Thread: what do you...?

Haver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Haver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Haver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Haver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Haver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Haver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Haver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Haver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Haver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Haver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Haver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

what do you...?

Take for supplements? Does the over 35 have to take anything different? I am looking for what creatine I can take along with my 100% Whey protein I take. Is there something you prefer? I have looked on the Supplement forum but dont yet understand all the different stuff people take so I ask some of the guys my own age what is good and not.....what works for you?

Sorry I know Im new so keep that in mind.

Thanks

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Even in the OV35 you will get mix messages, good luck!

I for one take a **** load of supplements and I know of many who rarely take any.
    On the list for Bannukah

britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I take my creatine via animal pump by universal but i also take 2 pump by beast. I don't take creatine as such [ on its own ] but the gym i train at , most favour the ultimate nutrition creatine capsules.Hope it helps but as the wiseman [ bodyhard] said , you'll get many views.
    Within the realms of reason - nothing is impossible.
    IMMORTALITY IS A STATE OF MIND
    Like the Mighty Welsh Dragon that fortifies my blood - SURRENDER IS NOT AN OPTION.

cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz
    Whey Protein
    Multi - Vita
    1000 mg Vita C
    Flax seed and Fish Oil
    Glucosamine/Chondroitin with MSM

I will probably ad L-Glutimin and Creatine here before too long.

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

The more I workout at commercial gyms, the more I hate commercial gyms.

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Haver View Post
    Take for supplements? Does the over 35 have to take anything different? I am looking for what creatine I can take along with my 100% Whey protein I take. Is there something you prefer? I have looked on the Supplement forum but dont yet understand all the different stuff people take so I ask some of the guys my own age what is good and not.....what works for you?

Thanks
    If you are new to training, be careful about getting too involved in supplements.

Supplements are just that: a supplement to real food and no supplement will counteract mistakes in nutrition and training.

Again, if you new to training, you should focus at the start on proper form, learning about proper bodybuilding and nutritional principles and then implementing these especially a proper eating plan centered around real food. Once you have the basics down, THEN consider supplements. And only after you have done extensive research on your own. You can get advice from people here, but what you decide to use should be based on your individual goals, body type and specific physique and training strengths and weaknesses.

At the start, taking a multi vitamin/multi mineral plus things like extra vitamin C and maybe B Complex, whey protein powder for pre and post workout, and possibly glutamine is all that you need.

Spending money now on creatine and other more advanced supplements will all be wasted if you are not doing things right. I know. Been there and done that the first two years I trained.
    "People listen to rich folks. People they pray for poor folks"- John Thompson, long time head basketball coach at Georgetown University.

Passion doesn't pay the bills. G4P does.

Haver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Haver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Haver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Haver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Haver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Haver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Haver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Haver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Haver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Haver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Haver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the good info

Tallho will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tallho will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tallho will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tallho will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tallho will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tallho will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tallho will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tallho will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tallho will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tallho will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tallho will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good ole whey pro,multi.,flax seed,bcaa.
    Alive in the super unknown!

chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I do the following
    animal pack multi
    BCAA capsules
    I have been using cellmass by BSN for creatine
    but decided I was paying too much so I just ordered some higher power brand creatine ethyl ester, its still creatine but its 10 cents per serving instead of a dollar.

asmolenski will become famous soon enough. (+50) asmolenski will become famous soon enough. (+50) asmolenski will become famous soon enough. (+50) asmolenski will become famous soon enough. (+50) asmolenski will become famous soon enough. (+50) asmolenski will become famous soon enough. (+50) asmolenski will become famous soon enough. (+50) asmolenski will become famous soon enough. (+50) asmolenski will become famous soon enough. (+50) asmolenski will become famous soon enough. (+50) asmolenski will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thanks
    It depends on what your goal is. Are you trying to gain weight - cut fat - prepare for a contest etc - also your current fitness level, body type and experience will also dictate what supplements make sense for you. If you are just starting off then a good nutritional diet with 1 gram protein per pound of body weight is all you need. As you get further along you will find yourself taking supplements to help with specific goals. Bottom line: How hard are you willing to work?
    Dr Smo

FREDROCKS will become famous soon enough. (+50) FREDROCKS will become famous soon enough. (+50) FREDROCKS will become famous soon enough. (+50) FREDROCKS will become famous soon enough. (+50) FREDROCKS will become famous soon enough. (+50) FREDROCKS will become famous soon enough. (+50) FREDROCKS will become famous soon enough. (+50) FREDROCKS will become famous soon enough. (+50) FREDROCKS will become famous soon enough. (+50) FREDROCKS will become famous soon enough. (+50) FREDROCKS will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thanks
    I think u have some good advice here so far. As u progress u will find some supps will work for YOU and some won't. You are not old and u will make great progress. When u start to plateau there are a variety of supps that can help. Nothing can beat commitment, guts and determination. There are many here who have overcome horrible injuries, illnesses and just plain bad luck. NEVER EVER QUIT!
    To ur creatine question- I use Sizeon by gaspari. But, simple mono is great for a year or so. Good Luck and welcome to our world
    Live till u die

Inthegrass is just really nice. (+1000) Inthegrass is just really nice. (+1000) Inthegrass is just really nice. (+1000) Inthegrass is just really nice. (+1000) Inthegrass is just really nice. (+1000) Inthegrass is just really nice. (+1000) Inthegrass is just really nice. (+1000) Inthegrass is just really nice. (+1000) Inthegrass is just really nice. (+1000) Inthegrass is just really nice. (+1000) Inthegrass is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have about a scoop of whey protein once a day in a smoothie along with a tablespoon of green's +. That's it.
    The rest I try to do with eating right and for me lately just eating enough.

Supplements scare me a little, likely because I don't know anything about them. Also from what I read they can be very expensive.

I'm not a good one to ask though because like I already mentioned. I know nothing in that department!!

Jeff

fibesdrummer will become famous soon enough. (+50) fibesdrummer will become famous soon enough. (+50) fibesdrummer will become famous soon enough. (+50) fibesdrummer will become famous soon enough. (+50) fibesdrummer will become famous soon enough. (+50) fibesdrummer will become famous soon enough. (+50) fibesdrummer will become famous soon enough. (+50) fibesdrummer will become famous soon enough. (+50) fibesdrummer will become famous soon enough. (+50) fibesdrummer will become famous soon enough. (+50) fibesdrummer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Multivitamin
    Creatine - Normal loading phase, then twice a day, then Im off , then on
    L-Glutamine 3/ day
    Fish Oil - 2-3/ day
    Glucosamine/Condroiton/MSM - 2 a day
    Indian Pale Ale (Yes, I consider it a supplement. Read the current Issue of Men's Health for just ONE pro-beer article) 1 -2 day

Lots of good healthy REAL FOOD....fresh veggies, fresh fruit (a whole grapefruit makes me FEEL good....dont know why it just does), boneless chicken breast, turkey BLTs....YUMMY, chunk white TUNA.....CARROTS....CARROTS .....CARROTS....

TONS of Water.....all day....
    LOTS of Stretching before, during, after weight lifting.

I do LOTS of body weight excersises....lots of push-ups, negative pushups....

I do full body 3x a week....better recovery for me and less overtraining.....
    Last edited by fibesdrummer; 02-10-2008 at 04:18 PM.