Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 31 to 42 of 42
  1. #31
    Registered User dajsh's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2013
    Posts: 6
    Rep Power: 0
    dajsh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    dajsh is offline
    let's make it 1000 per day
    i read we can be effected easily on keto

    so, can you answer my question

    and is it dangerous to consume while we're on keto
    Reply With Quote

  2. #32
    Registered Offender gabrielsyler's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2011
    Location: Australia
    Posts: 1,561
    Rep Power: 0
    gabrielsyler is not very helpful. (-500) gabrielsyler is not very helpful. (-500) gabrielsyler is not very helpful. (-500) gabrielsyler is not very helpful. (-500) gabrielsyler is not very helpful. (-500) gabrielsyler is not very helpful. (-500) gabrielsyler is not very helpful. (-500) gabrielsyler is not very helpful. (-500) gabrielsyler is not very helpful. (-500) gabrielsyler is not very helpful. (-500) gabrielsyler is not very helpful. (-500)
    gabrielsyler is offline
    I found that I didn't get drunk easier because of being on keto, I just got drunk easier because I hadn't drank for so long. BUT I did find my hangovers where a lot worse! I guess you've just got to use self judgement. You'll probably find for every person that says its harmful to drink whilst on keto their will be another who says its fine. I drank a couple of times whilst on keto and I survived. I always made sure my total calorie intake didnt exceed my TDEE and I'd be back in Keto (ketostix) by the following midday.

    Just eat before you drink
    Reply With Quote

  3. #33
    Registered User mattward1979's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2011
    Age: 43
    Posts: 283
    Rep Power: 170
    mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    mattward1979 is offline
    Horses for courses really...
    Lots of the advice here is very good, but personally, I am in the same camp as you.

    Keto is Great! But its not going to become the defining factor of my life... so yes I will go out for drinks and worry about the calories later...

    I experimented with different beers, and found that Holsten Pils (8g of carbs per 500ml can if I remember rightly) I can drink 6 and still be in ketosis the next day, as long as I make sure I have ZERO net carbs in food that day.
    White/Red wine, I can drink a couple of bottles and stay in quite happily,
    Spirits, drink as much as you like as long as you arent mixing it with sugary fizzies.

    Healthy? Not as healthy as some of you I'm sure.. But once a week isn't gonna kill ya. And it really isn't going to slow your fat loss down that much if you manage your cals right.

    EDIT:

    Forgot to add that I may be in the minority that can take carbs that high and stay in Ketosis... without exercise I will be producing ketones in 24-36 hours after a carb up, With some lifting + 30 mins cardio, <24 hours so maybe my body just likes meat and cheese that much!!
    Reply With Quote

  4. #34
    Registered User dajsh's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2013
    Posts: 6
    Rep Power: 0
    dajsh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    dajsh is offline
    Originally Posted by mattward1979 View Post
    Horses for courses really...
    Lots of the advice here is very good, but personally, I am in the same camp as you.

    Keto is Great! But its not going to become the defining factor of my life... so yes I will go out for drinks and worry about the calories later...

    I experimented with different beers, and found that Holsten Pils (8g of carbs per 500ml can if I remember rightly) I can drink 6 and still be in ketosis the next day, as long as I make sure I have ZERO net carbs in food that day.
    White/Red wine, I can drink a couple of bottles and stay in quite happily,
    Spirits, drink as much as you like as long as you arent mixing it with sugary fizzies.

    Healthy? Not as healthy as some of you I'm sure.. But once a week isn't gonna kill ya. And it really isn't going to slow your fat loss down that much if you manage your cals right.

    EDIT:

    Forgot to add that I may be in the minority that can take carbs that high and stay in Ketosis... without exercise I will be producing ketones in 24-36 hours after a carb up, With some lifting + 30 mins cardio, <24 hours so maybe my body just likes meat and cheese that much!!
    thanks for the response buddy..
    but a point that i don't understand, how can i manage my calories?
    if i am taking 2500, in the alcohol day ihave to take for example 1500 right?
    and still from 65/30/5 ratio
    Reply With Quote

  5. #35
    Not banned afterall MarkVI's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2007
    Location: United States
    Posts: 18,523
    Rep Power: 43444
    MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    MarkVI is offline
    Lol, ketone, Alcohol.....secondary versus terminal Carbon.
    www.xccellence.com


    FKK.....We don't play

    Getting big: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136802401

    - Alan Aragon www.alanaragon.com
    Reply With Quote

  6. #36
    Registered User mattward1979's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2011
    Age: 43
    Posts: 283
    Rep Power: 170
    mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    mattward1979 is offline
    Originally Posted by dajsh View Post
    thanks for the response buddy..
    but a point that i don't understand, how can i manage my calories?
    if i am taking 2500, in the alcohol day ihave to take for example 1500 right?
    and still from 65/30/5 ratio
    calories you need in a 7 day period to cut - calories from any booze you plan to have / 7 = daily food calories.
    If you go out on spontaneously, recalculate for the next week factoring in the booze you had

    Or just don't worry about it too much, and do some cardio to minimise the negative calorie impact (My preferred method!)
    Reply With Quote

  7. #37
    Registered User mattward1979's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2011
    Age: 43
    Posts: 283
    Rep Power: 170
    mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mattward1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    mattward1979 is offline
    Originally Posted by mattward1979 View Post
    calories you need in a 7 day period to cut - calories from any booze you plan to have / 7 = daily food calories.
    If you go out on spontaneously, recalculate for the next week factoring in the booze you had

    Or just don't worry about it too much, and do some cardio to minimise the negative calorie impact (My preferred method!)
    Realised later that you might have meant managing calories in a Keto sense..

    I wouldnt worry. Alcohol will stop you producing ketones while you process the booze, but you will kick back in as soon as that process is done with and you are back being glycogen deficient.
    If it takes the average person 2-3 days of low net carbs to get into ketosis, 100g of crappy carbs will not boot you out for more than a few hours.

    After a while of dipping in and out with carb ups, you should find it easier to stay in, and have a higher tolerance to net carbs than when you first started out!

    Have fun with it and experiment.
    Reply With Quote

  8. #38
    Registered User paolo6880's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2012
    Posts: 8
    Rep Power: 0
    paolo6880 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    paolo6880 is offline
    I would stay away from alcohol from what I've heard. I've been on keto for 6 days. I may start to experiment with alcohol after a couple of weeks. By experiment I mean one or two vodka diet coke a week. See if that kicks me out of ketosis. Hopefully not! I like a drink here and there!
    Reply With Quote

  9. #39
    Registered User blahhhhhhhhh's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2014
    Age: 31
    Posts: 1
    Rep Power: 0
    blahhhhhhhhh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    blahhhhhhhhh is offline
    Originally Posted by Autino View Post
    Yes, drinking alcohal can and will kick you out of ketosis.
    It will also add a bunch of unwanted calories to your diet, and reek havok on your body.

    Drinking is not healthy!
    Also, if you have to ask that questions about alcohal you really should reconsider either 1 of 2 things:

    1. drinking as much as you do
    2. living a healthy lifestyle

    The 2 do not go along with one another.

    Sounds like you need to make a choice, and the fact that you are seeking out help here means that this is a struggle for you.
    It lets us know how important drinking is to you, and how much you are potentialy willing to sacrafice to keep drinking.

    Why not go in to a bar and ask them how they feel about you doing the keto diet, and whether it will interfer with your ability to get drunk or not? doesnt make much sense right?
    Neither does drinking 3 times per week while trying to live a healthy lifestyle.



    Bloody hell! I believe in being strict with diets etc but if you want to go out and have some fun and have the occasional night off a week do it! 3 times is maybe a little too much but each to their own!
    Live a little! At the end of the day all work and no play is ****ing boring! (I know thats cheesy but thats the only way I can put it)
    Im strict with my diet but c'mon surely you can have a little fun once in awhile? I mean if drinking is your thing than have a drink! Just work out a little extra and i'm sure it will be worth a good night out
    I mean I love to drink and rave and this hasn't really slowed the pace that much, enjoy abit of everything. Being completely restricted is fine for some and definitely not for others!
    Reply With Quote

  10. #40
    Archwizard kanis999's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2011
    Location: Reston, Virginia, United States
    Age: 34
    Posts: 9,126
    Rep Power: 22497
    kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    kanis999 is offline
    I may be wrong, but I think most alcoholic beverages, including beer and liquor, have carbs in them as well. That's why I drink vodka if I have to drink, which absolutely has 0 carbs.
    Reply With Quote

  11. #41
    Archwizard kanis999's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2011
    Location: Reston, Virginia, United States
    Age: 34
    Posts: 9,126
    Rep Power: 22497
    kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    kanis999 is offline
    Originally Posted by blahhhhhhhhh View Post
    Bloody hell! I believe in being strict with diets etc but if you want to go out and have some fun and have the occasional night off a week do it! 3 times is maybe a little too much but each to their own!
    Live a little! At the end of the day all work and no play is ****ing boring! (I know thats cheesy but thats the only way I can put it)
    Im strict with my diet but c'mon surely you can have a little fun once in awhile? I mean if drinking is your thing than have a drink! Just work out a little extra and i'm sure it will be worth a good night out
    I mean I love to drink and rave and this hasn't really slowed the pace that much, enjoy abit of everything. Being completely restricted is fine for some and definitely not for others!
    Bro... 3 times per week is a LOT.

    Drinking =/= live a little

    not even close
    Reply With Quote

  12. #42
    Short for a Manmore jmal2000's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2009
    Location: Arizona, United States
    Age: 35
    Posts: 6,391
    Rep Power: 14882
    jmal2000 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jmal2000 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jmal2000 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jmal2000 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jmal2000 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jmal2000 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jmal2000 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jmal2000 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jmal2000 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jmal2000 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jmal2000 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    jmal2000 is offline
    I drink vodka heavily in Keto I love it Im losing weight and enjoying myself.
    ░▒▓█Team Dreamville█▓▒░
    08/08/2011. the day the aesthetics died. never forget.
    (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。 ✧。*・゜
    What's a God to a non-believer?
    Reply With Quote

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts