Thread: Bulking Split

ThunderStorm has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ThunderStorm has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ThunderStorm has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ThunderStorm has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ThunderStorm has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ThunderStorm has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ThunderStorm has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ThunderStorm has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Bulking Split

Hey anyone out there reading this, I would like to know what a good training split is for someone who is bulking. Here is my current split

5 Days Split
    ------------
    Sun - Off
    Mon - Chest/Forearms/Abs
    Tue - Legs/Biceps/Calves
    Wed - Shoulders/Abs
    Thu - Triceps/Biceps/Calves
    Fri - Back/Abs
    Sat - Off

Any info would be nice thank you, bye

young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ThunderStorm
    Hey anyone out there reading this, I would like to know what a good training split is for someone who is bulking. Here is my current split

5 Days Split
    ------------
    Sun - Off
    Mon - Chest/Forearms/Abs
    Tue - Legs/Biceps/Calves
    Wed - Shoulders/Abs
    Fri - Back/Abs
    Sat - Off

I never responded well to hit each bodypart once a week, when I went to hitting each muscle twice a week I saw much better results. The main thing is you have to find out what works for you and what doesnt. I recommend you hit each muscle twice a week. Something like this

Monday: Upper
    Tuesday: Lower
    Wed: Rest or Cardio
    Thursday: Upper
    Friday: Lower
    Saturday: Rest or Cardio
    Sunday: Rest

There are many ways to hit each muscle twice a week, this is just an example. What do you respond to best?
    New 5/3/1 Strength Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152156313&p=1031620863#post1031620863

flex Magazine June 2008 spirit3530's Avatar
    spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ThunderStorm

5 Days Split
    ------------
    Sun - Off
    Mon - Chest/Forearms/Abs
    Tue - Legs/Biceps/Calves
    Wed - Shoulders/Abs
    Fri - Back/Abs
    Sat - Off

How long have been lifting? What is your diet like? What exercises/set/reps you thinking about using?

In the current scenario if you were lifting ....
    Chest forearms abs
    incline BB 3 6-8
    Weighted dips 4 8-10
    flat dbs 3 8-10
    cable x-overs 3 10

rev wrist curls 3-8
    reg wrist curls 3-8
    static holds 3 20sec

V crunches 3x25
    leg raises 3x15
    weighted crunches 3x6

rest time 30sec

It may be a nice change if you have been on a 3 day per week schedule. But really can't answer your question well without the above questions answered.
    Cha Cha Cha

finishfirst19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) finishfirst19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) finishfirst19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) finishfirst19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) finishfirst19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) finishfirst19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) finishfirst19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) finishfirst19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) finishfirst19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) finishfirst19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) finishfirst19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by young_squatter

Monday: Upper
    Tuesday: Lower
    Wed: Rest or Cardio
    Thursday: Upper
    Friday: Lower
    Saturday: Rest or Cardio
    Sunday: Rest
    that's exactly what i'm doing and its working amazing

ThunderStorm has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ThunderStorm has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ThunderStorm has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ThunderStorm has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ThunderStorm has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ThunderStorm has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ThunderStorm has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ThunderStorm has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    well, i've been lifting for a few yrs and am pretty strong. I chose a 5 day split right now bcuz all ive ever done is the one you suggested young_squatter cuz our coach made us, and i have a very undeveloped back in my opinion from it as well as biceps and abs so i figure i should hit every muscle i can through a 5 day split. i dont know if this makes sense to you guys. anyways, i think i will try it for a little while and see how it works, it couldnt hurt i guess. and to spirit, what is a static hold? anyways, ill start my journal tomorrow, hope u guys watch it every now and then and add sum thought since yall seem to know a lot

PNA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PNA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PNA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PNA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PNA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PNA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PNA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Another possibility:

Monday - Back
    Tuesday - Legs
    Wednesday - Chest
    Thursday - Off
    Friday - Arms
    Saturday - Shoulders
    Sunday - Off