tygersol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tygersol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tygersol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tygersol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tygersol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tygersol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tygersol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tygersol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tygersol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tygersol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tygersol is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

fat calipers accurate?

are teh cheap fat calipers from GNC any good? I'm just wondering beacuse my friend measured his b/f and he came out with 3% and i laughed at his like i mean hes cut but not that cut...
    "you were cheaper to feed when you ate crappy" - mom

weight-165 age-18 dead-295x5| 320
    squat - 285x10 | 300 2 accidents so far(lol) (TY squat rack)
    bench- 160x5 :( |175

Courage is the knowledge of what ought to be endured. ~ Philo

Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.
    Ambrose Redmoon

Iron-T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Iron-T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Iron-T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Iron-T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Iron-T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Iron-T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Iron-T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Iron-T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Iron-T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Iron-T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Iron-T is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Wink

calipers are only as accurate as the person who uses them. I found everyone seems to have their own method of grabbing the skin ( you are not supposed to grab a whole fist, if you know what I mean, ) and frankly I feel some trainers are not even sure of the correct way.
    It takes some practice to use calipers properly. You should measure each site 3 times and go with the average. To get constant results, make sure you have the SAME person measure you , because trust me if you have someone different each time, you will get different results.
    Build Strength, Build Health, Build Life !

Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What's the brand of the calipers? Who was the technician (is he/she experienced at skinfold testing)? How many sites were measured? What equation was used to determine body density and, in turn, body fat percentage? These are just some questions that need be answered to determine accuracy. If your buddy's only 3% fat, then all he's carry around right now is essential fat.
    Unstoppable Confidence

institutional is just really nice. (+1000) institutional is just really nice. (+1000) institutional is just really nice. (+1000) institutional is just really nice. (+1000) institutional is just really nice. (+1000) institutional is just really nice. (+1000) institutional is just really nice. (+1000) institutional is just really nice. (+1000) institutional is just really nice. (+1000) institutional is just really nice. (+1000) institutional is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by Iron-T
    calipers are only as accurate as the person who uses them. I found everyone seems to have their own method of grabbing the skin ( you are not supposed to grab a whole fist, if you know what I mean, ) and frankly I feel some trainers are not even sure of the correct way.
    It takes some practice to use calipers properly. You should measure each site 3 times and go with the average. To get constant results, make sure you have the SAME person measure you , because trust me if you have someone different each time, you will get different results.
    first of all there is a correct way to take skinfold measurements. this is not some trial and error ****. an expierienced tester with proper training is essential to accurate readings. you use your thumb and index finger to pinch and then measure approx. half inch under fingers. its hard to explain on comp. but ive been doing this for years . with a 3 site measurement there is about a standard deviation for error of about 3.5%, (meaning that if you take someone at 10%, they could be 7 or 13% technically speaking). a 7 site has less percent error.
    ~shhhhh just watch~

jkl12345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jkl12345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jkl12345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jkl12345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jkl12345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jkl12345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jkl12345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jkl12345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jkl12345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jkl12345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jkl12345 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i find them to be inaccurate. some people have different skin texture. people can have thicker skin and lower fat %, but it would never show on the caliper. it seems a little obsolete to me.