View Poll Results: IS DIET SODA BAD FOR YOU?

Voters
154. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES it is bad for you!

88 57.14%
  • NO it is not bad for you!

30 19.48%
  • I DON'T KNOW that much about it

36 23.38%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    wonderboy00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wonderboy00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wonderboy00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by pandastew
    drinking gatorade? powerade? those stuff contain high level of sugar man..

Gatorade Raspberry Lemonade

Ingredients: water, sucrose syrup, glucose-fructose syrup, citric acid, natural and artificial flavors, salt, sodium citrate, monopotassium phosphate, ester gum, sucrose acetate isobutyrate, red 40, blue 1

while gatorade contain whole lot of different named sugars that raise blood sugar level, diet soda just have splenda artificial sugar which doesnt raise blood sugar level and proven to be safe...other than that, diet soda only contain soda water which make drinker to feel bloated giving it "I'm full" effect which in the end help curb both sweet and stomach cravings....SO HOW IS SODA BAD AGAIN?

Pepsi One

Ingredients: carbonated water, caramel color, natural and artificial flavors, phosphoric acid, aspartame, citric acid, sodium benzoate (preserves freshness), caffeine and acesulfame potassium (Ace-K)

Nutrition Facts: Serving Size: 8 fl. oz. Servings per Container: 2.5 Amount per serving: Calories: 1 Total Fat: 0g Sodium: 30mg Protein: 0g Total Carbohydrates: 0g Sugars: 0g

LOOK AT THE 0g OF SUGAR AND NOW LOOK AT FITNESS WATER'S SUGAR CONTENT...14g...

Gatorade Lemonade

Ingredients: water, sucrose syrup, glucose-fructose syrup, citric acid, natural and artificial flavors, salt, sodium citrate, monopotassium phosphate, ester gum, sucrose acetate isobutyrate, yellow 5

Nutrition Facts: serving size: 8 fl oz; calories 50; total fat 0g; sodium 110mg; potassium 30mg; total carbs 14g; sugars 14g
    yah they might have alot of sugar but there all around better for you and actually has good stuff in it like alot of vitamins and electrolites. plus i dont trust any soda product they use to get blood stains off the highway =0
    name:ross
    height: 5'11
    weight:190
    bf= 9%
    bench: 315(i rep max)
    squat: 375(parrelel)
    main sport: mma fighting
    currently: bulking

wonderboy00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wonderboy00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wonderboy00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    but yah like i said i wouldnt drink neither. water and milk is good for me =D
    name:ross
    height: 5'11
    weight:190
    bf= 9%
    bench: 315(i rep max)
    squat: 375(parrelel)
    main sport: mma fighting
    currently: bulking

IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by cakedonkey
    Uh, diet soda is fine in moderation. As long as you aren't drinking, like, a gallon a day you'd be fine.

1-2 cans is fine.
    (1) Aspartame may not be as dangerous as people make it out to be
    (2) To the guy showing coke as some extremely acidic drink - you know you have moderately concentrated HCL acid in your stomach? "A steak will be gone in 2 day", give it 6 hours in your stomach. Also most foods you eat are acidic to some degree

But anything over 1-2 cans a week is pushing it IMO, besides that I doubt there is anything negative about it.

pandastew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

Originally Posted by wonderboy00
    yah they might have alot of sugar but there all around better for you and actually has good stuff in it like alot of vitamins and electrolites. plus i dont trust any soda product they use to get blood stains off the highway =0
    so what you are saying is that if i put in more vitamins in the diet soda, in the end, the diet soda product will have the same amounts of vitamins AND less sugar? see your arguement is easily overturned if the coca-cola company start adding vitamins in their diet sodas

and I believe that you can do the same thing with getting the blood stain off just by using carbonated water and some lime will do JUST THE SAME! you can learn that in forensic science class
    Last edited by pandastew; 04-05-2006 at 02:51 PM.

east football is just really nice. (+1000) east football is just really nice. (+1000) east football is just really nice. (+1000) east football is just really nice. (+1000) east football is just really nice. (+1000) east football is just really nice. (+1000) east football is just really nice. (+1000) east football is just really nice. (+1000) east football is just really nice. (+1000) east football is just really nice. (+1000) east football is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by pandastew
    \

and I believe that you can do the same thing with getting the blood stain off just by using carbonated water and some vinegar
    sorry but that does not make soda sound any better when you compare it to vinegar.
    -

IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by east football
    sorry but that does not make soda sound any better when you compare it to vinegar.
    His argument is meant to demonstrate how acidic - and therefore "dangerous" - soda is. Vinegar is MORE acidic then soda and isn't considered dangerous at all so why should soda?

eetoutyourbut has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eetoutyourbut has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eetoutyourbut has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eetoutyourbut has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eetoutyourbut has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eetoutyourbut has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eetoutyourbut has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eetoutyourbut has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eetoutyourbut has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eetoutyourbut has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eetoutyourbut has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Doblin
    so your saying anyone in this world who drinks a diet soda is a weak minded fool?
    Yes

F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000)
    where the its not proven good or bad yet button?but most likely it will turn up just fine so w/e.

bja5783 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bja5783 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bja5783 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bja5783 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bja5783 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bja5783 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bja5783 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bja5783 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bja5783 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bja5783 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bja5783 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Dude, dont drink Pepsi One, Diet Dr. Pepper is where its at.

east football is just really nice. (+1000) east football is just really nice. (+1000) east football is just really nice. (+1000) east football is just really nice. (+1000) east football is just really nice. (+1000) east football is just really nice. (+1000) east football is just really nice. (+1000) east football is just really nice. (+1000) east football is just really nice. (+1000) east football is just really nice. (+1000) east football is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by IGF
    His argument is meant to demonstrate how acidic - and therefore "dangerous" - soda is. Vinegar is MORE acidic then soda and isn't considered dangerous at all so why should soda?
    yeah, do you drink vinegar?
    -

Originally Posted by east football
    yeah, do you drink vinegar?
    the more exquisite dinning do use vinegar...even orange chicken, tobasco, hot sauces, cajun style marinade uses vinegars...

we need more input post comments guys

kevinatah will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevinatah will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevinatah will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevinatah will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevinatah will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevinatah will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevinatah will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevinatah will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevinatah will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevinatah will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevinatah will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't like soda much, it may not cause too much harm, but any of the additives won't be doing anything productive for you. I drink tea/soda about once a week.

Pain!? What's that again? hithard's Avatar
    hithard is on a distinguished road. (+10) hithard is on a distinguished road. (+10) hithard is on a distinguished road. (+10) hithard is on a distinguished road. (+10) hithard is on a distinguished road. (+10) hithard is on a distinguished road. (+10) hithard is on a distinguished road. (+10) hithard is on a distinguished road. (+10) hithard is on a distinguished road. (+10) hithard is on a distinguished road. (+10) hithard is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I did the wrong one. yeah the "one" just means they use more chemicals as replacments
    Spelling means nothing to me
    Insanity is not a problem, its an acomplishment

As long as girls spread the thighs for the guys I'll do curls for the girls
    f****ed up my last log and joined the Marines

Minus_83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    not sure what it is in it, but diet pepsi messes up my stomache failry badly when i drink enough of it, plus i get really bad cancar sores in my mouth, stop drinking diet pepsi, BAM, stomache back to normal, cancar sores gone in 2-3 days.

i have a documentary on my PC about aspartame, anything with so much controversy around it is worth avoiding, dont you think?

patfactorx is just really nice. (+1000) patfactorx is just really nice. (+1000) patfactorx is just really nice. (+1000) patfactorx is just really nice. (+1000) patfactorx is just really nice. (+1000) patfactorx is just really nice. (+1000) patfactorx is just really nice. (+1000) patfactorx is just really nice. (+1000) patfactorx is just really nice. (+1000) patfactorx is just really nice. (+1000) patfactorx is just really nice. (+1000)
    Splenda is not the same as Aspartame
    David Pat
    INBA/PNBA Pro Bodybuilder
    Personal Trainer and Contest Coach

Aceallways is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aceallways is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aceallways is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aceallways is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aceallways is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aceallways is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aceallways is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aceallways is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aceallways is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aceallways is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aceallways is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Doblin
    No way for those of you who think 2 cans of diet soda a day will make you eat more and **** are just dumbasses, if you whant a god dam diet soda drink the ****ing thing, it has 0 calories = no weight gain= simple science= drink the ****ing soda
    yah that is simple, I can put mass into myself and not gain mass

I thought I heard something about the conservation of mass in chemistry but that must have been bogus.

Aceallways is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aceallways is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aceallways is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aceallways is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aceallways is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aceallways is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aceallways is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aceallways is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aceallways is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aceallways is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aceallways is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Minus_83
    anything with so much controversy around it is worth avoiding, dont you think?
    exactly, finally someone with half a brain

it is like how science told us cracking our knuckles was bad/arthritis causing, then not, then bad again

those of us who never did it had nothing to worry about, how about those who did?

really if you want to risk your health over soda when fruit drinks taste much better IMO AND don't cause gas, go ahead

F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i agree with 48.it does have a lot of controversy around it.but to those of you who definately said yes or no your wrong.because as of now noone knows, but it would be best to stay away till we did know.

sure there is a lot of cotroversy but not ONE of them is scientifically true all the myth have been proven to be wrong by scientifical studies and none of the claims is backed by EVEN ONE SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH

prady is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prady is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prady is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prady is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prady is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prady is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prady is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prady is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prady is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prady is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prady is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Cass
    Aspartame is bad stuff... not a big fan of cancer myself...
    yeah mate but the point is that whether a can or two a day would get u to stages of cancer and some guys are talking about milk then even fatless milk has 12gms of sugar per 240ml serving. I guess the motive behind this thread was whether if u want to drink some soft drink and if u choose diet coke or pepsi, does it make any difference....the answer should be a simple no imo...Being a bb doesnt mean u have to be so strict....apparently something that tastes good is better if it has 0 cals

loling all the way to the nayrb182's Avatar
    nayrb182 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nayrb182 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nayrb182 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nayrb182 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nayrb182 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nayrb182 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nayrb182 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nayrb182 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nayrb182 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nayrb182 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nayrb182 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    my marketing prof last year had some interesting stuff to say about pepsi/coke. every year they PAY large amounts of money for fines from false advertising. the company flat out lies about what is in their diet drinks. these fines are in the millions each year but the sales they get more than make up for it. dont always beleive that what a product says it contains is always the truth. just because a product says its low fat or no sugar doesnt always mean that it is

adil will become famous soon enough. (+50) adil will become famous soon enough. (+50) adil will become famous soon enough. (+50) adil will become famous soon enough. (+50) adil will become famous soon enough. (+50) adil will become famous soon enough. (+50) adil will become famous soon enough. (+50) adil will become famous soon enough. (+50) adil will become famous soon enough. (+50) adil will become famous soon enough. (+50) adil will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    so many TWATS in this thread sayin aspartame is bad for you etc etc, dont drink that diet pepsi or u will die in 5 minutes.

When it comes down to it, all u twats have is "controvesy"...