Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    theduffman is just really nice. (+1000) theduffman is just really nice. (+1000) theduffman is just really nice. (+1000) theduffman is just really nice. (+1000) theduffman is just really nice. (+1000) theduffman is just really nice. (+1000) theduffman is just really nice. (+1000) theduffman is just really nice. (+1000) theduffman is just really nice. (+1000) theduffman is just really nice. (+1000) theduffman is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by put5onyo View Post
    Do you have proof that he didn't bench anywhere near that?

I agree about Brady's bench. It's not that impressive compared to powerlifters, but how many of those people could go out and finish the sprint/agility/conditioning drills that he is constantly doing. That's the difference, two different training regimens with totally different goals in mind. For the most part, football players train for explosive, multi-plane strength whereas powerlifters train for raw, unadulterated brute strength. Not saying one is better than the other, just different.

Edit: I'd have to say as well that Allen's bench more than likely wouldn't have counted in a PL meet, since football players don't bench the same, but how do you know he didn't do it?

http://www.bench-press.net/article/l...nch-press.html

http://gametimeworkouts.blogspot.com...s-700-lbs.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI_A4BYyT-0

http://media.putfile.com/Larry-Allen...m_medium=embed

how do you prove something didn't happen?

Shanecutler51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shanecutler51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shanecutler51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shanecutler51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shanecutler51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shanecutler51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shanecutler51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shanecutler51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shanecutler51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shanecutler51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shanecutler51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

I agree about Brady's bench. It's not that impressive compared to powerlifters, but how many of those people could go out and finish the sprint/agility/conditioning drills that he is constantly doing. That's the difference, two different training regimens with totally different goals in mind. For the most part, football players train for explosive, multi-plane strength whereas powerlifters train for raw, unadulterated brute strength. Not saying one is better than the other, just different.

Edit: I'd have to say as well that Allen's bench more than likely wouldn't have counted in a PL meet, since football players don't bench the same, but how do you know he didn't do it?

lol, did you see the video of his so called 700 lbs. Bench?

KDK will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDK will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDK will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDK will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDK will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDK will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDK will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDK will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDK will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDK will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDK will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Shanecutler51 View Post
    lol, did you see the video of his so called 700 lbs. Bench?
    x2

That video really doesn't prove anything. You don't know if there's 700lbs on the bar, you don't know if the spotters just had their hands on the bar for additional safety or if they should in fact be credited with a 700lbs deadlift, plus the video only shows the lockout.

Has new batteries! DuracellBunny's Avatar
    DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by KDK View Post
    x2

That video really doesn't prove anything. You don't know if there's 700lbs on the bar, you don't know if the spotters just had their hands on the bar for additional safety or if they should in fact be credited with a 700lbs deadlift, plus the video only shows the lockout.
    That bench has been discussed to death on here before; just search on Larry Allen.
    Screw nature; my body will do what I DAMN WELL tell it to do!

The only dangerous thing about an exercise is the person doing it.

They had the technology to rebuild me. They made me better, stronger, faster......

Shanecutler51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shanecutler51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shanecutler51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shanecutler51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shanecutler51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shanecutler51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shanecutler51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shanecutler51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shanecutler51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shanecutler51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shanecutler51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by DuracellBunny View Post
    That bench has been discussed to death on here before; just search on Larry Allen.

smitsky is a name known to all. (+5000) smitsky is a name known to all. (+5000) smitsky is a name known to all. (+5000) smitsky is a name known to all. (+5000) smitsky is a name known to all. (+5000) smitsky is a name known to all. (+5000) smitsky is a name known to all. (+5000) smitsky is a name known to all. (+5000) smitsky is a name known to all. (+5000) smitsky is a name known to all. (+5000) smitsky is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by KDK View Post
    x2

That doesn't sound like a lift that could really be counted for much
    Bench (raw): 325 lbs. X 1
    Incline Bench Press (raw): 225 lbs. X 8
    Squat (single ply): 355 lbs. X 3
    Deadlift (single ply): 441 lbs. X 1
    Powerlifting Total (single ply): 1116 lbs.
    Barbell Curl: 140 lbs. X 1
    Standing Military Press: 190 lbs. X 1
    Weighted Dips: BW + 110 lbs. X 3
    Weighted Pullups: BW + 90 lbs. X 1

Originally Posted by smitsky View Post
    That doesn't sound like a lift that could really be counted for much
    it definitely isn't, wasn't a very good video =/.

siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    yea think thats impressive well i can bench 95kilos once yea thats right once

Has new batteries! DuracellBunny's Avatar
    DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If that was an attempt at humour; the judges would give it a score of 0/10.

Larry Allen really has been discussed to death on every forum there is; I don't know why people keep bringing him up.

As an example http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...ht=larry+allen that?s 125 posts on the subject.
    Screw nature; my body will do what I DAMN WELL tell it to do!

The only dangerous thing about an exercise is the person doing it.

They had the technology to rebuild me. They made me better, stronger, faster......

Arrow

Originally Posted by DuracellBunny View Post
    If that was an attempt at humour; the judges would give it a score of 0/10.

Larry Allen really has been discussed to death on every forum there is; I don't know why people keep bringing him up.

As an example http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...ht=larry+allen that?s 125 posts on the subject.
    Apparently this thread is serious business, I know Larry has been brought up too much, hence why I posted the pic to draw attention away from Larry Allen

breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000)

Have you ever seen the video?
    First, it starts only halfway through the rep, or he is doing a half rep.
    Second, you have three NFL players with their hands on the bar helping him lift it.
    Before people start arguing about the guys not helping him, or helping him very little, I'll say this much:

If you curl or upright row 60 lbs, does it feel heavy? For me it feels like nothing. I'm a small guy compared to an NFL player, and my best personal best is a 135x4 BB curl.
    With 3 spotters that "aren't helping that much" you are still getting maybe 150 lbs of assistance+help stabilizing.

Larry Allen is strong, but 40something reps with 225 doesn't equal a 700 bench.
    For some reason I couldn't find Allen's 700 bench on youtube, but I know it's on there, I'll post it later if I can find it.

There are only a handful of people who have ever hit 700 raw on bench, and it's a disrespect to them to call Allen's "bench" a legit one. That doesn't mean he is not strong, it just means he can't bench 700 (at least not in the same way that these other lifters, Mendy, etc, can).

Dark_MadMax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dark_MadMax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dark_MadMax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dark_MadMax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dark_MadMax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dark_MadMax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dark_MadMax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dark_MadMax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dark_MadMax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dark_MadMax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dark_MadMax is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Somehow, somehow I had a feeling it is gonna be about football players again

vol will become famous soon enough. (+50) vol will become famous soon enough. (+50) vol will become famous soon enough. (+50) vol will become famous soon enough. (+50) vol will become famous soon enough. (+50) vol will become famous soon enough. (+50) vol will become famous soon enough. (+50) vol will become famous soon enough. (+50) vol will become famous soon enough. (+50) vol will become famous soon enough. (+50) vol will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by John Prophet View Post
    theyd have to rep 315 or something..theyd be there all day with 225
    All day? Nah. They'd probably have to stop to go to the bathroom or get a snack or something.

breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Dark_MadMax View Post
    Somehow, somehow I had a feeling it is gonna be about football players again

RnR is on a distinguished road. (+10) RnR is on a distinguished road. (+10) RnR is on a distinguished road. (+10) RnR is on a distinguished road. (+10) RnR is on a distinguished road. (+10) RnR is on a distinguished road. (+10) RnR is on a distinguished road. (+10) RnR is on a distinguished road. (+10) RnR is on a distinguished road. (+10) RnR is on a distinguished road. (+10) RnR is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by breathingmurder View Post
    LOL

one other thing we should point out is that at the combine they are locking out on every rep(well, supposed to). obviously they will not lift like mendelson ubt they would be getting more reps if they were not
    Last edited by RnR; 02-27-2008 at 02:37 PM.
    Marge: Homer, the plant called. They said if you don't show up tomorrow don't bother showing up on Monday.
    Homer: Woo-hoo. Four-day weekend

PoW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PoW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PoW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PoW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PoW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PoW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PoW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PoW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PoW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PoW is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PoW is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

This Ryan Kennely vid is the single most impressive lifting vid I have ever watched.

smitsky is a name known to all. (+5000) smitsky is a name known to all. (+5000) smitsky is a name known to all. (+5000) smitsky is a name known to all. (+5000) smitsky is a name known to all. (+5000) smitsky is a name known to all. (+5000) smitsky is a name known to all. (+5000) smitsky is a name known to all. (+5000) smitsky is a name known to all. (+5000) smitsky is a name known to all. (+5000) smitsky is a name known to all. (+5000)
    it definitely isn't, wasn't a very good video =/.
    I want to see a good, clean, unassisted rep with these type of claims.

I saw Dennis Cieri (198 lbs bodyweight) do multiple sets with Singles at 500 lbs. with a t-shirt on

His training partner was spotting him. All he gave him was a liftoff... then just casually stood there and watched

Originally Posted by PoW View Post
    This Ryan Kennely vid is the single most impressive lifting vid I have ever watched.
    This is some very impressive lifting!

My BodySpace contains a video of one Femis Lambrionidis. He handles 900+ lbs in the Squat so proficiently - and with excellent depth - that it looks as if there is no weight on the bar.

Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Squinky is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Here is 47*100 kg (220 pounds) from a competition, the lifter weighs 99 kilos.

More videos can be found with words "sotilaspenkki" or "military bench".
    Last edited by Squinky; 02-28-2008 at 02:20 PM.

BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000)
    brady quinn's bench was impressive. but you have to factor in that he weighs 227lbs so he pretty much did his bodyweight for reps. look at jeremy now, he weighs around 240-260, hes shorter, but he does his body weight a lot more times than quinn does

Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100) Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100) Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100) Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100) Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100) Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100) Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100) Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100) Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100) Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100) Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100)

Allen's "700" was a bounce and go half-rep with spotters carrying half the load. With some decent training he could pause 600 raw probably. But please don't say he's near a world record when he's not.