Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    bench_king has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation new to board...with before and after pics

Hello everyone...I have included some pics...the top pic(grey trunks) is the latest pic(august 2002). I am a little more cut at 204 right now. I am trying to stay at the same bf% until dec. 29th, but get back to about 207-208. I plan on starting my 16 week(yes, that long) precontest diet on dec. 29th. I am going to TRY to lean out to 174(end of the middleweight class) I would like some feedback. Anyone who has done a show before>>PLEASE let me know if you think that 174 will be too light. I don't want to lose too much muscle.

thanks!
    KING!

PICS
    http://members.shaw.ca/beforeafter/king/king.htm

jay81 is just really nice. (+1000) jay81 is just really nice. (+1000) jay81 is just really nice. (+1000) jay81 is just really nice. (+1000) jay81 is just really nice. (+1000) jay81 is just really nice. (+1000) jay81 is just really nice. (+1000) jay81 is just really nice. (+1000) jay81 is just really nice. (+1000) jay81 is just really nice. (+1000) jay81 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Wow ... you've made some phenomenal changes ... it's hard to believe that it's the one person in the before and after pic! Huge upper body and thighs! Maybe just need to bring your calves up just a bit. Sure your waist is only 30''? It could be just those pics or something but it does look bigger than that. Wel other than thatl I think 174 might be a bit light for you to cut down to ... I mean you are that bloody big and if you hit 208 well that's 34lbs to lose ... and you're fairly lean already as it is. Possibly though. Incredible job anyways, keep the great work up Man!

Mc_Garnicle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mc_Garnicle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mc_Garnicle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mc_Garnicle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mc_Garnicle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mc_Garnicle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mc_Garnicle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Looking awesome dude !

Shapeshifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Far out! stoked mate now thats some progress!
    What's ya current stats?

jimpern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimpern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimpern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimpern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimpern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimpern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimpern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimpern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimpern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimpern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimpern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

280 lb bench at 131? Wow!

Do you have any photos of yourself when you were benching over twice your bodyweight? You must have been both lean and muscular.

Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

Nice guns and quads. You sure made one hell of a transformation since you started lifting at 16!

IamaSexyBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IamaSexyBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IamaSexyBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IamaSexyBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IamaSexyBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IamaSexyBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IamaSexyBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IamaSexyBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IamaSexyBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IamaSexyBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IamaSexyBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    looking top notch bro

amazin achievement keep pumping the iron
    Brothers stay strong and survive these days. Hold your head up and fucck the shiit they say

BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BIGPOPPAPUMP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    great job HOLY CRAP!!!
    ISSA Certified Personal Trainer

anakist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Arrow

I'd agree, calves definately, apart from that you're look great dude!
    -anakist-

BigRig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigRig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It is very easy to "overestimate" what your competition weight will be. I would think that 174 would be a very realistic guess. But don't be surprised if it is actually lower than that. Remember, if you are going to compete, you can never be too lean. As long as you keep your protein levels high and don't do hours of cardio every day, you should be able to preserve most of your muscle. But as you get down into single-digit bodyfat percentages, your body inevitably begins to burn muscle tissue.

My suggestion is actually to disregard what you weigh on the scale, and diet down until you are as shredded as you need to be to do your absolute best in your contest. If you focus too much on weight, you may not diet down as far as necessary for fear that you are losing too much size. If you were just cutting with no contest in mind, it would be a different story. But you have to be shredded to win most contests.

Great transformation by the way. Keep up the good work!
    Enjoy the journey!

hmmm

So you think that I would need to be lower than 174? I am a little more lean than in those pics...the state that I listed on that little page are from mid september. I lose weight REALLY fast, so I am a little leary of dieting too hard. I lose 18lbs in 3 days last year when I had surgery on my sinuses. I HATE to see the numbers on the scale go down, so this will be a HUGE psychological battle for me. It struggle for every ounce of weight that I gain and I am worried that Iwon't be able to gain it back if I cut too much. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Is0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Is0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    scary man, just scary, you made some GREAT improvements, of course, not after hard work and dedication though
    Ja ben ik Nederlands

"Everything I do, I strive to be more like you. You've taken me from the depths within and released me, freed me, into what you want me to Be. Every day I live for you, and I devote my life to you. God, you are my salvation, Jesus, my rejuvinator." - Is0, Allen

"A life unexamined is a life not worth living" - Unknown

"Once a person realizes his state of sin, his natural inclination is to find the remedy within himself. He attempts to bring about his own salvation by human means. He tries various reforms when he needs to be regenerated. As with the Israelites, he tries to become justified by the Law rather than by faith in Jesus, Rather than cleaning up the old man, he needs to be made a new man in Christ. He doesn't need to "turn over a new leaf," he needs a completely new life. The only remedy for man's fallen state is salvation by the grace of God through faith in His Son Jesus." - SOS

If you guys ever wanna talk, about anything, whether troubles, problems, christian advice, whatever it may be, I'm here.

Allen

PLAngel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PLAngel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PLAngel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PLAngel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PLAngel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PLAngel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PLAngel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PLAngel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PLAngel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PLAngel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PLAngel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking Re: new to board...with before and after pics

Originally posted by bench_king
    Hello everyone...I have included some pics...the top pic(grey trunks) is the latest pic(august 2002). I am a little more cut at 204 right now. I am trying to stay at the same bf% until dec. 29th, but get back to about 207-208. I plan on starting my 16 week(yes, that long) precontest diet on dec. 29th. I am going to TRY to lean out to 174(end of the middleweight class) I would like some feedback. Anyone who has done a show before>>PLEASE let me know if you think that 174 will be too light. I don't want to lose too much muscle.

thanks!
    KING!

PICS
    http://members.shaw.ca/beforeafter/king/king.htm
    Wow

*mops up drool with a handy shirt of her brother's*
    He he he
    Stats are gone
    Ask o'er msn or aim

Powerlifting is cool ^_^

How many 120lb chics do you know that can bench 145?

hmmm

Well, I have been working on my cardio and diet plan. I'm going to write down all my meals for 16 weeks while I'm home for thanksgiving. It's going to be tough! 4 more weeks until I start cutting...HELP!!!!

TTT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

holy christ! i didn't think it was possible to put that much mass on a frame like that. nice job.
    What one of my fellow co-workers says to some random guy who's watching me curse out passing motorists & throw empty water bottles at at various people in the gym parking lot...

"Mike's really a nice guy in the gym, but when he gets outside it's like he goes to war & everyone's the enemy..."

(sorry str8, they made me do it)

BigRig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigRig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: hmmm

So you think that I would need to be lower than 174? I am a little more lean than in those pics...the state that I listed on that little page are from mid september. I lose weight REALLY fast, so I am a little leary of dieting too hard. I lose 18lbs in 3 days last year when I had surgery on my sinuses. I HATE to see the numbers on the scale go down, so this will be a HUGE psychological battle for me. It struggle for every ounce of weight that I gain and I am worried that Iwon't be able to gain it back if I cut too much. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Notice I did not say that you WILL need to go lower than 174. I said it is POSSIBLE that you may need to go lower. All I am saying is keep your mind open to going as low as needed to get rid of as much excess fat as possible. It's best to have someone involved in bodybuilding (i.e., a trainer, training partner, etc.) take periodic looks at you and give you unbiased feedback. You need someone objective, not someone trying to blow smoke up your a$$.

As far as gaining the weight back, DO NOT worry about that! Trust me, the time immediately following a cutting cycle is one of the best times to make great gains in the gym. Your body is in a state of maximum nutrient uptake due to the restrictions it experiences during the dieting. Take a look at any of the posts regarding post-contest eating binges and you will see story after story of people putting on 30, 40, or even 50 pounds in the weeks and months following a contest. In fact, most of the time the battle lies in limiting the acute weight gain experienced immediately following a show.

Also, when designing your cutting diet, be sure that you cut a small amount of calories from your daily intake at first. Because you have ectomorphic tendencies, you will not need a large caloric deficit or tons of aerobic exercise to begin dropping fat. Go slowly and you can be assured that you will minimize muscle loss. This will allow you to compete at as high a bodyweight as possible.

Good luck!
    Enjoy the journey!

ok!

I might diet for 18 weeks, I think that if I lose weight too fast I'll lose too much muscle. Still thinking about how I'm going to do things...

david42018 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    great achievement, great pics
    cdr

Yea im on the juice... Orange Juice.

desert rat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    That shocked me almost as much as the Dorian Yates transformation of 92-93. Very impressive BK. By the way, since you have probably read many posts on roids here at the site and realize that controlled, informed, use is not dangerous, why not do a low dose cycle? I mean I have total respect for your decisions but what is your reason for staying natural totally, Just curious---again very nice work.

rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rleeson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by desert rat
    ... By the way, since you have probably read many posts on roids here at the site and realize that controlled, informed, use is not dangerous, why not do a low dose cycle? I mean I have total respect for your decisions but what is your reason for staying natural totally, Just curious---again very nice work.
    Is it just me or is this like asking someone "Why don't you smoke?"

Exclamation hmmm

I have thought about a cycle, but to be honest, I have no clue who sells haha. I have been wanting to, but I'm kinda scared of getting caught haha. I know a reasonable dose is safe, but it's the law I'm worried about.

Is0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Is0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I have thought about a cycle, but to be honest, I have no clue who sells haha. I have been wanting to, but I'm kinda scared of getting caught haha. I know a reasonable dose is safe, but it's the law I'm worried about.
    then just go with something legal like 1-AD or 1-Test and do 1 cycle, no harm done, i guess.....
    Ja ben ik Nederlands

"Everything I do, I strive to be more like you. You've taken me from the depths within and released me, freed me, into what you want me to Be. Every day I live for you, and I devote my life to you. God, you are my salvation, Jesus, my rejuvinator." - Is0, Allen

"A life unexamined is a life not worth living" - Unknown

"Once a person realizes his state of sin, his natural inclination is to find the remedy within himself. He attempts to bring about his own salvation by human means. He tries various reforms when he needs to be regenerated. As with the Israelites, he tries to become justified by the Law rather than by faith in Jesus, Rather than cleaning up the old man, he needs to be made a new man in Christ. He doesn't need to "turn over a new leaf," he needs a completely new life. The only remedy for man's fallen state is salvation by the grace of God through faith in His Son Jesus." - SOS

If you guys ever wanna talk, about anything, whether troubles, problems, christian advice, whatever it may be, I'm here.

Allen

well...

Those all show up on a test for a natural show. All pro-hormones are banned in natural shows. I'm a little leary about them anyway.

musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000)
    Excellent progress!

jay81 is just really nice. (+1000) jay81 is just really nice. (+1000) jay81 is just really nice. (+1000) jay81 is just really nice. (+1000) jay81 is just really nice. (+1000) jay81 is just really nice. (+1000) jay81 is just really nice. (+1000) jay81 is just really nice. (+1000) jay81 is just really nice. (+1000) jay81 is just really nice. (+1000) jay81 is just really nice. (+1000)

The potential legal ramifications would be the least of your concerns if you did.

I think...

I just don't think that I would like to take the chance. I am done with school in the spring and I will be working for a top bio-tech company. I would NOT get hired with someting like that on my record. I am also looking at getting into pharm. sales if the bio-tech thing is not what I'm looking for. I am getting married in august and I don't want to risk everything. Thanks for the support..Any tips for the upcoming diet time??

thanks

Talking thanks for the input...

thanks for all the input. Do you think that 18 weeks of cutting would be better than 16 weeks? Would that be too long? Would that take away from the bulking time that I have left. I only have like 3 weeks left to bulk and I'm not really where I want to be. What do ya think? KNow of anyone who is looking to sponsor a natural bodybuilder through the first show?? haha hey, it can't hurt to ask...

King

MASSIVERJV has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Great job dude

If you're gonna diet for a show, don't worry about what your weight will be. The mirror will show you where you should be. If you need help with a diet let me know. Happy to help. Get on the scale the day of the show.
    "If you ever make a movie about Arnold Schwarzenegger, you'll be laughed off 42nd Street." - Romulus Linney
    "Be a thinker, not a stinker." - Apollo Creed

Lightbulb hey man!

I'm in slippery rock..not too far from you! Are you doing a show in 2003? Have you ever entered one before? Maybe we can diet together!!

ok, it's time for bed...
    later,
    Justin

Joske is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joske is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joske is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joske is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joske is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joske is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joske is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joske is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joske is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joske is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joske is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Heya Justin, You used to post on Fig's board right?

Great work mate! done a really good job so far
    "Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiam." - Winston Churchill