youngbuck69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngbuck69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngbuck69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngbuck69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngbuck69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngbuck69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngbuck69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Keto and Cardio (part II)

So, basically cardio is really beneficial on Keto if your goal is to reduce body fat.
    In my case I am fit, but I want to lose a little bit of fat and maintain my muscle mass, my goal is to get ripped. Does that mean I should reduce my cardio? Should I be doing any cardio?

robbytjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbytjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbytjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbytjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbytjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbytjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbytjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbytjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbytjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbytjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbytjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by youngbuck69 View Post
    So, basically cardio is really beneficial on Keto if your goal is to reduce body fat.
    In my case I am fit, but I want to lose a little bit of fat and maintain my muscle mass, my goal is to get ripped. Does that mean I should reduce my cardio? Should I be doing any cardio?
    if youre already really lean and just want to get rid of minimal fat (if youre 12 percent or lower) , i would look into doing a diff diet altogether. basically what im saying is that keto prob wont get you "ripped". its great to reduce BF but once you reach a certain point , other diets will take over and produce better results for continued bf reduction than keto , no matter how much cardio you add. im not dissing keto , its a great stepping stone to get you to 10-12 percent , but then more drastic diets should be employed because losing fat at sub 10 percent aint no fun , or is easy. look into doing a PSMF or ultimate diet 2.0
    "If you have the desire or ability to talk between sets then you aren't working out." - Mike Mentzer

MorePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MorePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MorePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MorePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MorePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MorePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MorePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MorePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MorePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MorePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MorePower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by robbytjohn View Post
    if youre already really lean and just want to get rid of minimal fat (if youre 12 percent or lower) , i would look into doing a diff diet altogether. basically what im saying is that keto prob wont get you "ripped". its great to reduce BF but once you reach a certain point , other diets will take over and produce better results for continued bf reduction than keto , no matter how much cardio you add. im not dissing keto , its a great stepping stone to get you to 10-12 percent , but then more drastic diets should be employed because losing fat at sub 10 percent aint no fun , or is easy. look into doing a PSMF or ultimate diet 2.0

This is completely opposite than what I have heard. Why would it matter if you were pretty lean to begin with? If you're burning ketones for energy, you're burning fat, regardless of your BF%. Maybe I'm just missing something. Could you please explain why? Or maybe someone else could give an informed answer? Thanks.

dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Tell me more.

Smelly_Pits is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smelly_Pits is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smelly_Pits is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smelly_Pits is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smelly_Pits is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smelly_Pits is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smelly_Pits is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smelly_Pits is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smelly_Pits is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smelly_Pits is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smelly_Pits is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by MorePower View Post
    This is completely opposite than what I have heard. Why would it matter if you were pretty lean to begin with? If you're burning ketones for energy, you're burning fat, regardless of your BF%. Maybe I'm just missing something. Could you please explain why? Or maybe someone else could give an informed answer? Thanks.
    I agree with you here. I know a lot of body builders go to Keto for there last 6 weeks of cutting. It was a body builder at my gym who told me about keto when I asked him how he got down to that low of a bodyfat. He said at least half of the BB he knows do Keto 6 weeks out.

youngbuck69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngbuck69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngbuck69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngbuck69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngbuck69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngbuck69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngbuck69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I dont have the extreme muscle mass as a bodybuilder has, and cannot afford to lose muscle while cutting. I am just worried that the Keto diet is burning a lot of fat, but my cardio maybe reducing any muscle gains.

Smelly_Pits is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smelly_Pits is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smelly_Pits is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smelly_Pits is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smelly_Pits is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smelly_Pits is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smelly_Pits is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smelly_Pits is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smelly_Pits is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smelly_Pits is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smelly_Pits is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by youngbuck69 View Post
    I dont have the extreme muscle mass as a bodybuilder has, and cannot afford to lose muscle while cutting. I am just worried that the Keto diet is burning a lot of fat, but my cardio maybe reducing any muscle gains.
    A lot of people suggest doing no cardio or LISS (low intensity, steady state) cardio in stead of high intensity. It would be more muscle sparing.

BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Smelly_Pits View Post
    I agree with you here. I know a lot of body builders go to Keto for there last 6 weeks of cutting. It was a body builder at my gym who told me about keto when I asked him how he got down to that low of a bodyfat. He said at least half of the BB he knows do Keto 6 weeks out.
    x3. I always heard 40/40/20 or similar works wonders at the 15%+ mark, but once you hit 10-12%, keto in one of it's various forms is the way to get to the single digits.

robbytjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbytjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbytjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbytjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbytjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbytjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbytjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbytjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbytjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbytjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbytjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Again - Im not saying keto isnt a great diet for fat reduction - Im saying that there are better diets for burning fat faster than just SKD or CKD once you get to a certain point. They are all variations of a traditional ketogenic diet .

PSMF is one of those variations. Protein Sparing Modified Fast by Lyle McDonald. 3.5 days of extremely low cal intake (800-1500/day), 1.5 - 2g protein/lb LBM , 6 fish oil caps & a multi , followed by 3.5 days of carb loading. VERY effective approach to getting as lean as possible , sparing all LBM (or at the very most, negligable net loss of LBM) . Thats it. Almost ALL of your food intake for the 1st 3.5 days should come from LEAN protein like tuna , whey , chicken, lean beef. No fats other than the fish oil. no carbs. People are seeing super amazing results with this diet. Then if you add IF (intermittent fasting) to this diet and fast for 16 hours (including hours slept) and eat you alllotted amount of cals in an 8 hour window , well you can tack another gold star onto your fat loss plan. Im not saying straight keto isnt good , Im saying anything and everything has the ability to be better.
    While Im not a huge fan of McDonald because he treats people that support him like garbage , the man is a genius. Simple as that.
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/forums/
    "If you have the desire or ability to talk between sets then you aren't working out." - Mike Mentzer

stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    That sounds like torture. Not saying it works but I'd rather take my time...especially since I'm not a BB'er.

Maybe if I have a beach trip coming up fast I'll try it.
    I'm an athlete

OoFaP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OoFaP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OoFaP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OoFaP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OoFaP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OoFaP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OoFaP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OoFaP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OoFaP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OoFaP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OoFaP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm at around 12% bodyfat now and started keto on Monday. I'll see how it goes.

timmymayes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timmymayes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timmymayes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timmymayes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timmymayes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timmymayes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timmymayes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timmymayes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timmymayes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timmymayes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timmymayes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am around 27% body fat and just started keto today. My workouts are generally body weight calesthenics and I ride 10 miles on my bicycle each day (to and from work) which is sort of a low intensity cardio. Does this sound like a good plan? Also what % body fat should I get down to on this diet before switching to somthing like 40/40/20?
    Cheers,
    Timothy Mayes