Thread: Eggs, Nutrians

Carlos901 is just really nice. (+1000) Carlos901 is just really nice. (+1000) Carlos901 is just really nice. (+1000) Carlos901 is just really nice. (+1000) Carlos901 is just really nice. (+1000) Carlos901 is just really nice. (+1000) Carlos901 is just really nice. (+1000) Carlos901 is just really nice. (+1000) Carlos901 is just really nice. (+1000) Carlos901 is just really nice. (+1000) Carlos901 is just really nice. (+1000)

Eggs, Nutrians

this has been posted on here before, so credits to who ever it was, just thought i would post again, cause the "egg" question gets posted quite a lot

God Im so tired of looking at diets people post every day that have "8 egg whites and 1 egg yolk" for breakfast. Jesus people I cant believe you actually spend time seperating the eggs in the morning. Let me tell you something buddy...if the eating of a couple egg yolks is your BIGGEST problem in your diet then you sir have no f-cking problems. It should be the least of your worries.

Still want to keep seperating your yolks? Read on. (For the record I didnt write all these words)

The quality of the protein in eggs is no doubt of the highest quality available. Egg yolks are indeed full of cholesterol. Like most cholesterol-rich foods, they are jam-packed full of important nutrients. In fact, the slew of nutrients in an egg yolk is so comprehensive that a few a day would offer better insurance than a multi-vitamin. Most importantly, the yolk contains most of the nutrients in an egg.

Egg whites, on the other hand, contain far fewer nutrients. The only thing that could justify their consumption is their attachment to their companion yolk.

The yolk contains more than 90% of the calcium, iron, phosphorus, zinc, thiamin, B6, folate, and B12, and 89% of the panthothenic acid (9 items). The white does not contain more than 90% of any nutrient, but contains over 80% of the magnesium, sodium, and niacin (3 items). The yolk contains between 50% and 80% of the copper, manganese, and selenium, while the white contains between 50% and 80% of the potassium, riboflavin, and essential amino acids.

It should also be kept in mind that the yolk of an egg is smaller than the white. Where the white contains a slim majority of nutrients, such as the essential amino acids, this is not due to a greater concentration in the white, but simply the fact that there is more white in the egg than yolk.

As you can see from the table, the yolk contains 100% of the carotenes, essential fatty acids, vitamins A, E, D, and K (6 items). The white does not contain 100% of any nutrient.

Notes on Cholesterol:
    -Cholesterol is not a deadly poison, but a substance that is absolutely necessary for you to be healthy. High cholesterol itself does not cause heart disease.

-People who have low blood cholesterol have the same rates of heart disease as people who have high blood cholesterol.

-The cholesterol found in your blood comes from two sources: cholesterol in food that you eat and cholesterol that your liver makes from other nutrients. What's interesting is that the amount of cholesterol that your liver produces varies according to how much cholesterol you eat. The more cholesterol you eat, the less your liver produces. And vice versa - the less cholesterol you eat, the more your liver produces. This is why a low cholesterol diet does not decrease a person's blood cholesterol by more than a few percent.

-It contributes to cell membrane rigidity and strength, just as saturated fats do

-It is used to make hormones that help us deal with stress, as well to make sex hormones

-It is converted to vitamin D, essential for proper growth, healthy bones, a healthy nervous system, muscle tone, and proper immune system function

-It is used to make bile, needed for digestion of fat in our foods

-It acts as an antioxidant, actually protecting us against cellular damage that leads to heart disease and cancer

-It helps maintain a healthy intestinal lining, offering protection against autoimmune illnesses

So to sum up...

EAT YOUR DAMN EGGS WHOLE PEOPLE!
    If you always do what you always done, you will always get what you always got

strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    no thanks

1 whole egg a day is enough for me! its so much easier to eat and cook without the yolk!

if eggs were the only thing I ate all day...yes, i would eat the yolks--every single one of them...but i'm not poor and can afford other sources of fat.
    --I'm afraid of what I don't believe in--

Carlos901 is just really nice. (+1000) Carlos901 is just really nice. (+1000) Carlos901 is just really nice. (+1000) Carlos901 is just really nice. (+1000) Carlos901 is just really nice. (+1000) Carlos901 is just really nice. (+1000) Carlos901 is just really nice. (+1000) Carlos901 is just really nice. (+1000) Carlos901 is just really nice. (+1000) Carlos901 is just really nice. (+1000) Carlos901 is just really nice. (+1000)
    each to there own i guess
    If you always do what you always done, you will always get what you always got

strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Carlos901 View Post
    each to there own i guess
    you go right on ahead and eat 7 yolks. 42 grams of protein, 42 grams of fat? hell no!
    --I'm afraid of what I don't believe in--

Sim882 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sim882 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sim882 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sim882 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sim882 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sim882 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sim882 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sim882 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sim882 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sim882 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sim882 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I eat 6-8 whole eggs per day (boiled) - the whites tastes like ****. It represents 50% (sometimes more) of my fat source.

No cholestoral problems too