Thread: soccer?

twc_rm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

soccer?

i want to life weights basically, but been a keen soccer player i can't really get 'big' becuase of the type of player i am (small and quick). now the kind of physique i want to go for is something like cristiano ronaldo, but how does he do get that ripped kind of look?

obviously he does intense cario through the week, but what kind of weights does he lift? light weights with lot's of reps or heavy weights with say like 8 reps?

and i realise his diet will be clean, but how many times would you say he eats a day?

hope somebody can help!

crppleman51 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crppleman51 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crppleman51 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crppleman51 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crppleman51 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crppleman51 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crppleman51 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crppleman51 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crppleman51 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crppleman51 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crppleman51 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by twc_rm View Post
    i want to life weights basically, but been a keen soccer player i can't really get 'big' becuase of the type of player i am (small and quick). now the kind of physique i want to go for is something like cristiano ronaldo, but how does he do get that ripped kind of look?

obviously he does intense cario through the week, but what kind of weights does he lift? light weights with lot's of reps or heavy weights with say like 8 reps?

and i realise his diet will be clean, but how many times would you say he eats a day?

hope somebody can help!
    believe or not with his physique hes definently lifting some heavy weights
    o and believe it or not having muscle will increase your level of play rather then slow you down.
    to get ripped up like the that you need a frame of muscle to rip up but read the stickies and the football faq especially there are 3 programs in their that would work great for any athlete

and as for soccer sprint training you need to focus on
    10-30 yd sprints
    agility/change of direction
    and you will need endurance but DO NOT do long runs they kill speed and will not help you at all

I'm A Wizard, Harry zpaintballer's Avatar
    zpaintballer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zpaintballer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zpaintballer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zpaintballer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zpaintballer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zpaintballer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zpaintballer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zpaintballer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zpaintballer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zpaintballer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zpaintballer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ive been playing soccer my whole life and im the quickest player on my team.
    its all about the offseason. no excuses

raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by twc_rm View Post

hope somebody can help!
    Chances are you wont get that big. Look at Dwayne Chambers and tell me being big makes you slow? Second, look at rugby players.

FTR I cant wait for Ronaldo to get an injury and end his career.
    Ansew to the few pms I've gotten since popping back on-line...

NO I never got full amount back from 'him', still owed for FAKE t3 and wu fee... More than a year on I can't be bothered to carry on chasing it up.. Unfortunatly word is he is on another bb community forum still selling

twc_rm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks for the replies, right so i can go heavy, and intense sprinting should reduce body fat aswell? as for food should it be plenty of carbs and lean meats?

thecheezman is just really nice. (+1000) thecheezman is just really nice. (+1000) thecheezman is just really nice. (+1000) thecheezman is just really nice. (+1000) thecheezman is just really nice. (+1000) thecheezman is just really nice. (+1000) thecheezman is just really nice. (+1000) thecheezman is just really nice. (+1000) thecheezman is just really nice. (+1000) thecheezman is just really nice. (+1000) thecheezman is just really nice. (+1000)
    yeah u pretty much got the right idea. do what works for you. during the whole offseason besides the last few weeks, i lift heavy and eat alot with a little cardio. then i switch over and worry more about cardio and ball skill and less lifting heavy and go to lighter quicker reps

RAW87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RAW87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RAW87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RAW87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RAW87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RAW87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RAW87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RAW87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RAW87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RAW87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RAW87 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    what should I do if i have no off season for soccer and I play 5 times a week? Dont do sprinting work?

JTringer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JTringer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JTringer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JTringer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JTringer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JTringer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JTringer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JTringer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JTringer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JTringer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JTringer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    wut do u mean 5 times a week? practices? games?

RAW87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RAW87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RAW87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RAW87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RAW87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RAW87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RAW87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RAW87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RAW87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RAW87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RAW87 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    heres my schedual,

Mon-soccer
    Tues-off
    Wed-soccer
    Thurs-soccer
    Fri-Baseball
    Sat-2 soccer games 1 practice
    Sun-2 soccer games/1 baseball practuce

DarkGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    A few things to address here:

#1. For the guy who said long, endurance cardio will slow you down, go jump in front of the old thinking train. It's obviously not something you'd want to do all the time, as you should be training to replicate a soccer specific form of running.

How convient, we happen to know of such a thing!

HIIT. As a soccer player you should be in a good enough shape for it. I say 3 cardio days a week, 2 HIIT and 1 endurance long run.

#2. CR7 and Ronaldinho both don't look too "body-builder big" but they most certainly are. As a beginning weightlifter you should just go with a 5x5 or rippetoes to get a good solid base. That alone would up your game a ton. 2 days a week of this.

Mind you this is during the season, the off-season would be much tougher.
    hai bra

crppleman51 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crppleman51 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crppleman51 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crppleman51 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crppleman51 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crppleman51 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crppleman51 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crppleman51 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crppleman51 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crppleman51 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crppleman51 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by DarkGrey View Post
    A few things to address here:

#1. For the guy who said long, endurance cardio will slow you down, go jump in front of the old thinking train. It's obviously not something you'd want to do all the time, as you should be training to replicate a soccer specific form of running.

How convient, we happen to know of such a thing!

HIIT. As a soccer player you should be in a good enough shape for it. I say 3 cardio days a week, 2 HIIT and 1 endurance long run.

#2. CR7 and Ronaldinho both don't look too "body-builder big" but they most certainly are. As a beginning weightlifter you should just go with a 5x5 or rippetoes to get a good solid base. That alone would up your game a ton. 2 days a week of this.

Mind you this is during the season, the off-season would be much tougher.
    are you ****ing kidding me! long distance is completely worthless to a soccer player even if im wrong and it doesnt decrease your speed its still a waste of time and energy because it has nothing to do with soccer conditioning

HIIT is nothing like soccer either... have you actually ever done the plan that you perscribed? thats serious overtraining running 5 times a week..

dude gtfo that **** inseason !?!?
    !!! nuff said..

DarkGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Listen, comprehend.

I said 3 days a week, 2 of which are HIIT 1 of which is endurance.

And YES, they DO pertain to soccer. Soccer is a long-run sport, in which you go from jogging to sprinting and back in a very short time. Remind you of anything?

Oh yeah, HIIT.

And without a maintained base of endurance you will most definetly fail on the field. I've been playing for 8 years at moderatly high levels. At least try to take my advice with a grain of salt.
    hai bra

Originally Posted by DarkGrey View Post
    Listen, comprehend.

I said 3 days a week, 2 of which are HIIT 1 of which is endurance.

And YES, they DO pertain to soccer. Soccer is a long-run sport, in which you go from jogging to sprinting and back in a very short time. Remind you of anything?

Oh yeah, HIIT.

And without a maintained base of endurance you will most definetly fail on the field. I've been playing for 8 years at moderatly high levels. At least try to take my advice with a grain of salt.
    thats still completely idiotic with at least 2 practices a week and a game on the weekend...

soccer is not a long run sport!! players run on average 10 miles. but all kinds of different speeds during that 10 miles

MOST of the game is spent jogging, walking or standing around

About 20% of the game is spent sprinting

You spend the LEAST amount of time during the game with the ball

NIKE research revealed that the portion of the game that was most important in determining the outcome was the 20% of the game that the player spent SPRINTING

If you watch THE PLAYER (NOT the game) next time you go to a soccer game, you will see the above 4 statements to be true.

-Quoted from joe ds site

you dont need an endurance base because soccer is simply not an aerobic sport
    the closest you need to endurance is some aerobic intervals but no long slow runs

edit: you probly could do hiit but it wouldnt be as effective as what i posted
    Last edited by crppleman51; 02-12-2008 at 09:48 AM.

lol moderately high levels for 8 years? if your 15 that seriously doesnt mean ****

JTringer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JTringer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JTringer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JTringer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JTringer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JTringer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JTringer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JTringer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JTringer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JTringer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JTringer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    ur little ****y fight isnt really helping him...prolly more confusing than anything....i dont know much about a baseball training session but Im guessing its pretty light compared to soccer so thats good, you should also keep that one day off for recovery. The games will actually improve ur speed endurance(pretty high speed for extended times) so ur covered there.
    The problem is that different teams practice at different intensities and cover different things so I cant really say if you should do extra or not. Basically if you dont feel tired at the end of the practice on monday, go do a few sets of 3-4 laps as much as you can push urself. Same thing on thursday, except do a speed workout. There is lots of info on this site thats good for speed. You can cycle running sessions between acceleration and max velocity depending on what you feel weak on. If you need any clarification or anything just pm me gl with ur training...and about ur weight training..do this for 3 weeks and then find a program that will build ur base-u want to focus around core work mostly, and a bit of legs(but not too much because of all the running and playing) for explosiveness and strength.

ineedone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    played big time D1 ball, and some D2 ball(long story) and Im trying to get into the pro circuit but ive got a back injury holding me back at the moment. My whole soccer career ive been lifting as heavy as possible, im still only around 150ish on a fat day.

what all of my trainers and stuff have done for me is 2 works outs basically, a 5x5 workout for building strength, then after a few months of that, they switch it up to a more full body with more reps and less weight. like something thats like 8x3 for each exercise. Then after a few months back to 5x5(summer 5x5, fall 8x3 full body lighter weight, winter 5x5, spring 8x3 has been my program for the past few years)

I still play 5 days a week, i work out always after, if i have a big game coming up or a big tryout or what not i dont go heavy for 2 days before.

as for running, ill either run a 6 min mile warmup, or run a mile with the ball. if your training as much as you say your are, you dont need to worry about cardio. Though i do reccomend hills as much as possible they will get your ass in shape if you take it seriously.

always be doing squats and dead lifts, always have a ball around and do some juggling between sets(trust me on this one). never stop playing =]

musapusa is on a distinguished road. (+10) musapusa is on a distinguished road. (+10) musapusa is on a distinguished road. (+10) musapusa is on a distinguished road. (+10) musapusa is on a distinguished road. (+10) musapusa is on a distinguished road. (+10) musapusa is on a distinguished road. (+10) musapusa is on a distinguished road. (+10) musapusa is on a distinguished road. (+10) musapusa is on a distinguished road. (+10) musapusa is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    "HIIT is nothing like soccer either"
    are you f***ed?
    you got problems bro, soccer is literally HIIT