GhettoWorkout has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GhettoWorkout has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GhettoWorkout has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GhettoWorkout has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GhettoWorkout has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GhettoWorkout has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GhettoWorkout has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GhettoWorkout has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GhettoWorkout has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GhettoWorkout has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GhettoWorkout has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How do you strengthen the tendons/ligaments?

Any advice or little exercises I can do?

rburningham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rburningham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rburningham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rburningham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rburningham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rburningham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rburningham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rburningham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rburningham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rburningham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rburningham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You can't technically do anything to strengthen ligaments and tendons bro. Bad news I know. There are things you can do to the muscles and things you can do to stop problems with tendons and ligs before they get bad, like stretching and keeping your muscles from getting to tight. Most tendon and ligament pain is actually from muscles pulling to much on them. There are a couple supplements that claim to be able to reverse damage to tendons and ligaments, but I've tried them...didn't notice any difference at all. Strengthen the muscles around the area that's sore, get those muscles to help take some of the pressure off the muscles (and the tendons and ligaments they're attached to) that are sore.

And lots of good stretching. My muscle therapist told me I should be stretching my quads (for knee and tendon problems) and hams for about 20 mins a day. Seems like a TON. But, it really, really helped. Another doctor told me to start strengthening my rotater cuff to help hold my shoulder in after it started dislocating (sports injury). It has helped. I've never had to have surgery.

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    very very slowly, and very very gradually.....they do get "tougher" so to speak, as we progress, but again, at a very slow rate......

you have come to the crux of the steroid injury problem, as the muscle bellies grow too fast for the lagging behind tendons and ligaments.....

the stretching advice was very good....

slippy is on a distinguished road. (+10) slippy is on a distinguished road. (+10) slippy is on a distinguished road. (+10) slippy is on a distinguished road. (+10) slippy is on a distinguished road. (+10) slippy is on a distinguished road. (+10) slippy is on a distinguished road. (+10) slippy is on a distinguished road. (+10) slippy is on a distinguished road. (+10) slippy is on a distinguished road. (+10) slippy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    For strengthening tendons/ligaments, include some high-rep work to pool lactic acid into the area. The lactic acid itself stimulates connective tissue growth. If it's a problem area, then pre-empt proper strength work with about 3-4 weeks of high-burn work, at least 3 times a week. If there was surgery, then you may want to leave strength work for another cycle and just devote one entire cycle to just high-rep, light weight work in the area.

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    time
    <->

Consistency + Knowledge BodySculpting's Avatar
    BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by $AJ
    time
    that and just using weights you can handle. Tendon/ligament injuries come about when you use a weight you can barely put up because of your ego, you might be able to barely put it up for 2-3 reps, but your tendons are probably far from ready for the kind of weight. It's like the problem with PH's like M1T. Alot of people experienced that their tendons were being injured, the explosive strength did not match up to the tendons/ligaments who were not catching up.
    "The only way out of hell, is through it. "

pepingtom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pepingtom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pepingtom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pepingtom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pepingtom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pepingtom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pepingtom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pepingtom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pepingtom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pepingtom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pepingtom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by slippy
    For strengthening tendons/ligaments, include some high-rep work to pool lactic acid into the area. The lactic acid itself stimulates connective tissue growth. If it's a problem area, then pre-empt proper strength work with about 3-4 weeks of high-burn work, at least 3 times a week. If there was surgery, then you may want to leave strength work for another cycle and just devote one entire cycle to just high-rep, light weight work in the area.
    exactly.....worked for me