Lean2Mass will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lean2Mass will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lean2Mass will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lean2Mass will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lean2Mass will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lean2Mass will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lean2Mass will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lean2Mass will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lean2Mass will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lean2Mass will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lean2Mass will become famous soon enough. (+50)

What The Hell Happened To Me?! My Upper Right Abdominal Popped Out As I Flexed!

I was flexing tightly and hard a couple days ago when all of a sudden my upper right abdominal muscle popped out of its place! I had to massage it in order for it to go back into its original position. It scared me so much, but there was no pain...just a lot of pressure and that spot felt a little bruised the next day. What could have happened? It wasn't throbbing, so I doubt it was a hernia but this has never happened to me before and now I'm afraid to flex, in fear that one of my abdominal muscles will dislocate again.

My abdominal muscle dislocated exactly where the line is pointing in the picture above. It was the abdominal right beneath my right pec.
    Lift with your body, not your ego.

litereater1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hernia?

""By far most hernias develop in the abdomen, when a weakness in the abdominal wall evolves into a localized hole, or "defect", through which adipose tissue, or abdominal organs covered with peritoneum, may protrude.""

nightwolfz is on a distinguished road. (+10) nightwolfz is on a distinguished road. (+10) nightwolfz is on a distinguished road. (+10) nightwolfz is on a distinguished road. (+10) nightwolfz is on a distinguished road. (+10) nightwolfz is on a distinguished road. (+10) nightwolfz is on a distinguished road. (+10) nightwolfz is on a distinguished road. (+10) nightwolfz is on a distinguished road. (+10) nightwolfz is on a distinguished road. (+10) nightwolfz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    my second left ab cramped painfully a few times after my previous abs workout, had to sit down for like 20min for them to go away.

Not sure if you have anything similar, it felt like it was dislocated as well and I had to massage it for a few mins
    Rep it, or rep it not. There is no try

"Use only that which works,
    and take it from any place you can find it" -Bruce Lee

frumbauskas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Happened to me too!

I found this old thread doing a search after the same thing happened to me today for the 2nd time in 2 months!

The first time I went straight to the doctor thinking it was a hernia. It wasn't - he examined it and took x-rays and confirmed that nothing is wrong, it's just a weird muscular thing. He said whenever it happens, lay off training for a few days and take Advil or another anti-inflammatory.

What's annoying is after it happens I have a bit of soreness there for a couple of days along with muscle spasms.

koalamuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i just posted this same question a few days ago...i have had this same thing happen 2x in the past year. the last time was around 3 months ago and the muscle is still bothering me. haven't really worked out too much in the past 3 months which is driving me crazy.

have you found out what this is? docs told me strained muscle or tendon and chiro is treating it as costocondritis. both none of these providers has ever heard of the muscle popping out as it has for you or me.

carclar will become famous soon enough. (+50) carclar will become famous soon enough. (+50) carclar will become famous soon enough. (+50) carclar will become famous soon enough. (+50) carclar will become famous soon enough. (+50) carclar will become famous soon enough. (+50) carclar will become famous soon enough. (+50) carclar will become famous soon enough. (+50) carclar will become famous soon enough. (+50) carclar will become famous soon enough. (+50) carclar will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My bottom left ab does this. It pops out and starts cramping / twitching. I have noticed a trend in that it happens more so when I'm dieting and have done a lot of cardio. Then when I go to lift weights or stretch it happens. I have to stop what I'm doing and massage it as it feels like it is going to explode and cause me a world of pain, but as of yet it hasn't exploded nor caused pain. I just have to babysit it for a day or two and it's fine again.

C

koalamuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    had the same thing happen 3x in the past 2 years. still haven't gotten any diagnosis from anyone. did you? km

dave098 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Direct hernia normally only happens in Hasselbach region (lower pelvis). Its quite unlikely it would be hernia unless you have other symptom accompany it. However, Im no medical expert. Maybe check your doctor if its bothering you.

Stev-O will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stev-O will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stev-O will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stev-O will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stev-O will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stev-O will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stev-O will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stev-O will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stev-O will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stev-O will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stev-O will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This same thing has been happening to me with my lower left ab. Usually it happens the day of or the day after I work out and usually I'm straining or doing something while bending over when it happens. It does cause pain for me but then goes away after a minute or two. The area is still sore for a day or two after though but then is fine. Anyone have a concrete answer for this?

hollohan1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Left Ab muscle spasm

This is exactly what happened to me last night! had 1 hour of chest and just did a ab workout on the bench 20 rips, than bamb! my left ab literally spasmed out, i pushed it back in went to the doctors and she set me up with an ultra sound, told me to take the week off, i really don't want to miss gym days,
    next day which is now, not hurting at all, a little tense, but really nothing, what to do! ? Did you find out any info?

gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gibbsy08 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi hopefully this thread is still alive this has happened to me a few times and it is always scary when it happens and sore and like the guys in the posts before I have to massage it back in.

Just the other day had a really good chest workout not a twinge during my workout then I was getting ready for work 20mins later just when I was putting on my socks it popped out sharp pain masaged it back tried to put the other sock on same happened again as I said this is so scary and the first thing you think of is a hernia and you think your lifting days are over the very first time this happened to me I was on a bus and I bent over to get something out my bag and my ab locked up and popped out and I thought it would never go back in I haven't spoke to my doc yet but if any one has an idea what is going on it would be a great help.

On a side note this similar thing happens to me when I yawn sometimes and when I am really tired just above where my adams apple is I get a sharp pain and something pops out and I get a sharp pain and it gives you a jolt and just like my abs I have to massage it back into place it's like a muscle or a tendon popping out and it's really sore anyone got any info why this happens thanks.