kaware3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Difference between Protein Powder and Milk ?

Hello, Is there a big difference of getting the protein i need after the workout from a protein powder or a bottle of milk? [ same protein amount ]

30g of protein from a bottle of milk costs ALOT less than one 30g serving of protein powder.

The advantage of protein powder over chicken and egg is that protein is delivered to muscle-tissue quickly since its the protein powder is a liquid, but milk is a liquid also....

maybe the number of amino-acids contained in the protein powder is more? Please inform me if you know.

Thanks

GoldenEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There are different types of protein based on where the come from and digestion time. Milk is primarly casein protein which takes time to digest. Most protein powders are whey protein which digest very quickly. Whey is prefered because it gets to the muscles quickly to repair them thus making them grow. Casein is great before bed because it forms a gel in the stomach and releases slowly so the muscles are fed throughout the duration of the night. Whey is much better post workout, Optimum 100% is a very cheap powder, 77 servings for $25 and is of the highest quality. Check into it.

Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000)

Re: Difference between Protein Powder and Milk ?

Originally posted by kaware3
    Hello, Is there a big difference of getting the protein i need after the workout from a protein powder or a bottle of milk? [ same protein amount ]

30g of protein from a bottle of milk costs ALOT less than one 30g serving of protein powder.

The advantage of protein powder over chicken and egg is that protein is delivered to muscle-tissue quickly since its the protein powder is a liquid, but milk is a liquid also....

maybe the number of amino-acids contained in the protein powder is more? Please inform me if you know.

Thanks
    There are so many differences between protein powder and milk. Plus pure whey is less than $.50 per serving. I don't know how cheap you get your milk but its a damn good deal post workout.
    Don't Support Companies that are suing me!!

Lonny says
    "Supplement your weakness"