Quags is on a distinguished road. (+10) Quags is on a distinguished road. (+10) Quags is on a distinguished road. (+10) Quags is on a distinguished road. (+10) Quags is on a distinguished road. (+10) Quags is on a distinguished road. (+10) Quags is on a distinguished road. (+10) Quags is on a distinguished road. (+10) Quags is on a distinguished road. (+10) Quags is on a distinguished road. (+10) Quags is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Taking a tryp with Cognitive Nutrition and L-Tryptophan

(My pic I stole from hockeychick, sorry :P)

L-Tryptophan is an essential amino acid found in dietary proteins and converts into Vitamin B-3 and 5-HTP (5-HydroxyTryptophan) in the body. By increasing 5-HTP you increase the level of Serotonin. It supports normal mood, cognitive, and sleep functions.

Serotonin is one of the main neurotransmitters involved in
    relaxation, anti-stress, sleep, mood, social perceptions and cognition.

Supports:

Normal healthy sleep
    Positive heealthy mood
    Social interactions
    memory

Dose: 1-4 capsules daily or as needed.

My evaluations will be based upon:

Stress level
    Mood throughout the day
    Ease of sleep
    Social interaction

Thanks again to Cognitive Nutrition for allowing me to try out their product. I'll be posting updates every other day or so starting tomorrow. I'm taking my first two capsules tonite so I'll let everyone know how it goes tomorrow night after my 8 hour work shift.
    Look up, Get up, but dont <b>ever</b> give up

I rep back!

My Cognitive Nutrition L-Tryptophan Log. Check it out!

http://www.forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=141742851&posted=1#post141742851

Improve your Mind CognitiveNutrition's Avatar
    CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Quags View Post

(My pic I stole from hockeychick, sorry :P)

L-Tryptophan is an essential amino acid found in dietary proteins and converts into Vitamin B-3 and 5-HTP (5-HydroxyTryptophan) in the body. By increasing 5-HTP you increase the level of Serotonin. It supports normal mood, cognitive, and sleep functions.

Serotonin is one of the main neurotransmitters involved in
    relaxation, anti-stress, sleep, mood, social perceptions and cognition.

Supports:

Normal healthy sleep
    Positive heealthy mood
    Social interactions
    memory

Dose: 1-4 capsules daily or as needed.

My evaluations will be based upon:

Stress level
    Mood throughout the day
    Ease of sleep
    Social interaction

Thanks again to Cognitive Nutrition for allowing me to try out their product. I'll be posting updates every other day or so starting tomorrow. I'm taking my first two capsules tonite so I'll let everyone know how it goes tomorrow night after my 8 hour work shift.
    Great start I'll be watching!
    www.cognitivenutrition.com
    www.bodybuilding.com/store/uniq/uniq.htm

PEA 750 mg caps: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/uniq/peaultra.html
    PEA Dosing: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=261217881&postcount=1379

brb... lifting :D Midnight_Lifter's Avatar
    Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Subb'd! Great start to the log... and I love the thread title!

Quags is on a distinguished road. (+10) Quags is on a distinguished road. (+10) Quags is on a distinguished road. (+10) Quags is on a distinguished road. (+10) Quags is on a distinguished road. (+10) Quags is on a distinguished road. (+10) Quags is on a distinguished road. (+10) Quags is on a distinguished road. (+10) Quags is on a distinguished road. (+10) Quags is on a distinguished road. (+10) Quags is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Night One

Okay so after taking my first dose of two caps last night at about 10:30pm, I was out by 11 while watching tv. And just to put on record, that's one of the earliest I've fallen asleep this year during a weekend. I just felt relaxed and calm while laying on my couch and dosed off for the night.

It was a pretty peaceful sleep as I occasionally wake up in the dead of night for no apparent reason, no problems last night though. I'm also not one who sleeps in, its not usually by choice, just once I wake up it's impossible to fall back asleep for me. But after awaking at 8:00am and taking a pee I found myself back on my couch sleeping again until about 10, which is relatively unheard of for me. I don't even remember being that tired when I woke up, it's just when I layed back down I felt very relaxed again and dosed off.

As for the day today it went well. I worked at McDonalds from 11:30am-7:30pm which usually ends in me being very frustrated and irritated when it's all said and done. It might have been all the sleep I got last night or the pill was still relaxing me but I was very mellow throughout the day even when we had lunch and dinner rushes.

So far I couldn't be happier with the results. Whether or not it was the tryptophan or just a psychological effect from what I read about it I still can't be sure though. I guess only time will tell on that one. I'll post updates on my experiences on Tuesday probably.

I rep back!

http://www.forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=141742851&posted=1#post141742851

CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000)
    Okay so after taking my first dose of two caps last night at about 10:30pm, I was out by 11 while watching tv. And just to put on record, that's one of the earliest I've fallen asleep this year during a weekend. I just felt relaxed and calm while laying on my couch and dosed off for the night.

It was a pretty peaceful sleep as I occasionally wake up in the dead of night for no apparent reason, no problems last night though. I'm also not one who sleeps in, its not usually by choice, just once I wake up it's impossible to fall back asleep for me. But after awaking at 8:00am and taking a pee I found myself back on my couch sleeping again until about 10, which is relatively unheard of for me. I don't even remember being that tired when I woke up, it's just when I layed back down I felt very relaxed again and dosed off.

As for the day today it went well. I worked at McDonalds from 11:30am-7:30pm which usually ends in me being very frustrated and irritated when it's all said and done. It might have been all the sleep I got last night or the pill was still relaxing me but I was very mellow throughout the day even when we had lunch and dinner rushes.

So far I couldn't be happier with the results. Whether or not it was the tryptophan or just a psychological effect from what I read about it I still can't be sure though. I guess only time will tell on that one. I'll post updates on my experiences on Tuesday probably.
    Mellow is a good word for describing Tryptophan. I felt very chilled out when using it.

PEA Dosing: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=261217881&postcount=1379

Originally Posted by CognitiveNutrition View Post
    Mellow is a good word for describing Tryptophan. I felt very chilled out when using it.
    Yeah, it just gives me a good relaxed feeling.

I rep back!

HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    woot! I am in

glad to hear you had a great first night!

2 and 3

So let me start back on Sunday Night. I took two pills before bed again and fell asleep as soon as I tried. Got the same mellow feeling that I've gotten every night so far a little while after taking them. After laying down for a bit I fell asleep watching tv again. I awoke at around 4am (Im guessing mostly due to the tv noise though) but after shutting it off I got back to sleep quickly and stayed asleep until my alarm went off in the morning. Felt great throughout the day and no problems with drowsiness throughout the day or any feelings of anxiety or frustration even.
    Last night I took my two pills again and same results I'm becoming accustomed to. Good mellow feeling followed by some zzz's after lying down for a bit. Felt good all day today. But I have to head to bed soon. I have a 6am baseball practice tomorrow so I'm banking on the Tryp to get me asleep soon. I'll update in a few days or so... G'night all!

I rep back!

So let me start back on Sunday Night. I took two pills before bed again and fell asleep as soon as I tried. Got the same mellow feeling that I've gotten every night so far a little while after taking them. After laying down for a bit I fell asleep watching tv again. I awoke at around 4am (Im guessing mostly due to the tv noise though) but after shutting it off I got back to sleep quickly and stayed asleep until my alarm went off in the morning. Felt great throughout the day and no problems with drowsiness throughout the day or any feelings of anxiety or frustration even.
    Last night I took my two pills again and same results I'm becoming accustomed to. Good mellow feeling followed by some zzz's after lying down for a bit. Felt good all day today. But I have to head to bed soon. I have a 6am baseball practice tomorrow so I'm banking on the Tryp to get me asleep soon. I'll update in a few days or so... G'night all!
    Sweetness looks like all the logs are doing swell.

Sweetness looks like all the logs are doing swell.
    Yeah its solid thus far. I haven't even had to bump up to 3 pills, but soon I might anyway just to see if its even better.

I rep back!

Yeah its solid thus far. I haven't even had to bump up to 3 pills, but soon I might anyway just to see if its even better.
    I think I'll go back on 6 caps in the morning for me =)

brb... lifting :D Midnight_Lifter's Avatar
    Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Midnight_Lifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I think I'll go back on 6 caps in the morning for me =)
    Sounds like you need a vacation, not more L-Tryp... just sayin'

Oh, hai Quags... yer log is lookin' good...

Originally Posted by Midnight_Lifter View Post
    Sounds like you need a vacation, not more L-Tryp... just sayin'

Oh, hai Quags... yer log is lookin' good...
    Thanks man. And dam 6 caps in the morning? haha im not quite there yet :P

I rep back!

HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks man. And dam 6 caps in the morning? haha im not quite there yet :P
    I don;t think I could take this during the day...not 4 or 6 anyway...maybe 1 or 2 - but I am getting a mood benifit during the day just taking it at night.

Hey sorry iys been a few days since I last updated. I planned on doing it friday night, but then my dad decided to surprise me with some Cavs game tickets and I ended up staying the night in Cleveland :P. And yesterday I was at my g/fs house til late so I came home and went to bed.

HAPPY EASTER to everyone reading!

But on to the part you care about. I bumped up my dosing to 3 caps a night and I'll be honest it didn't change much from the 2. Still the same good night sleeps, no getting up at night and struggling to sleep unless its a pee break. I wake up feeling refreshed and relaxed every morning which is great. My social personality has never been a problem I'm always an outgoing guy, so I can't say this has helped me in that aspect, except for the fact that I'm more well rested which has resulted in some better moods. Still I've felt very little stress for awhile now, even with working a few 8 hour shifts saturday and sundays at mcdonalds. So I do give the credit to the pill on atleast partially helping with that.

I'm going to start taking it in the morning to see how that works out. To see how it feels to me to let the readers know what the difference is if any. I'll let you know in a few days.

I rep back!

Hey sorry iys been a few days since I last updated. I planned on doing it friday night, but then my dad decided to surprise me with some Cavs game tickets and I ended up staying the night in Cleveland :P. And yesterday I was at my g/fs house til late so I came home and went to bed.

HAPPY EASTER to everyone reading!

But on to the part you care about. I bumped up my dosing to 3 caps a night and I'll be honest it didn't change much from the 2. Still the same good night sleeps, no getting up at night and struggling to sleep unless its a pee break. I wake up feeling refreshed and relaxed every morning which is great. My social personality has never been a problem I'm always an outgoing guy, so I can't say this has helped me in that aspect, except for the fact that I'm more well rested which has resulted in some better moods. Still I've felt very little stress for awhile now, even with working a few 8 hour shifts saturday and sundays at mcdonalds. So I do give the credit to the pill on atleast partially helping with that.

I'm going to start taking it in the morning to see how that works out. To see how it feels to me to let the readers know what the difference is if any. I'll let you know in a few days.
    Cool be interested to see how this turns out.

So for the past 4 days I've been taking 3 pills in the morning just after waking up (I have a question for a Cog Rep but we'll save it for the end). I'll be totally honest I'm not feeling much of a difference as far as mood or behavior change. As far as alertness and awakeness (? not sure if thats a word haha) I'm actually more tired during the day than I was while taking it at night, which will make sense if you continue reading. I managed to actually fall asleep during a movie today in class haha which I typically can't do (it was only some health care movie so no big haha).

I've awoken twice now at about 5am both times. Whether its a meer coincidence that it happened 2 out of 4 days I quit taking it at night I doubt but we'll still see. I'm going to continue taking it in the morning for the remainder of this week to see if maybe things change. But if they don't I was enjoy my results much more when I was taking them at night before bed, because I got a good full night sleep.

My question for the Cog. Rep. was does it matter if its taken with food or not?

I rep back!

So for the past 4 days I've been taking 3 pills in the morning just after waking up (I have a question for a Cog Rep but we'll save it for the end). I'll be totally honest I'm not feeling much of a difference as far as mood or behavior change. As far as alertness and awakeness (? not sure if thats a word haha) I'm actually more tired during the day than I was while taking it at night, which will make sense if you continue reading. I managed to actually fall asleep during a movie today in class haha which I typically can't do (it was only some health care movie so no big haha).

I've awoken twice now at about 5am both times. Whether its a meer coincidence that it happened 2 out of 4 days I quit taking it at night I doubt but we'll still see. I'm going to continue taking it in the morning for the remainder of this week to see if maybe things change. But if they don't I was enjoy my results much more when I was taking them at night before bed, because I got a good full night sleep.

My question for the Cog. Rep. was does it matter if its taken with food or not?

Like many aminos it should be taken on an empty stomach (3 hours after 1 hour before). Otherwise the effects will be greatly reduced if not inactive. I notice L-Tryptophan only when doing 6 caps a once.

Like many aminos it should be taken on an empty stomach (3 hours after 1 hour before). Otherwise the effects will be greatly reduced if not inactive. I notice L-Tryptophan only when doing 6 caps a once.
    Ah, see I was taking it, showering, then eating breakfast. So I'll let more time elapse in between the pill and the meal, also I'll bump it up some tabs tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes!

I rep back!

PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000) PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000) PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000) PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000) PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000) PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000) PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000) PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000) PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000) PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000) PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000)
    Ah, see I was taking it, showering, then eating breakfast. So I'll let more time elapse in between the pill and the meal, also I'll bump it up some tabs tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes!
    Ello ello ello

Keep us updated you may just need a higher dose.