. (+1000) RiPPEDTiDE is just really nice. (+1000) RiPPEDTiDE is just really nice. (+1000) RiPPEDTiDE is just really nice. (+1000) RiPPEDTiDE is just really nice. (+1000)

Squatting with a boad under your feet?

I've seen alot of people put their heels up ontop a board to elevate their heels doing squats but i always try not to lean forward and shift the weight back to my heels so wouldn't the board throw you forward just a bit? Anyhow what is the basis for this technique, anyone do it?
    \in*ten*si*ty\ - Exceptionally great concentration, power, or force.
    see also: KAMEHAMEHA!!!

H.V.T. - High Volume Training!

CQ_Demolishers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: Squatting with a boad under your feet?

Originally posted by RiPPEDTiDE
    I've seen alot of people put their heels up ontop a board to elevate their heels doing squats but i always try not to lean forward and shift the weight back to my heels so wouldn't the board throw you forward just a bit? Anyhow what is the basis for this technique, anyone do it?

I think it's only wise to use a board if your on a Smithmachine..
    also its not necessary ?? flip your heels..[that would be a calf raise..].....
    Better to be thought of as a fool then to speak up and remove all doubt.

As you are now, I once was.
    As I am now, you'll never be

Proud partner of MODESTMUSCLE'S Secret Society of Elite People's.

ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000)
    i do them both ways with different stance widths

the board enables you go deeper with a wide stance, more glutes,
    or target the quads more with a narrow stance

popular with BB, not with PL
    "i just might fade into Bolivian" ~ MIKE TYSON

Train smarter not harder amusclehead's Avatar
    amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i did it with hack squatting, but not regular squatting
    Booo

John Henry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Don't ever do it. people do it because they aren't flexible enough to keep their heels down. Work on the flexibility of your hamstrings and calves.

ironjayc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I used to squat with a broad under my feet, but over time the movement became more natural and I could balance alot easier without one. I now use a weight belt every time, and I have had no problems at all with my barbell squats for the past 6 months or so.
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man.

teccus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teccus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Its not to do with flexibility. When you squat you are meant to keep your back straight and having an angled foot makes this easier for when you use heavier weights. This is why professional weight lifters have special shoes with a higher angle at the back.

RiPPEDTiDE is just really nice. (+1000) RiPPEDTiDE is just really nice. (+1000) RiPPEDTiDE is just really nice. (+1000) RiPPEDTiDE is just really nice. (+1000) RiPPEDTiDE is just really nice. (+1000) RiPPEDTiDE is just really nice. (+1000) RiPPEDTiDE is just really nice. (+1000) RiPPEDTiDE is just really nice. (+1000) RiPPEDTiDE is just really nice. (+1000) RiPPEDTiDE is just really nice. (+1000) RiPPEDTiDE is just really nice. (+1000)
    yeah i use to think that IFBBer's would work out in overall and work boots just cause they're that damn big, but then i read that they use work boots cause they have an elevated heel and good ankle support, i hope i get big enough one day that i can wear stupid clothes to workout in like the pro's haha, spandex shorts and work boots and a camo bandana.
    \in*ten*si*ty\ - Exceptionally great concentration, power, or force.
    see also: KAMEHAMEHA!!!

H.V.T. - High Volume Training!

Originally posted by teccus
    Its not to do with flexibility. When you squat you are meant to keep your back straight and having an angled foot makes this easier for when you use heavier weights. This is why professional weight lifters have special shoes with a higher angle at the back.
    yes it is all about flexibility. Ask any Oly lifter
    Attached Images

Or this guy
    Attached Images

maybe this weakling.
    Attached Images

teccus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) teccus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I did, thats where I got my information from, I didn't just randomly post crap.

Those pictures don't prove you point do they?

Originally posted by teccus
    I did, thats where I got my information from, I didn't just randomly post crap.

Those pictures don't prove you point do they?
    Yes they do, because most poeple can't get that low at all without raising the heels or rounding the back. Go to asian countries where poeple squat in everyday life. They have no problems. If you still don't believe me, ask trainers like Ian King, Charles Poliquin, Jay Trigg, or any NFL team trainer.
    Last edited by John Henry; 11-27-2002 at 10:07 AM.

Yes they can, they are professionals who do strech!

ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by John Henry
    Don't ever do it. people do it because they aren't flexible enough to keep their heels down. Work on the flexibility of your hamstrings and calves.
    for me it's not about flexability
    it's about feel

the board feels very different
    it's a change, i'm a glute/ham
    squatter without the board

with the board i can pull in my quads much easier, thats why BB use them

Originally posted by ROCK CRUSHER
    for me it's not about flexability
    it's about feel

the board feels very different
    it's a change, i'm a glute/ham
    squatter without the board

with the board i can pull in my quads much easier, thats why BB use them
    Then you'll walk around with tight hams the rest of your life. But if you stretch and do full squats that won't be the case.

hey i'm a "deepsquatter" ass to calves without the board

with the board it almost "ass to ground" with a normal stance

it gets those few untouched virgin ass/ham muscle fibers!

works for me