Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    dajsh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    let's make it 1000 per day
    i read we can be effected easily on keto

so, can you answer my question

and is it dangerous to consume while we're on keto

Registered Offender gabrielsyler's Avatar
    gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gabrielsyler is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I found that I didn't get drunk easier because of being on keto, I just got drunk easier because I hadn't drank for so long. BUT I did find my hangovers where a lot worse! I guess you've just got to use self judgement. You'll probably find for every person that says its harmful to drink whilst on keto their will be another who says its fine. I drank a couple of times whilst on keto and I survived. I always made sure my total calorie intake didnt exceed my TDEE and I'd be back in Keto (ketostix) by the following midday.

Just eat before you drink

mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Horses for courses really...
    Lots of the advice here is very good, but personally, I am in the same camp as you.

Keto is Great! But its not going to become the defining factor of my life... so yes I will go out for drinks and worry about the calories later...

I experimented with different beers, and found that Holsten Pils (8g of carbs per 500ml can if I remember rightly) I can drink 6 and still be in ketosis the next day, as long as I make sure I have ZERO net carbs in food that day.
    White/Red wine, I can drink a couple of bottles and stay in quite happily,
    Spirits, drink as much as you like as long as you arent mixing it with sugary fizzies.

Healthy? Not as healthy as some of you I'm sure.. But once a week isn't gonna kill ya. And it really isn't going to slow your fat loss down that much if you manage your cals right.

EDIT:

Forgot to add that I may be in the minority that can take carbs that high and stay in Ketosis... without exercise I will be producing ketones in 24-36 hours after a carb up, With some lifting + 30 mins cardio, <24 hours so maybe my body just likes meat and cheese that much!!

dajsh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mattward1979 View Post
    Horses for courses really...
    Lots of the advice here is very good, but personally, I am in the same camp as you.

Keto is Great! But its not going to become the defining factor of my life... so yes I will go out for drinks and worry about the calories later...

I experimented with different beers, and found that Holsten Pils (8g of carbs per 500ml can if I remember rightly) I can drink 6 and still be in ketosis the next day, as long as I make sure I have ZERO net carbs in food that day.
    White/Red wine, I can drink a couple of bottles and stay in quite happily,
    Spirits, drink as much as you like as long as you arent mixing it with sugary fizzies.

Healthy? Not as healthy as some of you I'm sure.. But once a week isn't gonna kill ya. And it really isn't going to slow your fat loss down that much if you manage your cals right.

EDIT:

Forgot to add that I may be in the minority that can take carbs that high and stay in Ketosis... without exercise I will be producing ketones in 24-36 hours after a carb up, With some lifting + 30 mins cardio, <24 hours so maybe my body just likes meat and cheese that much!!
    thanks for the response buddy..
    but a point that i don't understand, how can i manage my calories?
    if i am taking 2500, in the alcohol day ihave to take for example 1500 right?
    and still from 65/30/5 ratio

MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Lol, ketone, Alcohol.....secondary versus terminal Carbon.
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

Getting big: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136802401

- Alan Aragon www.alanaragon.com

mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by dajsh View Post
    thanks for the response buddy..
    but a point that i don't understand, how can i manage my calories?
    if i am taking 2500, in the alcohol day ihave to take for example 1500 right?
    and still from 65/30/5 ratio
    calories you need in a 7 day period to cut - calories from any booze you plan to have / 7 = daily food calories.
    If you go out on spontaneously, recalculate for the next week factoring in the booze you had

Or just don't worry about it too much, and do some cardio to minimise the negative calorie impact (My preferred method!)

Originally Posted by mattward1979 View Post
    calories you need in a 7 day period to cut - calories from any booze you plan to have / 7 = daily food calories.
    If you go out on spontaneously, recalculate for the next week factoring in the booze you had

Or just don't worry about it too much, and do some cardio to minimise the negative calorie impact (My preferred method!)
    Realised later that you might have meant managing calories in a Keto sense..

I wouldnt worry. Alcohol will stop you producing ketones while you process the booze, but you will kick back in as soon as that process is done with and you are back being glycogen deficient.
    If it takes the average person 2-3 days of low net carbs to get into ketosis, 100g of crappy carbs will not boot you out for more than a few hours.

After a while of dipping in and out with carb ups, you should find it easier to stay in, and have a higher tolerance to net carbs than when you first started out!

Have fun with it and experiment.

paolo6880 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would stay away from alcohol from what I've heard. I've been on keto for 6 days. I may start to experiment with alcohol after a couple of weeks. By experiment I mean one or two vodka diet coke a week. See if that kicks me out of ketosis. Hopefully not! I like a drink here and there!

blahhhhhhhhh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Autino View Post
    Yes, drinking alcohal can and will kick you out of ketosis.
    It will also add a bunch of unwanted calories to your diet, and reek havok on your body.

Drinking is not healthy!
    Also, if you have to ask that questions about alcohal you really should reconsider either 1 of 2 things:

1. drinking as much as you do
    2. living a healthy lifestyle

The 2 do not go along with one another.

Sounds like you need to make a choice, and the fact that you are seeking out help here means that this is a struggle for you.
    It lets us know how important drinking is to you, and how much you are potentialy willing to sacrafice to keep drinking.

Why not go in to a bar and ask them how they feel about you doing the keto diet, and whether it will interfer with your ability to get drunk or not? doesnt make much sense right?
    Neither does drinking 3 times per week while trying to live a healthy lifestyle.

Bloody hell! I believe in being strict with diets etc but if you want to go out and have some fun and have the occasional night off a week do it! 3 times is maybe a little too much but each to their own!
    Live a little! At the end of the day all work and no play is ****ing boring! (I know thats cheesy but thats the only way I can put it)
    Im strict with my diet but c'mon surely you can have a little fun once in awhile? I mean if drinking is your thing than have a drink! Just work out a little extra and i'm sure it will be worth a good night out
    I mean I love to drink and rave and this hasn't really slowed the pace that much, enjoy abit of everything. Being completely restricted is fine for some and definitely not for others!

kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I may be wrong, but I think most alcoholic beverages, including beer and liquor, have carbs in them as well. That's why I drink vodka if I have to drink, which absolutely has 0 carbs.

kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by blahhhhhhhhh View Post
    Bloody hell! I believe in being strict with diets etc but if you want to go out and have some fun and have the occasional night off a week do it! 3 times is maybe a little too much but each to their own!
    Live a little! At the end of the day all work and no play is ****ing boring! (I know thats cheesy but thats the only way I can put it)
    Im strict with my diet but c'mon surely you can have a little fun once in awhile? I mean if drinking is your thing than have a drink! Just work out a little extra and i'm sure it will be worth a good night out
    I mean I love to drink and rave and this hasn't really slowed the pace that much, enjoy abit of everything. Being completely restricted is fine for some and definitely not for others!
    Bro... 3 times per week is a LOT.

Drinking =/= live a little

not even close

jmal2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmal2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmal2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmal2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmal2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmal2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmal2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmal2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmal2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmal2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmal2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I drink vodka heavily in Keto I love it Im losing weight and enjoying myself.
    You are your thoughts. Life is perception, thoughts are perception, perception is reality ergo thoughts are reality, I think therefore I am.
    ░▒▓█Team Dreamville█▓▒░
    08/08/2011. the day the aesthetics died. never forget.
    (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。 ✧。*・゜
    What's a God to a non-believer?