Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Accutane Log

McFEARson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) McFEARson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) McFEARson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) McFEARson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Post Accutane Log

WEEK:1
    hello everyone...just thought I'd let you know how Accutane will work for me...I know a lot of you usually post questions...so hopefully I can let you see how this $#*! works...
    *Here's what my doctor wants me to avoid
    -- Exposure to the Sun
    -- Alcohol
    -- tetracycline
    -- Avoiding the use of Vitamin B1 , B6, B12 and Vitamin A
    he said Vitamins B1, B6, and B12 cause more oil to be excreted, and since Accutane is a derivative of Vitamin A it could be dangerous to use.
    -- No more OTC acne medications..This will definetly save me money in the long run
    *Here's what my doctor wants me to use
    Carmex was his #1 recommendation to use on my lips. He said dry lips is the most common side effect experienced and he highly recommends it.
    Dove soap was what he recommended for bathing and he pressed using a moisterizer HIGHLY.. Since I can't tan and it's spring I guess I'll give that tanning moisterizor a shot

I just started the accutane yesturday so I havn't noticed anything yet.. I'll be visiting my dermatologist in 2 weeks and 6 days so he can check in on my side effects...
    My doctor said week 1-3 i may not notice much...4-9 my skin will start to get dry and i'll notice the acne clearing up 10-14 or 15 the acne should be gone. My acne is mild. I have a little on my face, a moderate amount on my shoulders and back, very very few on my arms, and some on my quads
    He still allows me to use these supplements that I do use
    Creatine
    Whey Protein
    L-Glutamine
    Digestive Enzymes
    Candida Clear (NOW)
    Cissus RX
    Chromium Picolinate
    Vitamin-C
    Flax seed oil

McFEARson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) McFEARson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) McFEARson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) McFEARson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I forgot to add this...
    I'm also supposed to avoid hot bath's and showers.
    I use 20mg pills...for now i'm using a schedule of 40mg-20mg-20mg and it repeats...
    Also if you're gonna have sex on this stuff...use a condom with spermicidal lubricant and have ur woman use some birth control pills...no one wants a retarded baby and that's the truth

Get Diesel Or Die Trying Younglifter16's Avatar
    Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    props for keeping up with lifting while on accutane, the part that seems scary to me is that accutane supposedly takes its toll on the joints and recovery, and I love to lift heavy, so i could never see working out on accutane compatible.

I'd say just get some Cissus RX and some cream with Glucosamine Chondroitin and MSM for after you shower, postworkout and you're set...there's nooooo way that I'll stay away from the gym for 4 months...that's insane.. Drink a loooot of water too..1 to help with the joints...2 because you should be drinking a lot as a bodybuilder and 3 to help your liver out

Football33 is not very well liked. (-100) Football33 is not very well liked. (-100) Football33 is not very well liked. (-100) Football33 is not very well liked. (-100) Football33 is not very well liked. (-100) Football33 is not very well liked. (-100) Football33 is not very well liked. (-100) Football33 is not very well liked. (-100) Football33 is not very well liked. (-100) Football33 is not very well liked. (-100) Football33 is not very well liked. (-100)
    accutane should be banned or discontiued use....way too many sides and warnings. terrible product.

I'm tried Doxycycline, Tetracycline, Salisylic acid, Benzyole Peroxide, Lemon juice, Retin-A, Alpha Hydroxy, Beta Hydroxy, and none could eliminate acne like i've heard from friends who have used it and read from forums....have you ever used Accutane before?

mrmiller has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I can tell you that accutane really works! Sure it sucks with the dry lips and sensitive skin. I dont drink at all so i didnt have to worry about that. I was on it for six months. I have maybe one or two pimples a month now. Good luck you will love the results. It was worth all the blood tests and little side aefects is had. the only two side effects i had were the dry lips and sensitve skin to sun or tanning beds.

bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Ive never took it but I was reading that there has a been a few people that have commit suicide and they think it was due to Accutane.

Football33 is not very well liked. (-100) Football33 is not very well liked. (-100) Football33 is not very well liked. (-100) Football33 is not very well liked. (-100) Football33 is not very well liked. (-100) Football33 is not very well liked. (-100) Football33 is not very well liked. (-100) Football33 is not very well liked. (-100) Football33 is not very well liked. (-100) Football33 is not very well liked. (-100) Football33 is not very well liked. (-100)
    if you hit the weights hard i wouldnt recommend taking it. it will slow you down.

CrowdedCowboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrowdedCowboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It affects everyone differently. 99.9% of the time it is completely safe. Like everything you put into your body, including the ever popular EC stack that is pimped by many around here, it has its aberrations and can be dangerous if used irresponsibly. I lifted heavy on it and wasn't bothered. I used my 4 months on accutane to really get myself on the right track health wise since I couldn't drink anyways.

Mos Jeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mos Jeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mos Jeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mos Jeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mos Jeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mos Jeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mos Jeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mos Jeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mos Jeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mos Jeff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mos Jeff will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by mrmiller
    I can tell you that accutane really works! Sure it sucks with the dry lips and sensitive skin. I dont drink at all so i didnt have to worry about that. I was on it for six months. I have maybe one or two pimples a month now. Good luck you will love the results. It was worth all the blood tests and little side aefects is had. the only two side effects i had were the dry lips and sensitve skin to sun or tanning beds.

Agreed. I took it about 7 years ago when I was in high school and it was the ONLY acne medication that would work, and I was perscribed them all from my dermatologist. I also only had one major side effect and that was the dry lips, which the carmex took care of.

Registered User Natural Emperor's Avatar
    Natural Emperor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Natural Emperor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Natural Emperor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Natural Emperor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Natural Emperor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Natural Emperor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Natural Emperor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Natural Emperor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Natural Emperor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Natural Emperor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Natural Emperor will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up Accutane Is Great

I bounced around medicine from 6th to 11th grade before my derm FINALLY gave me it. I went tanning for a month before taking it so i could still be outside in the summer. Needless to say its been about 3 and a half years (give or take) and NOTHING a few blemishes here and there (mostly when i was on superdrol) but other than that ive been acne free. Congrats, good luck, and enjoy life without those worries

mjfan23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mjfan23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mjfan23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mjfan23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mjfan23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mjfan23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mjfan23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mjfan23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mjfan23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mjfan23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mjfan23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yes Accutane gets the job done, even helps reduce acne scars. But it messes up the joints big time.

cyfair06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up good luck

i used the generic verison of accutane amnesteen i think it was called.. anyways it worked like a charm. you start to see results in about 6 weeks.. i dont have any acne anymore and thats all you can ask for. you still get little bumps and stuff from shaving but no major zits.. the only thing that sucks was getting blood tests every month to check out my liver. but i responded to it well and no side effects besides chapped lips... BUY LOTS AND LOTS OF CHAPSTICK!! your gunna want to put that stuff on hourly or more if your outside in the wind alot. overall its good stuff.. it was worth the 4 months of chapped lips and blood tests to be acne free for the rest of my live IMO.

Question

How bad is the joint pain? I dislocated my knee cap December 26th 2004. I went through therapy.. wore a knee brace for a year, my doctor told me not to do squats for the rest of my life :*( and my leg muscles are A LOT stronger now since the injury... Does it actually damage the tendons or ligaments??? perhaps I should look into Long R3 IGF-1 as well as Cissus RX and Glucosamine.

CrowdedCowboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrowdedCowboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I never had noticable joint pain and participated athletic endeavours the entire time I was on it. It helped me grasp my self esteem and that is priceless.

image101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) image101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) image101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) image101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) image101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) image101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) image101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) image101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) image101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) image101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) image101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Accutane is some nasty stuff. Nasty, but powerful (and very effective). I wouldn't take it, and i'm glad I never did (cleared up my skin with healthy diet and a proper regimen), but it has definately worked wonders for many people.

BodyOfAHorse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    accutane was the best choice I made. For the first month my acne got worse but after that it cleared up and I have not had any break outs since. I took it for 5 months. You do get chapped lips but the best chap stick I used was Dr. Dans Corti Balm, the only chapstick that really cleared up my lips. The only thing I regret was not using sunscreen one summer day. I came home with secondary burns on my arms. I had blisters the size of half dollars. But overall I loved accutane.

Accutane can be very dangerous if used incorrectly or irresponsibly (such as taking it while you're freaking preggo then trying to sue for being a dumbarse!) and this is why it is reserved as a last line of defense. Many derms will only administer it to patients with severe to moderate acne. But lets remember....ALL prescription drugs have serious consequences if used improperly! Taking Accutane isn't going to turn you into a kamikaze pilot hell bent on suicide (that kid had a history of deep depression before Accutane) for gods sake.

Obadiah! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Obadiah! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Obadiah! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Obadiah! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Obadiah! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Obadiah! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Obadiah! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Obadiah! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Obadiah! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Obadiah! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Obadiah! will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I cycled Accutane a few years ago after getting nuisance outbreaks of adult acne. In my view, Accutane is an absolute miracle drug. The only side effect I ever experienced was extreme dryness of skin which ended with the cycle. Once I completed the cycle I never had to worry about acne again. I would take it again in a minute if necessary.

Good luck. I'll bet you'll like the outcome!
    Deuteronomy 6:5

How do you know that the light at the end of the tunnel isn't a muzzle flash?

3rd day of a 7 day binge The Abomination's Avatar
    The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Football33
    accutane should be banned or discontiued use....way too many sides and warnings. terrible product.
    Nice advice....sides are subjective just like they are with many drugs....from MANY MANY threads about this subject as well as my own experiences it worked fantastically, and even with the sides like dry skin and lips etc..they would do it all over again.

Cool

I noticed how those who post THEIR OWN EXPERIENCE using Accutane say Accutane is a miracle, and those who have only read about its side effects say it's dangerous...

Question

I'll also be using Milk Thistle and Liver Care by Himalaya..know of any good supps for cholesterol?

SleepingPeace is on a distinguished road. (+10) SleepingPeace is on a distinguished road. (+10) SleepingPeace is on a distinguished road. (+10) SleepingPeace is on a distinguished road. (+10) SleepingPeace is on a distinguished road. (+10) SleepingPeace is on a distinguished road. (+10) SleepingPeace is on a distinguished road. (+10) SleepingPeace is on a distinguished road. (+10) SleepingPeace is on a distinguished road. (+10) SleepingPeace is on a distinguished road. (+10) SleepingPeace is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    How exactly does Accutane get rid of acne for life? I don't get it. For instance, if someone had mild acne and took Accutane, would they be able to pop a cycle of roids and not need to worry so much about the acne side effects? A friend of mine did a cycle and he cut it short due to increased acne and damn the acne was bad. It was gross really. He had huge volcanoes on his face and he told me it was worse on his back and arms I guess. To the point where he said it wasn't even acne and that it was like huge blisters and he couldn't even put a shirt on without irritating them to the point of them busting and causing him pain. That's gotta' be a rough deal. He did get huge though in 2 months of using it. I've never seen anyone get big like that in such a short amount of time. Thought about it myself but after his side effects I said **** it.
    Last edited by SleepingPeace; 03-28-2006 at 07:14 PM.

jaypea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I took acutane about 8 years ago now. Never knew it could cause joint issues...maybe that is a reason im 24 and every 6 months feel like my shoulders dont want to move much without making me cry. It was the only thing that would get rid of my acne though and there werent as many options available then as there are now. I dont think I would use it again if I had the chance, I am STILL sensative to the sun to this day even though its not supposed to be a long term effect. good luck though

3rd day of a 7 day binge The Abomination's Avatar
    The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by McFEARson
    I'll also be using Milk Thistle and Liver Care by Himalaya..know of any good supps for cholesterol?
    EFAs from salmon and cold fish oils, garlic etc...I wouldn't worry about it though since it should only be temporarily elevated while you're on this cycle and your young age comes into consideration.

Obadiah! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Obadiah! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Obadiah! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Obadiah! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Obadiah! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Obadiah! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Obadiah! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Obadiah! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Obadiah! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Obadiah! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Obadiah! will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SleepingPeace
    How exactly does Accutane get rid of acne for life? I don't get it. For instance, if someone had mild acne and took Accutane, would they be able to pop a cycle of roids and not need to worry so much about the acne side effects? A friend of mine did a cycle and he cut it short due to increased acne and damn the acne was bad. It was gross really. He had huge volcanoes on his face and he told me it was worse on his back and arms I guess. To the point where he said it wasn't even acne and that it was like huge blisters and he couldn't even put a shirt on without irritating them to the point of them busting and causing him pain. That's gotta' be a rough deal. He did get huge though in 2 months of using it. I've never seen anyone get big like that in such a short amount of time. Thought about it myself but after his side effects I said **** it.
    Well in my case it did eliminate the acne ever since I took Accutane. That's not to say I never get a pimple, just not an outbreak or multiple patches of pimples. However, I don't yet know what impact it has on acne during a cycle. All I know is that Accutane alters some body chemistry to stop acne. My doctor did mention that in some cases some people had to repeat the Accutane cycle, but most didn't.
    Deuteronomy 6:5

How do you know that the light at the end of the tunnel isn't a muzzle flash?

Well I think that if you use Accutane and it clears you up when you're not on a cycle that's a miracle...and if Accutane helps you to have less acne during a cycle and during PCT....then how could u see that as a bad thing..the less acne the better...right??

Thumbs up

Well this is only my first week using accutane...I felt one of those horrible painful pimples that stays on your nose for weeks coming...the kind you can never hide...and it's gone now within 2 days...so that's some good news to report...cuz the ones on my nose are the WORST..

Thumbs up

I'm at the end of week 1. I havn't noticed any new pimples on my face. Even after a cheat day!! My face is a little dry. I'd describe it like the way it feels to have just washed ur face with salisylic acid, and you didnt put a moisterizer on yet. My lips are starting to get chapped now. It seemed like they slowly got dryer. Not like it normally is to get chapped lips quickly from being outside on a cold day, but gradually.
    I'm taking next week off from the gym because I usually take a week off every 8 weeks. I hate taking a week off but if it'll save me from anymore joint injury then it's worth it.