CARPENOCTEM55 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

How many sets to gain mass?

How many sets of an exercise should i do if I want to gain mass?

Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by CARPENOCTEM55 View Post
    How many sets of an exercise should i do if I want to gain mass?
    Number of sets does not determine mass, but 5x5 should help with mass. Go as heavy as you can for 5 reps x 5 sets. Do this for all bodyparts for 6 weeks. Then come back and sing my f'ing praises.

That is all. . .
    Idiotic and inconsequential people are still idiotic and inconsequential.

Location: Ballin' In The Bullring, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    \J/ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) \J/ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) \J/ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) \J/ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) \J/ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) \J/ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) \J/ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) \J/ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) \J/ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) \J/ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) \J/ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Npeart View Post
    Number of sets does not determine mass, but 5x5 should help with mass. Go as heavy as you can for 5 reps x 5 sets. Do this for all bodyparts for 6 weeks. Then come back and sing my f'ing praises.

That is all. . .
    when you say go heavy for 5 reps with 5 sets. do you warm up or just go heavy straight away???

Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by j.2.go View Post
    when you say go heavy for 5 reps with 5 sets. do you warm up or just go heavy straight away???
    Always warm up. . . do not count warm up sets. 5x5, but you must lift HEAVY as you can for 5 reps.
    Last edited by Npeart; 02-19-2008 at 03:43 AM. Reason: Mistake
    Idiotic and inconsequential people are still idiotic and inconsequential.

Location: Ballin' In The Bullring, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    \J/ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) \J/ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) \J/ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) \J/ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) \J/ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) \J/ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) \J/ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) \J/ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) \J/ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) \J/ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) \J/ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    if i can bench press 80kg x 5. would i do that same weight x5

Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100) Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100) Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100) Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100) Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100) Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100) Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100) Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100) Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100) Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100) Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100)
    In a 5 x 5 regimen, are you doing fewer weight lifting exercises?

I'm currently doing one max set per each exercise on a three day split.

Icedtea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Icedtea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Icedtea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Icedtea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Icedtea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Icedtea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Icedtea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Icedtea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Icedtea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Icedtea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Icedtea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    volume (3x10,4x10) > 5x5 for mass gains imo
    Hypertropy, check your ego at the door

browndog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) browndog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) browndog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) browndog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) browndog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation

Try this, It really worked for me and makes sense, I wrote my entire training program down if you want to check it out but here's how I got started.

Take Bench Press: Warm up with at least two warm up sets of 20 reps

Then Max out with something close to or using your 1 rep max.
    Have a spotter help you to get 3 more reps in that same set. So you're doing say 80kg x 4 = set 1 with your spotter keeping the weight moving on the way up, and you controlling it on the way down.

Then do say 50-55kg or something that you can do 4 times on your own, and have your spotter get you 2 more. So 6 reps = set 2

THEN do a weight that you can get 8-10 on your own and have your spotter get you 1-2 more.

This works because you are overloading your muscles and forcing them to adapt and grow. Just make sure that you're warmed up before doing it. AND make sure that your spotter is keeping the bar moving. You should never be straining with the bar stuck at any spot through the lift. That leads to over fatigue of the muscles and you will get burnt out.

That was STEP 1.

STEP 2 is to eat eat eat eat eat!!! Make sure you're consuming at least your Projected Weight in Grams of Protien. A shake in the morning as soon as you wake up and one right after you work out.

As for sets, after 2 warm up sets, 3 sets for 3 exersizes.

CARPENOCTEM55 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Thanx

thanx a lot for your help guys =)!!

danebergen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm on weight gain now and have added a bit over 10kgs since around xmas time. Here's what I recommend...

Do 3 exercises per muscle and 2-3 sets per exercise. You only need to do 3-8 reps per set.

Do your warm up then get straight into a heavy set. In your 2nd and 3rd set you should only be able to get to about 3-5 reps by yourself - always get a spotter to help you on the last couple of reps to take you up to 5-7. These last 2 reps are the most important because these are the ones that will make you grow.

This is a good workout, but I believe diet is considerably more important to gaining muscle mass than what you do in the gym.

Hope this helps

Dane

s.RILLEYY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s.RILLEYY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s.RILLEYY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s.RILLEYY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s.RILLEYY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s.RILLEYY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s.RILLEYY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s.RILLEYY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if your new, or even been working out for a little while this routine worked wonders for me made by current victorian natural champion

full body routine

3 sets per major muscle, 60-80-100%
    1 set per small muscle, 100%

do this 3 times per week

After 3 weeks, then increase to

4 sets per major muscle, 50-70-85-100%
    2 set per small muscle, 80-100%

after another 3 weeks, increase to

5 sets per major muscle, 50-60-70-80-100%
    3 set per small muscle, 70-85-100%

3 weeks later, take 2 weeks and just train lightly.

eat ****loads and you WILL grow.
    LOLWUT!