Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    timmymayes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timmymayes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timmymayes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timmymayes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timmymayes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timmymayes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timmymayes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timmymayes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timmymayes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timmymayes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timmymayes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you're hitting the same calories roughly that I am but are a bit bigger both heihgt and weight....maybe I should cut mine down a few hundred.
    Cheers,
    Timothy Mayes

bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I would suggest trying out 1900 if you lose some stick with it. If not, then go down lower. But I guess you can try 1800. 1900 has been working for me, but it is WAY lower than what I normally eat (2500-3000) I am shooting for some great results, so I figured this was as low as I could possibly go. I'm sure you can get away with less than 1900, but it just depends on how much cardio you're doing, and how your body deals with the calories.
    My Get back into shape! Cut for 29. workout log / journal -http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160856081&p=1221916071

timmymayes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timmymayes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timmymayes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timmymayes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timmymayes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timmymayes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timmymayes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timmymayes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timmymayes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timmymayes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timmymayes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah the last couple days I've been off and slept in so instead of 5 meals + a PWO shake I've been doing 5 meals counting the PWO shake. I ate a little more on some of the meals but still hitting only about 1700-1750 for past 3 days.....not sure yet how I like it. I do 30 min cardio daily and 1 of my exercises went down but two others went up so not sure yet....maybe i'll cycle it like 4 work days eat more and 3 off days eat less.
    Cheers,
    Timothy Mayes

bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by timmymayes View Post
    Yeah the last couple days I've been off and slept in so instead of 5 meals + a PWO shake I've been doing 5 meals counting the PWO shake. I ate a little more on some of the meals but still hitting only about 1700-1750 for past 3 days.....not sure yet how I like it. I do 30 min cardio daily and 1 of my exercises went down but two others went up so not sure yet....maybe i'll cycle it like 4 work days eat more and 3 off days eat less.
    That might work too, I've seen some have success with going low and then having a re-feed day. I'm not sure though, personally though I'm sticking with 1900 for as long as it will still work for me.

But nevertheless I just got back frolm the gym...Tricep Chest and Abs today. Felt it pretty hard, and really noticed tonight that I will need tomorrows carb up, still lifting the same weights but was just dragging ass without as much intensity, and did my cardio today with a 8.0 incline 3.5 speed at 45 minutes. REALLY didn't feel like doing it, but luckily I went with my cousin which helped me ride it out, finished out the session with some steam sauna and 10 minute spa dip. I know a ****ty day shouldn't ruin your lifting, and I usually use the gym as stress relief, and it was though, but I guess thats why I didn't feel so tip top today.

ANYHOW, Tomorrow is my carb up. I have no real idea what I should eat, and how it will work, so I need to figure it out. I'm thinking a Banana and maybe Oatmeal for breakfast, and another Banana and Protein as a PWO Shake. I have been eating 1900 calories the whole time, so I am not sure how much I should eat tomorrow. I'm guessing 2400-2500. Also I will do the depletion workout tomorrow morning, including an intense legs workout.

But then Sunday is my rest day, so I'm considering scratching Sunday, and then working out on Sunday to get back on fat, and back into Keto. I guess I'll have to read up a little more on carb ups. I haven't done a "carb up" for Keto in over a year, so I can't really recall the protocol.
    My Get back into shape! Cut for 29. workout log / journal -http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160856081&p=1221916071

Cool

Well its carb up day. I didn't get a hold of any dextrose for today so I will have to make due without it.

Since I didn't wake up early enough to eat a real meal before workout, I made myself a Pre and Post Workout Shake. Containing a Banana, 5 strawberries, some milk, and a scoop of Protein Powder.

Time to destroy this gym.

Janoush is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Janoush is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Janoush is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Janoush is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Janoush is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Janoush is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Janoush is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Janoush is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Janoush is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Janoush is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Janoush is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    hey kon great progress,
    I was just wondering what the name of the program that you use to log all your food was or maybe a link to where I can find it.

keep it up!

Tell me how you feel after that carb up man so I know if / when I should instittue one
    Cheers,
    Timothy Mayes

Just got back from the gym. One hell of a monster circuit. I'll describe it later.

But had the Pre and Post Workout Shake. About to have my first carb up meal. I Am not sure if I was supposed to, but I finished my workout with 20 minutes of HIIT on the elliptical.

I really gassed it completely, had nothing left on the HIIT when I was done, and the last part of the circuit was a killer too.

I think I'm going to dig into some Honey Bunches of Oats, Low Fat Milk, and check what else.

Originally Posted by Janoush View Post
    hey kon great progress,
    I was just wondering what the name of the program that you use to log all your food was or maybe a link to where I can find it.

keep it up!
    Hey J Thanks a lot!

I'm using Calorie King. I think the site is CalorieKing.com
    It costs $45 which I bought over a year ago, I feel its really worth it, because once you get the hang of it, logging your calories becomes REALLY easy. BUT if you don't wanna dish out the dough, I think you can try a demo. Or just PM me and I can give you the registration code for it, but shhh.

Thus far today I have eaten.

3 Bananas
    2 Servings of Honey Bunches of Oats,
    2 cups of Milk
    2 scoops of Protein
    1.5 Servings of Frozen Strawberries,
    1 Orange
    1 Chicken Breast

Feel really good at the moment, I'm gonna plug all this into the Calorie King, and see how I'm doing calorie wise. I will have some homemade Pasta Later tonight, and still considering what I can cook up. Might as well enjoy the carb up

Ok, well I've had my first Keto Meal this morning, Some Chicken and Cheese, and half an avocado.

Weighed myself after the meal, and I am only up 3 lbs after the carb up! Yippee

So I think by the end of the day I should be back to normal...

Taken Mr Lov's Suggestions I only kept it to a 24 hour carb up, and honestly thats all I wanted. I felt fine, but by the end of the day it was already feeling mundane eating all those carbs.

I wanted my cheese, my avocados, and peanut butter!
    Today I will be keeping any trace carbs to a bare minimum to get back into Ketosis asap.

Going to do an upper body workout, abs, and then a HIIT session. Considering going to the beach today also, and picking up some sun since its pretty nice out. I read somewhere tanning is actually good for weight lifting due to Vitamin D, and testerone.

I guess we'll see how the carb up went AFTER my gym session, and see how it affected my lifts.

Although physically I feel perhaps bloated a tad? But my arms seem a little bit bigger, I guess thats from the glycogen. See where my beach bell went?

Thumbs up CARB UP post Workout

Got back from the gym. Did a 24 hour carb up. Small keto meal before working out.

I tore it up at the gym today. Added on 20lbs to my Lat Pulldown and 10 lbs to overhead skull crushers. And more weight to the other exercises I did today.

Finished the workout with 20 minutes of HIIT on the rowing machine. And really just demolished myself. I feel awesome right now.

Most likely not in ketosis yet, but I'm getting there.

Well about to do BIcep and Back today at the gym.

Normally I would take it easy, (Been going non-stop since Monday) But I have to work out with the cous. So I will lift a lot lighter on my back today, since I did that yesterday. But I can always destroy my biceps.

Weigh in- for the beginning of Week 4 on Wednesday. Still far off from where I want to be. Starting to consider upping my calories. I'm gonna look around, maybe do a little more research and see. Although I'm not really catabolizing muscle, so I think I'm fine, even though 1900 sounds so low..

This morning was rough. Damn that time change! I know I hate when people do this but I woke up at 4am "old time" and it felt like the middle of the night for me. I hit the snooze twice, luckily I set the clock back 10 minutes.

I did Bicep and Back, going really easy on my back today. So the numbers aren't pretty!

Started with a quick warmup on the rowing machine.

Seated Row
    160 x 10
    160 x 10
    160 x 10

Lat Pulldown
    160 x 10
    160 x 10
    160 x 10

Barbell Curls
    80 x 10
    80 x 10
    80 x 10

Barbell Curls on Machine
    150 x 10
    150 x 10
    150 x 10

Lower Back Extensions
    15 x 3 Sets (no weight)

45 minutes of treadmill walking. at 8.0 Incline and 3.5 speed.

Otherwise I got my L-Carnitine today, so I'm incorporating that into my diet. I am also still deciding whether I will go back on Creatine, I know it will give me a little more energy in the gym, and help sustain lifts. But it always seems to give me that pudgy/puffy look. So I'm a little hesistant.

I went a little under calories today, so I'm going to have some kind of cream tonight. And still have some acne on the back, its becoming really annoying! I'm considering cycling out certain foods for a week, to find a culprit. Its like a double edged sword! I start to slim down, look better, now my back looks worse. lol

Felt like I needed to get some more sleep today. (Trying to listen to my body) So I didn't workout this morning. I feel fine today...I'll workout after school, Shoulders today.

Back into Ketosis after the Carb up. Tomorrow will Mark the end of 3 weeks, and the beginning of the 4th! So I'm excited to see what the weight is at, but still a long way to go until I don't see this gut

The beginning of WEEK 4

Late night workout tonight! Woops, went a little overboard, Tomorrow Morning is weigh in number 4, for Week 4. I'm curious to see where I am.

I have been noticing some more subtle differences, like more vascularity in my arms, and small love handles, although they're still there! BOoo I give it another month and no more love handles..

Anyway Shoulders + Abs today.

45 minute Cardio Session, of 8.0 incline 3.5 speed.

10 minutes of Steam Sauna, and a 10 minute Dip in the Jacuzzi to loosen up. I think I'm still sweating a bit from all that.

I took couple tablespoons of Whipping Cream for a night snack to give the body something to chew on.

Tomorrow is CHest and Tricep, considering doing it in the evening again, but I will see how I feel when I wake up. I should just do it in the morning..

Weigh In

So its the end of the 3 weeks. Currently I'm at 217 lbs, so I'm happy about that. I took some pics this morning, not excited to post them but I guess I will.

Triceps and Chest Today! Going to hit the gym right after I post.

So here is the Break down.

Start: 232 lbs

Week 1: 225 lbs

Week 2: 222 lbs

Week 3: 217 lbs

This is also with being at 224 lbs on Saturday after the carb up. I can't wait to dip into the 200's, and hell who knows, maybe one day sub 200. One day at a time though. I don't care so much about weight, more about fat loss.

Start:

Today - 3 weeks later:

Not huge changes, but my tummy is a lot less round.

Here is a side shot.

WaistofSpace is on a distinguished road. (+10) WaistofSpace is on a distinguished road. (+10) WaistofSpace is on a distinguished road. (+10) WaistofSpace is on a distinguished road. (+10) WaistofSpace is on a distinguished road. (+10) WaistofSpace is on a distinguished road. (+10) WaistofSpace is on a distinguished road. (+10) WaistofSpace is on a distinguished road. (+10) WaistofSpace is on a distinguished road. (+10) WaistofSpace is on a distinguished road. (+10) WaistofSpace is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just got through your thread and it seems you are doing a great J.O.B. so far. Keep it up. Although our stats are a little off each other's lookwise I am around the same size (you seem to have a little more muscle). Keep at it, I will be checking in.

Thanks a lot man! Always good to hear. Yeah I'm down 16 lbs so far, its a little ridiculous but I will consider some of that water weight. Nevertheless its fun seeing the scale go down, instead of up

i can totally see the improvement man keep it up. Oh and I have a thoery about tanning being good for your when body building too...dunno but i try to do it 3x a week at least 20 min.
    Cheers,
    Timothy Mayes

Originally Posted by timmymayes View Post
    i can totally see the improvement man keep it up. Oh and I have a thoery about tanning being good for your when body building too...dunno but i try to do it 3x a week at least 20 min.
    Thanks timmy!

Yeah as you can SEE I have NOT put the tanning theory into practice haha. I need to get my white ass into some sun. Next week is Spring Break, so I'm going to try to be outside more. And also PERHAPS for the first time ever go to a tanning salon, uggg...hehe.

Registered User midnight_maraud3r's Avatar
    midnight_maraud3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) midnight_maraud3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) midnight_maraud3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) midnight_maraud3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) midnight_maraud3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) midnight_maraud3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) midnight_maraud3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) midnight_maraud3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) midnight_maraud3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) midnight_maraud3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) midnight_maraud3r will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    you mean, it's good for bodybuilding because you can see more definition when you're tanned? or another reason?

making some good progress bud...i'm watching u liek a hwak.

Originally Posted by midnight_maraud3r View Post
    you mean, it's good for bodybuilding because you can see more definition when you're tanned? or another reason?

making some good progress bud...i'm watching u liek a hwak.
    Thanks mate,
    No besides that. I have read in some places that tanning actually increases testerone. I will try to find a more legitimate link, but here is one...

This one is kinda crap.
    These are related to sexually improvements from the testerone, but I've read in a bodybuilding article of the same benefits for weight lifting.

http://www.sun-wellness.com/articles/131feat3.html
    "It also was known that sunlight increases production of the male hormone testosterone"

Here is another link.
    http://www.secretsunlax.com/Benefits.asp

Registered User midnight_maraud3r's Avatar
    midnight_maraud3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) midnight_maraud3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) midnight_maraud3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) midnight_maraud3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) midnight_maraud3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) midnight_maraud3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) midnight_maraud3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) midnight_maraud3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) midnight_maraud3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) midnight_maraud3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) midnight_maraud3r will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    as far as i know, testosterone is testosterone. so i don't see why it wouldn't have extra fat loss/muscle gaining benefits.

i wonder though if it's something that you get from actual sun exposure or if tanning beds work too? or is it the same thing?

that's pretty cool though...i think i'm gonna start laying out. plus it will help me not look like a ****in ghost at the beach.

Originally Posted by midnight_maraud3r View Post
    as far as i know, testosterone is testosterone. so i don't see why it wouldn't have extra fat loss/muscle gaining benefits.

i wonder though if it's something that you get from actual sun exposure or if tanning beds work too? or is it the same thing?

that's pretty cool though...i think i'm gonna start laying out. plus it will help me not look like a ****in ghost at the beach.
    Yeah I'm gonna try to find out about natural vs tanning beds, I'll let ya know.

Otherwise.... DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN, my alarm clock froze up, and my phone was on silent. I woke up at 6 today, and just was like...hmmmmm it feels late. I looked over at my clock, nope 4am. Did it again, 4:25. Looked at computer...6:30. BOoooo. Oh well I'll workout AFTER class, which will be the beginning of spring break. Since I'm not doing anything special. I'm considering working out extra hard this week.

Started loading creatine as of last night. Drinking ridiculous amounts of water, and I am a one man firetruck with having to pee. But going to lift fairly soon, and we'll see if I see any effects of the Creatine just after one day... Probably will take couple days for it to kick in, but then again you never know.

benjamminb6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) benjamminb6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) benjamminb6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) benjamminb6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) benjamminb6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) benjamminb6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) benjamminb6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) benjamminb6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) benjamminb6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) benjamminb6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) benjamminb6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hey bro, I have been considering starting keto myself, so I really enjoy and appreciate your thread. You look like you are definitely making progress after only 3 weeks!!! The scale certainly doesn't lie, and you can see much better definition in your chest and arms, as well as less gut, so keep up the good work!!! I think your post has inspired me to go for it and try keto myself, so thanks.

Originally Posted by benjamminb6 View Post
    Hey bro, I have been considering starting keto myself, so I really enjoy and appreciate your thread. You look like you are definitely making progress after only 3 weeks!!! The scale certainly doesn't lie, and you can see much better definition in your chest and arms, as well as less gut, so keep up the good work!!! I think your post has inspired me to go for it and try keto myself, so thanks.
    Wow thanks! haha Glad to be an inspiration, but I really have to say, I've gone down weight using other diets before, but KETO is by far my favorite. Its not that tough sticking to it, since you're never damn hungry! Good luck to you when you do start your own Keto journey, otherwise always feel free to shoot me any questions.

Gonna hit the gym right now, although its "Rush Hour" I figure I'll go fight the crowds, so I'm not going to bed too late. Back and Biceps today.

I'll start posting my lifts again, so I can keep track of whether I go up any due to the creatine. Otherwise I've mostly creeped just a bit up on the weights.

Just got back from the gym.

Gonna crash, I'll post weights tomorrow. But I think I really felt that creatine today. I had WAY more intensity, and upped the weights on everything by at least 10 lbs, and on some up to 30 lbs from what I normally do. I just wanted to throw a dumbell through the roof lol

Well 5:30 workout tomorrow, some Chest and Triceps. I don't think I'm doing a carb up this weekend, doesn't feel like I need one to be honest.

This morning I had a great Chest and Tricep workout. Feeling fine now, a little sore, but thats because I haven't had a rest day since almost 2 weeks ago. (I know..bad)

NeverthelesS Yesterdays Bicep and Back workout:

Seated Close Grip Row
    190 x 10
    190 x 10
    190 x 10

Lat Pulldown
    190 x 10
    190 x 10
    190 x 10

Barbell Curl
    90 x 10
    75 x 10
    75 x 10

Cable Curls using the Twisted Barbell
    130 x 10
    130 x 10
    130 x 10

Lower Back extensions (Using 45 plate on chest)

45 x 10
    45 x 10
    45 x 10

45 minutes of Cardio, 8.0 incline 3.5 speed. Last 5 minutes consecutively increasing Incline by 0.5 every 30 seconds. Finishing at 15. Heart at 130bpm throughout the workout, and finishing at 160-165.

Today's Chest Workout.
    Dumbell Chest Press
    70 x 10
    70 x 10
    70 x 10

Belt Tricep Extension (Using a rope)
    70 x 10
    70 x 10
    70 x 10

Bench Butterflies w/ DBs
    40 x 10
    40 x 10
    40 x 10

My own special version of Standing Decline Cable Press, No idea how to describe this one.

70 x 10
    70 x 10
    70 x 10

A 4 part ab circuit x 3

another 45 minutes of cardio, same 8.0 incline, 3.5 speed.

Still loading the creatine, Had some chicken, cheese, and avocado for breakfast. Today I will do some food shopping, and change up the food a little.

And I noticed a vein popping out under my calf which I've never have seen before really, so thats cool haha. Arms look a little more cut, with biceps showing up better. Wednesday is the 1 month mark and I'm on Spring break as of right now, nothing special planned, just taking it easy. And my school has paid me by giving couple midterms the day I return so studying.
    But I'm gonna hit the gym hard this week, to try to show some good final results for the first month. 1/3 way there, for this 3 months cut. But I have a feeling I'll keep going when I'm done.

YAY FOR FRIDAY!

Legs tomorrow yaaaaaaaay , felt fine all day. Except I did a boo boo...I ate all my calories by 4pm so I was like damn. So I went on a little walk, and chilled in a hot tub most of the night, and then ate some more.

First rest day since 2 sundays ago. I'm going to take advantage of it...

Otherwise I'm gonna crash I'm just dead tired now. And gotta charge the batteries for St. Patties day.

Soon its going to mark my 1 month anniversary. Have yet to miss a workout (and a day of class) its actually something remarkable for me, and I think the routine and consistency is really helping me out in more aspects than one.