Rodrigo11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Angry *FAST or SLOW reps*? *Bicep Question*

1. What type of reps is Ideal? Fast or Slow Reps? I've read articles saying both can be efficient, I was wondering what you guys think work the best.

2. I just started lifting again[had to take off because of Wrestling season] and my knowledge/experience is a bit rusty. For Bi's/Tri's, should I be using heavy weights [Long Bar/Dumb Bells] to see an increase in size/strength or moderate weights. Also how many reps should I be doing for increased size/strength.

3. Is better to do Chest/Bi's , Back/Tri's or Chest/Tri's, Back/ Bi's

Thanks.

Hue Ghas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hue Ghas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hue Ghas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hue Ghas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hue Ghas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hue Ghas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hue Ghas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hue Ghas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hue Ghas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hue Ghas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hue Ghas is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Slow reps help you keep a proper form. I could do 100 reps right now with only 10 in proper form. Only that 10 would really do me any good.

I would say go with slow.

clutchang has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) clutchang has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) clutchang has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) clutchang has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Rodrigo11
    1. What type of reps is Ideal? Fast or Slow Reps? I've read articles saying both can be efficient, I was wondering what you guys think work the best.

2. I just started lifting again[had to take off because of Wrestling season] and my knowledge/experience is a bit rusty. For Bi's/Tri's, should I be using heavy weights [Long Bar/Dumb Bells] to see an increase in size/strength or moderate weights. Also how many reps should I be doing for increased size/strength.

Thanks.
    1) Both - you answered your own question.
    2) Use a wide range of rep schemes, have a heavy day, and a light day.
    3) I prefer Chest/Bi's, Back/Tri's, however both are good.

B.S. Kinesiology CSCS Vipersg123's Avatar
    Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000)
    well, when you curl it up it should be moderatly fast... while when you are in the negative portion of it, it should take twice as long to get to the bottom as it took to curl it up. Very important to focus on the negative, it's where most of the tearing occurs. Also i hate it when people curl and they bring the bar all the way to their shoulders, once you get to the point where tension is gone in the bicep then you have curled to far...

clutchang has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) clutchang has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) clutchang has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) clutchang has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Vipersg123
    well, when you curl it up it should be moderatly fast... while when you are in the negative portion of it, it should take twice as long to get to the bottom as it took to curl it up. Very important to focus on the negative, it's where most of the tearing occurs. Also i hate it when people curl and they bring the bar all the way to their shoulders, once you get to the point where tension is gone in the bicep then you have curled to far...
    I hate it when people post after I already answered the guy's question.

Push it reeeall good X_riddick_X's Avatar
    X_riddick_X has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) X_riddick_X has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by clutchang
    Everyone can put there own 2-cents in...

Originally Posted by X_riddick_X
    Everyone can put there own 2-cents in...
    I don't see a penny jar around here, do you?

Yukimushu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yukimushu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yukimushu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yukimushu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yukimushu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yukimushu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yukimushu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yukimushu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yukimushu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yukimushu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yukimushu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by clutchang
    I don't; because Vipersg123 answer was less brief than yours and more informative.

dreamitbig has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dreamitbig has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dreamitbig has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dreamitbig has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dreamitbig has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dreamitbig has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dreamitbig has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dreamitbig has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Rodrigo11 View Post

Thanks.
    My name is Gene and i have used both fast and slow and slow motion is the winner. The 1st time i tried slow motion 10 seconds on the negative and positive and the range of motion is 6 inches and when you do the positive part of the rep and you get to the top do not straighten your arms, you must keep tension on the muscle at all times, when you get to the top of the positive you pause for 3 seconds and when you get to the bottom you pause for 3 seconds also, the total time for each rep should be 26 seconds. The muscle will grow like it was on steroids. Give this a try for a couple of months and see what you get. good luck.
    You can lift fast and you will gain some size but you will soon plateau or stop growing and then you have to figure out how to get out of that plateau. Just about everyone when they lifting weights will gain simply because your shocking the muscle, thats nature and thats why slow motion reps work so well, each rep you do when doin slow motion you need to go with enough weight that you will fail at 8reps and you have to have the burn goin, if you dont have the burn then you need to increase the weight a little. Take for instance i did leg ext. and my overall reps is the 1st 2 sets i go to 8 reps and i not only created a burn on every set but by the time i got to the 3rd set using the slow motion my legs were begging me to stop but i went on until i got 5 reps.