johnjok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

protein bars vs. shakes

The protein shakes I've tried don't agree with my stomach. I was cursed with a bad stomach. How to protien bars compare? Is there a particular bar that is recommended? Thanks.

GuyinLA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Before abandoning shakes, switch to water to mix the shake if you are using milk - you could be lactose intolerant. If that isn't the problem: take a ginger root supplement prior to ingesting the shake. Ginger is a digestive aid and has helped me a great deal. I get mine from anabolicfitness.com. Shakes are really preferable to protein bars - I think most would agree.

YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by GuyinLA
    Shakes are really preferable to protein bars - I think most would agree.
    I would.

liquidjet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What kind of protein shakes have you tried ?

Vin Unleaded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vin Unleaded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vin Unleaded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vin Unleaded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vin Unleaded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vin Unleaded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vin Unleaded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vin Unleaded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vin Unleaded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exactly

Which shakes? I get sick on Isopure, but can tolerate Pro Lab Lean Mass Matrix, as it doesnt have Maltodextrim, Aspartane, Acesulfane, and some other stuff.
    Use water, I NEVER use milk or drink it because it gives me the poops.
    Eat, sleep, lift...what else is there?

BRTStark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bars are a waste of money. They are hard to digest.

Iron-T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Iron-T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Iron-T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Iron-T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Iron-T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Iron-T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Iron-T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Iron-T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Iron-T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Iron-T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Iron-T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Definetly shakes !
    I think some of the bars out there are nothing but 'glorified' candy bars...it's real easy to fall in a trap if you don't read the fine print...lots of them are loaded with sugars, additives and trans fats...
    some of them are okay when you are on the road ( on a plane, runnig errands, stuck in a car..etc ) as emergency food..I use them only for that...
    Myoplex Low Carb or the Pure Protein Bar. Better then starving.
    Build Strength, Build Health, Build Life !

EVAS@NYC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

LOL @ BARS ARE A WASTE OF MONEY

yea, I do agree..

but you can't say that to BIOTEST'S GROW BAR? The PB and Lemon are off the HOOK!

LOVE'EM high in sugar? Heck, I got a fast metabolism. Don't give a **** !

GuyinLA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I agree one should always opt for shakes. Protein bars, however, are very convenient and sometimes it isn't practical to mix a shake (especially when traveling). If it is a good protein bar, it is certainly way preferable over a candy bar and can be a decent meal substitute. I choose LaBrada Lean Body bars (they taste great and are of high quality) and usually eat one mid-morning at work. There are nutritious protein bars out there but, agreed, many if not most are bad. You must be sure the protein is quality (i.e. not gelatin or collagen) and the sugar must be minimal. I do think protein bars have their place but cannot be overly relied upon - maybe one a day at most. Just my opinion.

Kimchi604 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kimchi604 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kimchi604 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kimchi604 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kimchi604 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kimchi604 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kimchi604 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kimchi604 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kimchi604 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kimchi604 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kimchi604 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Talking

i was hooked on bars for a while and abused it.. actually got fat off it haha

im lactose intolerant.. i take 100% whey protein with 1% milk.. it works fine with me.. or taking it with water is good too

haha dont u guys think u can build up ur tolerance for lactose like tolerance for acohol?.. because i think i did : )

RAEKWON201 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RAEKWON201 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RAEKWON201 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RAEKWON201 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RAEKWON201 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RAEKWON201 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RAEKWON201 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RAEKWON201 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RAEKWON201 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RAEKWON201 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RAEKWON201 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    try low carb isopure with water.i too have a very weak stomach and that is one of the only protein supplements that didnt bother my stomach.its also a very high quality protein

peace

Viola is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Viola is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Viola is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Viola is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Viola is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Viola is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Viola is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Viola is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Viola is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Viola is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Viola is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

I use both

At work it is convienant to use the bar and at home the shake.
    I use soy milk with my shake to cut the crappy aftertaste. But since I just looked at the ingredients and hydrolyzed gelatin is listed, maybe I will cut back on my bars. And just when I found one that I really liked.
    Lead..Follow..Or Get Out Of The Way!!!

07-02-02 170 lbs 5'5" 36% bf
    12-24-02 147 lbs
    03-14-03 152 lbs 25% bf
    03-20-03 150 lbs 24% bf

CreatineMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) CreatineMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) CreatineMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) CreatineMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) CreatineMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) CreatineMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) CreatineMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) CreatineMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) CreatineMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) CreatineMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) CreatineMan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    if ur gonna have a bar, i like meso-tech bars, hate the company that makes em, but they do taste great with a decent amount of protein (peanut butter tastes good)

GettnHuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GettnHuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GettnHuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GettnHuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GettnHuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GettnHuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GettnHuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GettnHuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GettnHuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GettnHuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GettnHuge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have about 1 bar a day to fill in open spots in my diet.
    I like the mesotech bars. But lately bought a lot of cheapies
    at Sams Club. EAS advant-edge low carb.
    25g P
    20g C
    1g sugar
    6g Fat
    of course the protein goes in this order: casein, whey isolate, soy isolate, milk protein. but they seem ok as a quick snack/holdover
    at a very cheap price.
    licensed sh-t stirrer

Joel is just really nice. (+1000) Joel is just really nice. (+1000) Joel is just really nice. (+1000) Joel is just really nice. (+1000) Joel is just really nice. (+1000) Joel is just really nice. (+1000) Joel is just really nice. (+1000) Joel is just really nice. (+1000) Joel is just really nice. (+1000) Joel is just really nice. (+1000) Joel is just really nice. (+1000)
    Ive been trying to eat 7 meals a day which means I have to eat a QUICK meal at work twice a night while working. Ive been using Atkins Advantage bars since they are high protien/low carb. Does anyone know of a BETTER choice of a low carb bar ?