markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Are you really eating healthy food?

I started a thread over in the over 35 forum( http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post131851261 ) and didnt realize there was a nutrition forum.

Anyways I thought I would cross-post in the nutrition forum.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    On another thread about using refined sugar I got into a discussion with another member about eating natural foods.
    I had been working out since I was 19-20yo and had always been in decent shape.
    However about 2yrs I read this book: http://www.amazon.com/Omnivores-Dile...23/ref=ed_oe_h
    and it completely changed how I viewed eating. The main premise of the book is the meat we eat today is not the meat our parents or grandparents ate or Europeans. That tomato you buy in the grocery store has sat on the back of a truck for 2000 miles and does NOT have the same nutritional makeup as a tomato grown at a local farm and sold locally.

Anyways for those of you that are interested in getting natural, unprocessed foods and specifically pasture fed meat:

http://www.localharvest.org/

You can type in your zipcode and get a list of stores and farms that sell products. Its much better than going to Whole Foods.
    Once you taste chicken, beef or vegetables bought from a local farm, you will never eat the stuff in a grocery store.

Here is an example of how a typical factory processed organic chicken lives:
    http://www.goveg.com/factoryfarming_chickens.asp (click on the video to check out factory chicken & turkey production)
    Note: The video is somewhat shocking to those that have never been to a factory farm. Just thought I would warn you.

Sciamach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sciamach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sciamach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sciamach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sciamach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sciamach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sciamach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sciamach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sciamach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sciamach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sciamach has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I've read Pollan's book for a class last term. Highly recommended
    The unreal is more powerful than the real, because nothing is as perfect as you can imagine it. because its only intangible ideas, concepts, beliefs, fantasies that last. stone crumbles. wood rots. people, well, they die. but things as fragile as a thought, a dream, a legend, they can go on and on

sciamachy: fighting with a shadow or an imaginary enemy; a mock contest; an imaginary or futile combat.

markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) markymark69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thats pretty cool.
    I live pretty close to the farm profiled in the book, Polyface Farms. The farmer, Joel Saletin, is a pretty funny guy.
    Once you eat pasture fed meat, store bought meat just tastes so bland.