BloodandGuts02 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

carb load simple or complex carbs?

I've been carb loading once a week. Should take in any
    simple carbs on this day? Or will it be counter productive
    for cutting. I've been just uping my oatmeal and brown rice
    on that day and slightly lowering my protein. Should I take
    in any simple carbs?
    Lets get nasty Yates!!!!!!!!

From blood and guts the video

Iron-T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Iron-T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Iron-T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Iron-T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Iron-T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Iron-T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Iron-T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Iron-T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Iron-T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Iron-T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Iron-T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I would focus on complex carbs ( oatmeal, whole grain pasta, yams, brown rice, oat bran ) !! The only time I'd recommend simple carbs is right after your workout, to replenish glycogen stores, aid recovery and spare protein. This won't interfere with your cutting.
    Build Strength, Build Health, Build Life !

musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000)
    Complex carbs are the way to go. The most common sources (and best) are sweet potatoes and oatmeal.

Twin Peak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Twin Peak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Twin Peak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Twin Peak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Twin Peak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Twin Peak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Twin Peak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Twin Peak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Twin Peak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Twin Peak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Twin Peak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Assuming you are eating very low carbs the rest of the week studies have shown that a good way to start your carb up is with simple carbs working your way into more complex.

Lyle has advocated this.

Besides, if you are doing a proper carb up, you should be consuming at least 4-500g of carbs (and very little fats). I'd like to see anyone eat 500g of carbs of oats and yams.

Thirdly, part of the carb up (in my opinion) is to keep your sanity and keep you on the cut. Adding a few more pleasurable carbs on this one day will go a long way in this regard and do little to add fat.
    DS and ID Mag, 'nuff said. For now.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Carbs on a carb-up ????????

Who woulda thunk it. LOL

Yes, Complex should be the main sources.

-Alex- is just really nice. (+1000) -Alex- is just really nice. (+1000) -Alex- is just really nice. (+1000) -Alex- is just really nice. (+1000) -Alex- is just really nice. (+1000) -Alex- is just really nice. (+1000) -Alex- is just really nice. (+1000) -Alex- is just really nice. (+1000) -Alex- is just really nice. (+1000) -Alex- is just really nice. (+1000) -Alex- is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: Carbs on a carb-up ????????

Originally posted by Chi_town
    Who woulda thunk it. LOL

Yes, Complex should be the main sources.
    not if you are doing a ckd, then you should have high GI carbs all day.
    dedication is what the outside world calls obsession, to me it is an obsession - p0w3rlift3r

bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Re: Re: Carbs on a carb-up ????????

Originally posted by -Alex-
    not if you are doing a ckd, then you should have high GI carbs all day.
    NO ****!!!????
    "Bad habits are like a comfortable bed, easy to get into, but hard to get out of." - Anonimus -
    "My mind is like a General. And my body's like an Army." - Herschel Walker -
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity...

Recovery is key. Massages, epsom salts baths, foam rolling, sleep masks, contrast showers, it all adds up. Get a foam roller, The Stick, a tennis/baseball, use them and stay healthy, pain and injury free.