bussey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bussey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bussey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bussey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bussey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bussey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bussey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bussey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bussey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bussey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bussey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

military physique

i know that mmost you guys are bodybuilders but say i just wanna get cut like somebody in the military would pushups and situps work. and running ofcourse. thanks

K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by bussey
    i know that mmost you guys are bodybuilders but say i just wanna get cut like somebody in the military would pushups and situps work. and running ofcourse. thanks
    Well...do pushups, situps, and...run of course. You answered your own question.
    A king may move a man, a father may claim a son. But remember that, even when those who move you be kings or men of power, your soul is in your keeping alone. When you stand before God you cannot say "but I was told by others to do thus" or that "virtue was not convenient at the time." This will not suffice. Remember that.

Inuendo? In HER end Oh! PickItUp's Avatar
    PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000)

What about pull-ups?

Add some pull-ups and I think you have a well rounded workout.

adidamps2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adidamps2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adidamps2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adidamps2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adidamps2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adidamps2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adidamps2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adidamps2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adidamps2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adidamps2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adidamps2 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by bussey
    most guys in the miltary aren't cut...i have been in 2 differnt miltary branches and few if any guys are built or cut. most are over wt or pushing the military standard for their wt limit. there are exceptions to this of course..but the guys that are cut or built arent getting that way from push ups and sit ups, they do every day bb style routines like everybody else. only differnce is they also have to do 1-1 1/2hr of cardio/body wt exercises ie. push-ups sit ups and/or run everyday too for PT.
    Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici.

Doblin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Doblin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Doblin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Doblin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Doblin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Curious what two branches were you in?
    Doblin 6'4 about 190 pounds

Bench about 185
    curl about 60

goal before leaving for Camp Pendelton in july

bench 230
    curl 70
    try to get to 10% body fat

adidamps2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adidamps2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adidamps2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adidamps2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adidamps2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adidamps2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adidamps2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adidamps2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adidamps2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adidamps2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adidamps2 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Doblin
    Curious what two branches were you in?
    my 1st service was the Army i did 4 yrs as an amor crewman on the m1a1.(and most tankers are ummm err husky would be a nice word to use..lol)dont get me wrong there are some lean guys in the army..esp rangers and SF guys, but the typical grunt and everyday office pukes are not.
    now i am serving in the coast guard i have completed one yr of a 4 yr contract so far. and let me tell you these guys here in the CG are in worst shape, mainly due to fact that PT is not mandatory and very few Rates(jobs) require PT tests.

Doblin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Doblin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Doblin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Doblin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Doblin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yea, most guys from my recruting office our in great shape, seems to me that alot of it is from the cardio though.

Bench about 185
    curl about 60

bench 230
    curl 70

joeyv821 is a name known to all. (+5000) joeyv821 is a name known to all. (+5000) joeyv821 is a name known to all. (+5000) joeyv821 is a name known to all. (+5000) joeyv821 is a name known to all. (+5000) joeyv821 is a name known to all. (+5000) joeyv821 is a name known to all. (+5000) joeyv821 is a name known to all. (+5000) joeyv821 is a name known to all. (+5000) joeyv821 is a name known to all. (+5000) joeyv821 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Talking

Most of the people in the military i know (marines) that are cut up are skinny as hell, which is not the case with most marines that i know. Quite a few of my family members are in the marine reserves, 2 which are in africa right now til the end of the year, and they usually are over weight and try to cut down before they have to go in for a check up. There are a few that we know when we have get togethers that are bulked up, most of them do it in the time they are not active, or when they are at home, i do know alot of marines that have gotten out, that really hit the gym hard after and build great bodies. But my conclusion is that if you want a body of a person in the military (being sarcastic here) eat MRE's, do push ups, sit ups, climb ropes, carry people over your shoulder, climb nets, jump fences, and if you want to be a marine, get in the **** before everyone else, wait, wait, wait some more til all the other military branches arrive, go in first, wait wait wait wait, do all the dirty work, see all the other miltary off, then wait wait wait, then go home. Ahahaha. BTW this is what you hear all the time when you have family in the marines, and its made not to make marines look bad, as thats most of my family. And definatly not made to say that other branches dont work just as hard, because we all know they bust there asses too, just made to joke around a little. Later guys and gals.

P.S. I know alot of guys will try to bash on me, saying that im bashing on the people in my family, and in the military but its far from it, i have heard reasons not to go in, besides pride for serving my country mostly. The reason i didnt is to pursue a career in computer science. I learned to cover my ass on there boards, hehe.

Joey

Yea, most guys from my recruting office our in great shape, seems to me that alot of it is from the cardio though.
    true most is from cardio, plus your going marines those guys love PT(yes that was a blanket generalization of jarheads...lol)..also its hard to sell a service to young kid if your recruiter is 5'6 and 300lbs...so most recruiters stay in shape. hell the AF rectuiter i had, held several amiture BB trophies in a few differnt states.

interesting opinion, mine would be the reason you hear lot and i mean ALOT of people bitch about the marines. Is the simple fact that alot of people that go into the Marines never whanted to in the 1st place. you have to have a lifetime of motivation in order to succed with a smile on your face. Im lifting as hard as i can till july 10 then boot will give me the cut i whant!

Bench about 185
    curl about 60

bench 230
    curl 70

interesting opinion, mine would be the reason you hear lot and i mean ALOT of people bitch about the marines. Is the simple fact that alot of people that go into the Marines never whanted to in the 1st place. you have to have a lifetime of motivation in order to succed with a smile on your face. Im lifting as hard as i can till july 10 then boot will give me the cut i whant!
    good luck man..serve well and proud.

KMA_2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KMA_2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KMA_2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KMA_2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KMA_2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KMA_2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KMA_2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KMA_2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I dont know what goes on in the US but in the Israeli milatry most of the fighters are skinny as hell excpet a few "geneticly superior" people....half my friend are drafetd and not 1 gained weight or anything in the service they did got a much better shape than before but not much overall muscle mass...and that is what I fear of...my draf is in a few months and I'm worried that every thing that I try to accomplish ..all the hard work will go to waste...(the reason - you dont get 6 meals a day when your crawling for a week in hostile territory---KMArabs!!)
    George S. Patton
    "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
    He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his."

"שמע ישראל"
    the last words of a dying MAN

joeyv821 is a name known to all. (+5000) joeyv821 is a name known to all. (+5000) joeyv821 is a name known to all. (+5000) joeyv821 is a name known to all. (+5000) joeyv821 is a name known to all. (+5000) joeyv821 is a name known to all. (+5000) joeyv821 is a name known to all. (+5000) joeyv821 is a name known to all. (+5000) joeyv821 is a name known to all. (+5000) joeyv821 is a name known to all. (+5000) joeyv821 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by KMA_2
    I dont know what goes on in the US but in the Israeli milatry most of the fighters are skinny as hell excpet a few "geneticly superior" people....half my friend are drafetd and not 1 gained weight or anything in the service they did got a much better shape than before but not much overall muscle mass...and that is what I fear of...my draf is in a few months and I'm worried that every thing that I try to accomplish ..all the hard work will go to waste...(the reason - you dont get 6 meals a day when your crawling for a week in hostile territory---KMArabs!!)
    This is quite true from what i have seen from the USMC (United States Marine Core) As a few of my immediate family who have gone straight from HS football (my family all are pretty big, all taller than 6 foot and a in shape 200 lbs) and being huge and old looking for high school to basic training(aka Boot Camp), when they come back they look like 15 year old skinny girls, of course who can run a mile in like a min, haha. and have the endurance of a god (again, i am not really refering to anyones god, from any religion).

Ruger.22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ruger.22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ruger.22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ruger.22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ruger.22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ruger.22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ruger.22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ruger.22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ruger.22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ruger.22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ruger.22 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    So they don't allow buff guys into the military?

Originally Posted by Ruger.22
    No they definatly do, but the thing is, you have to meet requirements, and just because your 10%bf, if your overweight, it could come up as an issue. Alot of the things required for some branches of the military cannot be done by a huge guy, i bet they dont have flight suits for isntance in the air force that would fit alot of guys that post on this board. But for the most part, its no problem at all to be very musclar and in the military.

I just don't know anymore MoGeaYuglay's Avatar
    MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Ruger.22
    NOPE, just weaklings
    If you think you can, you will.
    If you think you can't, you're right.

GriT- is not very well liked. (-100) GriT- is not very well liked. (-100) GriT- is not very well liked. (-100) GriT- is not very well liked. (-100) GriT- is not very well liked. (-100) GriT- is not very well liked. (-100) GriT- is not very well liked. (-100) GriT- is not very well liked. (-100) GriT- is not very well liked. (-100) GriT- is not very well liked. (-100) GriT- is not very well liked. (-100)
    I have never seen a Marine out of shape..and don't think there ever will be. Unless a vet of some sort.

Semper Fi

Originally Posted by GriT-
    I have never seen a Marine out of shape..and don't think there ever will be. Unless a vet of some sort.

Semper Fi
    Haha, you should see my brother after being home for a month, puts on like 20 lbs of fat no joke. But he can drop it like no other. I see alot of people gain weight when they first come home, when they can eat and sleep all day, but they can drop it so fast because the condition there body is usually in.

alot of the reason there skinny when they came back from boot is bc there isnt a whole lot of muscle mass on a civilian before they leave anyways, unless they bodybuild which very few do

Bench about 185
    curl about 60

bench 230
    curl 70

lift big eat big get big das56170's Avatar
    das56170 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) das56170 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) das56170 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) das56170 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) das56170 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) das56170 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) das56170 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) das56170 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) das56170 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) das56170 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) das56170 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been in the Marines for almost 8 years. For the most part we're in pretty good shape, but its like anything else in life....There's people who are in the gym all day and are huge and people who are skinny and run all day...Most Marines are somewhere in the middle. Its just hard to put on weight when your running 3 to 4 days a week. The military is a big place and it definatly varies from unit to unit how hard and frequent the PT is going to be, but its impossible to make a general statement like all marines are in great shape or all marines are huge, or all marines are skinny from all the running. I will say however, that all marines are in a lot better shape than they would have been if they had never joined.
    In the final arena there will be no judges, only witnesses to my greatness

Rep to you great genralization

Bench about 185
    curl about 60

bench 230
    curl 70

Originally Posted by das56170
    I've been in the Marines for almost 8 years. For the most part we're in pretty good shape, but its like anything else in life....There's people who are in the gym all day and are huge and people who are skinny and run all day...Most Marines are somewhere in the middle. Its just hard to put on weight when your running 3 to 4 days a week. The military is a big place and it definatly varies from unit to unit how hard and frequent the PT is going to be, but its impossible to make a general statement like all marines are in great shape or all marines are huge, or all marines are skinny from all the running. I will say however, that all marines are in a lot better shape than they would have been if they had never joined.
    I have major respect for Marines, comming from a family of generations of marines. And I completly agree with your statements, but one thing i kinda am eh about is when you say ALL marines are in a lot better shape than they would have been if they had never joined, I will say that endurance, tatics, and alot of other things are definatly improved but it all depends on what you consider in shape to be. My brother went in being able to lift at the top of his class, and was very fit, and when he came back, the one thing i heard him say alot, was he was dissapointed that he lost all of his mass, granted you were right in he was possibly more "Healthy" but he actually liked how he was before he went in rather than when he came out.

LornMalvo is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Food...?

Alot of folks here talking about marines, not sure what it's like in American forced but I know for a fact with the British squaddies the quality of food isn't really the best, so I figure this will certainly impact any gains.

The food tends to be cheap and high carbs. I recall seeing what food the Japanese forces served on a warship and it's practically gourmet by comparison, alot more good green things and lean proteins.

Montymaginn is a complete loser! (-2000) Montymaginn is a complete loser! (-2000) Montymaginn is a complete loser! (-2000) Montymaginn is a complete loser! (-2000) Montymaginn is a complete loser! (-2000) Montymaginn is a complete loser! (-2000) Montymaginn is a complete loser! (-2000) Montymaginn is a complete loser! (-2000) Montymaginn is a complete loser! (-2000) Montymaginn is a complete loser! (-2000) Montymaginn is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by bussey View Post
    id mix these excercises with lots of pull ups, and possibly even bench press and deadlifts to build a solid core. All depends on your preferences.