Starting MMA Classes NOW! shivastorm's Avatar
    shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10) shivastorm is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Does this diet my mom want to go on looks good?

its on a seven day basis:
    Allowed drinks: Tea, coffee, Juice (no sugar), skim milk, WATER

day 1: as much fruit as you want, NO BANANA + soup
    day 2: As much veggies as you want (no lentils or stuff like that) + 1 potato with butter + soup
    day 3: as much fruit + veggies as you want + soup (it says you shouldve lost 5 to 7 pounds so far
    day 4: 3-4 bananas, skim milk (A LOT) + soup
    day 5: 20oz max of beef + tomatoes as much as you want + soup
    day 6: As much meat and veggies as you want (meat or fish) + soup
    day 7: brown rice, juice (no sugar) as much as you want + soup

According to the diet, she should lose 10 to 17 pounds in a week

the soup:

A LOT of tomatoes
    1 or 2 ognion
    a can of Chicken broth
    1 mix of Lipton Soup
    1 celeri
    2 green peppers
    2 pounds of carrots
    seasoned with: salt, pepper and other spices

phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Answer: No. It's not balanced and appears to be a fad/quick-fix type of thing. Your diet should be something that you can stick with over the long term, not for a month or two.

10+ pounds/week!? Also not a good idea even if that's possible.
    Jon Cole's Gym: '79 - '85
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9275071&d=1603917754

Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No, that's horrible. She may lose a lot of weight, but she is going to slow her metabolism so much that when she does start eating more food, she will gain back all she lost, and then some.
    "Go home, have a beer and smash something. That's what I would do" - Unknown (but probably Thor).

justapixel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) justapixel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) justapixel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) justapixel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) justapixel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) justapixel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) justapixel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) justapixel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) justapixel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) justapixel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) justapixel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    She needs to eat right for her metabolism. That looks like a variation of the "cabbage soup diet" to me, which is a fad that doesn't work.

If she is interested in just dropping a dress size or something for an event in one week, I would recommend she try Michael Thurmond's Six Day Body Makeover. It will give her a healthy eating plan for her body type. But, it's not designed to be something she lives on.

If she needs to lose a lot of weight permanently, then she needs to be sensible about it and go slowly. She should learn what to eat and when, and fit exercise into her life. She has to think of weight loss as an entire lifestyle change - not a magic diet that will melt the pounds away.

That's easy to say, I know.

Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    My advice is to go buy a copy of the South Beach Diet it was a fad book but it actually does preach a lifestyle method and has An A to Z program that she can follow.

I would say that you can get all the advice you need here and you can, but I sense that she isn't worried about gaining muscle while losing weight whereas out diets tend to lean that way. They also have a web site with a forum much like ours. There she can have talks with some very smart people about the diet.
    http://www.southbeach-diet-plan.com/

She might also want to check some of the other diet books before deciding on a plan..

Now I will join the chorus with the others, the plan you are looking at not only is bad it probably is Dangerous..
    HuH?

Queenie02 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Since I may be your mom's age (I'm 45) my input might be useful. BTW Justapixel is right, that is a variation of the cabbage soup diet. Believe me, I've tried it all ... Weight Watchers, Lean for Life, Thin for Life, South Beach, Atkins. It gets a lot tougher to loose after 40.

Quickest weight loss was Atkins ... about 25 pounds in a month. As soon as I ate a few bagels, it was pretty much all over, gained it all back plus 5 pounds. So if she just wants to drop 20 pounds quick and doesn't care if it comes back or not, Atkins is the way to go. (Although I'm sure if I had stayed with it the weight would have stayed off, it just wasn't for me).

For healthy, permanent weight loss, South Beach is probably the best. It is a lifestyle change (again as Justapixel said) but not a very difficult one. Of the commercial weight loss plans this is the most sensible (for weight loss, not muscle gain ... the author doesn't place much emphasis on exercise which for me has kept the weight off).

hohandy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hohandy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hohandy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hohandy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hohandy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hohandy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hohandy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hohandy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hohandy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hohandy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hohandy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Does your mom do any exercise?

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It's a terrible diet.

However, that's a good chance that at her age, she probably is starting to develop insulin problems of some sort, so some sort of carb-restricted diet would help her most, and a strict low-fat would be less helpful.

The classic Atkins, if she reads the book and does it right (gradually and slowly reintroducing clean carbs after an initial period of fast weight loss) is good. If she treats it as a crash diet, and goes back to her old ways, it will be a disaster.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders