-E- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -E- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -E- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -E- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -E- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -E- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -E- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -E- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -E- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -E- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -E- will become famous soon enough. (+50)

How Long till Ketosis?

hey there, ive posted my diet and other things on here before and have been following it fairly well for around 2 weeks, however after buying some ketostix today and testing negative for ketosis, i was wondering if i had either been doing something wrong, or how long it should take for the ketones to be produced, by the way im on a TKD and trying a ketogenic diet for the first time.

IronLoader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronLoader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronLoader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronLoader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronLoader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronLoader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronLoader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronLoader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronLoader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronLoader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronLoader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How much water are you drinking. If I drink alot of water I show up as negative. Have you noticed the other signs? Smelly wee, bad breath.

Whats your diet?
    I am going to keep on training until my back has grown a back of its own.

chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    When did you test?

It could be a million variables (well obviously not literally)!

Keywil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Keywil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Keywil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Keywil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Keywil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Keywil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Keywil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Can you post your diet again.. or a link to it?

As Chimp said - there could be a 'million' variables... typically you should be able to hit ketosis within 5 days or sometimes a little longer depending on where it's your first go or not. Also depending on your activity level - ketosis can happen sooner or later... the more activity the sooner.

or.. you may in fact be in ketosis and you just don't know it...

I'm guessing the perhaps it's got to do on when you're having your carbs and how many with regard to your workouts. I'm not the most knowledgable on TKD so... again it's a guess...
    Last edited by Keywil; 03-26-2006 at 10:44 AM.
    "If you wanna change some stuff in your life... you gotta change some stuff in your life!" - unknown

www.homefitness101.com

-E- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -E- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -E- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -E- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -E- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -E- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -E- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -E- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -E- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -E- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -E- will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Sorry i didnt post for a while, heres my diet

Meal 1: 2 boiled eggs,

Meal 2: Half cup (50g) of peanuts or mixed nuts

Meal 3: 100g Chicken Breast, lettuce, mayo.

Meal 4 (Post-WO): Steak, Green Beans and Spinach, Protein Scoop.

Meal 5: 4 Tablespoons Cottage Cheese

Total Calories - 1900, (maintenance calories = 2600)

Unfortunately I had to cut out my 4th meal , usually have a can of tuna with meal 5 instead now.

jaym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Eh, not enough fats me thinks.

What do your macro ratios look like? P/F/C?

i have no idea wot my macro ratios look like, im estimating around 60% protein, 35% fats, 5% carbs, yeh i need to increase the amount of fat in my diet, do you know any good sources of fat for keto?

JeepMJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeepMJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeepMJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You might have too much protein, and your liver is converting it to glucose. Some people are sensetive to that.

But, as you're TKD'ing, it's more likely the pre/workout carbs (which I assume isn't on your meal list). Cut them back, or do a couple workouts without them completely. You'll probably find yourself in ketosis then.

Oh, good fat sources:

Peanut Oil
    Flax Oil
    Coconut Oil
    Butter
    Lard
    etc.
    Teenaged Supplement Addict. No plans on quitting.

yeh i did used to eat carbs before a work out, but ive stopped that now, only stopped it for around a week tho, thanks for the recommended fats, im gonna probably add bacon and cheese to my breakfast too. You see, i eat a lot of leafy vegetables and was hoping that should provide just enough carbs for my 45 minutes of weights and 20 minutes of cardio.

Keywil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Keywil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Keywil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Keywil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Keywil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Keywil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Keywil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You might get rid of the peanuts and replace them with a handful of almonds.

More fat, less protein...

Flax oil is a good source of healthy fat.

You calories macros should be more like 65% from f/30% from p/5% from c ...

You might also look at www.fitday.com to establish your macros.
    Last edited by Keywil; 03-29-2006 at 10:55 AM.
    "If you wanna change some stuff in your life... you gotta change some stuff in your life!" - unknown

www.homefitness101.com

chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I can't remember if you had a reason for not using the standard PWO shake, do you?

ummimraan is on a distinguished road. (+10)

too much protein

Originally Posted by -E- View Post
    Sorry i didnt post for a while, heres my diet

Meal 1: 2 boiled eggs,

Meal 2: Half cup (50g) of peanuts or mixed nuts

Meal 3: 100g Chicken Breast, lettuce, mayo.

Meal 4 (Post-WO): Steak, Green Beans and Spinach, Protein Scoop.

Meal 5: 4 Tablespoons Cottage Cheese

Total Calories - 1900, (maintenance calories = 2600)

Unfortunately I had to cut out my 4th meal , usually have a can of tuna with meal 5 instead now.
    You are eating too much protein and carb. Green beans are higher in carbs and so is cottage cheese and peanuts. You aren't eating enough fat. Your diet is too lean. Try upping your fats and reducing your proteins.

DanPerry13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Problem is most likely how you are testing. Gluconeogenesis will not take you out of ketosis.

Are you pissing on the stick or are you peeing into a clean container and dipping the strip.

You need to piss into something and dip the strip into it.

dino1489 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It took me 2 weeks to actually feel better (and get bad breath).