beby24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beby24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beby24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beby24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beby24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beby24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beby24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beby24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beby24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beby24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beby24 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Help with leg training

Hello,
    I wanted to post my progress pictures here to get your input on how to build my quads and work on my legs.

What has worked for you, or maybe suggestions on exercises. I just want to do a whole bunch of exercises and from what I hear more is not always better.

Thanks

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e5.../DSC01950a.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e5/beby24/2-15-08.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e5.../DSC01949a.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e5...h-progress.jpg
    "Pain is weakness leaving the body"

Time to start building... norinicole's Avatar
    norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hey beby

I actually just started training my legs, and I'm doing the workout from here:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/animalpak80.htm

The workout (you can print it out on the bottom of the page) has been killing my legs, and I've already started to see a change. Part of that could also be genetics, but I LOVE this workout. Make sure that you know how to do all of the exercises properly as well. Especially the Stiff Legged Deadlifts. There are a bunch of articles on bb.com to help you out. I would also suggest working on your calves too. I do them on a separate day than legs (right now I do them the same day I do shoulders).

I also wanted to comment on what an amazing transformation you've done!!! That's so awesome. Keep up the good work!
    Mrs. Hessunit as of May 11, 2013

beby24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beby24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beby24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beby24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beby24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beby24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beby24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beby24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beby24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beby24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) beby24 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by norinicole View Post
    Hey beby

I actually just started training my legs, and I'm doing the workout from here:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/animalpak80.htm

The workout (you can print it out on the bottom of the page) has been killing my legs, and I've already started to see a change. Part of that could also be genetics, but I LOVE this workout. Make sure that you know how to do all of the exercises properly as well. Especially the Stiff Legged Deadlifts. There are a bunch of articles on bb.com to help you out. I would also suggest working on your calves too. I do them on a separate day than legs (right now I do them the same day I do shoulders).

I also wanted to comment on what an amazing transformation you've done!!! That's so awesome. Keep up the good work!
    Hi,
    Thank you for the post and for sharing, I will check it out in a minute and thanks for the comment on my transformation. I appreciate it and I would be lying if I would not admit it makes me feel good.

Its funny that you say genetics, i was reading this article, not yet finished but she did mention something about how some people give up because they know they have bad genetics and the are heavy bottom.

I am sure genetics has some part to it, but I am not going to give up hope to have Valerie Waugamans legs...lol

Thanks again, your wonderful for sharing.

Trish

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Looks to me like you've done a fantastic job! Your quads look great! Whatever you were doing for your legs is working. Just what is your leg routine?

Only suggestion I have, as an absolute noob, is a bit more calf work. And not just the calfs. Doing heel raises works the shin area and gives a nice shape. Burns like heck, but it's gone by the time you leave the gym. For some reason, that area doesn't get DOMS.

leg ext warm up
    leg curl warm up
    squats
    leg press
    dl
    leg ext
    leg curls

that is what I have been doing

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Do you do more than one type of squat in a session? Like wide stance and narrow stance. Or swap out wide for weighted lunges. On the leg press, do you do both feet high and wide as well as feet low? How about both standing calf raises (weighted) followed by calf raises using the leg press? If you have someone to help, lay on a bench on your stomach with legs up at 90 degrees and feet flexed. Have someone put a dumbbell between your feet. Lower to almost parallel to the floor, then raise back to 90 degrees.

Just some suggestions to vary your program. But again, what you're doing is obviously working!

sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000)
    dont mean to hijack or anything...but would splitting up my leg routine into quads during one day and hams another produce better results? i feel kinda stuck
    Michael Scott: Would I rather be feared or loved? Um... Easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me.

Thank you for the ideas, i do walking lunges right now and only wide stance squats, i can go pretty low on them and they dont bother my knees. I am pretty tall and at times some of the other squats bother me, I am finally doing them on the bb and not using the smith machine at all. Today when i did the leg press i did 8 reps of 180 wide, then immeditely after 8 more straight and then 8 more with the legs close together. That was a burner. I think i am going to keep doing those. I have hear of the bd laying ont the bench, is suppose to be great for the hammies. Thanks for the post

Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    Do you do more than one type of squat in a session? Like wide stance and narrow stance. Or swap out wide for weighted lunges. On the leg press, do you do both feet high and wide as well as feet low? How about both standing calf raises (weighted) followed by calf raises using the leg press? If you have someone to help, lay on a bench on your stomach with legs up at 90 degrees and feet flexed. Have someone put a dumbbell between your feet. Lower to almost parallel to the floor, then raise back to 90 degrees.

Just some suggestions to vary your program. But again, what you're doing is obviously working!

Originally Posted by sportyhp View Post
    dont mean to hijack or anything...but would splitting up my leg routine into quads during one day and hams another produce better results? i feel kinda stuck
    you wont know unless you try, just try it. I would not think is a wrong thing too do.

Originally Posted by beby24 View Post
    Thank you for the ideas, i do walking lunges right now and only wide stance squats, i can go pretty low on them and they dont bother my knees. I am pretty tall and at times some of the other squats bother me, I am finally doing them on the bb and not using the smith machine at all. Today when i did the leg press i did 8 reps of 180 wide, then immeditely after 8 more straight and then 8 more with the legs close together. That was a burner. I think i am going to keep doing those. I have hear of the bd laying ont the bench, is suppose to be great for the hammies. Thanks for the post
    Oohh, Smith Machine and a rack! With the Smith, you can do wide leg presses, in addition to the leg press machine, with someone to work the bar. Wide and bring the bar down low. You can also do another variation of a narrow stance squat with your feet further forward. Lunges, one leg at a time then immediately switching to the other leg are also good with the Smith.

My trainer and I flip flop between two rec centers. One has a rack, one has a Smith. Just using one or the other for a few weeks then switching up kicks my butt.

amy78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amy78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amy78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amy78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amy78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amy78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amy78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amy78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amy78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amy78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amy78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

Just wanted to say awesome job! Wow- what a transformation!

Originally Posted by amy78 View Post
    Just wanted to say awesome job! Wow- what a transformation!
    Thanks

Oohh, Smith Machine and a rack! With the Smith, you can do wide leg presses, in addition to the leg press machine, with someone to work the bar. Wide and bring the bar down low. You can also do another variation of a narrow stance squat with your feet further forward. Lunges, one leg at a time then immediately switching to the other leg are also good with the Smith.

My trainer and I flip flop between two rec centers. One has a rack, one has a Smith. Just using one or the other for a few weeks then switching up kicks my butt.
    Last night tried plie squats and reverse walking lunges. OUCH. I also did leg press did 8 reps x180 wide/toes pointing out, immediately switching to 8 more wide/straight and then 8 more legs close together. That was good, i felt that one.

did my regualr warm up, leg ext 85x20 lying leg curl 550x20
    squats on the rack
    lunges
    leg press
    plie squats.- theseI need to work on, it was harder than what I thougth.

Last night tried plie squats and reverse walking lunges. OUCH. I also did leg press did 8 reps x180 wide/toes pointing out, immediately switching to 8 more wide/straight and then 8 more legs close together. That was good, i felt that one.

did my regualr warm up, leg ext 85x20 lying leg curl 550x20
    squats on the rack
    lunges
    leg press
    plie squats.- theseI need to work on, it was harder than what I thougth.
    You've got a kick ass workout! And you're seeing a key, switch it up every so often. You don't have to feel something every workout either. Just feeling like your legs are jello as you walk out of the gym is sufficient.

Oh how I wish I was 30 again!

You've got a kick ass workout! And you're seeing a key, switch it up every so often. You don't have to feel something every workout either. Just feeling like your legs are jello as you walk out of the gym is sufficient.

Oh how I wish I was 30 again!
    LOL, I wish I never turned 30
    Thanks for the advice. I'll keep you update

MAANGER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    WOW! You have had such a transformation! Way to go!

gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Front sguats are a good compound exercises that hit the quads, Love them.
    Being a real lifter is not about a number, or a medal, or somebody else telling you that you are a real lifter. It is about commitment to the iron and strength of purpose.

Training for Performance Angela R's Avatar
    Angela R is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Angela R is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Angela R is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Angela R is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Angela R is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Angela R is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Angela R is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Angela R is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Angela R is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Angela R is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Angela R is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hey Trish!

You are looking fantastic, girl! Woot, woot!

Throw some bulgarian squats in there. That will fix your arse right up.....you might not be able to walk for a few days but they will give you a GREAT booty =)

Good job on all your success.

Originally Posted by Angela R View Post
    Hey Trish!

You are looking fantastic, girl! Woot, woot!

Throw some bulgarian squats in there. That will fix your arse right up.....you might not be able to walk for a few days but they will give you a GREAT booty =)

Good job on all your success.
    Hey lady, how you been. Ok, i think i got a pretty good idea on what I am going to do, I am super sore today worse than yesterday from my leg training wed...

Originally Posted by MAANGER View Post
    WOW! You have had such a transformation! Way to go!
    Originally Posted by gbg View Post
    Front sguats are a good compound exercises that hit the quads, Love them.
    Thanks

BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hello,
    I wanted to post my progress pictures here to get your input on how to build my quads and work on my legs.

What has worked for you, or maybe suggestions on exercises. I just want to do a whole bunch of exercises and from what I hear more is not always better.

Thanks

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e5.../DSC01950a.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e5/beby24/2-15-08.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e5.../DSC01949a.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e5...h-progress.jpg
    Hey Chickie your progress is incredible and kudos to you for taking the bull by the horns and Creating yourself into a more healthy and sexy body. I have 12 women and 3 men at this moment who come to me specifically for leg work and all have made great gains. i even made a stamp that says "Legs by Maria" LOL!!! I keep them on med weight with higher reps as none of them want the "bulk" but are looking for definition and strength. We generally start at sets of 15 reps and work up to sets of 25. You will walk out of the gym with a definite limp, but the progress on overall body strength will be great- a sample workout for someone like you might be this:

Smith machine squats:
    wu 20X25
    feet wide sumo: 2X50X25
    feet narrow butt to seated position: 2X40X25
    feet narrow and in front ass to ankles: 2X20X15

Hacks:
    each set is split into 3 foot placements: toes in, toes out, and toes straight up

2X0X30 (no weight or light weight depending on machine)

Leg Press (I prefer the squat press which is a lighter machine)
    Feet wide toes up full ROM: 2X50X25
    Toes out sumo: 2X40X25
    Feet high and narrow short ROM:2X50X25

between each set of leg press 30 seconds rest then when you change feet positions at least a min to catch your breath and have a drink of water

Calves:
    3X25X25

Extensions:
    4X40X25 slow and dont lock at top- try toes up for 2 sets and toes out for 2 sets

Hams Seated:
    4X30X25 hold the bar back hard on every 5th rep and do your reps all the way to the back of your knees

finish off by hitting the smith machine with 50 lbs and doing 2 sets of lunges in place with about 15 reps each leg, some people can only get one set in due to shaking so hard. but it will break up the quads a bit and you will feel better

this is just a suggestion of course- thought it may help
    Last edited by BlondeAmazon; 02-23-2008 at 02:33 AM.
    Being different is NEVER easy...see my ******** page at "Maria Roelle Health Coaching" or check out my website at www.mariaroelle.com If you have questions regarding plant based diet or healing foods, please feel free to contact me.