newgene has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) newgene has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) newgene has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) newgene has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) newgene has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) newgene has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) newgene has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) newgene has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) newgene has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) newgene has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) newgene has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

New Treadmill -- Reebok 8100 ES

I'm wondering how long everyone thinks this one will last. We just picked up a treadmill for the wife and I, and it is of course a good deal. However, it's another Icon-made treadmill with a company brand of Reebok. This is a similar one:

http://www.reebokfitness.com/webapp/...ryIdLink=12661

We actually bought the one from Sams, and it is very similar. Except the 8100 ES says it has a 3.5 CHP motor, and still supports 350 lbs. I ran on it for the first time today for 20 minutes between 4.5 and 5 mph, and it seemed fine. Keep in mind, I weight around 250+ (today). It was only $799 plus tax and it supposedly has a beefy motor. We'll see. If it lasts 3 years, the cost savings over a more expensive Precor is justified.

Good buy or not?

BMK11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BMK11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BMK11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    newgene- I too have been considering this treadmill, and would be interested to hear your (or anyone elses) reviews after several uses. The price is certainly right, considering the HP of the motor. Most 3.5 CHP motors are on treadmills in the 2K plus range. I know its a Sams Club special, because you can't find it sold anywhere else, but it makes you wonder how a motor that size can be on an affordable treadmill.
    How is the stability of this treadmill. I'm 6'2, 220 and need a treadmill that is going to take a pounding, but I don't want too much artificial spring.

I agree that time will tell if its a good buy or not. If you get three years of good use, then you absolutely made a good purchase.

newgene has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) newgene has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) newgene has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) newgene has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) newgene has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) newgene has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) newgene has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) newgene has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) newgene has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) newgene has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) newgene has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    So far, it seems like it will hold up. I have used it twice and my wife uses it every day, and it seems fine. I'm over 250, and it is a little springy, but not that much. My wife is only 110 lbs, so I won't even count her. I basically jog on it at between 4.5 and 5 mph, and feels comfortable. It works for me because I only use it on days I can't get to the gym.

I like the Precor at the gym more because it feels rock solid. However, for $799, the Reebok seems like a much better deal. Everything I have read before buying this one says you get what you pay for. However, most say the treadmills from Sams and Costco or very much worth the price. So far, so good, I guess.

2lovebugs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Treadmill 8100 es

I too have this treamill. Bought it 1.5.08 and use it everyday for at least 40- 60 min, depending on what time I get up. I love it. I weigh 241. I use the incline and adjust speed every min through out my workout. After my warm up (3 Min) I will alternate my run/ walk every 2 min. (run for 2 min - incline (2-6%) then walk (3.5-3.7 mph) at a 6-9% incline). The motor or belt does not jurk or slow down with the change in incline or speed. That was one thing that I reseached before buying a treadmill. If a product gives you a CHP listing it's telling you that at the max. wt limit, the motor will stay contstant with its power - reguardless of the speed or incline. If a product just lists the HP -- Its just stating the power of the motor. Its not stating if it will have the same power when weight is added. I believe I got a good product for my money. I wish you well and To your Health.

Originally Posted by 2lovebugs View Post
    I too have this treamill. Bought it 1.5.08 and use it everyday for at least 40- 60 min, depending on what time I get up. I love it. I weigh 241. I use the incline and adjust speed every min through out my workout. After my warm up (3 Min) I will alternate my run/ walk every 2 min. (run for 2 min - incline (2-6%) then walk (3.5-3.7 mph) at a 6-9% incline). The motor or belt does not jurk or slow down with the change in incline or speed. That was one thing that I reseached before buying a treadmill. If a product gives you a CHP listing it's telling you that at the max. wt limit, the motor will stay contstant with its power - reguardless of the speed or incline. If a product just lists the HP -- Its just stating the power of the motor. Its not stating if it will have the same power when weight is added. I believe I got a good product for my money. I wish you well and To your Health.
    Welcome to the forum. I am still very pleased with the treadmill. I don't use the incline, but I do run it up to around 4.8 mph for around 25 minutes. That's not a ton, but because of my size, I'm impressed. I run on a Precor at the gym during the week, and I really can't tell a difference. The Reebok never skips, drags, or slows down. Very well worth the $799, so far. I only run on it once per week, but my wife uses it all during the week.

So far so good.

BMK11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BMK11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BMK11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    newgene-
    I saw this Treadmill marked down to $439 at my local Sam's Club. I was wondering how the treadmill has held up 6th months later. You still think this is a good buy?
    Also, how are the higher speeds? I run about a 22 min 5k and would like to do some speed work in the 10-12mph range. How does the treadmill handle at those speeds?
    Thanks for your time.

Originally Posted by BMK11 View Post
    newgene-
    I saw this Treadmill marked down to $439 at my local Sam's Club. I was wondering how the treadmill has held up 6th months later. You still think this is a good buy?
    Also, how are the higher speeds? I run about a 22 min 5k and would like to do some speed work in the 10-12mph range. How does the treadmill handle at those speeds?
    Thanks for your time.
    I just read your post, and I answered your PM. However, I didn't realize you were buying it for that high of a speed. I really don't think it's an issue, but if you weigh over 200 lbs, running at that speed may really test the machine. It works fine for me, and mostly my wife, but I really can't comment on that speed. It's a good treadmill, but I really just don't know.

BTW, it's much better than any horizon I've seen in the price range FWIW.