Thread: Lockout or not?

bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Lockout or not?

Do you lockout on exercises? If so wich ones?

EvilLion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EvilLion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EvilLion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EvilLion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EvilLion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EvilLion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EvilLion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EvilLion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EvilLion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EvilLion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EvilLion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Not if I can help it - this way, I get constant tension on the muscles.
    If you're growing, you're training/eating properly.
    If you aren't growing, then you aren't doing the above 2 properly.

"too much thinking. grab weight and just f**king lift." $AJ answering question about position of shoulders during shoulder presses :D

bench56 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Your not supposed to, but i find myself doing it every now and then. Try not to do it so much though because it does keep the tension on the muscle your working on.
    **I'm like the East coast number one playboy B,
    Hugh Hefner'll tell you he don't got sh*t on me**

bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thanks it seems I get a better burn when I dont too

gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bignpisst
    Do you lockout on exercises? If so wich ones?
    Not if I can help it...

sbrown_c4l has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbrown_c4l has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbrown_c4l has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbrown_c4l has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbrown_c4l has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbrown_c4l has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbrown_c4l has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbrown_c4l has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbrown_c4l has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbrown_c4l has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sbrown_c4l has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I lockout, because I don't I feel I'm not my full range of motion, but I don't stop, I lockout and then right back down with the weights.
    I see some guys get on the bench, push out like 3 reps with 135, and then stay locked-out for about 20 seconds to "rest" then they try another rep and fail and lower the weight
    "There's a fine line between being fearless and being stupid" Indian Larry

b0ngman is a name known to all. (+5000) b0ngman is a name known to all. (+5000) b0ngman is a name known to all. (+5000) b0ngman is a name known to all. (+5000) b0ngman is a name known to all. (+5000) b0ngman is a name known to all. (+5000) b0ngman is a name known to all. (+5000) b0ngman is a name known to all. (+5000) b0ngman is a name known to all. (+5000) b0ngman is a name known to all. (+5000) b0ngman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    this is a metter of preference. If you are concerned with functional strength, acheiving lockout is important IMO, when the fuk are you going to keep the tension on the muscle when exhibiting strength in the real world? pretty much never, esp. for chest

gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by b0ngman
    this is a metter of preference. If you are concerned with functional strength, acheiving lockout is important IMO, when the fuk are you going to keep the tension on the muscle when exhibiting strength in the real world? pretty much never, esp. for chest
    This is isnt functionalrealworldstrength.com buddy! Sorry, but when it comes to actually gaining muscle, you cant think about how your lifts will come in handy in real life...

b0ngman is a name known to all. (+5000) b0ngman is a name known to all. (+5000) b0ngman is a name known to all. (+5000) b0ngman is a name known to all. (+5000) b0ngman is a name known to all. (+5000) b0ngman is a name known to all. (+5000) b0ngman is a name known to all. (+5000) b0ngman is a name known to all. (+5000) b0ngman is a name known to all. (+5000) b0ngman is a name known to all. (+5000) b0ngman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    that is why I said it is a metter of preference, buddy!

deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Never.............end of discussion.
    "I just use my muscles as a conversation piece, like someone walking a cheetah down 42nd Street." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Heretic....

Originally Posted by deserusan
    Never.............end of discussion.
    ^^^^

BodybuildingMd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodybuildingMd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodybuildingMd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodybuildingMd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodybuildingMd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodybuildingMd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodybuildingMd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yea I lockout on some exercises whats the big deal?

If i'm squatting heavy I can't just move straight from 1 rep to the next without locking out (even if it is for a 1/2 a second).

When i'm doing any kind of pressing movement and I wanna fight for 1 more rep. I hold the bar up for a second or two....gather myself, and go for my last rep.

I lock out tricep exercsies to get a peak contraction.

Lock out leg extensions...

Whats so wrong with locking out on some exercises?

deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BodybuildingMd
    Constant tension is a better muscle stimulator.
    "I just use my muscles as a conversation piece, like someone walking a cheetah down 42nd Street." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Heretic....

Originally Posted by BodybuildingMd
    Yea I lockout on some exercises whats the big deal?

If i'm squatting heavy I can't just move straight from 1 rep to the next without locking out (even if it is for a 1/2 a second).

When i'm doing any kind of pressing movement and I wanna fight for 1 more rep. I hold the bar up for a second or two....gather myself, and go for my last rep.

I lock out tricep exercsies to get a peak contraction.

Lock out leg extensions...

There is a difference in certain exercises, W8 or slippy could tell ya exactly what I'm talking about. There is a difference between doing an overhead tri ext and a tri press down. You lockout at the bottom of a press down, but not at the top of overhead ext. It depends on whether you start the exercise with the muscle in a stretched position(tri press down) and not(overhead ext). Sorry I couldnt be more scientific here, but I'm just learnin all this stuff myself.